The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Sweetness Follows

Number of comments: 2

(post new comment)
From: dsfan
Date: 09/14/2012
Hey, author - You really need to get over your Ray Vecchio hate!

Making him a negative character whom Fraser merely tolerates, instead of loving and caring about Ray as a friend as he did on the show, is not going to make me like the F/K pairing. Instead, it makes the case that F/K is an unbelievable romantic pairing - because you had to make RayV and Fraser so different than they were on the show and their friendship so much less than it was on the show to make the case for F/K. You should label all of your stories as AUs, or call the characters other names. I don't know about Kowalski, but your Fraser and your RayV are NOT as they were on the show.

From: Nina
Date: 06/02/2009
Hi - Could you put a warning at the top that Ray Vecchio is not portrayed positively in this story? I am very tired of RayV bashing in stories that are F/RayK - particularly stories that I think have a strong, positive Fraser-RayV friendship throughout because they start out that way!

I'm sorry - but I just can't be convinced that RayV is so homophobic that he would reject Benny and vice versa; I think he and Fraser love each other too much to throw away their very strong friendship (watch Seasons 1 and 2 and you'll see what I mean by very strong friendship). I also think RayV would try very hard to get along with RayK because he wants Benny to be happy.

(post new comment)