Line two: Ryo's line from the 'Poem of Yoroi': Drinking strength from immortal fire,

 

 

Name: Ryo Sanada
Age: 14/15 in series
Birthday: August 15, 1973
Birth Place: Yamanashi, Japan
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 125lb
Blood Type: O
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Element: Fire
Kanji Symbol: Virtue/Harmony (Jin)
Yoroi Sphere: Red
Armor: Armor of Wildfire/Armor of Inferno
Armor Summoning Call: Tao Jin/Armor of Wildfire
Special Attack Summoning: Flare Up Now/Rage of Inferno
Weapons: 2 Katanas/Soul Swords of Fevor
Evil Counterpart:Talpa

Ryo is the unofficial leader of the warriors because of his armor. He might not be the best man for the job strategy wise, but he takes his responsibility very seriously. Often running into the face of danger to protect the others when he should hold back. When Wildfire and the other individual armors aren't enough to defeat the enemy, Ryo can absorb the energy from the other warriors. This calls forth the Armor of Inferno which is the strongest of all the armors. The only problem is that it weakens the others and is quite draining on the wearer, Ryo. So he doesn't use it unless he has too.

Ryo lived basically alone in a cabin in the mountains, walking nine miles into town each day and back again for school. His Mother died when he young and his Father, a wildlife photographer, is gone most of the time. So Ryo has learned to take care of himself. His on again off again companion is a white tiger named Byakuen. I get the impression that Byakuen was always intended to be the companion of the wearer of the Wildfire and Inferno armors and that it was he that chose Ryo. They have quite a strong bond, loving and protective of each other.

Because of living alone so long and so far away from the rest of civilization, Ryo isn't big on socializing though he does like people. He doesn't tend to care about current trends, is just a bit shy and often a bit too blunt. But he has a big heart and is also cheerful and active, enjoying soccer and nature. Being stubborn and impatient sometimes gets him into trouble. He has a difficult time resolving feelings of guilt and self-doubt when he thinks that he has let his friends down somehow, even if it wasn't something that he could control.

 

Click on little Ryo to return to the Ronin Warrior Page.