The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Family Portrait

Number of comments: 7

(post new comment)
From: Joy Mills
Date: 12/12/2013
HI, I HAVE JUST RE READ YOUR GREAT STORY FAMILY PORTRAIT.I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ANOTHER OF YOUR STORIES BUT CANT FIND IT. THE STORY IN QUESTION IS BLUEPRINT. PERHAPS YOU DIRECT ME TO WHERE I CAN FIND IT. THANK YOU. I HOPE YOU ARE STILL WRITING YOUR GREAT STORIES.

YOURS SINCERELY.. JOY MILLS

From: Vicki
Date: 04/08/2009
Does anyone have a current email for Journey? I would like to attempt a podfic of Family Portrait. It is one of my daughter's favorite fics and I would like to give the recording to her for her birthday. If I don't suck at it I would like to post it ...somewhere. Any idea where I can ask permission?

From: Vicki
Date: 07/15/2008
Well what can i say it was one of the best story i've ever read. i'd love to see to this story continued to see how there lives are going i hope there happy.

Thank you for sharing
From: Vicki
Date: 07/15/2008
Well what can i say it was one of the best story i've ever read. i'd love to see to this story continued to see how there lives are going i hope there happy.

Thank you for sharing

Vicki
From: Savannah Heath
Date: 11/28/2007
This is a wonderful story. I love the children. I love a Universe where Ray gets his kids and Fraser gets his Ray.
From: Nos4a2no9 (alexis.muirhead@gmail.com)
Date: 07/21/2006
This was such a warm, loving and affectionate look at the Fraser/RayK dynamic that it didn't feel for a second like an AU. It was such an authentic piece of writing that I couldn't stop reading. The structural choices the author used, in terms of the imagery of puzzle pieces and the difficult-to-assemble swingset were very sophisticated and they worked well as metaphors for the way Fraser and Ray struggle to come to terms with their relationship and its implications for their sexuality. Deciding to focus less on Ray's knee-jerk reaction in his attraction to Fraser (as in, "Oh my god, I'm attracted to a MAN!") and more on Fraser's deeper, complex fears about his security and relationship to others was a fantastic choice. Too often DS slash writers treat homophobia as the main obstacle to the pairing and neglect to deal the emotional barriers that have surrounded Fraser since childhood and Ray's own inner demons. I really appreciated the way the author ensured that the final conflict in this story was that of Fraser's own sense of isolation and fear of his own emotions vs. Ray's difficulty coming to terms with the new aspect of his sexuality. It made the story feel much more in-line with these characters and their emotional lives and personal histories. I also think that the choice ensures that this story will have relevance long into the future because it deals so honestly with contemporary concerns about homophobia as well as the contradictions and compromises of the human heart.
From: nummy_treat
Date: 05/25/2006
Absolutely fantastic!!!
(post new comment)