The Black Bottle: The Morning After

by Vikster


Warnings:

This story is a companion piece to a PWP called "The Black Bottle." You should probably read that story before reading this one.

M/M and rated R.

Disclaimer:

Please see Owlet's Disclaimer Page.


 

It was 6:00 a.m. when Francesca parked her car in front of the Vecchio home. She felt a little guilty about abandoning her drunken mother and an equally drunken Mountie to the care of her brother. Yesterday, she called Ray at work and demanded that he come home to take care of the situation. When he arrived, she fled and spent the day shopping and the night at a friend’s house.

 

Francesca opened the front door, took off her coat, and crept past the living room toward the coat closet in the hallway. She stopped when she saw the physical manifestation of her every dream and fantasy. Benton Fraser, his hair mussed and an afghan pulled up to his neck, was sleeping peacefully on her family’s sofa.

 

She walked towards the sofa and knelt down next to the sleeping man. "You are so handsome, like a prince," she whispered as she studied his peaceful face. "Prince. Mountie. What’s the difference. Let’s see if it works in reverse." She stroked the Mountie’s face and then leaned over and kissed him gently on the lips.

 

He moaned and licked his lips but did not wake up.

 

"I don’t remember the prince having this much trouble waking the princess. Let’s try this the 90’s way." She leaned over and kissed him again. This time she deepened the kiss and pried his mouth open with her tongue. She tasted his lips and his tongue and moaned as she felt a familiar tightness in her stomach. She lifted her head and sighed. "I could get used to this," she whispered as she stroked his chest.

 

The sleeping man licked his lips again and sighed. "I love you," he murmured.

 

Francesca continued her gentle strokes as her heart soared. Is it possible that the Mountie loves *me*?

 

"I love you, Ray." Fraser whispered in his sleep.

 

Francesca removed her hand from the Mountie’s chest as if she had been burned. Her mind was not able to process what she just heard but her heart reacted on instinct. She lifted her hand, enclosed her fingers into a fist and punched Fraser in the chest. He sputtered in shock, upending the coffee table and knocking Francesca onto the floor. He rolled off of the sofa and landed on top of Ray’s sister.

 

Ray, startled out of a restful sleep, leapt out of bed when he heard crashing sounds downstairs. He flung open his bedroom door and ran downstairs, gun in hand and Diefenbaker in tow. "Don’t move. I’ve got a gun." He shouted as he stormed into the living room. He stopped short when he saw Fraser straddling his sister on the floor next to the sofa. "Benny? Frannie? What the hell is going on here?" he shouted as he flipped the safety on his gun and placed it on the table in the hallway.

 

"I’d like to know the answer to that question myself." Francesca growled at Ray. "Get off me you two-timing son of a bitch." She yelled and rolled the Mountie onto his back. "How dare you!"

 

Ray walked over and extended his hand to his sister. She took it, stood up and then slapped Ray across the face. "And you, you bastard. You stole my man."

 

Diefenbaker stood between the siblings and growled at the woman.

 

"You want to tell me what the hell is going on or do I let the wolf eat you for breakfast?" Ray asked. Diefenbaker growled to reinforce his question.

 

Ray’s quiet voice would have frightened even the most hardened criminal but Frannie was a Vecchio and not that easily intimidated. "Don’t use that tone of voice with me. You know exactly what you’ve done." She stabbed him in the chest with her index finger as she spoke. Dief growled in warning. "And you! Shut up!" she looked down to shout at the wolf. Dief whined and stood behind the cop.

 

Mrs. Vecchio woke to the sounds of her children arguing and the wolf growling. She cursed and ran down the stairs.

 

"I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about."

 

"You two timing son of a bitch."

 

"Oh dear."

 

"Whine Bark. Bark."

 

"Silence!" Sylvia Vecchio shouted as she walked into the living room. Ray and Frannie backed away from each other and faced their mother. Diefenbaker hid behind the overturned coffee table. Fraser sat up; he was definitely not well enough to stand. "What is the meaning of all this arguing, and in front of Benton." She glared at her children.

 

Ray gulped and looked down at the floor. "Sorry for waking you, Ma. I heard a noise and came down to see Frannie and Benny on the floor." He looked at Fraser; the Mountie averted his eyes to stare at a spot on the carpet. Ray sighed and continued. "Suddenly Frannie started screaming and yelling like a crazy woman."

 

Mrs. Vecchio raised her hand to silence her son and looked at her daughter. "Francesca?" she said simply.

 

Frannie blushed and stammered. "He stole the man I love."

 

Ray looked at Frannie, his eyes bulging in astonishment. "What the hell are you talking about?"

 

Mrs. Vecchio glanced over at Fraser who looked like he wanted to crawl under the carpet. "I think that explanation can wait." She straightened her shoulders and sighed deeply. "Francesca, go to the kitchen and make us some coffee. Raymondo take Benton upstairs and help him get cleaned up." She turned and walked into the hallway. "Diefenbaker!" She yelled as she walked into the kitchen. The wolf barked once and then ran after her. Frannie stomped her foot but knew better than to disobey her mother. She followed the woman and the wolf into the kitchen.

 

Ray watched the woman leave the room and then looked down at his friend and smiled. "You need a hand standing up Fraz?"

 

Fraser sighed and looked up at the cop. "In a moment Ray. I feel a bit unwell."

 

"Yeah I bet. Here. I’ll help you upstairs." The Mountie took Ray’s hand and let his friend pull him to his feet. Ray put his arm around Fraser’s waist and helped him up the stairs and into the bathroom. "I’ll get you something to change into. There are some clean towels in the closet."

 

"Thank you Ray," Fraser said quietly as he walked into the bathroom.

 

Ray rummaged through his closet and took out his CPD sweats and knocked on the bathroom door. "Okay if I come in?"

 

"Yes."

 

Ray opened the door to see Fraser sitting on the side of the bathtub, his head resting in his hands. He walked over to the medicine cabinet and handed Fraser a pink bottle. "This’ll make you feel better."

 

Fraser looked at Ray and then took the pink bottle. "What is it?"

 

"Pepto Bismol. It’ll take care of your stomach and your head." Ray sat down next to his friend.

 

The Mountie studied the label for a moment and then shrugged his shoulders. He took the cap off of the bottle, poured the appropriate amount of liquid into the cap and gulped it down. "This is awful."

 

"Yeah, but it will make you feel better. You should probably take another dose." Ray said quietly as he squeezed his friend’s arm. "What happened down there Benny?"

 

Fraser gulped down another dose of the liquid and then grimaced. "I don’t know what’s worse. The stuff you gave me to drink last night or this."

 

"Don’t knock it Benny. You’d be a very sick and miserable man without my noxious potions." He took the bottle from his friend and placed it on the floor. "Anyway, stop dodging the question. What were you and Frannie doing on the floor?"

 

"I honestly couldn’t say. I was asleep on the sofa. For some reason, your sister punched me." He rubbed his chest and looked into his friend’s eyes. "She startled me. I knocked her on the floor and then fell on top of her."

 

"Why’d she punch you?"

 

Fraser shook his head. "I’m not certain. I think she kissed me, although I could have been dreaming." He blushed and looked down at the floor.

 

Ray smiled and nudged his shoulder against Fraser. "Oh? What were you dreaming about?"

 

Fraser tensed and turned an even brighter shade of red. Ray grabbed his friend’s arm before he could stand up. "Benny, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. You don’t have to answer." He sat quietly for a moment and then handed Fraser the sweat suit. "Here. Take a shower and then come down for some coffee. There should be breakfast if you’re up to it." Ray stood to leave.

 

Fraser watched his friend walk towards the door. He loved this man and hoped that Mrs Vecchio was correct in thinking that Ray was in love with him. His stomach knotted in fear as he called to his friend. "Ray?"

 

Ray turned to see both fear and excitement flash across his best friend’s eyes. He knelt down in front of the Mountie and reached over to rest his hand on his shoulder. "Talk to me Benny."

 

Fraser sat quietly looking at the floor for several moments. "I was dreaming about you," he finally answered.

 

"What was I doing, jumping in dumpsters or something?" Ray asked jokingly, offering his friend a way out if he needed it.

 

"No Ray." He looked down at the floor and sighed. He looked at Ray and smiled shyly. "I was kissing you."

 

Ray slowly moved his hand from Fraser’s shoulder to cup the back of his neck. He squeezed gently and smiled. "Kissing huh. What was I doing?"

 

"You were kissing me back. You were moaning."

 

Ray chuckled. "Moaning's a good thing." He watched his friend for a moment. "Kinda like this Benny?" He pressed his lips to the Mountie’s cheek.

 

Fraser’s eyes brightened. "Ah, not quite Ray."

 

"Oh. You mean like this then." Ray cupped his other hand in the back of his friend’s neck and pressed his lips against the luscious mouth.

 

Fraser’s body tensed which caused Ray to pull back, afraid that he had misread the situation. The Mountie moaned and in one fluid motion knelt in front of his friend and pushed him onto the floor, turning them so that they were laying side-by-side on the bath mat. "More like this Ray." He said as he pressed his lips against his friend’s mouth. The chaste kissed increased in intensity as he used his tongue to coax entry into Ray’s mouth. Their tongues teased and explored, vying for dominance, and offering worship. Fraser sucked his lover’s tongue into his mouth. Ray moaned in response and ground his hips against his partner’s erection.

 

Both men were consumed by the growing hunger as their tongues tasted and explored and their hips thrust and retreated. Ray grabbed the Mountie’s hips for leverage and crushed himself against his groin. Fraser reached down and stroked the cop’s erection through his silk pajamas. Ray moaned and thrust into that gentle hand. "That’s it lover. Ah, press harder."

 

"Shush Ray, your mother and sister are downstairs." Fraser cautioned and then silenced his friend with a kiss. Ray moaned into his lover’s mouth and then gasped when he felt Fraser’s hand stroke his hardness. The feeling of silk, the gentle caresses and Benny’s tongue in his mouth overwhelmed Ray. His body tensed and he climaxed.

 

Fraser wrapped his arms and legs around the spent body and after a few more thrusts joined his friend, now lover, in completion. He rolled onto his back and, without releasing his hold, pulled the man to rest on top of him. Ray snuggled into the embrace and sighed contentedly.

 

Fraser kissed the top of Ray’s head and caressed his lower back and buttocks. "That was indescribable."

 

Ray lifted his head to look at his lover’s face. "Indescribable good or indescribable bad?"

 

Fraser smiled and kissed the cop’s cheek. "Good. Definitely good."

 

Ray smiled and leaned over to kiss his partner. Their kisses were gentle, almost reverent, as they learned the flavors and sensations of each other’s mouths. Both men were flushed and panting when Ray lifted his head to stare at his lover’s face. "I could get used to this," he said quietly as he lowered his head on Fraser’s chest.

 

Fraser continued to stroke Ray’s back and buttocks as they lay in each other’s arms. "Ray?"

 

Ray lifted his head. "Yeah Benny."

 

"You don’t seem very surprised by any of this. Why?"

 

Ray chuckled and raised himself off of his lover. He sat on the floor and took Fraser’s hand in his. "I’ve loved you for a long time Benny. Besides, you kinda made your intentions very clear last night when you goosed me and then propositioned me." Fraser blushed. Ray lifted Fraser’s hand to his mouth and kissed his palm. "Let me tell you it took all my strength not to take you up on your offer and jump your bones."

 

Fraser broke from Ray’s grasp to caress his lover’s face. "Why didn’t you?"

 

Ray looked almost apologetic and shrugged his shoulders. "I wanted our first time to be special. Anyway, you probably would've just groaned and passed out."

 

Fraser chuckled. "You wanted our first time to be in your family’s bathroom, with your mother and sister downstairs?"

 

Ray looked around the room and then smiled. "Didn’t you know that furry bath mats and porcelain are turn ons for me?"

 

Fraser sat up and kissed his lover’s nose. "It must be one of those Chicago things you keep telling me about."

 

"You’re learning Benny." Ray teased and then grimaced. "I haven’t cum in my pants since high school. It was disgusting then and it’s disgusting now."

 

Fraser smiled and then stood. "I think I’ll take that shower now." He extended his hand to help his lover stand. "I’d love to wash your back but with your mother and sister downstairs..."

 

Ray smiled wistfully as he walked over to the sink to wet a wash cloth. "I’ll change and then bring coffee and breakfast to my room. Join me Benny?"

 

"I’ll hurry."

 

Ray chuckled and turned to leave.

 

"Ray?" The cop turned to face his lover. "I think I remember what I said to make Francesca so angry." Fraser paused for a moment, clearly embarrassed. "I think I called out your name while she was kissing me."

 

Ray paled in shock. "You didn’t!"

 

"I’m so sorry, Ray." Fraser whispered and looked dejectedly at the floor.

 

Ray walked over and wrapped his arms around his friend’s waist. "You know Frannie’s probably going to try to kill me in my sleep. You think I might be able to stay with you for a few days, until she calms down and everything?"

 

Fraser smiled and wiggled his hips against Ray. "I’d like that Ray. I’d like that very much."

 

The End

Feedback welcome. Email me at Vikster@mediaone.net