The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Benny!

Number of comments: 2

(post new comment)
From: RayV fan
Date: 07/27/2017
I read this again after reading it years ago, and I never realized how awful Kowalski is in the story. His jealousy toward Ray Vecchio is terrible, and I will never understand why F/K shippers insist that Fraser is attracted to Kowalski and wants Kowalski as a romantic partner. It's really not in character for Fraser to want to be with him after he called his dear friend Ray Vecchio a "creep." But your Fraser is also very, very OOC when he thinks he can't be friends with both Ray Vecchio AND Kowalski, without making Kowalski his lover - and again, why would he want to be with someone as awful as Kowalski as a lover or even a friend? Fraser has his friendship with RayV. That should be enough.

From: tortiecat
Date: 08/11/2011
This is a wonderful story that really shows how much Fraser loves and cares for both Rays - not just the Ray for whom he has romantic feelings. I like to believe that Fraser's heart is big enough to still love Ray Vecchio very much even if Ray Kowalski is his romantic partner, and I like the very realistic way that Fraser and Ray Kowalski admitted their feelings to each other. Based on what I've seen in the series, I can't agree that Fraser and RayK were a romantic couple during the series; they just don't seem like close friends. But anything could happen after "COTW."

It's also great to see RayV NOT paired with Stella (sorry, but I can't stand her and think she would make all of our guys unhappy!), and for Fraser to be happy to return to Chicago, because he knows that RayV needs him and wants to still have a close relationship with him. I like to think that Chicago becomes "home" to Fraser because he has an adopted family there - the Vecchios.

(post new comment)