Humour Poetry

Rated G? PG?

One evening while viewing pics of a certain gorgeous guy on Caroline's DS page, my sister remarked "Just look at those eyes. He knows exactly what he's doing to us." I, of course, defended my hero maintaining he was completely guileless and that was just a friendly, boy-next-door sort of look.

But then I wrote this poem. So one of us is not as innocent as they claim.

Comments welcome. cross@norlink.net

Lament

by Cheryl Ross

Who gave you the right to have those eyes tall Paul? Who gave you the right to break hearts of every shape and size You've got your nerve tall Paul. And where'd you get that grin that makes one want to sin Your lips don't care where they've been do they? tall Paul. Don't play the innocent with me you ply your charms too easily that glint is in your eyes for all to see. You're well aware tall Paul. Don't give me that look don't flash that smile I'd know your type a country mile. You think I care about that chin my heart is hard so think again! The others may all fall for you just because your eyes are blue but I am made of sterner stuff my will is strong, my resolve tough So why oh why can I never get enough of you tall Paul?


Return to the Due South Fiction Archive