The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on B&R: The Epilogue

Number of comments: 5

(post new comment)
From: Mystic
Date: 11/25/2012
What an amazing story. No wonder it came so highly recommended. A true rollercoster that reflects life with all it's joyes and saddness. Thank you for sharing it. Only other side notes for the series is there were a lot of minor inconsistancies and one or two chapters where you simply switched Kowalski for Vecchio...sorry, they realy are not tradable characters and those two stories didn't work for me. But over all, still give you an A+ for such a great read. Would have loved to know more about Darby. Again, great read, thank you so much for such hard work and sharing.

From: Nina
Date: 06/16/2008


I still can't agree with your portrayal of Ray, since there is very little in canon on the series to suggest that he is violent and an alcoholic and is capable of cheating on someone he loves dearly and committing a crime. When I view him in the series, I see someone who is a devoted and loving friend, brother and son, and who is extremely determined to be a good police officer (especially after he receives Benny's influence) and become the exact opposite of what his father was. (Even if the series never directly stated that Ray's father was an alcoholic, it's obvious that he was a terrible father, and it's strongly implied that he was violent toward Ray.)

I would be shocked if Ray had hit Benny in the series canon, so it's hard to accept him as a violent person toward Benny in your series. I also can't agree entirely with your portrayal of Benny - he's too self-absorbed and selfish at times toward Ray, which is also very much against canon. And I still wish you would have completely ignored the characters from the later seasons of the TV series and not included them in your series.

But I loved the last chapter and the epilogue of your series - they were very sweet and as wonderful as the first 83 chapters (up to Carie's birth). I would have ended the series after chapter 83.
From: Sonya Hogg
Date: 06/13/2008
Hi

I would just like to let you know how I have enjoyed this whole series, I am always looking forward to the next part.

Great series, congratulations.

Regards

Sonya
From: winter
Date: 06/13/2008
And we've finally come to the end.... I have to admit that i'm really sad to see this go. I loved the ups and down, sat on the edge of my seat through alot of chapters and checked my computer obsessively in case i missed an update.

I love the ending it was bitter sweet. Mainly because they died, but at least they were together, and i loved that they had another child and that Caroline got a chance to read her father's journals and got to know him in a way that she never quiet managed in life.

I hope you do another series soon, and i take my hat off too you, this was a great series.
From: Dolores Steele
Date: 06/12/2008
Thank you Dee. I did so enjoy it from beginning to end. By the way, your ending was beautiful. Thanks again.

Dolores
(post new comment)