TITLE: Sunny-side up

AUTHOR: Scorpio

ARCHIVE: Want. Take. Have.

FANDOM: X-Men, comicverse

CONTINUITY: does not exist in the Marvel Universe, but if it helps, Jubilee is still in Gen-X for this ficcie

PAIRING: Logan/Remy

RATING: PG-13 (possibly R for nekkid bits)

WARNING: while not a bondage!fic, there is use of rope

DISCLAIMER: your lonely old maid aunt is really a happy lesbian. oh, that's not what you meant? sorry. *ahem* i do not now, nor will i ever, own these characters. it's all Marvel Entertainment Group's fault. i am blameless.

SUMMARY: Remy muses on Jubilee's reaction to the news that he is now dating Logan.


Sunny-side up
by Scorpio



When Remy had first found out that Jubilee would be spending her summer break at the X-Mansion, he'd been thrilled for his lover of three months. Logan, in his own rough and stoic way, had expressed his joyful enthusiasm over her upcoming stay by volunteering Remy, and everyone else he could get his hands on, to help air-out her room and pull her things out of storage.

In hindsight, he probably should have given the situation a bit more thought, but he didn't. After all, this was Jubilee. An X-Man and his lover's adopted daughter. It was that last part that was going to come back to bite him in the ass, but at the time, Remy was just happy for Logan.

When Jubilee arrived, she spent the first couple of days practically attached to her "Wolvie" at the hip; trailing behind him during his treks through the woods, dragging him along to the mall and the movie theater, not to mention sparring with him in the Danger Room. This was not only expected, Remy thought it was kind of sweet and touching. In fact, the whole 'loving father/precocious daughter' display made him long for Jean-Luc LeBeau and the many adventures they'd had roaming around some of the finer homes in New Orleans.

Up until then, things were going swimmingly. Perfect, even. Unfortunately, the status quo couldn't last...it never does.

Although he didn't realize it, Remy's first mistake was when he only argued mildly, and admittedly halfheartedly, when Logan sat Jubilee down and informed her that he wanted to spend a day or two with Remy. They were lovers after all, and the residents in the X-Mansion had all gotten used to the two men disappearing together every now and then. Jubilee had smiled, blushed and then pretended to be very grown up and sophisticated about the whole situation as she shrugged it off as 'no big deal' and admonished them both to bring her back a gift.

They were only gone for a weekend in the city, and they *had* brought her back a gift. Several, in fact. Jubilee had taken that time to reconnect with the other X-Men at the Mansion so neither Remy or Logan thought anything of it.

Looking back, Remy knew that he should have taken more notice of the fact that the young firecracker seemed to be getting quite chummy with the Iceman, but he didn't. He had chuckled when Logan delivered his standard 'don't mess with my little girl or you'll lose a limb' speech, but he'd actually been a bit relieved that they'd become friends. Proof positive that he was an idiot.

Somewhere in his demented mind he'd honestly thought it was for the best. Bobby Drake and he had never been on the best of terms because of Rogue. Bobby had always wanted her and until just recently, Remy had had her. Instant friction, just add one scantily clad southern belle, two love-struck idiots and stir. Remy had figured that Jubilee would be able to soothe the lingering tension between them. After all, he was now dating her father figure and it seemed as if Bobby was turning into her best friend.

What Remy hadn't even considered was that maybe, just maybe, Jubilee wasn't too thrilled about Logan dating. Stupid, that. A Logan in love had always been able to get a jealous rise out of Jubilee and Remy didn't know which demon had possessed his ego to think that he'd be any different.

His suspicious and calculating thief's mind hadn't put the pieces of the puzzle together. He didn't see Jubilee's jealousy and he unwisely ignored Bobby's continuing animosity. He missed the whispered conversations and sidelong glances aimed in his direction. Worst of all, he didn't see the danger in a partnership between the prankster of Gen-X and the prankster of the X-Men. To his shame, he had seriously underestimated both of them. Never a good idea, that.

Which sort of explains how, or at least *why*, he came to be strung up by one bare foot with a rope while dangling over the open stairwell of the Mansion at 4:45 in the morning, his robe hanging down over the material belt tied around his waist so that it left his private bits exposed and his burning red cheeks covered.

About every two or three days, Remy would find himself having trouble sleeping and, as was his wont, he'd head downstairs to the kitchen for something warm to drink. Jubilee and Bobby had worked this out and must have sat in wait for him over several days until he'd followed that set pattern once more. That was part of why he was so humiliated, he *knew* better than to become predictable.

That night, he'd woken up from a restless sleep and instead of inconveniencing Logan, he'd stayed true to form. Climbing out of bed, he'd thrown on his robe, belted it and headed down the hall to the stairs. He could admit to himself that he hadn't been paying any attention, but he was not expecting an ambush on the stairs. That's exactly what happened, however.

A glaringly bright flash of light had blinded his photosensitive eyes and he had stumbled. Right into an old fashion rope rabbit snare. It had tightened around his ankle painfully just seconds before it had yanked him off of his feet and sent him flying through the air only to come to a jarring stop halfway up the stairwell. And there he had hung, swaying back in forth on the end of his rope, his robe flung down over his upturned head and his ass hanging out for all to see.

He'd heard the whirring sound of a camera click a few times and a deep male chuckle right before Jubilee's voice whispered, "Well, at least now I know what Wolvie sees in him. Hot *damn*!" and he'd blushed all over again. Then, two sets of feet scurried off deeper into the Mansion.

Part of him considered this whole mess his own fault. He should have seen this coming and stopped it *long* before it could even reach this point. The other part of him, however, wanted to be there when Logan turned that girl over his knee and he most definitely wanted to help when Cyke did the same thing to Bobby. At the moment, however, he mostly just wanted to figure a way out of this before anyone else came along and saw him hanging upside down in the stairwell. But knowing his luck...

"Oh! Mah! Gawd! REMY!!!"

...Rogue would show up and yell her head off, waking up the entire Mansion.


END: Sunny-side up

Scorpio
~*~ scorpiofic@aol.com ~*~

http://members.tripod.com/sentinel-cat/Scorpio/