Jump Start by Legion
 
 

Three weeks later, nerves shredded to the point of dust bunnies, Blair conceded it just wasn't getting right. Instead of improving, half the time Jim didn't even get aroused anymore, though he seemed as content as ever. In fact, as long as he was near enough to touch - not even touching - the big guy was happy. He never initiated their love making, though he was always eager to cooperate when Blair made a move.

Telling himself, no, *knowing* he was everything to Jim didn't stop him from feeling like a user, and worse, like he would be unable to hold Jim's interest in the long run. In response, Blair felt himself putting distance between them, even going so far as to sleep in his old room last night. He had seen the hurt in Jim's eyes, but was helpless to do anything about it. He just couldn't stay in the big bed, wanting and needing and afraid to reach out.

Today he had come into the station early, planning on doing his paperwork at Jim's desk, just to be near, as an apology for last night. Just thinking about the sunrise he would see in Jim when he got there was enough to raise him to his usual maniacal level of good humor.

Which promptly bit the dust, big time, when he came into the room and found Jim staring with predatory intensity at some woman being questioned by another officer. Quickly he stepped back, out of sight behind a cabinet, to catch his breath and think. Ok, ok, she was a suspect and Jim was doing the human lie detector thing. Or Jim knew her and hated her guts, or she was an old lover and he couldn't help *some* reaction, or... Or he could quit hiding and walk over there and find out what was going on straight from the source.

Mentally kicking himself for his insecurities, he started towards Jim's desk, only to have Ellison get up and move away without seeing him, almost rushing, giving the woman a wide berth. Baffled now, Blair followed, only a few steps away as the detective went down the hall and into the small, dark room used by witnesses for line-ups. Moving a bit more cautiously now, Blair wondered why Jim would go there, alone, to such an isolated, private place. He stopped at the door of the room, glancing down the hall to see if anyone else was coming this way.

By himself... an idea began to work its way to the center of Blair's thoughts. There was something familiar about the way Jim had been looking at that woman, something he had seen Ellison do before. The memory drifted, he caught it and a name - Laura McCarty. Pheromones! The woman must have a scent similar to McCarty's and Jim simply had been unable to ignore it completely.

Blair smiled, not knowing whether to feel sorry for his lover, or mad or happy or what. As he tried to sort out the mix, he realized what he mostly felt was hot and bothered. On the other side of the door, in the only room in the station where he could have enough time and privacy to finish, Jim was jerking off, relieving the pressure which must have just come out of nowhere as far as he was concerned.

Licking dry lips, Blair debated, staring at the door, not wanting to embarrass him, but finding the thought of what Jim was doing blindingly exciting. Finally he tried the door, and, surprised to find it unlocked, slipped inside.

Jim was standing in profile with his back to the one way glass, leaning on the frame of it, eyes closed, head back, one hand gripping the edge of the frame, the other stroking his cock urgently. Blair swallowed, staring, feeling his own harden sympathetically. Taking time to make sure the door was locked, he moved further into the dark room and murmured Jim's name.

The only response was a soft moan. Taking a few more steps, so that he was just beyond Jim's reach, Blair tried again. "Jim."

This time Jim's eyes flew open, and he blushed. "Blair. I, uh," he tried unsuccessfully to stuff the erection back into his open pants. "it's not what you think, I swear...."

Blair let the smile he had been stifling come to the surface, "Hey, it's ok. I saw her, and I think I know why you reacted the way you did. Scent right?" The blush got deeper. "It really is ok. In fact, I think I might thank her. You look absolutely edible, and if you don't stop trying to put that up in that condition, you're going to hurt yourself."

Coming to stand in front of Jim, he lightly stroked Jim from shoulder down to the hand holding the still powerful hard-on. "Go ahead and come," he settled his hand over Jim's, and gave an encouraging pump, then let go. "You obviously need to."

The look Jim gave him was a peculiar mix of astonishment and hunger. "You're just going to stand there and watch!?"

"Oh, yes." Blair sighed, "I'm looking forward to it." He leaned in, giving the open lips of his lover a tiny lick, then pulling away before Jim could catch a true kiss.

Jim reached out to capture his lover, but Blair pulled away, again just out of reach. "Uh, uh, somebody needs to keep a lookout - here is not the safest place for this. And I do want to watch."

Licking his lips, as if to capture the taste of Blair left behind, Jim hesitated, then swept a glance down the length of Blair's body - taking a good look at the bulge showing through his pants. Almost against his will his hand began to pump his own hard-on again.

"That's good, Jim. Oh, that looks like it feels so good." Blair used his voice as a goad, knowing the excitement in it would feed Jim's. He watched as Jim's eyes drifted shut, giving himself over to need. His breath started to come in quick pants, his body grew tense, and Blair could hardly keep his own breathing even and controlled.

"Can you do it harder, babe?" he encouraged. "Maybe faster?"

Moaning softly, Jim did as he was told. Blair waited patiently, reining in his own passion ruthlessly, until Jim began to thrust from his hips, fucking his own hand hard. Dizzy, aching, Blair managed to whisper, "What are you thinking, Jim. What do you want right now?"

"Oh. Ohhh, your mouth. Blair, Blair, your hot mouth." He groaned. "I want it, want it, oh, oh gawd, I'm coming in your mouth." His cock jumped, spasmed, and Blair was there, eagerly taking Jim's seed.

He licked and sucked, caressing Jim with his hands, until Jim's breathing steadied, then he reluctantly released his treasure, and smiled up into his lover's face. Reaching down, Jim pulled him up and into an embrace, and kissed him deeply. One hand reached down to stroke Blair through his jeans. Finding dampness instead of urgency, Jim leaned back a bit, eyebrows raised quizzically.

This time Blair was the one to blush. "What can I say? You really do it for me." He snuggled into the sturdy chest in front of him. "And it's really nice to know I do it for you, too."

With genuine worry, Jim asked, "Even if I was jump started?"

"Hey, we all have things that push our buttons. If this is how we're going to deal with it when it happens, it'll be all right."

They settled together more comfortably, reluctant to leave their stolen moment just yet. Blair took a deep breath, bringing the warm smell of Jim and love into him, trying to imagine if this was great for him, how much better was it for Jim? Did he like his smell as much....

Blair's thoughts slowed, and he absently began nudging Jim's chest with his forehead. Scent, passion, pheromones...."Jim, before we got together, did you have any problems being distracted by your senses when you were with a woman?"

Answering carefully, Jim said "Not really, Chief. You know, automatic pilot and experience, all that."

"Mmm,"

"What is going on in that hyper noggin of yours?"

"Sexual response, sexual attraction - all governed by hormones and cultural experience. Jim, I'm not sending out the right signals for you. You'd never been with a man and everything - I mean, everything - is different. No wonder we have trouble!"

"But I *do* want you." Jim protested.

Grinning evilly, Blair pressed hard against him, "*You* do. Now I get to teach your *body* to want me too."

The End