Appearances Appearances by YeungMaiSu Author's website: http://redshipsgreenships.com/ Disclaimer: Ray and Stella belong to Alliance Communications and the great Pauls (both Haggis and Gross). This is a dalliance set between the responsibilities of real life. It is not work. I am not getting paid. Author's Notes: This poem is warmly and with affection dedicated to Beth H. and Pollitt for their encouragement. Special thanks also should go to Pollitt for the lovely title. I would like to include here as well the actors, directors, writers and fans everywhere of "due South." Story Notes: This work was originally featured as part of the Make-Up Challenge for the Due South Flashfiction Community on Live Journal. Appearances When I first saw her, she looked like those dolls they keep under glass. Admired, though not to be played with. But that's not her at all. See, I know the Stella. She likes the look of dirty nails. Blood on the knuckles. Kisses that taste of beer and secrets. Being held all night long. This I get, this I understand. And if you want something, you gotta be willing to work for it. So I'll change my hair, lose the glasses, wear the leather, get the tat. Because if I give her everything she wants, maybe she'll want me. End Appearances by YeungMaiSu: YeungMaiSu@aol.com Author and story notes above.