The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Mounties Revenge

Number of comments: 2

(post new comment)
From: dsfan
Date: 08/30/2012
I wish you'd just called all of the characters in this story, and your other stories, by other names. They don't resemble the Fraser, RayV, RayK and Stella from the series at all - and you especially don't seem to understand Fraser's and RayV's wonderful friendship and Stella and RayK's relationship. Stella may not be able to get along with RayK, but she does still love him as a friend, and wouldn't hurt him intentionally. And RayV would never hurt Benny intentionally.

You must be a very bitter, sad person to tear down characters who love Fraser and RayK to make the case for F/K. You're also very immature to write Fraser and RayK as not needing anyone other than each other. Neither one of them would behave as rudely and terribly toward RayV and Stella as they do in this story - which is why you shouldn't have called them "Fraser" and "Ray Kowalski" at all. OF COURSE they love and need people in their lives other than each other!

From: Nancy
Date: 10/28/2010
Okay - I'm confused about the beginning of this story.

At the end of "Model Murderer," Fraser rejects RayV not only as a lover after RayV says that he's in love with him - Fraser is too obsessively in love with "poor little RayK" (gag!) to even consider the feelings of his best friend. Fraser also seems to reject RayV as his friend, even though I couldn't find anything in "Model Murderer" that RayV did to deserve Fraser's rejection.

Now, at the beginning of this story, things seem to be all right with Fraser and RayV and they're friends again?! It doesn't make sense. Where is the scene that fills in what happened between this story and the last one - Fraser quietly having a heartfelt talk with RayV and telling him that, yes, he is very much in love with RayK, but that doesn't mean that he still doesn't love RayV very much as a friend, and trying to soothe RayV's broken heart? It probably hurt RayV very much to have the man that he was in love with choose his replacement over him.

I just hope that no more of the F/K stories with "poor little victimized RayK" and "bad RayV who is so mean to poor little RayK" and "Fraser who is overly obsessed with RayK that he doesn't consider the feelings of others who love him" stories are being written. They simply add nothing good to the fandom.

(post new comment)