Disclaimers: Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.....

Notes: I got bored at work again and wrote this little snippet up.

Summary: Fraser can't concentrate at work when he thinks about Ray.

Author's website: http://home.att.net/~lojojan

Damn the Paperwork

by: Lori J

I am extremely distracted today. I cannot make myself concentrate on mundane paperwork. Instead, I keep thinking back to last night. And Ray. I cannot stop thinking about Ray.

Ray with his pale golden skin, glistening with sweat.

Ray's eyes dark with passion. His lips, swollen from kissing...

No. I must not think like this at the consulate.

Unfortunately, my self-admonishment comes too late as I am already aroused. Good thing that guard duty fell to Turnbull today. It would not do to be standing guard with an erection.

My mind is stubborn though, and insists on recalling how soft Ray's skin felt, what he tasted like. How he felt pinned underneath my body, impaled on my cock. His voice whispering 'love you frase, love you.'

How can I be expected to work when I have such a man as my lover? This wild, unpredictable, exciting, enticing man that says he loves me. Loves *me*, Benton Fraser.

Ray *loves* me.

Strange to be loved again. Strange to be loved at all.

After Victoria, I hardened my heart, built a wall around it. A wall of ice that was impenetrable. I made damn sure that no one would ever get in. I'm very good at pushing people away, almost an expert.

But when Ray embraced me that first day, a crack appeared. That crack widened further when he stepped in front of a bullet to save my life. Slowly, slowly, the ice melted. By the time Ray and I proved Beth Botrelle's innocence, the wall was gone. When he broke down and cried in the car, I cried with him. In my heart, I cried with him.

It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would.

That was the beginning. I drove Ray home and half-carried him up to his apartment. He was exhausted, physically and emotionally. He let me undress him and I felt as though I was undressing a doll; a priceless, breakable doll. In a way, I was.

I tucked Ray in as though he was a child, smoothing the unruly spikes back. He looked up at me with eyes red-rimmed from crying and asked me to stay. Asked me to stay and hold him through the night. And so I did.

There is very little that I can refuse Ray.

That night, as I held him close to me, I realized I loved this man more than life itself. I fell asleep and woke to a kiss like the proverbial sleeping beauty. My eyes opened to find Ray leaning over me, pressing a kiss to my lips.

That was the beginning. I hope it never ends.

Damn the paperwork, I can do it tomorrow. Smiling to myself, I thank Ray's 'I don't do paperwork' attitudefor influencing me. The Inspector looks shocked when I inform her that I am leaving for the day. She can't really argue; I have too many days leave accumulated. I need to see Ray, need to see my love.

Ray is surprised to see me. I had told him that I would not be able to make it to the precinct today. I love his smile, it lights up his entire face. This smile is nothing compared to the special one he saves for me and me only.

I lean over and whisper in his ear. He is quick to rise from his seat. Ray walks over to Francesca, mumbles something to her about interviewing a suspect, and we leave posthaste. She gives me a knowing smile as we pass by. I return the smile, glad that Francesca and I are friends.

Ray, who has been walking slightly ahead of me, stops suddenly and turns around. The look in his eyes tell me that this will be an interesting afternoon.

Much better than doing paperwork