The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Face the Rising Sun

Number of comments: 1

(post new comment)
From: tortiecat
Date: 12/12/2012
This is very positive, sweet portrayal of Fraser, of Ray and their very special friendship - but I think you've fallen too much for the fanon ideas about what happened to their relationship after "COTW." I don't think Ray ever lost Fraser by going undercover. Fraser knew that Ray would return, and Fraser's new friendship with Ray Kowalski did NOT replace his friendship with Ray, so Ray didn't "lose" Fraser to another man on the show. And there's nothing that says that Ray and Stella stayed together after going to Florida. I think she would be terrible to him, so they probably decided to go their separate ways after a short time, plus Ray probably missed Chicago too much.

I give Fraser and Ray credit for still keeping their friendship and giving it priority even if they were temporarily separated by Ray's undercover job, and were separated again because Fraser stupidly decides to go away with RayK instead spending time with his best friend, and Ray reacts to the rejection he must have felt by going to Florida with Stella. I like to think that Ray and Fraser did renew their friendship after these separations, and never again take it for granted, even if they could no longer work together or be in the same city. In your scenario, however, Ray V would eventually be in Chicago with Fraser again because I like to imagine that he ends his relationship with Stella.

(post new comment)