The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on B&R110: The Note

Number of comments: 1

(post new comment)

From: Nina
Date: 04/13/2008
I really hate what you've done to this series! You've done character assassination on both Ray and Ben. You would think that, after surviving cancer and having therapy, that Ray would be mentally healthy, absolutely devoted to Benny and NOT cheat on him with anyone (particularly not with the vile creature Stella), and realize that his and Benny's love is strong enough to see them through anything - include parenthood and gay bashing (or worse). And you would think that, after helping Ray through cancer, Ben would make him more of a priority, and not ignore him in favor of their child, his career, school, etc.

And doesn't Ray have a therapist? Why didn't he call him when he was falling off the wagon, or why wasn't Ben attentive enough (as he vowed to be when Ray first got cancer) to insist that Ray talk to him and see the therapist?

What has happened in this series since Carie was born simply doesn't make sense to me. Ray wanted to be a father very much, so he would NOT be an unattentive father. And after going through therapy, he would probably address Benny's unattentiveness toward him directly so they could solve the problem right away, instead of letting it fester for years.

I think you changed the course of the series from great love between Ray and Benny (one that survived despite multiple obstacles) to a troubled relationship just so you could include Stella in the story. Please dump her and Stan Kowalski - the series would be much better if they weren't in it.

(post new comment)

If you have problems using this form, please contact the archivist at exwood@hexwood.com.

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.3.