The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Long Journey Home 8

Number of comments: 8

(post new comment)
From: Vicki
Date: 12/29/2008
Love this story please continue it i beg ya


From: Deanna
Date: 11/17/2005
Love love this story I hope you will be writing another part soon.
From: Jenny
Date: 06/08/2005
Wow, this is just great. A huge emotional punch, with just enough tenderness to see us through. I hope you're working on the next installment. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.
From: jazzy
Date: 02/16/2005
Absolutely find this story to be a wonderul tale it has wonderful characterization the tone of the story and the voice is so Ray K. and even have Fraser's voice down pretty good. So I hope that you will get to the rest of the story soon.

It's very exciting and it causes emotions to run high. Loving it a lot.
From: Maxine Mayer (maxmayer2@juno.com)
Date: 02/02/2005
Just came upon this story at Part 8 and "ran" back to read the first 7 parts before finishing Part 8 - it's wonderful.

The voices of RayK, RayV and Fraser are absolutely true to the characters as seen in the series. What "happened" at the end of the quest; RayK's interpretation of Fraser's feelings; Fraser's stoic inability to "want" what he wants/needs; RayK and RayV's behavior in the hospital; the RCMP's inevitable waiting for Dief to return - basically, everything in the story is brilliantly conceived and executed.

Of course, the line about the snow as known to "white people" as opposed to the infinite variety of snow as known to Inuits, is a wonderful insight....

Thanks for sharing your work with me! I hope you post more of this one very soon!
From: Cider
Date: 01/31/2005
I am really enjoying this series - despite the fact that you keep making me cry. Dief huddled under the house just broke me. I can't wait for the next part.
From: Springwoof
Date: 01/30/2005
Sob! Poor Dief! You made me cry. The detail of the pathetic plate of donuts waiting for him at the station was great. All these great details--the snot, the notebook, Ray eating oatmeal & pemmican--make the story very vivid. This is wonderful stuff, keep going!

You keep breaking my heart with this story. Don't keep us waiting too long for the next installment!
From: modueser (dmkalex@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/29/2005
Really liking this series. Looking forward to the next installment.
(post new comment)