The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on More Things In Heaven And Earth

Number of comments: 7

(post new comment)
From: Rose
Date: 03/29/2012
Wow! This is a fabulous story, with such touching scenes and sad, sad, wonderful Ray K. You had me in tears but I laughed at th end with Ray complaining about Fraser's sawing all night. It then struck me that sawing is snoring...loved it!

From: slashslut
Date: 07/23/2007
this was bitter sweet; im so glad it had a happy ending:)
From: BK
Date: 07/23/2007
Good scope and a "totally new front" for an AU (so many AUs remind you of other AUs--this one doesn't). All in all, a good satisfying read, and it could have even been longer. Only one tiny quibble, and it's my usual one: a few Britishisms stood out ("torch" instead of flashlight, for example). Nothing that hurt the story, though.
From: MonicaPDX
Date: 07/21/2007
I *like* this. Neat concept, very well worked out. And heckuva lot of fun! [g] Enjoyed it all, but one bit I specially loved was, of course, Ray seeing Bob. ;) That had me giggling.

Great story, and I'm with the others - yeah, would really like to see more!
From: skl
Date: 07/20/2007
This story is great. Any sequels possible?
From: Phenyx
Date: 07/20/2007
That was wonderful. I love a warm fuzzy happy ending. And was that a Dead Zone reference I saw in Ray's choice of psuedoname?

As I was debating what I was going to say in this comment, a scrolled back to the title page and actually bothered to read the author name. Immediately I thought "Oh well yeah. Berty wrote it. Of course it's good." You're one of my favorite writers. Love it, love it, love it. I hope to see more.

Phenyx
From: katherine
Date: 07/20/2007
You have got to write a sequel to this. The whole story was just amazing. Great idea for an AU. And I really would enjoy more.

I think my favorite part is how inarticulate Ray could be at times, and yet still so clear to Fraser. That was cool.

And I loved the reasoning you gave for why Ray and Stella got divorced. That was so perfect.

Also liked how you explained why Ray wasn't a cop any more. Very nice. Logical.

Katherine
(post new comment)