The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Drifting

Number of comments: 2

(post new comment)
From: Mae
Date: 07/30/2009
Ooooooh, hot. Yes.

The sex was awesome, thank you. I want a cigarette after, but, alas, I'm fresh out...

I don't think I've ever seen a fic where the bottom told the top to make him beg, which was a wonderful change. I'm not fond of the business of the top making the psuedo-unwilling bottom beg, but this was sexy.

I really enjoyed the concept of emotional numbness creating a kind of physical distance, even from oneself. I also enjoyed the emotional urgency of it, the way Fraser could only say Ray's name on the phone. I had never really thought of the life-or-death pressure of living in the high north. I always want to think of it as a quiet, slow place, and this was a fun interlude from that school of thought. The slow revelation of information helped build delicious tension, and the sex was very well-written, which is unusual.

Thank you for sharing it.

From: Annie (annofmidnight@mac.com)
Date: 09/21/2005
I've read this story about 5 times now (3 at work!) and I have to say I think it is my favorite. Other than it being extremely hot, it seems very plausible. Great writing. Thank you.
(post new comment)