Secrets

by Catalina Dudka


This story is written for the private entertainment of fans. No infringement of any copyrights held by Due South c/o Alliance is intended. This story is not published for profit, and the author does not give permission for this story to be reproduced for profit. The author makes no claims on the characters or their portrayal by the creation of this story.

Rated PG - m/m - Romance

Secrets
(by Catalina Dudka - Copyright 1996)

"Are you sure??"

"I'm sorry Ray ... I have to decline."

"You're gonna miss a hell of a shinding."

"Yes, well ... Maybe next time," Fraser smiled briefly.

"OK, your loss," Ray shrugged giving up.

The Mountie stepped out of the Riv and made himself stand at the curb to wave goodbye. It was all he could do not to dash up the stairs to his apartment, eventhough he still had a few minutes grace.

As soon as the car was out of sight, Fraser entered his building, and proceeded up the stairs. Though his steps were eager, his heart was heavy, weighed down by secrets. It was against his nature to keep things from his friend. It went against everything he'd ever been taught ... to lie.

Pausing for a moment, he took a deep breath to calm the turmoil inside. The heady combination of excitement and guilt he felt was more than familiar. It was a constant companion to the secret. A secret that was his to keep, but not his to reveal.

Closing the door, Fraser noted Diefenbaker's sleeping form and checked his watch. Still five minutes to go until moonrise. Treading quietly, he removed his uniform. As he pulled on well-worn jeans, Fraser heard a stirring. He turned towards the sound and, just like countless times in the past, became mesmerized by the sight that greeted him.

The Change was swift and breathtaking. No matter how many times he'd witnessed it, his heart still raced. As the pale shape stood up gracefully, Fraser couldn't help but admire anew the lithe line of pure muscle beneath alabaster skin. The full moon's beam illuminated a tall, slim body, that though androgynous in form, was most definitely male. Fraser's eyes drank in the deceptively delicate beauty of high cheekbones, sharp chin, and eyes the crystal blue of a glacier's ancient heart.

Sensual lips parted in a smile full of sweet, dark promises. Tossing waist-long hair the colour of cream over his shoulder, Diefenbaker stepped forward into his lover's embrace.


The moonlight slipped in through the window, and crept along the blanket to caress the satiated lovers on the bed. Contemplating the slumbering form at his side, Fraser though about secrets. Secrets that were his to keep, but not his to reveal.

The end

Cat (cdudka@direct.ca)