The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on All the Comforts of Home

Number of comments: 4

(post new comment)
From: dsfan
Date: 12/13/2012
I want to punch both Fraser and Kowalski (I refuse to call him Ray!) for the terrible way they treated poor RayV in this story. Fraser especially should have forgotten about having sex with that nasty Kowalski, and treated the man who is still his best friend with compassion and understanding, spending as much time with him as possible to assure him that he still loves him as a best friend. Frankly, I don't understand what Fraser sees in Kowalski at all, and you're not very convincing in making Kowalski the good guy and poor RayV the "bad Ray" who is out to destroy Fraser's and Kowalski's (yuk!) "twue luv."

From: dsfshipper
Date: 04/01/2011
I really, really wish you had not made RayV homophobic. Frankly, I don't see why this story is still being recommended highly in the dS fandom after all these years. I don't understand what you have against RayV so much to make him the antagonistic character who has to make his peace with Kowalski, or else lose Fraser's friendship. Why is it always RayV being homophobic, who has to get over his bigotry and not any other character? It's probably just stupid stereotyping of him because he's Italian and was raised Catholic. Give him credit for being able to NOT be homophobic and accept Benny no matter what because he loves Benny - however you interpret that love. And if you really hate RayV - then I feel sorry for you. He's a wonderful character who deserves much more love than the fandom has given him.


From: Firestorm17
Date: 05/15/2008
I love this story.
From: Mary (stuck_in_america01@yahoo.com)
Date: 06/15/2005
Just wanted to tell you that I loved this story so much. It was so loving and heart breaking at the same time. And I hope that there will be more writing for you soon. Your stuff is just to good.
(post new comment)