Title: Stealing Love

Authors: Creed Cascade and TJ

Fandom: X-Men

Pairing: Logan (Wolverine)/Remy LeBeau (Gambit)

Rating: NC-17

Status: new

Archive: If you want it, go ahead. Just knock me upside the head and let me know.

Feedback: creed_cascade@hotmail.com and TazzyJan@aol.com

Other websites: http://insaneasylum.slashfanfiction.com

Disclaimers: We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. You don't ask where we get these strange plots starring mysteriously familiar characters, and we won't tell you that I make no money, only deliriously happy satisfaction. Very hush-hush.

Notes: Zebra Con writing contest entry.

Summary: Remy wants something he thinks he can never have.



Stealing Love
By Creed Cascade and TJ


Being an empath is even worse than being a psychic. At least if you're a psychic you have distinguishable voices and thoughts intermingling with your own. But when you're an empath, it is hard to discriminate your own emotions from the flood of other emotions. Imagine being schizophrenic from birth and trying to stay sane when you don't know what it is to sense only one emotion at a time. This was the life of Remy LeBeau.

Worst of all for him was sex. Sex was experienced without the shared feelings of love, only of lust or worst of all when they saw his eyes… pity. That was why Remy started to hang around Logan and Scott so much. The love the two men felt for each other was incredible. And when they had sex, it was even better. For a few brief moments Remy felt what it was like to be truly loved by someone. He cherished those moments more than anything.

He used his skills as a thief to stay hidden most of the time. Even when he was there, he was able to use his charm to take the focus off of himself. He'd been watching Logan and Scott long enough to know that Logan always woke up shortly before dawn. In that time he would wake Scott in the best way possible and then go back to sleep, while Scott started his day. Remy was seated on the floor outside their room, with his coat flared around him and senses focused behind the door.

He let the feelings wash over him, both exciting and soothing him at the same time. He let his head fall back and his eyes close as he revelled in the care they took with each other. No matter how wild Logan could be, he was never overly rough with Scott.

*

"Logan…" Scott whined softly as Logan woke him up by tweaking his nipples. "Every morning?"

"You got a problem with that?" Logan grinned. He leaned down and took Scott's hard nipple in his mouth and sucked it. He couldn't get enough of Scott's taste and loved listening to his rather vocal lover moan for him.

"N-No," Scott answered with a shiver. "Has to be the best wake up call ever, but you are so damn insatiable."

"You do it to me," Logan whispered as he left off one nipple and moved to the other. "Never had it so bad with anybody else. You taste so fucking sweet."

"Should still be pretty slick from last time," Scott noted with a small yawn and spread his legs in invitation. There had even been a few times when Scott had woken up with Logan already fucking him.

"Oh yeah," Logan gasped. He settled between Scott's legs, lifting one up to spread his lover wider. He moved his cock against Scott's hole and slid inside in one smooth motion that made both men groan in pleasure.

Scott knew that after Logan had finished fucking him, the man would go straight back to sleep, but it didn't bother him. After they had started sleeping together, Logan always managed to wake him up at least thirty minutes early. It was like the man was staking a claim on his mate each morning before sending him off into the world.

Logan set a slow, lazy rhythm, wanting to enjoy the feel of his lover. Scott's body was still stretched and receptive, allowing him to slide in and out easily. As he thrust, he leaned down and kissed Scott, tasting him deeply. As he made loved to Scott, he reached his hand down to stroke his lover. He leaned in close and whispered the one thing he only said when they were doing this. "Love ya, Scott."

"Love you, too, tough guy," Scott whispered back. He was moments away from cumming. Logan's hand on his cock, coupled with the constant brush against his prostate was about to send him over the edge.

It was cliché and something Logan said all the time, but it was what finally set both of them off when Logan growled, "Mine!"

They both lay there panting, enjoying the afterglow. Logan was draped over Scott, but he wasn't worried. He knew Scott could hold him without a problem. He was about to roll off and get back to sleep when he picked up the barest hint of salt in the air. He knew it couldn't be Scott, the man was incapable of tears. Focusing his senses on the door, he realized whoever it was, was right outside their door.

"Stay," Logan growled under his breath and pressed Scott back against the mattress. His first thought was that it was a kid that had wandered out of their bed to seek comfort and was too afraid to come in, but he couldn't be too careful were Scott was concerned.

"What is it?" Scott whispered, tensing. His hand went to his visor, ready to defend his lover if need be. He knew Logan sensed some kind of threat behind the door and he wanted to be ready for it.

"Think it's just one of the kids outside our door," Logan said, making sure to grab a pair of boxers. "You stay here." If they surprised the kid, then they might unknowingly use their developing powers. Logan would be able to recover from any attack, but Scott wouldn't.

"Be careful," Scott whispered. He quickly ran through the latest arrivals trying to remember their powers. He didn't think there were any capable of truly hurting Logan but he couldn't be sure.

Remy noticed the change of emotions, but he was still groggy from being so deeply immersed in the lovers' emotions that his reactions were delayed. He heard the door start to creak open and managed to scramble into the shadows, guessing that they only saw the flare of his long coat.

"Remy?" Logan called, catching his scent. "You okay, kid?"

Remy looked around in panic, realizing that he'd managed to back himself into a dead end. His only escape was a nearby window, but the drop was over two stories. He didn't dare answer, instead deciding to try for escape and risk the injuries rather than get caught.

Logan grabbed him as he dove for the window, barely keeping him from going out it. He jerked the younger man to him and wrapped his arms around him, in case Remy tried anything that stupid again. "Jesus, kid, what the hell's wrong with you?" he demanded as he fought to hold on to the struggling Cajun.

"Let Remy go!" Remy called out in panic, trying to wiggle out of Logan's grasp. He had to get away before they found out why he was outside their door.

"No!" Logan said, giving Remy a good shake. "Not until ya calm down and tell me why the hell you just tried to take a header out the window."

"Just wanted ta get away," Remy said and then realized he had to give them a cover story. "Thought ya were someone else."

"Don't lie to me, kid," Logan warned. "Now tell me the truth."

"N-Non," Remy said with a shaky voice. "Let Remy go, p-please?"

"I can't do that," Logan said softly. "Not if I don't know what made ya try to hurt yourself. You can trust me, Remy. You know that." Logan kept his tight hold on Remy, knowing if he let up the young thief would seize the advantage. Logan didn't want that. Not until he knew what was going on.

"Not gonna hurt myself, promise," Remy said. "Was just surprised. Dat's all. Ya let Remy go now that he promised not ta hurt himself? All big misunderstin', non?"

"No," Logan said again. "Not till you give me some answers." He sniffed the air, trying to scent if Remy was still afraid. The kid was scared, alright, but he was also aroused. Very aroused.

Remy decided that the only way he could get away was to lie and lie well. "Just t'inkin' `bout a girl. She don't like Remy. Not gonna commit suicide or nothin'…"

"What did I tell you about lying to me?" Logan asked, his voice much gentler than before. He knew the young man was aroused and he knew it had nothing to do with some phantom girl. Deciding he was never going to get to the bottom of this on his own, he lifted Remy off the ground and headed back to his room.

"Let Remy go!" Remy cried out, trying unsuccessfully to get away. "None of the Wolverine's business!"

"What's going on?" Scott asked as Logan burst through the door with Remy in his arms. He quickly closed the door behind them, not wanting the entire mansion to hear them then watched as Logan put Remy down on the bed.

"The Wolverine kidnapped Remy!"

"I found him out in the hall," Logan explained, ignoring Remy's outburst. "He tried to jump out the window when he saw me. You wanna talk to him, `cause he ain't talking to me?"

Scott moved closer to Remy and wasn't surprised when the younger man scooted away. "Want to tell me what was so frightening that you'd risk jumping out of a window? Surely you weren't that scared of Logan?"

Remy glanced up at Logan then away again. "Non," Remy replied. "Not really. Just didn' wan' Logan to be mad with me."

"Why would he be mad with you?" Scott asked. "And if you haven't figured it out, Logan can tell when you're lying. I'm willing to stay here all night until you tell us the truth."

Remy flushed and looked down at the floor. He was ashamed both at what he had been doing and at being caught but he knew he had to tell them the truth. "I was sittin' outside your door," he whispered.

"Why were you sitting outside of our door?" Scott asked.

"Remy jus' wanted to feel you a little," Remy confessed. "Always feels so good when you and Logan love."

"You've been spying on us before?" Logan growled, his need for privacy feeling violated.

"Oui," Remy replied. "Not spyin' really. Just... feelin'. Jus' wanted to feel good. Remy sorry."

"You're getting inside of our heads when we fuck?" Logan's voice lowered dangerously.

"Non!" Remy said quickly. He scooted back on the bed, trying to put some distance between himself and Wolverine. "Just feeling what you feel. Remy an empath. He can't help but feel what de people around him feel."

"Logan, calm down!" Scott snapped. "You're scaring him. Tell us why you were doing that Remy… where you lonely?"

"Oui," Remy whispered, his eyes never leaving the angry man in front of him. "Remy jus' wanted to feel good. Feel so much love when you together."

"So what are we supposed to do with that?" Logan huffed. "You're a kid. You're barely older than the students here and Scott belongs to me."

"Remy know dat," Remy replied. "Remy not wan' nothin'. He not come around again. You don' have to hurt him."

Now Logan's scowl softened a bit. "Do you really think we'd hurt ya, kid?"

Remy simply shrugged and looked down at the floor again. He'd been hurt for less many times in his life. He'd known what he was doing was wrong. He'd had no right to intrude on them the way he had. Logan had every right to want to hurt him for it.

"We're not gonna hurt ya," Logan said carefully. "Just tell me why I have the feelin' you'd just let me do it if I wanted to."

"Remy been beat for less," he answered. "Don't blame you for bein' mad. Shouldn't have done it. Won't do it again, I promise."

Logan was lost. He didn't know how to deal with the desperate young man who sat trembling on their bed. "Scott…"

"Remy, it's okay," Scott said as he reached out and pulled the young man into his arms. "We're not angry with you and we're not going to hurt you. Everybody wants to feel love. There's nothing wrong with that."

"Remy can't," was the sad reply, even though he clung to Scott. "Just a thief like always, stealin' a small glimpse of want Remy can't have."

Logan shook his head and climbed onto the bed with them. He pulled Remy with him until they were both lying stretched out on the bed. He motioned for Scott and his lover quickly joined them, lying on Remy's other side. "Be quiet for a while, kid. I wanna get some sleep."

"Why?" Remy asked in a quiet voice. He wasn't struggling or even trying to get away. There was no way he could turn away from what they were offering, even if it was just temporary. He felt genuine concern coming from both of them, mixed with the usual sadness and pity.

"'Cause I'm tired," Logan replied. "Now get some rest."

"Oui," Remy agreed softly. He closed his eyes, but made sure he didn't allow himself to fall asleep. When they were asleep, he'd sneak out and get away from all the temptation of everything he couldn't have. He'd been a fool to tempt fate and steal glimpses of what it felt like to be loved.

"I told the Professor I won't be able to teach class today," Scott said softly. "Thought we might all spend the day in bed. When Logan finally gets up we can talk some more." He let his arm drape across Remy so that his hand rested on Logan's arm. He knew Remy would try to make a run for it and he wasn't going to let that happen. He'd have to talk to Logan, but if Remy needed them then they would be there for him.

"Gotta sleep sometime, mon amie," Remy told Scott, sensing that his plan for escape had been sussed out.

"Please don't leave," Scott implored softly. "Besides, where are you going to run to that Logan wouldn't be able to find you? Stay with us, Remy. You're safe here."

"Remy's never safe," he answered. "Just buying time."

"As long as you're here, you're safe," Logan growled softly. "Now go to sleep, both of ya."

"Don't need nobody, just stayin' for a bit." Remy had to have the last word, but he still burrowed into Scott and Logan's hold. Maybe if he was very lucky, he might be able to steal a small piece of happiness for himself.



End.