The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on B&R86: Call Ray Vecchio

Number of comments: 1

(post new comment)
From: RVlover
Date: 12/23/2009
Wow - Benny isn't a very good husband, is he? If my husband was going to his checkup with his cancer specialist after going into remission, I'd want to go to the doctor's office with him, knowing that he was probably scared that his cancer could return. I guess Benny forgot what he vowed to do after Ray was first hospitalized for his cancer - give Ray his undivided attention when Ray wants it.

I have a few problems with your series - namely, I can't see Ray as violent and an alcoholic. In canon, he's obviously trying very hard to NOT be like his father, and he isn't shown drinking very much. So I would think he'd be careful to avoid alcohol, knowing that alcholism runs in families (although in "Sophia's Baby," we learned that your RayV couldn't have inherited Mr. Vecchio's alcholism).

I also think that Benny and Ray have enough angst in their daily lives through their work, and through being a gay couple, so I wish you would have cut out the angst and troubled relationship between them and made their relationship a loving, supportive one. To me, it's not boring to read about a wonderful marriage/relationship that is free from conflict between the spouses - I'm lucky enough to have a marriage like that!

(post new comment)