Match Made In Heaven by Legion
 
 

"I want my man in *now!*" Simon Banks spoke with hard, level, deadly tones. "If this new player can ID him, the risk factor goes way beyond what we agreed to when you brought us in on this case."

Unimpressed, the DEA man straightened his jacket sleeve with a twitch. "There's no reason to believe that the two of them will ever come into contact, and we are far too close to getting to the main man to risk losing our inside contact. Unless you're willing to share with me how your man is getting his info..."

Steely calm, Banks jumped in with, "It doesn't matter as long as it's good, right?"

The agent looked as if he might argue, but it finally sunk in on him that he was walking a thin line with the police captain as it was. "We're keeping a tail on the new guy; if it looks like he's heading the wrong direction, then we'll decide what to do."

"Then? Then!" Rising from behind his desk, Simon put both fists on its top, ready to shred Mr. Perfect Fit's nice, expensive jacket. From behind the agent, Blair signaled wildly, making calm down gestures, and tapping his head significantly. Stuffing his attitude toward the agent into an internal box labeled 'when there are no witnesses,' he visibly calmed himself. Sitting, he pinched under the bridge of his glasses, then glared at the government man in front of him. "All right, we do it your way as long as I feel your people are doing their best to protect my detective. Do I make myself clear?" His last words reflected only a portion of the frustration he felt, but it was enough that the DEA man was quick to agree placatingly.

Barely hiding a smug expression, he strolled out of Simon's office a few minutes later. Banks was on Blair verbally before the door was completely shut. "Give, Sandburg."

"We don't have to get close to Jim to warn him," Blair said earnestly. "All we gotta do is get his attention, first."

"And I take it you have an idea on that."

Wearing his best grin, Blair spread his hands wide and said, "Hey, ideas are why you keep me around, right?"
 
 
 

Three hours later dressed in his rattiest jeans, most worn flannels and coat, and his favorite battered sneaks, Blair deliberately wove a torturous path through the garbage filled alley behind Jim's location. There were no windows in the back of the warehouse, and Blair was counting on the security force giving it only cursory checks. If they did spot him, it was likely they would take him for just another customer for the dealers on every corner this part of town. Likewise, he was counting on Jim taking nothing for granted security wise; he would be scanning the alley regularly with his hearing.

The music coming from his walkman was from the tape he used regularly for his meditations; Jim would recognize it immediately. Whether or not he focused enough to hear the message Blair had recorded under the music remained to be seen. It was enough of a gamble, that if he didn't get some sign from Jim after a reasonable time, he would use his alternative plan. He didn't think either Simon or Jim would like it, which is why he hadn't mentioned it to the captain. He had already made the preparations; no way he was going to leave without warning his partner of the possible danger.
 
 

Rounding the corner, Jim put a brake on his speed, shifted to casual walk, and kept his face blank. Damn! Anderson already had Blair by one arm, dragging him along toward the offices in back of warehouse. He wasn't that much bigger than Blair, but had the hard build of a professional and wasn't being hindered at all by Blair's seeming lack of coordination.

"Chill, man, chill," Blair was slurring, " juss looking for a dry place to crash, y'know?" He stumbled into the man pulling him, latched both hands onto Anderson's jacket. "Or a party." Bumping his hip significantly into his captor, he went on, "We c'have a private party, if y'want." He turned his blue eyes up to peer blearily into gray eyes of the other man.

Hearing Anderson's heartbeat pickup, and seeing the intent once-over the hood gave Blair, Jim decided it was time to announce his presence. "That what set off the alarm?"

Startled, Anderson turned around enough to see Jim, and Jim could practically read his mind as he turned over how Jim was dealing with 'the little fag's offer.' Obviously taking Jim's neutral words and expression as his own cue, he answered. "Yeah, just taking him to medical to 'secure' him for the night."

Blair had turned, too, and Jim saw the panic that whisked across the mobile features before returning to his act. Cursing himself for ever sharing with Blair that particular euphemism for getting rid of unwanted witnesses, Jim made himself shrug carelessly. "Why bother?" He stepped up, running both hands over the smaller body of his friend, as if frisking him. Taking out the strip of LSD tabs he had smelled, he held it up, holding it between his first two fingers for Anderson to see. "He's tripping. Even if he remembers being here, he won't know if it was real or not. Why create a mess to clean up, especially now?"

"Point," Anderson said reluctantly. "Since we're clearing out tonight, anyway. And Roarke doesn't like initiative; he'd probably prefer deciding himself on how to deal with this." Giving Blair another once over, he made his decision and started on toward the offices. "I'll stash him til morning; we can secure him then if we need to."

"Aww, no party," Bair complained, but went along meekly enough with Anderson.

Jim fell in beside them, asking conversationally, "Search him?"

"Yeah, college id, no weapons, unless you want to count a Swiss army knife. In this neighborhood, too."

"Probably gets by on his looks," Jim said blandly.

"Or some big butch leatherman pimping for him."

Only Jim heard the stifled snort, and he dared a glance out of the corner of his eye. Blair saw him, sobered instantly, and whispered for sentinel ears, "Message on the walkman."

Reaching over, Jim plucked the walkman from Blair's pocket, and turned it off, saying apologetically to Anderson, "I hate that jungle shit. Listening to it for five seconds is four too many." Blair went practically limp, in relief, and the added hassle of dealing with his suddenly heavy form distracted any questions Anderson might have had about Jim hearing the music through the headset.

Jim stayed with them until his partner was safely locked into the doctor's office, going over details of the pull-out with Anderson. He had already sent word through channels that Roarke was supervising the dumping of the computer files for the operation himself. The bust should go down almost as soon as the big man got there in the morning. Under the circumstances, he wasn't worried about staying clear of Roarke's new business associate. It was Blair he was worried about.

Though he knew his straight room mate had decided to play party boy because of Anderson's profile, he doubted Blair was ready to go through with it if the issue were pushed. In fact, knowing Blair as he did, he probably had no plans beyond improvising as necessary. Shaking his head, he reflected that, for Blair, it worked. Absently keeping one ear tuned to younger man's heartbeat, he went on with the night.

It was the sound of an accelerated heartbeat approaching Blair that drew him back to that part of the warehouse. Anderson was standing in one dark corner, staring at the door to the medical office, licking his lips and rubbing his hard-on through his trousers. Without thinking, Jim went straight to the office himself, unlocking it and letting himself in.

The room was dimly lit; apparently Blair had broken some of the light fixtures. He glanced around, and Blair popped up like a jack-in-the-box, holding something behind his back. "Jim, man," he whispered, "you took a year off my life!" He threw aside the IV stand base, and asked, "Getting me out of here?"

Shaking his head, Jim stood close and leaned in to whisper back, "Safest place for you right now, but Anderson's on his way in here to take you up on your offer." Putting his hands on Blair's shoulders, he pushed the smaller man down to his knees. "Stay there. I want him to think I beat him to it."

"What if he wants his turn?" Blair said worriedly, drying his hands on his thighs.

"You'll be out cold. I was too much for you." Despite the seriousness of the situation, there was a hint of a smirk in Jim's words. Blair scrambled away, and Jim had a split second to painfully regret his levity before Blair was back, holding a small foil package in his hand.

"Props," he said shortly. "Hey, you OK?"

With a yank, he brought his mind back to matters on hand. Anderson was close, but Jim took the time to turn Blair's face up and ask him directly, "If you're not comfortable with this, you can be unconscious now. You put up a fuss and I hit you too hard. Or..."

"Look, it's no problem. We've got the same equipment, after all. I'm not likely to be freaked by the sight of it."

"You'll be the first," Jim muttered, without thinking, then went on louder and more positively to sidetrack Blair from his first statement, "Wait until I nod, then start to pull down the zipper. With luck, he'll take one look, assume what we want him to, and back off. He hangs around too long, I'll get pissed and pick a fight; you make a break for it. The only other man here tonight is sleeping in the front office."

"Jim, maybe this isn't the best time to say this..."

With a touch of a finger to Blair's lips, Jim interrupted him and hissed, "Shhh." He listened intently; footsteps were right outside the door, and he could hear the faint jingle of keys. When one was put in the lock, he nodded and braced himself to not react to the kneeling man's administrations.

They were positioned so that Anderson saw them in partial profile, as soon as he came through the door. With slitted eyes, Jim divided his attention between the hands on his waistband and the intruder. He watched as Blair put the condom package between his teeth, and manipulated the button on Jim's fly. Anderson stood stock still, almost as if in shock.

Humming tunelessly, Blair inched down the zipper while Jim pretended he was too intent on the event to notice their company. If he didn't say or do something soon, though... An involuntary shudder swarmed over Jim; Blair's fingers were nimble and warm. Dealing with Anderson was about to become a very necessary diversion.

With the thought he would wait until the last second before Blair would have to reach into his pants, he tilted back his head as if in pleasure. Getting ready to act as if that action brought Anderson into his field of vision, he was beaten to the punch when the goon asked, "I didn't know you walked on both sides of the street."

Grunting, as if in surprise, Jim spared the man a bellicose glare. Then he backed off a notch, and said half defensively, "Hey, a mouth's a mouth in the dark, right?"

"Especially one framed with such nice, soft curls, huh? Seems like most women wear it short as ours, these days." Anderson stepped a bit closer, and looked admiringly at Blair.

Automatically, one of Jim's hands went to the back of his friend's head, holding it lightly. Blair ignored both of them, and slipped his fingers under Jim's shorts. For Jim, it was an electrifying caress. Stiffening, he barely held back a gasp, and Anderson's continuing comments faded out on him. It had been so fucking long, and Blair had the most knowing, loving, capable, *wonderful* touch!

It was Blair's muffled, "Whoa!" that brought him back into focus. The smaller man had his growing erection out of his pants completely, and was fondling it, wearing a wide-eyed look. Wearily Jim waited for the inevitable wise cracks and second thoughts. Instead, Blair sat back on his heels, took the foil pack out of his mouth and studied it for a second. Tossing it over his shoulder, he said reflectively, "Too small. I don't s'pose you got some that'll fit?"

Surprised into honesty, Jim instructed, "Left hand inside jacket pocket."

Kneeling up, Blair searched that pocket, telling Anderson aside as he did. "If you're gonna have fun with us, you might wanna go first. Ain't gonna be good for nobody after he gets through with me."

"You're not going to try to take that thing?!"

"Oh yeah! Ain't even all hard yet, see?" Blair said happily, and pumped once, making Jim thrust helplessly into it.

Anderson was seeing, all right, and Jim had the distinct impression, backed by the smell of fear, that he wasn't thrilled about it. Well, it wasn't how he was planning on getting rid of him, but, then, Blair wasn't the only one who could improvise. Mustering some control, he fixed the merc with a hot stare and gave him half a smile. "Wanna taste?" he asked. "Don't have to take it all; I know how to use it so it'll be good for you and me both."

Not responding to the invitation, Anderson watched, mesmerized as Blair undid the condom, tearing at it with his teeth while still working Jim with his free hand. Popping it out, he held it up and looked at it. "Looks like my sister's diaphragm," he mused.

"So don't use it if you don't want to; your risk," Jim said shortly, while petting the back of Blair's head to show he didn't mean the harsh words.

Backing away, trying to be casual about it, the criminal barely missed being hit by the flying condom.

"Don't think I could get it in with one on, anyway," Blair said matter-of-factly. Using both hands now, he stroked Jim's cock from tip to base. It literally jumped in his hands, and Blair moaned, "Oh, this is gonna hurt so *good*!"

"I'll, uh, I'll, I'll check in with you. Later, you know? Umm, we can talk then, if you want, about partying, I mean." Anderson was at the door, still staring at Jim's erection as if it were going to attack him without any assistance from its owner.

Mumbling a reply that didn't make sense even to him, Jim waved him off, then wove his fingers through the hair on the back of Blair's head.

"C'mon, stud, let's get this show on the road," Blair murmured, and open his mouth wide. He dove for the hard-on in front of him, pulled up short as if reconsidering, and worked his jaw to try to get it wider.

Anderson made a weird noise, and threw himself out the door.

At the slam of the door, Jim sank down on his knees, shaking from suppressed passion - and laughter. Blair wasn't so lucky; he had to bury his face deep in the shirt over Jim's stomach to deaden his. Hoping that, if Anderson was listening, he would mistake the sounds, Jim let both of the ride it out until they were gasping and grinning.

Finally, he collected himself and spoke quietly in Blair's ear. "That deserves an Academy award, Sandburg. If you ever decide to quit anthropology, you can always go to Hollywood!" Jim got a grip on his friend's upper arms, and tensed to stand. Blair grasped the semi-erect penis peeking over the top of Jim's pants and refused to move. "Uh, uh, no way, man." He said firmly. "You are *not* going to wave this prize under my nose, so to speak, then snatch it away." Backing up words with actions, Blair began petting it again.

Alarmed, Jim leaned back, trying to break away. "Blair!"

Eyes on his task, Blair went on as if Jim hadn't protested. "As I was saying before our 'act,' this may not be the best time to say this, but I'm not exactly ignorant here."

Still trying to hold Blair at arm's length, Jim said suspiciously, "I would have noticed if you were looking at men, Sandburg."

With a secret smile, Blair asked, "Watching were you?" Silence was Jim's answer. That, and a throbbing in the hard flesh in his hand. "I know you're not an exhibitionist, but you got turned on anyway. You had to have been thinking about me for a while now. Why didn't you say anything?"

Slowly Jim relaxed, letting Blair draw him close. "For the same reasons you didn't."

Face against Jim again, Blair nodded. "Fear, uncertainty, confusion, censure, yadda, yadda. What a pair of wimps!"

"No," Jim denied, vehemently. "What we had was working; you don't risk friendships like that. Not without reason."

"Then I'd better give you a good one, hadn't I?" Blair said. With a deep breath, he came out of hiding and offered up his face for a kiss.

Growling, Jim let go reason, and swooped down to capture the pouting lips waiting for him. Thinking dimly that Blair kissed like he did everything else in his life, whole-heartedly and with enthusiasm, he tried to make it a gentle one at first. But then Blair opened his lips to tease Jim's with his tongue, and delayed need erupted. He took that tongue into a deep, sucking kiss, matching the pattern of it to the rocking of his hips. His thrusts into the perfect grasp on him were wild, urgent, and he ripped his mouth away to try to warn his lover.

"Good, good, babe, do it for me, do it," Blair encouraged him before he could. He watched Jim's face until the bigger man started tossing his head, then he bent to take him in his mouth.

"Oh no, oh no, too fast, make it last, please make it last, want..." Jim's voice trailed off, and he reached back to grab his own ankles to keep from forcing Blair down farther onto his cock.

With both hands wrapped around the base, moving simultaneously with his mouth, Blair tried valiantly to deep throat the thick shaft. Not able to take very much, it was enough for Jim. "Damn, damn!" he shouted, then groaned over and over as his cream pulsed out and into Blair's throat. Each groan was quieter, and more drawn out, until Jim wasn't able to stay upright any longer. With a final sound more like a whimper than anything, he collapsed on his side, taking Blair with him as he went.

Hot and ready, still, Blair managed to cuddle the bigger man until his head cleared. Letting Jim know he wanted his turn by sprinkling kisses over his face, and nibbling at his lips and ears, he waited until Jim turned one of the nibbles into a serious kiss to start to beg. "Touch me, oh gods, Jim, please touch me!"

Rolling them until he was laying half on top of Blair, Jim responded to his frantic pleas by groping at his belt. "Hang on, hang on, shh, shh," he tried to reassure the writhing man as he fumbled. "I'll take care of you."

"Jim," Blair panted, grabbing at his shirt again, "don't freak, ok? Please, please, please..."

Wondering at the comment, Jim yanked away the belt, popped off the top button, and bypassed the zipper to work his hand underneath Blair's jeans. He found what he was looking for, then froze, fingers spreading wide over Blair's cock. Very, very, wide.

He peered down into Blair's lust filled eyes, seeing clearly the panic and fear mixed with it. Holding that molten sapphire gaze, he grinned: very, very, slowly and very, very hugely. The panic abated, cleared, and became delight, along with something more. The something more made Jim's grin stretch until he felt like a fool, and he nuzzled the end of Blair's nose with his own.

As he began to run his fingertips down the long, long length of Blair's dick, he whispered clearly, succinctly to his lover, "Wow!"

"Wow?" Hesitant, unsure but willing to be convinced.

"Wow!" Jim answered firmly. After a tiny kiss to each of Blair's eyelids, he scooted down level to Blair's crotch. Gingerly he worked the zipper down over the swelling there, using the hand underneath to cushion it. As careful as Jim was, the feel of on skin against skin on his arousal was too much for Blair.

With a sharp "Oh!" he painfully clenched Jim's shoulders and came. The first spurt went over Jim's wrist; he eagerly drank the rest. Blair melted completely into the floor, and Jim half sat, licking the seed from his flesh, as he did. Watching from under shuttered lids, Blair lazily licked his lips, inspiring Jim to share the taste with him in a lung compressing kiss.

The sounds of the warehouse gearing up for Roarke's arrival penetrated Jim's concentration on his lover, and he reluctantly ended the kiss. "Much as I don't want to, babe, we have to break this up. We need to get you out of here before the bust comes down." He stood, adjusting his clothes as he did.

"Won't Anderson be a problem?" With Jim's help, Blair stood, too, grimacing some at the condition of his shirt and jeans.

"Nah, I'll tell him I'm letting you go for services rendered." Brushing a knuckle over Blair's cheek, Jim said, mock seriously, "If he gives us a hard time, you'll offer to party with him, again. If my equipment spooked him into leaving the room, yours will make him bolt from the building!"

The End