The Due South Fiction Archive Entry

 

Look Inside


by
silvina

Disclaimer: Standard Disclaimer. This is what happens when you've been listening to a whole lot of love songs, especially anything by Jim Brickman. I need a life. Anyone got one for sale cheap? Please send comments, questions, compliments, and otters to sdelcul@yahoo.com.


"I love you."

He said it often. And why not? It was true, and there was just something endearing about the way Benny blushed whenever he did.

The reply was always there in his blue eyes, but Ray understood that he wasn't ready to say it out loud yet. He didn't really care, anyway. It was refreshing for him to feel it and say it and say it often. He sometimes felt like he was making up for every time Benny hadn't heard it.

Ray didn't need to hear it; he knew it. He did need to say it, and Benny needed to hear it. So once again their biggest differences had become part of how they worked so well together. The things they had in common, a deep need to protect and love, also brought them closer.

Ray smiled as Fraser looked up and blushed. The simple things just are.



The thunder and the rain
The way you say my name
After all the clouds go by
The simple things remain
The sun, the moon, the stars
The beating of two hearts
How I love the simple things
The simple things just are
Jim Brickman, "Simple things"

 

End Look Inside by silvina

Author and story notes above.

Please post a comment on this story.