Disclaimer:  Unfortunately, they're not mine.  They belong to Alliance and other people other than myself.  I've always wanted a Mountie of my very own; I would squeeze him and hug him and I would call him George.
Rating:  Er, PG.  I guess.
Spoilers:  Highlander, The Innocent.  dueSOUTH, Eclipse (maybe a very little bit).
This story is an AU.  Tyler King (CKR) of the Highlander universe considers a change of careers.
This story contains an unpolitical correct bit.  Opinions expressed in this fan fic do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author.


Do-Over
By ShrinkingViolet


I'd almost forgotten why I hate do-gooders so much... Until I had the misfortune of meeting Duncan MacLeod.  The schmuck.

It was a very simple arrangement, one that I've been using for the past hundred years or so.  I'd kill the teacher, than hunt down the student while they were they were still weak and experienced.  All I wanted was the idiot's head, figured it'd be an easy kill, right?  Not while MacLeod was around, the nosy little...

Maybe I ought to give up this little scam.  Go straight.  Be a goody-two-shoes myself.  Maybe... a cop.  Yeah, a cop.  Sure seems safer, at least while that Highlander is around.  The stories I've heard...

Yeah, because of MacLeod and his little sidekick, I need a new job.

I pick up the phone and call a friend of mine.  By the time I hang up, I have a new name and a new social security number.  I am now Officer Stanley Kowalski of the Chicago PD (Hey, I like the guy and everything, but he is way to obsessed about A Streetcar Named Desire).

Maybe I'll just stick to Ray.


Email Me!
shrinkingviolet@freehomepage.com
or
violet@freehomepage.com

Back to ShrinkingViolet's dueSOUTH fan fiction page
Back to the due South Fan Fiction Archive