The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on By Any Other Name

Number of comments: 1

(post new comment)
From: dsfriendshipper
Date: 03/22/2012
You really don't like Ray Vecchio very much, do you? :-( There's really no reason to run RayV down, or to make his friendship with Fraser less close than it is, to make the case for Fraser's friendship, or more, with Ray Kowalski.

I find it unbelieveable that Fraser would dislike being called "Benny" by someone who sincerely cares about him and, yes, loves him (not necessarily romantically) - and often gives nicknames to those whom he loves as endearments. Where do you think "Frannie" came from? It's probably a nickname RayV gave to his much-loved sister.

Fraser seems like a total a**hole in your story when he speaks about RayV. He's very impersonal, and that's very much against canon. Did you watch the first two seasons?

And it's not believeable that RayV would have a bad record and still be picked for the FBI job - so RayV doesn't "need" the letter of commendation that RayK received. That's just common sense. Again, if you'd watched the first two seasons, you'd know that RayV greatly improved in his job, partially due to Fraser's encouragement and influence. I really wish F/K shippers would do their homework and not write everything totally against canon.

(post new comment)