Sacrifice

by silvina

Disclaimer: Standard Disclaimer. The muse has a whip. Watch out. Borrows greatly from ¨White Flag¨ by Dido. Please send comments, questions, compliments, and otters to sdelcul@yahoo.com.

Author's Notes: I apologize for the list overload, but please bear with me (feel free to send angry emails and fling inanimate objects) until I catch up. Keep in mind that internet is a two hour bus ride away at the moment and I have to boil my water before it's safe to drink. Gotta love rural Ecuador!

Story Notes:


The last time I saw you, you were still in the hospital. I worried for you so much. I know that you think I shouldn't still love you or tell you that, but I can't help it. Besides, if I didn't say it, I'd still have felt it, and where's the sense in that?

I know you're married to Stella now, and I promise that I'm not trying to make your life harder or return to where we were. I know I left too much mess and destruction to come back again. I understand if you can't talk to me again. I don't deserve it anyway. I know I've cause you nothing but trouble.

And if we meet again, which I'm sure we will, all I won't say will be there still. I'll let it pass, and hold my tongue until you're gone. And you will think that I've moved on, but I will always love you, Ray. Even if you don't love me anymore.


As soon as I seal the envelope I hold it to the fire. It burns easily, and in less than a minute everything I can't say to Ray is a small pile of ashes. Soon even that's gone as the arctic breeze sweeps even that reminder away. Ray deserves his happiness, and I will protect that happiness by giving up my own. I can go down with this ship, and be content with the company of Ray Kowalski. What else can I do?


End Sacrifice by silvina: sdelcul@yahoo.com

Author and story notes above.