Title: Red Ribbon
By: Tara Blue
Disclaimer: Neither Ray nor Fraser belong to me. I really don't think any one thought they did.
Rating: R at the very worse.
Notes: Written as a Valentines Day present for the Serge mailing list. So, Happy Valentines Day to all of my beloved listsibs, and I hope you enjoy. It's unbeta'd, so please excuse any mistakes.
Feedback: loved and worshipped at bluecast@yahoo.com.

***

"...Chocolates? Nah, too cliched...After shave? Nah, he doesn't wear it...Camping stuff? He'd like it, but it ain't overly, uh, romantic like..." Ray Kowalski stood in the middle of the large department store, muttering to himself. It was February 13, the day before Valentines day, and Ray was feeling particularly frustrated. Which was why he was standing in the middle of a department store, muttering to himself. "...What do you get for a Mountie who is perfectly content to live in his closet of an office, for crying out loud..."

"Um, excuse me?" Ray turned to find that a saleswoman had come up behind him.

"Yeah?"

"Is there, uh, something I can help you with, sir?" The woman blinked at him, the standard issue, empty saleswoman smile at full wattage.

"Uh...no. Maybe. Yeah, yeah I need help." *Oh, truer words were never spoken, Kowalski.*

"And what are you looking for today?" The smile had gone up in power as the woman noticed just how attractive the strange, muttering man was. Well, attractive in a sort of lean, bad boy, stubbly way.

"I, uh, I'm looking for a Valentines gift for someone. My, er, my boyfriend."

The smile fell a little. "Your, uh, boyfriend sir?"

"Um, yeah. It's our, uh, first Valentines Day together, so I kinda want to get him something special."

"Ah... I see. Well, how about chocolates or flowers?"

"Cliched."

"Oh. Um, aftershave?"

"Doesn't wear it."

"Um, how about some sort of jewellery. A watch or id bracelet or something. You could get it engraved."

"Uh, doesn't wear jewellery, either."

"Right. Okay. Well, then, a sweater maybe?"

"Well, that's not overly romantic, is it? I mean, this is my boyfriend, not my brother."

"All right. Fine. What does your ... boyfriend like, then?"

"He, uh, he likes..." *Me. Fraser likes me.* Ray stopped as an idea struck him. The perfect idea. "Hey, could you direct me to the fabrics section?"

"The, uh, fabric section?"

"Yeah."

"Well, it's just over there, next to the hobbies section..."

As Ray jogged off in the direction indicated, the saleswoman watched him go and muttered to herself. "What a strange man. He starts off looking for something romantic and special, and then ends up wanting to get the guy fabric? Weirdo..."

***

"Ray?" Fraser pushed open the door to Ray's apartment, and stepped inside. Placing his Stetson on the counter top just inside the entrance, he moved further into the room. In his right hand he clutched a large bouquet of roses, in the left a wrapped box containing his gift for Ray - a small, perfect, wooden statue of Ray's GTO, hand carved and painted by Fraser over the week before.

"In here, Ben." Ray's voice floated out of the bedroom. Following the noise, Fraser made his way over to the open door.

The flowers fell to the floor. So did the gift.

Ray was standing in the center of the bedroom, completely naked except for the long, bright red ribbon snaking about his torso, shoulders, and neck before being tied in a bow at his throat. A small tag attached to the end of the ribbon, and Fraser could just make out the words "To Ben, Love Ray" written on it.

Looking absolutely wicked, his sexiest smile curving his lips, Ray cocked an eyebrow. "Happy Valentine's Day, Ben."

End.