The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on December

Number of comments: 13

(post new comment)
From: dsfan
Date: 12/04/2013
Kowalski is so immature in this story. If you were trying to make him sympathetic or likeable, then you've really failed. I can't stand him in this story. At least RayV makes up for him by being a wonderful, understanding friend to Benny, and bringing December into his family because the child will need more family than two gay guys, including female role models. And RayV treats Kowalski much better than Kowalski treats him.

From: Nancy
Date: 11/01/2010


December is adorable as a young child, and is a lovely young woman, so I'm glad you included the prologue before the flashback to 20 years old earlier.

I don't however, like the RayV-RayK arguing. It has been DONE TO DEATH! There is absolutely no reason for RayK to be so stupidly jealous of RayV and RayV's relationship with Stella, or RayV's friendship with Benny, which is much stronger than RayK's relationship with Fraser will probably ever be, even if they are lovers.

You can be lovers without being best friends, and RayK really isn't that great of a friend to Fraser in your story - so thank goodness Fraser has RayV, who just wants the best for him and doesn't want him to hurt, so doesn't criticize him for not wanting December at first.

Please, fandom - no more with the RayK-RayV arguing and hating each other! I think that if the series had continued for a fifth season, the Rays would have ended up working together and would definitely have become good friends.

From: vicki
Date: 02/28/2009
Wow i love this story it's sad and sweet. I love the slow build up to it. The pre story as it were and then going back in time to tell how it came about. I really like how you wrote Ben and Ray K. Please you have to write how they are now i'd love to see more of this story i was left wanting more and more. Really, really great work. Thank you ever so much for sharing it with us :)

From: xela
Date: 12/15/2008
Wonderful! I really, really loved this. Especially Ray's quips about his heterosexuality. Wonderful!
From: storyscriber
Date: 01/18/2007
For a first try, you came out of the gate like gang-busters! Absolutely wonderful read. I especially like Ray finally relaizing that he is in love with Fraser. I look forward to reading more from you.
From: Dolores Steele
Date: 12/19/2006
I loved the story. Would like to learn more about December's life with her Daddy and Papa.
From: bk
Date: 11/29/2006
Good story, and it wasn't too long. In fact, it really should've been a little longer: after you included the prologue, which wasn't strictly necessary, but was really interesting and worthwhile on its own, you really should've returned at least briefly to it. Just to tie up the story neatly, if nothing else, since it was framed as a story being told.
From: Renee
Date: 11/26/2006
Hey, This was great!!!! Feel free to do a sequel. Really sweet and great. I was wondering how you were going to get them together since neither seemed to be headed there. But you got it to make since perfectly and in character. And yes I like kid fic too. Great first story!!
From: Trish
Date: 11/26/2006
Do not apologize for your verbosity. It was essential to the story you wrote. Your characterizations were spot on and your story was very well crafted. I look forward to more in this AU. Hell, to anything you're willing to grace us readers with.
From: AmiGordon
Date: 11/26/2006
Amazing story. Really, it was just fantastic and I sincerely hope that you will write more in this universe.
From: llassah
Date: 11/26/2006
Lovely. Just beautiful- you have a really fresh style- not too wordy at all. All in character and sweet, and December both young and older was an intriguing character. I can't wait to read more from you!
From: Nadine
Date: 11/26/2006
Lovely. I liked Ray and Fraser, and December of course. But I also like your portrayals of Ray Vecchio and Stella. RV especially seemed in character to me, not hard-hearted toward December, but trying to protect Fraser from Victoria.

Hope you'll want to write more.
From: Margeaux
Date: 11/25/2006
I liked this story very much. Please do not apologize for your verbosity, I think it was necessary to convey the feeling behind Ray and Fraser's relationship, especially with December. It was nice to read such a moving fic when most these days are a race to the sex. I believe the passionate ending is more satisfying after a meandering journey, which you have achieved so well. Thank you for sharing this story.
(post new comment)