Not mine. They all belong to Alliance, but what can you do, eh?

 

Rated NC-17 for m/m, you have been warned.

 

This is sort of a sequel to Mr Matchmaker, it would make more sense to read that one first, but will work as a stand alone story as well (I hope)! It would appear that I've started a kind of series (something that I NEVER intended to do) all I can say is it wasn't my fault. It goes, Change in Duty, Duty Memories, Mr Matchmaker and now this one.

 

 

Extended Family

 

Ray quietly snuck into the apartment late at night. Everything was eerily quiet and lifeless. The usual bustle of energy that normally followed in behind him was already asleep in bed. Ray had been at his house with the family because his great aunt who he rarely got to see was visiting from Milan. Frannie had been there, showing off her and Fraser's new relationship, much to ma's approval, of course his family had noticed him spending a lot of time elsewhere and were beginning to pester him about meeting the newest possible extension of the Vecchio family. His family had become more persistent on the matter. Ray was running out of excuses not to introduce them to the new love of his life, running out of them,

 

Fast.

 

They never quit asking about the woman that was so important that he would neglect his family, they said it jokingly, and they were pleased he'd found someone to make him happy. Ma wanted to meet the person who'd brought so much happiness to her son's life.

 

They peppered him with questions, where does she work? What does she look like? And the old favourite, when will we meet her? Ray had tried his hardest to answer the questions honestly, but his family had seen his reluctance and had begun to become suspicious of the mysterious 'woman'. Ray disinclination to introduce them had only piqued their curiosity further, and Ray couldn't think of a reasonable explanation as to why he hadn't brought her around to the family. Frannie, thankful for Kowalski's part in hers and Fraser's relationship, did her best to diffuse the situation, saying that this was probably the exact reason why Ray didn't want to subject his new love interest to the Vecchio's. This however made matters worse. Ma had accused him of being ashamed of his family and heritage.

 

Nothing could be further from the truth.

 

If Ray had thought for one second they wouldn't kill Stan the moment they found out about their relationship, he would have told them straight away.

 

Ray had felt guilty all night, him enjoying himself with Frannie and Fraser, his family all around him knowing that his lover was sat all alone in the apartment, probably bored. What made it worse was that Stan was fine about it, he'd told him to have a nice time say 'hello' to everyone for him and to wake him up whatever time he got in. He'd shown no resentment about not being issued an invitation, it only increased the guilt Ray felt, Stan should have been there, Ray had no intention of ever leaving Stan, and he knew his lover had equally strong feelings on the matter. He knew his family loved Stan, he'd protected him when he went undercover, but they'd never accept him if they knew the real bond between them, they were Catholics after all.

 

Ray quietly crept into the bedroom his heart caught the moment he saw his lover sprawled naked on the bed, spread-eagled and delicious in the faint moonlight that streamed in the open curtains. Stan had obviously meant to wait up for him, but had drifted off to sleep instead. Ray was torn, he so wanted to leave his lover sleeping peacefully but the devil in him was dying to wake him up, see if he could take some of the hurt away from him. The devil, of course, won, Stan had made him promise to wake him up when he got in.

 

This was one promise that was too good to break.

 

Ray took a closer look at Stan, it was a shame he was lying on his front, Ray could think of some good ways to wake him up, that definitely wouldn't cause compliant. Ray had to rethink his strategy, he did so as he removed his clothes, hanging up his suit in the dark cupboard, undoing his tie and removing his boxers, he crawled up against his lovers naked body, relaxing in the warmth that radiated off of the smaller man, Ray ran a hand appreciatively down the length of his lovers back in a slow caress. This caused Stan to grunt as the strange sensation and in his sleep one arm looped around over his back trying to shoo away the irritation. Ray lightly caressed the tattoo on said arm which then caused said arm to be rapidly repositioned over Stan's head as another groan escaped. Stan buried his face in the arm so that all Ray could see was his now flattened mussed hair and an ear. Ray not being particularly choosy when it came to playing with parts of his lover's anatomy settled on the ear. He leant in closer, smelling the sweet scent of Stan and gently licked the ear, disappointed with the lack of response, Ray grew bolder and stuck his tongue as far in the opening as it would go, then began to suck harshly on the lobe. His lover swatted him on his nose for his trouble.

 

The devil in Ray made an appearance once again. Stan could sleep through a rock concert. Desperate measures were called for. Ray brought his hand up and brought it down playfully on Stan's ass

 

//crack//

 

That at least got a response. Stan's head came up sleepily as he looked around the dark in confusion. Ray repeated the action, only harder this time, enough to leave a pinkish handprint on his lover's ass. This brought Stan to nearly full running power.

 

"Whassat for?" Stan demanded sleepily.

 

"Just waking you up as you asked me," Ray replied cheekily. Stan now working up to better levels of coherence sat up bolt upright, flipping over in the process.

 

"How'd it go?" Stan was obviously referring to the evening with his family; Ray felt another pang of guilt. Stan looked genuinely interested, if a little sad. He was the only one not there after all.

 

"Oh, well families, ya know," Ray tried to downplay the terrific time they'd all had.

 

"Not really no," Stan replied quietly, so quietly Ray thought he'd almost imagined it but the miserable look on his lover's face was all the extra evidence he needed. Ray enveloped the slighter man into a tight embrace. The embrace quickly changed from one of pure comfort to one of need and desire. Stan looked sulkily up at him through heavy lidded eyes. Ray pushed him back until Stan was led totally on his back Ray pinned his hands above his head with his own. Stan really didn't have a problem with submissive positions. In fact Ray suspected he rather liked them, although he'd be too shy to ever admit it out loud.

 

Ray straddled him his legs pinning down the now writhing legs beneath him. Stan bucked his hips up in a desperate attempt to get some attention to his erection. Ray chuckled lightly at his impatience. Ray kissed his way down his lover's smooth chest, finding a nipple and sucking on it enthusiastically. On of the first things Ray had learnt about Stan was how sensitive his nipples were, Ray thought if he put enough effort into it he could probably make the other man come just by playing with them. On day he'd try that. His own personal challenged.

 

If he failed he could always try again. You know what they say, practice makes perfect. Ray was willing to practice a lot.

 

A whole lot.

 

Ray released Stan's arms but now they led lax on his pillow, Ray took advantage of his lover's lax state and simultaneously played with one nipple and softly bit on the other already hardened nub. Ray was pleased with the reaction. He felt Stan's cock jump in appreciation and a low guttural moan escaped. Stan's writhing increased as Ray moved back up to suck on his neck and played with both erect nipples with his forefinger and thumb, squeezing them gently. Stan's hips bucked demandingly as he got closer.

 

"Ray, please.." He whimpered. Ray looked down between their bodies. Stan was so close. Ray twisted the nipples sharply in his hands. Stan threw his head back and moaned loudly and his cock twitched, Ray tried it again experimentally, only to have exactly the same response. Ray chuckled lightly. It was as if his nipples were directly wired to his cock, he looked up into the confused eyes of his lover, who was thankfully beyond capable of making sentences. Ray took pity on Stan and rubbed his cock harshly with his hand giving Stan the much craved for friction, he came almost instantly in a sticky mess over Ray's fingers.

 

"Whasso funny?" Stan asked in a husky voice at Ray continued humour,

 

"Ya made a mess," Ray whined good humouredly as he held his sticky fingers up as proof.

 

"M'sorry," Stan declared but he looked anything but as he slowly took each finger into his mouth and licked himself off of each digit, closing his eyes as his tongue took on a life of it' own, Ray felt his own desire heighten to new levels. He could hear his blood thundering in his ears as Stan slowly guided his now saliva covered fingers into his ass. Stan gently flipped them over so he was on top, when it became apparent that Ray was too far gone to help in the process, Stan slowly covered his own fingers in saliva and began to slowly finger fuck himself, Ray felt as if his brain had been disconnected as Stan suddenly impaled himself on his cock at a speed that must of hurt. Stan stilled for what seemed like an eternity to Ray, but hen eventually began to move up and down in frantic movements. Ray feeling the inevitable rush thrust his hips up and down in time to his partner's movements. They both let out garbled cries of each other name as they came.

 

They led for some time in the deathly quiet, the only sounds from the pattering of the rain on the window and their own harsh panting. Stan lazily wrapped an arm over his torso, Ray moved into the warmth, his sweat covered body cooling in the cool night air.

 

"You made a mess again," Ray joking pointed to his stomach that was splattered with Stan's semen. Stan for lack of anything else to mop it up with began to lick it off his lover's stomach in long sweeping lapping motions, like a cat. Stan then slowly climbed his body and gave him a slow lingering kiss.

 

"You waited up for me?" Ray asked even though it was more of a statement, he knew his lover would have tried to stay up for him.

 

"Yeh," came the sleepy reply. Ray pulled the other man close and wrapped them both in Stan's large duvet before the chill got worse. Stan positioned his head on his shoulder, his eyes closing despite the apparent attempts by their owner to stay awake. Stan let a small sigh of frustration as sleep finally took him. Ray gazed down at the peaceful expression on his lover's face. Stan always looked so young and innocent in his sleep. Ray could feel the similar pull on his own eyelids as he snuggled into Stan and drifted off into a peaceful sleep himself.

 

0o0o0

 

Ray woke to the smell of coffee, which was strange as Stan was normally not a morning person, he could also hear voices in the kitchen so he decided to go investigate. He slowly crept out of the bedroom fully expecting to see Fraser or Frannie, not many other people visited Stan, his family were all out of town and due to the undercover work he had to keep a low profile while in Chicago. So Ray was naturally shocked when he heard a female voice speaking back to Stan, Ray moved to get a better look. It wasn't ant female either.

 

It was the Stella.

 

And she had her hand on Stan's arm in a decidedly overly friendly manner. Stan gently removed her hand,

 

"You're my husband!" she declared.

 

" Ex - husband Stell, you never forgot to remind me of that did you?"

 

"I've missed you," she said in a pitiful voice, but Ray could hear the cold manipulation. Stella always got what she wanted.

 

One way or another.

 

Well Stan was one thing she was not going to have. Stan was his. He confidently strode up to his lover, wrapped his arms around his chest and bent and kissed his shoulder gently.

 

"Hello Stella," he greeted her with a chilly voice. He was pleased to see she looked absolutely speechless. Gob smacked even, her jaw had slackened in a very unattractive position, as she stood wide-eyed looking at them. Ray could feel Stan beginning to get nervous and fidgety, waiting for a chance to run. Ray tightened his grip on his half naked lover shutting off and possible escape routes. The shocked expression quickly changed to one of anger.

 

"How the hell could you?" She demanded angrily at Stan.

 

"It was quite easy Stell, ya want me ta draw ya a diagram?" Stan shot back equally angry. Ray was pleased; Stan was defending him, to Stella. If Ray thought he'd ever have a problem with Stan, he'd always thought Stella would be the cause of it. She still had this hold over the man, didn't want him, but didn't want anyone else to have him. Selfish. But then Ray was not overly pleased at the idea of sharing Stan, even with his past.

 

"You're parents don't know do they?" They both heard the underlying threat there, Stan stiffened in his embrace, "since when have you been gay?" she directed at Stan, clearly uninterested with Ray for the moment.

 

"Stella, ya don't know everythin dere is ta know bout me OK? Betcha didn't know I first had sex, with a man, before we were married," Stella once again reverted back to the slackened look, "didn't fink so,"

 

"Who?" she demanded.

 

"Dat ain't important is it?"

 

"What happened to your face?" she changed the subject, indicating to the now faded yellowing bruise on his lover's cheek.

 

"Walked into a door." Stan replied nonplussed. Stella cast an assessing glance to Ray, confirming her suspicions in his guilty aura.

 

"A door called Ray?" she asked almost sweetly, but they both stiffened at the underlying maliciousness.

 

"No actually a door called Hubert, quiet a pleasant door as they go, good hinges," Stan sarcastically spat back.

 

"You're so pathetic," she hissed nastily back at his lover, "you're like a stupid little puppy who gets kicked and then comes running back for more, maybe you like it, perhaps that is your sick idea of foreplay in this disgusting, so-called relationship," Ray, tightening his hold on his lover, expecting a violent outburst was surprised when his partner calmly answered.

 

"At least he stopped before I had to take a trip to hospital." This time it was Ray who had to use a lot of effort not to yell and scream at this woman, how dare she treat Stan that way? Ray stilled as he realised that he was no better than Stella when it came to abusing Stan, although he hadn't caused any real physical damage, he knew he had hurt his lover badly.

 

Stella at least had the decency to look contrite. She actually blushed in embarrassment at being reminded of a night she had obviously tried to forget. The embarrassment quickly turned to anger as she pulled herself up to her full height, a clearly defensive posture.

 

"And just how do you suppose he is going to give you the children you were so desperate to have?" she practically screeched at them. Ray felt himself freeze, he remembered Stella used to whine about Stan's insistence for children; it had ended their marriage. There was no way he could give Stan children, it was utterly, anatomically impossible. The very thought of it was almost comical.

 

Almost.

 

He couldn't lose Stan, not over children, but more than anything he wanted Stan to be happy, if that meant letting him leave him for Stella, and children, then that is what he would do. He slackened his hold on his lover, being less possessive, making it easier for Stan to make up his mind. Stan sensing the change instantly bristled,

 

"I thought I needed kids Stell, someone who would actually love me for who I was, not what you wanted me to be, Ray does that anyway, Ray loves me for me." Ray remained quiet. Inordinately pleased that Stan would stay with him, was willing to sacrifice so much for him.

 

"Your parents are not going to be pleased," Stella, promised sinisterly.

 

"I think you'd better leave," Stan dismissed turning away from her and planting a soppy kiss directly on Ray's lips. "You make me sick," she hissed from behind them as she quickly fled form the apartment.

 

0o0o0

 

Later, that evening Stan led, curled up next to Ray, neither of them had mentioned the run-in with the Stella. Ray was pleased that they had not hear from Stan's parents yet, perhaps Stella had not gone through with her threat. Ray looked down into Stan's eyes and saw the love reflected in them.

 

"I'm sorry," Ray whispered.

 

"S'okay," Stan replied, knowing instantly what he was referring to, "bound to happen sometime."

 

"I've cost you your family." Ray stated dejectedly, worried that Stan would end up resenting him for it later.

 

"Yer all the family I need," promised Stan as he snuggled up closer to Ray's warmth.

 

Ray wished he could believe him.

 

Finis.