Phone Tag

by Hel Virago

Disclaimer: I own the ambassador and the header of Jack Huey's stationery. But no other characters.

Author's Notes: ds_flashfiction, baby, yeah!

Story Notes: Written for the "Documentation" challenge.


TO: Ray
M: Frase
CALLED
RE: Dief

Real sorry about Dief. How much $ to fix? In mtgs w/ bulging ambssdr all day.

-Francesca


TO: Constable Benton Fraser
M: Detective Raymond Vecchio (blond) CALLED
RETURNED YOUR CALL
PLEASE CALL
RE: Diefenbaker

Detective Vecchio wished me to forward the following two (2) inquiries, firstly "Dief or carpet?" and second "Belgium or Bulgaria?"

He also wished to inform you that he will be away from his desk a great deal due to some bucolic bulls (I may have misheard, but was unable to question Det. Vecchio as he had already disconnected).

-Constable Renfield Turnbull


From the desk of Detective Jack Huey
Vecchio,

Fraser called. He gets that you're upset and he's real sorry. The wolf's real sorry too -- Fraser won't bring him to your place anymore. He's off donuts.(1) He(2) wants you to reconsider, it won't happen again.

-Jack
(1) The wolf (2)Fraser


From the desk of Detective Jack Huey
Vecchio,

He said something about waffles, too.
Also, when you're back from HR the Lieu. wants you.


TO: Constable Benton Fraser
M: Detective Raymond Vecchio (the same Detective Vecchio who called earlier today)
CALLED
RETURNED YOUR CALL
PLEASE CALL
RE: Diefenbaker

Detective Vecchio was confused by your most recent phone message and would like clarification as to "[w]hat ... [you were] talking about".

-Constable Renfield Turnbull


TO: Ray
M: Frase CALLED
RE: incident

Dief v. sorry. Frase v. sorry. No more pumpkn donuts. How much $?

-F.V.


TO: Cst Fraser
M: Det. Vecchio
RE:

Forget carpet; mad not abt carpet but timing. What waffles? Get a newspaper for the ambassador. There should be a place in Evanston.

-Insp. MT


Inspector Thatcher,

I'm afraid I don't understand the question about waffles. Also, what sort of newspaper would the Ambassador like?

-Benton Fraser


The Canadian Consulate
Consulat du Canada
BF-

Waffles --> detective.
Something from Belgium!

-MT


TO: Vecchio
M: Fraser
RE: Canadian food

The Constable had a question about timing, and another about waffles.

Also, if you can tear the time away from the waffles, I need that form.

-Welsh


TO: Constable Benton Fraser
M: Ms. Francesca Vecchio
CALLED
RE: Detective Raymond Vecchio Ms. Vecchio relays that Detective Vecchio was confused by your most recent message.

-Constable Renfield Turnbull


TO: Ray Vecchio
M: Fraser
RETURNED YOUR CALL
Re:

"What timing? What waffles?"

This isn't my job, Ray. Why don't we have voice mail?

-Elaine


TO: Constable Benton Fraser
M: Detective Raymond Vecchio (as previously) CALLED
RETURNED YOUR CALL
PLEASE CALL
RE: Your call

Detective Vecchio called to reply to your most recent message. He wished me to convey that you were the first to mention waffles and that he is quite confused as to why you might wish to discuss "breakfast pasties."

He also wished to clarify his most recent message in that (cont.)

-Constable Renfield Turnbull


TO: Constable Benton Fraser
M: Detective Raymond Vecchio (as above) CALLED
RETURNED YOUR CALL
PLEASE CALL
RE: (See above)

(Continued from previous message) he was under the impression you had been intending to convey information about water rescue techniques prior to the incident. (I offered to answer his questions, but he seemed adamant about speaking with you. Please assure the detective that I am well-trained in water safety.)

-Constable Renfield Turnbull


TO: Ray
M: Guess
RE: water

F says: you were looking forward to lesson?

I thought you didn't like school. If it's something I can help him with, let me know. And stop getting me in trouble with Elaine for taking a small break, okay?

-Francesca


TO: F
M: Vecchio
RE:

"Very much so, yes."
Don't let Turnbull talk to ambassador!!!

-Insp. MT


TO: Vecchio
M: Canada
RE:

Many rescue methods to demon. Tonite conven.? (Vecchio, have you considered getting a life? Seriously.)

-Dewey


TO: Constable Benton Fraser
M: Vec'eau
RE:

Il a dit: "Leave deef home."


End Phone Tag by Hel Virago: lorelei_fic@hotmail.com

Author and story notes above.