Title: Paternity

Authors: Creed Cascade and TJ

Fandom: X-Men

Pairing: Logan (Wolverine)/Scott Summer (Cyclops)

Rating: NC-17

Status: new

Archive: If you want it, go ahead. Just knock me upside the head and let me know.

Feedback: creed_cascade@hotmail.com and TazzyJan@aol.com

Other websites: http://insaneasylum.slashfanfiction.com

Disclaimers: We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. You don't ask where we get these strange plots starring mysteriously familiar characters, and we won't tell you that I make no money, only deliriously happy satisfaction. Very hush-hush.

Notes: Written for Nell's February challenge.

Summary: Logan was a guinea pig for brutal experiments, but what was the true extent of those experiments?


Paternity
By Creed Cascade and TJ



"That's it!" Scott said as he stormed out of the bathroom and over to the dresser. He pulled out a pair of sweats and quickly put them on then pulled out a pair for Logan as well. "I don't care if I have to carry you, you are going to the infirmary. This is the third morning in a row that you've ended up puking and it's scaring the hell out of me."

“It’s just a hangover,” Logan said gruffly, wiping puke from his mouth. Of course, he hadn’t been drinking for at least a few weeks, but Scott didn’t need to know that.

"Bullshit!" Scott said as he picked up the sweats and threw them to his lover. "You don't get hangovers, remember? Logan, please. This is really starting to scare me. I... I don't want to lose you."

“I hate doctors,” Logan growled, but pulled on the sweats regardless. “It’s nothin’.”

"Let me hear that from Hank and I'll leave you alone," Scott promised. "If it was me, you would've already dragged me down there."

“That’s different,” Logan grumbled. He realized he was going to have to go to see Hank if he wanted to wipe away that worried look on Scott’s face. “Hey, if we’re goin’, I gotta stop by the kitchen on the way.”

"Oh no," Scott said. "No pit stops. We're going straight to the infirmary. If Hank says you're okay, I'll take you out to eat anywhere you want to go."

“I’m hungry now,” Logan growled dangerously.

“But you just puked,” Scott protested.

"Means my stomach's even emptier," Logan replied. "I'll just make a sandwich and take it with me, okay?" He knew Scott was scared. He always got snippy when he was frightened. In truth, Logan was starting to get a bit worried himself. He couldn't remember *ever* being sick like this before. Still, his body was demanding food and he was going to get some.

“You’ve been eating a lot lately,” Scott said, grabbing Logan’s hand and dragging him out of the room. He had noticed that Logan had been getting a little thicker around the waist and he had never known his lover to get fat.

"Been hungry," Logan shrugged, letting Scott pull him along. He thought about arguing again, but he knew his determined lover wasn't going to let him delay this trip any longer. "Guess I need to work out a little bit more, huh?"

“I don’t want you working out until we know what’s wrong with you,” Scott told him.

Logan stopped, making Scott stop with him. "This has really got ya scared, ain't it?" he asked, studying his lover's face.

“I just always thought of you as invincible,” Scott admitted.

"Me, too," Logan admitted. "Never been sick like this that I can remember. Come on, let's go see if Blue can give us some answers."

Logan made sure they made a quick detour to make a peanut butter and banana sandwich. “This just needs a beer,” he complained. “You gotta let me keep at least a six pack around here, Slim.”

"We'll see about it," Scott said, not even realizing what he was agreeing to. "*After* your visit with Hank."

“What can I do for you gentlemen?” Hank asked when they came in the infirmary.

"Something's wrong with Logan," Scott said. "He's been throwing up every morning for the past three days." Scott pulled Logan into the room and practically thrust him at Hank as if to say "fix him".

“Anything you can tell me about this, Logan?” Hank asked. He raised one eyebrow, or at least a patch of blue fur that passed as an eyebrow, when he saw Logan munching on the sandwich.

"Not really," Logan shrugged. "It's like Scott said. I wake up, I puke, then I'm fine. Been hungry as hell lately, though."

“Any unexpected weight gain or loss? Any pain?” Hank continued to ask questions.

"I guess I put on a few pounds lately," Logan said, starting to feel a bit self-conscious. "Been kinda tired, too, now that ya mention it."

“I’m going to examine you now,” Hank told him. He had learned long ago to tell Logan step by step what he was doing. “Please lay down on the table.”

Logan wolfed down the rest of his sandwich and hopped up on the table as Hank had asked. He lay down on it, fighting the swell of memories he always experienced at times like this. One look at Scott's worried face was enough to push any other thoughts aside and keep him on the table without a problem.

Hank started to gently massage Logan’s abdomen and when Logan growled unexpectedly, he pulled away. “Maybe I’ll just perform an ultrasound to make sure everything’s in place instead.”

"Sorry, Blue," Logan said sheepishly. He didn't know what was wrong with him. No matter how badly hurt he'd been he'd never growled at Hank during an examination before. "Don't know what got into me there."

“Perfectly alright,” Hank assured him. He made Logan drank enough water and then waited for it to get in his system before starting the procedure.

He squirted the cold gel onto Logan's stomach, grinning when the other man glared at him. He warned Logan before placing the instrument against his tender belly and then gave his full concentration to the images on his screen. "Oh dear," Hank said as he ran the device back over Logan's abdomen for a second time.

“What the fuck does 'oh dear' mean?” Scott demanded. Cancer was the immediate aliment to jump to mind, even though he had never though of Logan being susceptible to that kind of illness before.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to alarm you," Hank said, hearing the near panic in Scott's voice. "The reading is... unusual. Not life threatening, mind you, but... alarming... all the same. Please, give me a moment to go over this again and I'll see if I can explain what I think is going on."

Scott was beside Logan’s side and squeezed his hand. “Give it to me straight, doc,” Logan insisted.

Hank saved the images to go over again later. There was no mistaking it, though. It might not be his field of expertise but he knew what he was looking it. "Logan, my friend... I'm not sure how to tell you this," Hank began, searching for a way to break the news to the two men.

“That I’m finally gonna kick the bucket?” Logan finished for him. Death had never been an issue for him before. Sometimes he’d wished for death, but faced with it now, he didn’t want to die.

"Not hardly, my friend," Hank said quickly. He realized he was leading his patient to the wrong conclusions and decided to simply tell Logan and Scott the truth. "In fact, it's just the opposite. You know, they say people live forever through the offspring they leave behind..."

“Don’t give me some confused shit about rug rats,” Logan growled at him. “Tell me what’s wrong with me.”

"You're pregnant," Hank said finally.

“And you’re a fucking idiot!” Logan snapped. “I got a dick, if you didn’t learn that in medical school!”

"I am well aware of the parts you have," Hank said calmly. "I am also aware that you have a fetus growing inside you."

“This isn’t funny, Hank,” Scott said, looking a little green. “Don’t you dare joke where Logan’s health is concerned.”

"Have you ever known me to do such a thing?" Hank replied. "I know this is a shock to you both, but Logan *is* pregnant. If I were to guess, I would say the Weapon X project did a bit more than we realized."

Scott paled even more and his mouth dropped open. “I… I still don’t believe this…”

"Come around here and I'll show you the ultrasound readings," Hank offered. "Now the fetus is only about 8 weeks old so nothing is defined yet, but the gestational sac is quite clear."

Scott saw their child for the first time in a glow of ruby red. He reached out and touched the print out with a shaking hand. “Is it mine?” he asked in a quiet voice.

"I'm gonna hope shock is the only thing that made ya ask that," Logan said softly, the reality of the situation starting to catch up to him as well.

“No, no, I didn’t mean it that way…” Scott covered himself quickly. “I just wasn’t sure if you… reproduced by yourself.”

"I can't find anything to indicate that. He would have to somehow get the sperm inside himself," Hank said. "Not that it's entirely impossible, but my guess is that, yes, you are the father."

Logan growled at Hank. “What, you calling me the mommy?”

"Well, actually, yes," Hank replied, not intimidated by Logan in the least. "You did provide the necessary female DNA. The one that provides the egg is generally considered the mother. Not to mention the fact that the mother is the one to carry the unborn child to term. Congratulations, my friend."

Logan actually bared his teeth and growled at Hank again as he jumped off of the examining table. “I’m not no damn whelping bitch!”

"Logan, stop!" Scott called out in alarm. "Hank didn't mean it that way!"

“I’m already enough of a freak!” Logan snapped at Scott. “I’m not supposed to breed!”

"Hank, go," Scott said. He needed to talk to Logan alone. Hopefully he could calm him down before he did something rash... like harm their baby.

Hank left without further comment and Logan continued to pace in the infirmary. “I know the bastards at Weapon X did this to me! Next Hank’ll be telling me some stupid shit like I’ll be growing tits and pushing the pup out my ass!”

"Somehow I doubt that," Scott replied as calmly as he could. "Logan... if you don't want the child... I'll understand." He would, too. He knew it was asking the impossible for his lover to simply accept this as a blessing. He'd never wanted children before, but now that he was handed one he found himself wanting it. He couldn't let Logan know that before Logan had decided what to do though.

One of Logan’s hands went unconsciously to cover his belly and the free hand at his side allowed his claws to slip free. “Ya want me to kill our kid?”

"I want you to do what you feel comfortable with," Scott replied, refusing to answer the question. "I know this is difficult for you to take in. I'm having a hard time believing it myself. The bottom line is, it's your body. If you don't want to share it with ou... a child... I understand."

“Seen too much death,” Logan said dangerously. “Not gonna be responsible for ending another innocent one.”

"If you're sure," Scott said, immensely relieved. He reached out to Logan, wanting to be close to him but respecting his need to get himself together. Scott knew better than to approach him when he was this upset so he waited for Logan to tell him he could come closer.

Logan retracted the claws on the hand not holding his belly. “I’m not good with kids,” Logan said, taking one step closer to his lover.

"Bullshit," Scott said affectionately as he moved closer. "You're great with the kids here. They all admire you. Rogue loves you like a father."

“She wasn’t a lil’ baby,” Logan answered. “I’ll drop it. Never held one. Mom’s usually run when they see me.”

"You would never do anything to harm a child," Scott told him. "Especially your own. I trust you completely. All you have to do is trust yourself."

Suddenly Logan got a wicked smile on his face and looked up at Scott. “You’d make a good mommy, Slim.”

"Oh, no," Scott said, shaking his head. "You heard Hank. I'm the daddy. *You're* the mommy."

“C’mon, Scotty,” Logan said, reaching out and caressing Scott’s cheek. “You’d be good with the kid. You’d make a better mommy than me, you’re less hairy to start.”

"Nope. Hank said I'm the daddy and that's just the way it is. Don't worry, darling, I'll be right beside you in the delivery room cheering you on." Scott smiled at Logan, wishing he could bat his eyes for the full effect. At least Logan was calming down some now and Scott no longer feared for the safety of their child.

“You’re beggin’ for a beating,” Logan growled affectionately. He already had it in his mind that if he was going carry around this brat, then Scott was the one who was going to change its diapers. He could teach it how to catch and chase away anybody stupid enough to want to date his kid. “Male pregnancy, eh? Guess it’s easy to accept when you’re bunking with a man who shots lasers outta his eyes.”

"This from the guy with claws that are two feet long. You feel good enough for me to call Hank back in here and let him finish the exam now?"

“No, I’m hungry,” Logan complained.

"If we don't do this now, we're only going to have to do it later," Scott told him. He was determined that Logan get a full medical exam. He wanted to make sure both his lover and their child were okay, as well as find out from Hank what they needed to do to make sure they both stayed that way.

“Fine,” Logan grumbled. “But for that, you gotta change diapers.”

"Fifty-fifty," Scott said. "It's *our* child, Logan. That means we *both* do the dirty work. Unless you'd rather trade me in on a different model? Maybe one that can really be the mommy..." Scott knew he wasn't playing fair, but sometimes with Logan, you had to cheat.

“You knocked me up, Cyke,” Logan rumbled. “Not lettin’ ya get away.”

"I'd say I'm sorry, but it would be a lie," Scott admitted. "I never wanted kids before, even when I was with Jean, but I want this child, Logan. I love you and I want our baby."

“Fine, ya can let Blue in here, but I’m just doing it because of the pup,” Logan grumbled.

"Thank you." Scott kissed him on the lips softly, and then broke away to go get Hank. As he suspected, the doctor was waiting just outside the door rather anxiously. "You can come back in now, Hank. Logan's ready to finish his exam."

*

They finally agreed to keep the news secret for a few months. That was what they discussed at least, but the team guessed something was up when Bobby tried to take the last pork chop and Logan ended up staking it with his claws to stop him.

"Logan, is anything the matter?" Professor Xavier asked calmly as everyone stared at Logan and Bobby.

“No,” Logan mumbled as he started to eat the pork chop from his claw. “Just wanted the last one. Damn kid never asked.”

"Scott, perhaps you would care to share why Logan has been a bit... touchy... lately," Xavier said, turning his attention to his surrogate son. He knew that something was going on, but short of snooping into their thoughts, he didn't know what that something was. He also knew it involved the good doctor and that worried him.

“I’m not touchy,” Logan snapped, glaring at the Professor. “Just hungry.”

"Right," Jean said, looking back and forth between Scott and Logan. "So what's up with all the visits to Hank then? I thought you hated the infirmary?"

“What’s it to you?” Logan glowered at her. Normally he didn’t mind Jean, but lately she was getting on his nerves, especially because she was Scott’s ex. “Our business.”

"Logan," Scott said softly, sensing that things were deteriorating rapidly. "Maybe we should go ahead and tell them."

Logan reached out and grabbed a dinner roll to munch on. He tugged on the t-shirt he was wearing, pissed off he couldn’t wear the tight wife beaters he usually favoured. “Not like I’m gonna be able to hide it much longer.”

Reaching out, Scott took his lover's hand and squeezed, not sure which of them he was comforting more by the gesture. "Okay," he said, then cleared his throat. "Um, Logan and I have an announcement to make. We... uh... we're going to have a baby."

“That’s a good one!” Bobby burst out laughing.

"I'm afraid they are quite serious, Bobby," Hank said. "Logan is at the end of his first trimester."

“I know mutants can look different,” Bobby said, looking pointedly at Hank and then at Logan. “But he’s a damn ugly woman.”

Logan growled and started to stand. Only Scott's hand on his arm stopped him from launching himself over the table at Bobby. He knew Scott was more concerned for their pup than Iceman so he let himself be pulled back down. "You wanna see how much of a man I am, Snowball?"

Bobby visibly paled and tumbled out of his chair onto the floor. “I’m sorry. I take it back. You’re all man! Man with a baby, got it!”

"Bobby, sit down and behave," Xavier said. He turned his attention back to Scott and Logan and tried to calm things down. "Congratulations."

“So everyone knows now,” Logan grumbled. “Just don’t say a word when I get fat.”

"I doubt you'll have to worry about that," Xavier replied. He glanced around at the people sitting around the table, making sure they understood him. This was going to be hard enough on Logan and Scott without anyone adding to it.

“So it is a girl, a boy or a Wolverine?” Bobby asked after a moment of silence.

Logan started to growl again and Scott quickly cut him off. "We don't know yet," he said. "It's still too early to tell."

Bobby managed to redeem himself a little when he said, “Well, at least she’ll have good daddies.”

"Thanks," Scott replied, blushing slightly. "Uh, Hank, how soon can we know if it's a boy or a girl?"

“Don’t wanna know,” Logan huffed.

"You don't?" Scott asked, surprised. "Why not?"

“Just gonna wait til they’re born,” Logan answered. “It’s natural that way.”

"Alright," Scott said. He didn't want to have this discussion with Logan with the entire team watching them. He would talk to his lover about it later. If he truly didn't want to know the sex then they would wait. Another thought suddenly occurred to Scott and he paled slightly. "Hank, are there any tests you can run to tell whether the baby's a mutant?"

“Mutants who breed together produce mutated offspring 99.9% of the time,” Hand said. “That’s one of the reasons many scientists don’t want us to reproduce.”

"Is Logan in any danger?" Scott asked. He hadn't even considered that their child might be a mutant like them. Not that he minded that, but he was concerned for his lover. Logan wasn't equipped to carry a child as it was, much less a potentially dangerous one.

“I think this is a conversation we should have in private,” Hank told them.

Scott nodded and stood up, pulling Logan to his feet with him. He could feel his insides starting to roil and berated himself for not thinking of this sooner. He wanted a child but not at the expense of his lover.

Hank led them to his office, which was far more comfortable than the infirmary. “Most mutant children don’t develop their powers until puberty. We will of course have to perform a caesarean section, that will minimize the risk.”

"*Most* mutant children," Scott repeated. "Hank, give it to me straight. What are the risks here?"

“There are documented cases of mutant babies being born with spikes or some other power such as that, proving fatal to the birth mother,” Hank told them.

Scott paled even more at the word fatal. He gripped Logan's hand as tightly as he could and swayed slightly. "What... what are the chances..." He couldn't get the words out. He couldn't ask Hank what the chances were that Logan might die.

“With Logan’s regenerative powers… none,” Hank told him truthfully. “It was probably one of the reason he was chosen for this particular experiment in the Weapon X project… creating the perfect soldiers who could reproduce within their own units.”

Scott breathed a sigh of relief then felt the room suddenly lurch. Before he knew it, he was on the floor looking up at the worried face of his lover and his friend. "What happened?"

“Ya wussed out, Slim,” Logan teased him gently.

"I what?" Scott asked, thoroughly confused. He didn't understand how he had ended up on the floor. A moment ago they'd been discussing Logan's condition and then he was here.

“You passed out,” Hank told him. “Probably from all of the shock and stress.”

"Sorry," Scott mumbled, embarrassed. He couldn't believe he'd passed out on Logan.

Logan was caressing his face softly. “Ya gonna do this on me when our brat’s born?”

"I hope not," Scott replied. "You'd never let me forget it."

*

“You’re not going on this mission, Logan,” Scott told him. “I don’t care how much you growl or huff, you’re not coming.”

"You ain't goin' without me," Logan told him stubbornly. He wasn't going to let Scott go off without him just because he was worried about the kid.

“It’s not just me,” Scott shot back. “Hank agrees with me.”

"Slim, do I look like I give a fuck what Hank agrees with?" Logan replied. "We're a team. If you go, I go. End of story. I ain't sitting here at the mansion like the little woman, waiting for her man to come home."

“It’s not like that,” Scott sighed. “But we have to think of the baby now. It’s too much of a risk.”

"Last time I checked, *I* was the one carryin' this kid," Logan snarled. "That means it's up to me to decide what I do and where I go."

Scott knew that look on Logan’s face. It meant that if Scott left without him, Logan would just go after him anyways. “If you go, you don’t fight. You’ll stay in the Blackbird.”

Logan didn't reply. He simply glared at Scott, his eyes conveying his anger. He was not going to let anyone tell him what to do, not even Scott. His lover would just have to get over this protective streak of his because Logan wasn't going to stay chained to the bed for the next five months.

“Logan, please?” Scott asked, nearly begging.

"Fine!" Logan snapped. "But I ain't yer wife and you need to remember that." Without waiting for a reply, Logan turned and stormed off. He knew he needed to cool down before his anger caused him to say something that couldn't be taken back.

They left for the mission in the Blackbird on schedule, but the team was spooked that Logan and Scott weren’t obviously getting along. “I don’t like the feel of this one,” Jean commented.

Scott glanced at his ex and frowned. "It's the same as any other mission," he said, fixing his eyes back on the horizon. "Nothing to worry about."

Those words came back to haunt Scott, as they often did. They ended up confronting a group of humans who were beginning to experiment with cyborg technology and the enhancements made them a stronger enemy that they had projected. They were also trying to be careful because most of the assailants were brainwashed young teenagers.

It was all Logan could do to say on the ship. He lurked by the hatch, his eyes trained on Scott. He tried to shout a warning when he saw one of them sneaking up behind his lover, but Scott never heard him. Just as a beam of energy shot out from the man, Logan launched himself out of the jet and onto the enemy.

When the battle was done, he had taken too many blows and was doubled over, clutching his belly. The pain was shooting deep in his abdomen and for the first time, he felt fear for his unborn child.

Unaware that Logan had even entered the fray, Scott slowly surveyed the area, checking each teammate for signs of serious injury. As he turned toward the ship, his eyes fell on the huddled form of his lover. "No," he whispered as white-hot fear slammed into him. He stood frozen for a second then he was racing to Logan's side and yelling for Hank.

“Somethings not right,” Logan managed to croak out to Hank. “Fix it!”

"Get a stretcher," Hank said to Bobby and Jean as he knelt down beside Logan. "Try to stay calm, Logan. We'll get you back to the mansion and figure out what's wrong."

Logan ground his teeth as the pain flashed through his body during the flight. “I’m gonna loose it, aren’t I?” he asked Hank.

"We don't know that yet," Hank said, trying to reassure him. It was important that Logan didn't simply give up. "We're almost there. Just hang on a little longer."

“I want it,” Logan said, his big hand over his slightly protruding belly. “Don’t wanna loose it.”

"I'll do everything I can," Hank promised. "Now try to be calm." As he hooked up various monitors to Logan, he glanced up toward the cockpit. Scott was flying the plane, taking the most direct route back to the mansion while trying to cause as little movement inside the plane as possible. This wasn't the first time he'd flown a seriously injured teammate, but it was the first time that teammate had been both his lover and the person carrying his child.

“I can’t feel it moving,” Logan said sadly once they were in the infirmary. “He was just starin’ ta move…”

"Do not assume the worst, my friend," Hank said. He quickly started an IV and pulled out the ultrasound equipment. It would be the fastest way to tell if the baby had suffered any damage in the fight. Hank hoped that Logan's own healing power had helped protect the fragile child but there was no way to be sure.

“You’re sure Logan can’t be hurt?” Scott asked, more worried for his lover then the child that was little more than thought now.

"I'm certain of it," Hank replied. He could understand Scott's concern. It was a harsh sentiment, but they could always have another child. There would be no replacing his lover if Scott lost him. "Perhaps it would be best if you waited outside. I'll let you know as soon as I have the results."

“No!” Scott snapped. “I won’t leave him.”

"I'm afraid I must insist," Hank said sternly. "I need to give Logan and the child my full attention. I'm sorry, but I can't have you distracting me. Please, Scott, wait in the other room."

“Get outta here,” Logan groaned softly. “I’ll get ya as soon as I can.”

Scott swallowed thickly and began backing away at Logan's words. Once he was back out in the waiting area, he turned and headed toward their room, ignoring the others when they called to him. He walked in a daze, the only thing he could think of was Logan's pain-filled voice telling him to get out.

*

Jean found Scott sitting on the floor, in a hallway with his back against the wall. He looked so damn lost and he was obviously in shock. She crouched down next to him and said softly, “I’m sorry.”

Scott looked at her and pulled his knees up to his chest. He wrapped his arms around them and laid his head down. "Nothing for you to be sorry for," he said. "I'm the one that let him go on the mission. If he loses the baby... it'll be my fault."

“He doesn’t blame you,” Jean assured him. “And something like this may not have been meant to be.”

"He'll hate me," Scott said. "If he loses his child, he'll know I'm to blame. I was team leader. His safety was my responsibility. If his baby dies... he'll never forgive me."

“He will not blame you,” Jean repeated. “He loves you and *your* baby.”

Scott didn't say anything else. He hurt inside too much to argue with Jean over this. Logan might not hate him now, but if the child died... Scott was terrified, both for his lover and their unborn child, as well as their future.

Suddenly Jean broke into a broad smile. “Hank’s broadcasting. The baby’s alive.”

Scott closed his eyes in relief, feeling as if a crushing weight had been lifted. "And Logan?" he asked carefully. "Is he going to be alright?"

“Yes, and I believe he’s swearing at Hank to get your ass back there,” Jean told him.

"Maybe I should stay here," Scott said. "Hank'll want him to rest, I'm sure. The less worked up he gets the better, right?"

“You’d better get there,” Jean corrected him. “Logan’s started to throw things.”

"Right. Okay." Slowly, Scott got to his feet, keeping one hand on the wall to steady himself. He felt like he was going to throw up but he swallowed several times and headed toward the infirmary.

When he got to the infirmary, he could hear Hank begging Logan to calm down. “If you don’t calm down, I’ll have to contemplate restraints!”

"That won't be necessary, Hank," Scott said in his best command voice as he walked into the room.

“Bout time ya got here!” Logan snapped. “Why’d ya leave in the first place?”

"You told me to get out," Scott replied. "I didn't think you wanted me here."

“I didn’t mean it,” Logan growled. “You should know that.”

Scott moved closer without comment. He sat down by the side of the bed and looked at his lover. "Are you in much pain?"

“No, but that damn asshole who passes as a doctor told me I gotta stay in bed!”

"You should listen to Hank. He knows more about this than anyone else is likely to. Do you want me to bring you anything? I could get you something to read, if you'd like."

“Get your ass over here,” Logan snapped. He was already calmer now that his mate was closer.

Scott moved the chair closer to the bed and gingerly took Logan's hand. "I'm sorry," he whispered, looking down at the floor to keep from looking at his lover.

“You’re not the one who’s gotta apologize,” Logan said. “If I had listened to ya…”

"No," Scott cut him off. "I'm team leader. It was my responsibility. I let you down and nearly got you and your child killed. Nothing I can say will ever... ever..."

“Our pup. Scott, shut up. I love ya,” Logan said in a hoarse voice.

"I love you, too," Scott choked out the words. "More than anything. When I saw you on the ground... I don't think I've ever been that scared in my life."

“I’m fine now,” Logan told him. “I’ll be more careful from now on. I promise.”

"Please, Logan... I'm not trying to control you or tell you what to do... but please... no more missions," Scott begged. He was gripping Logan's hand as tightly as he could. He had to make him understand. Scott didn't think he could go through that again.

“I’ll be monitoring ya every damn step of the way,” Logan warned him. “And the minute the pup is born…”

Scott let out a sigh of relief and laid his head down on the bed. His shoulders started to shake as tearless sobs worked their way out. Everything that he'd kept pent up inside since he'd found out Logan was pregnant finally came pouring out.




Several months later…

“He’s starting to get really… difficult,” Scott complained with a sigh.

"That's what happens when you're eight months pregnant," Jean said with a smile. "It's all part of the deal. His hormones are all out of whack. He can't help how he's reacting to things. If he were a woman, he'd at least have a little experience dealing with them but this is all new to him. He doesn't know how to handle it."

“But one minute he can’t let me out of his sight and the next he’s threatening to slice and dice me with his claws,” Scott continued to complain. “I don’t know any women who are as dangerous as he can be. And I won’t even mention the peanut butter and banana sandwiches.”

Jean put her arm around her ex and hugged him. "Oh, Scott," she said softly. "You have no idea how much I'd give to be in your shoes. You two are bringing a child into this world. I can't think of anything more wonderful."

“I’m just scarred at what kind of powers the baby will have,” Scott admitted. “Hank’s done research and it shows if two powerful mutants reproduce, then the likelihood is great that their child will also be powerful.”

"And I couldn't think of anyone I'd trust more to raise my child," Jean said. Scott had more experience with mutant youngsters than anyone with the exception of Xavier. He would make a wonderful father.

Scott was just about to start complaining again when Jean started laughing. He knew what that laugh meant. It meant that Logan was up to something again and Jean had sensed it again. “You’d better get back to your room, Scott. Sounds like Mr. Sunshine just woke up.”

"Can't I stay here for just a little longer?" he asked, aware he was whining. He just didn't feel like facing his mercurial lover with his quicksilver mood swings at the moment.

“He’s all yours,” Jean said, pushing him down the hall. “Come on, oh fearless leader.”

"You have no heart, do you know that, Jean?" Scott said. He turned around in front of her and grabbed her suddenly making her laugh out loud. It was nice to hear that sound again and to be the one causing it. Their break-up had been amiable but it had taken a while for them to become friends again. Scott was glad they had finally managed it.

Obviously Scott’s absence had perked Logan enough that he had gotten out of bed and gone in search of him. When he rounded the corner, he saw Jean and Scott hugging. “Fucking bastard!” Logan snapped.

Scott jumped away from Jean, startled by Logan's sudden outburst. He took one look at Logan and shoved Jean back down the hall. "Get out of here," he said, not taking his eyes off the enraged Wolverine in front of him.

“You smell like her,” Logan growled, extending his claws.

"Logan, stop," Scott said, blocking the hallway so Logan couldn't go after Jean. "You know Jean and I are friends. What's gotten into you?"

“You’re *my* mate,” Logan said dangerously. “Don’t want you around that female and breeding.”

"Breeding? Did you just say breeding? Get a fucking grip," Scott practically shouted. "I haven't slept with Jean since before she and I called it off. I never wanted kids with her. Never. You're the *only* one I ever wanted children with. Where the fuck do you get off accusing me of cheating on you?"

“You smell like her!” Logan shouted back irrationally. “She’s a female!”

"So that means I'm fucking her?" Scott yelled back just as loudly.

“It means you’re not with me, when I’m carrying your damn pup!”

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to *talk* to anyone else while you were pregnant." The sarcasm practically dripped from his words as he stood his ground angrily.

Logan was already to yell back in respond, when he felt a sudden, sharp pain in his belly. He clutched at his torso and nearly fell to his knees.

Scott rushed forward, catching him before he hit the floor and lowering him the rest of the way. He knew there was only one thing that would make Logan double over like that. Hank had told him the warning signs, just in case the baby came early. "Can you walk?" he asked, not wanting to leave him long enough to get Hank and a stretcher.

“Nah, I wanna tap dance to the infirmary, idiot!” Logan growled. He leaned heavily on Scott as he slowly started to walk.

"I could carry you, you know," Scott replied, still edgy from their earlier fight. He heard Jean in his head assuring him that Hank was already getting the infirmary ready and that she and the others would meet them there. "Jean says Hank's getting ready for us."

“Jean is one inch away from me wringing her pretty lil’ neck,” Logan groaned. “This shouldn’t hurt like this!”

"I doubt you could wring Bobby's neck at the moment," Scott replied. "Now shut up and help me get you to the med lab."

“This is all your fault,” Logan grumbled just outside of the med lab.

"Yes, it is," Scott said. "And once the baby's born you can beat the crap out of me for it." He half-dragged Logan the rest of the way, relieved to see Hank and Jean waiting by the doors for them.

“I’m killing him after the baby’s born,” Logan growled at them. “This isn’t natural!”

"Of course, it isn't natural," Jean said as she helped Hank and Scott lift Logan onto the examination table. "You're a man having a baby. What about that would possibly be natural?"

“You’re next on my hit list, woman!” Logan snapped. “And stop smiling at me.”

"What facial expression would you prefer?" Jean asked. "I'd frown, but then Scott would worry."

Logan was about to snap some scathing retort at her when he groaned in pain. “Get this fuckin’ thing outta me!”

"Scott, are you staying with Logan?" Hank asked as he began laying out instruments for the c-section. He was going to have to work quickly and without the benefit of anaesthesia, as Logan's body would simply counteract it.

“He’d better!” Logan snapped, glaring at Scott.

"I'm staying," Scott said as he moved up by Logan's head where he would hopefully be out of the way. He took both of Logan's hands in his and pulled them up and back to keep him from accidentally hurting anyone if his claws came out.

Scott tried not to watch as Hank took the scalpel and sliced across Logan's midsection. Hank and Jean worked quickly, holding the skin apart to keep it from healing up again. He grimaced when he saw Hank pull out something that looked like a large metal shoehorn and begin to pry up Logan's belly.

Jean looked up from the surgery just in time to see Scott pass out and hit the floor. “We’ll have to scrap him up after this is done,” she commented and returned to the procedure.

"Let's get this little one taken care of first, then we can worry about our fearless leader," Hank replied.

They finished the procedure quickly and Hank got Logan’s attention after he pulled the child out. “Are you ready to see your baby?” There would be no stitches needed afterwards, as Logan’s healing power would take care of that.

"Yeah," Logan said, staring down his body. "Wanna see him."

Hank pulled the baby onto Logan’s chest and announced, “It’s a girl.”

"A girl," Logan repeated. "Thought for sure the little shit would be a boy after all the trouble he's... she's... caused." Logan looked down at his daughter resting on his chest. Even covered in blood Logan thought she was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen... right down to her tiny little tail.

*

“I guess she gets the fangs, purple fur and tail from you,” Scott said, looking at his daughter.

"Don't count on it, Slim," Logan said. He was holding his daughter in his arms and attempting to get her to take a bottle. "After all, it's the daddy that passes on the mutant gene."

“I’ll have to admit the ears are kind of cute,” Scott said, reach out and tweaking the small floppy purple ears. “And the fur isn’t everywhere…”

"Only on the important parts," Logan said. "I'm surprised she had fangs this young. Figured she'd have ta grow into 'em."

“Teething is going to be a bitch,” Scott sighed. “I wonder if she’ll have any powers…”

"You mean other than the fur and tail?" Logan asked. "Probably. Makes me glad I ain't gotta breastfeed her, though."

“That would be just too… weird and disturbing,” Scott said. He watched as the baby followed the bottle with her unfocused eyes, and, instead of taking the nipple, tried to bite Logan’s finger. “Uh oh, looks like she’s got your temper.”

"My temper?" Logan repeated. "Think you got that backwards, Slim."

“Just because she has red hair…”

"Kinda glad her eyes ain't red," Logan said. "Know what I mean?"

“I’m told mine were blue,” Scott said, caressing the soft pudgy cheek. He also had to dodge her little fangs.

"Wish I could see 'em," Logan said. "Bet they look just like hers."

“We did good, Logan,” Scott said, shifting so he could kiss his lover. “I think we did real good.”

“Don’t go and get all mushy on me, Slim,” Logan said gruffly.

"I know you had your heart set on a boy," Scott said. "I don't think we even talked about any names for little girls." He stroked her cheek as he spoke, completely captivated by her.

“What in the hell do I know about lil’ girls?” Logan complained. He was also airing an insecurity of his.

"About as much as I do, but I think we'll start learning pretty quick," Scott assured him. "We're in this together, Logan. You don't have to be afraid. Now... what do you think about Katrina?"

“Cause she looks like a cat, eh?” Logan responded with an amused snort. “Kinda like that. Better to start callin’ her Kat now rather than wait ‘til she picks her own name… say something stupid like Cyclops…”

"I was just trying to stick to the animal theme... Wolverine," Scott smiled. "After all, Kat is quite appropriate since her mommy is a prickly little rodent."

“Lil’ rodent?” Logan huffed. “Damn wolverine is more like a bear, than a freakin’ beaver. Ya know they could take down a caribou or moose if they wanted to?”

"Uh huh," Scott said as patronizingly as he could. He was about to go on when Hank interrupted them.

"All right, you two. Enough of that," he said. "Logan, I'm afraid I'm going to have to take young Miss Katrina for a few moments."

“Didn’t think she was fussing…” Logan said, looking over at where Scott was holding him. “I thought they cried when they fussed. Ya holding her wrong?”

"She's not fussing and Scott is holding her just fine," Hank said as he took the infant. "I just need to check her over and draw a little blood. I also want to put her in the incubator for a few hours to make sure she stays warm enough. She was a alittle early, but even though she’s small, she’s healthy."

“Ya wanna poke my lil’ girl?” Logan started to growl. “I don’t think so!”

"I'm sorry, Logan," Hank said as he continued to carry Katrina to the other side of the room. "I wouldn't do it if it wasn't necessary. I know you don't want to put her health at risk."

“I thought ya said she was okay?” Logan said.

"From the cursory examination I've given her so far, she seems perfectly fine," Hank said. "But I need to check her over more carefully and I'm sorry but that includes drawing blood. If something *is* wrong, we might be able to catch it early enough to do something about it. The chance is remote, especially considering your healing factor, but I would be remiss in my duties to my patient if I didn't make sure." Hank knew Logan was still on an emotional roller coaster but he was not going to allow that interfere with his responsibility to the child. As Bobby would say, Logan would simply have to deal.

Logan agreed reluctantly, but when Hank actually pricked her foot to draw the blood and his daughter squealed in pain, the Wolverine lost it. He ended up putting his fist through the wall from pure frustration.

Scott wrapped his arms around Logan and pulled him back to the bed, both to keep him from attacking Hank and to keep himself from doing the same. It had hurt him just as badly when he'd heard his tiny daughter cry out in pain and it had taken everything he had to keep from rushing to her. "She's okay," he whispered over and over to Logan. "She's okay..."

“I’m gonna kill ‘im,” Logan growled. He didn’t really intend to kill Hank, but he sure as hell wanted to hurt Hank for hurting Katrina.

"No, you're not," Scott told him. "You're going to thank him for being the dedicated physician he is. He was willing to risk angering you to make sure our daughter is alright."

“Fine, I won’t kill ya right now, Blue,” Logan huffed.

"Thank you for your restraint, my friend," Hank replied as he finished weighing and measuring the infant. When he was finished he placed her into an incubator and wheeled her over next to Logan and Scott.

“It’s like she’s in a tiny lil’ jail,” Logan said, caressing the plastic. He said this even though she was already starting to fall asleep in the warmth. It brought back too many memories of being locked up in a tank during experimentations.

"She doesn't have to stay in it long," Hank told him. "Just for tonight. If all the tests come back normal, which I'm sure they will, she can go leave with you and Scott in the morning."

“All night? Then I’m not goin’ anywhere,” Logan announced.

"I didn't think you would be," Hank laughed. "You and Scott are both welcome to stay the night."




Several years later…

“Your daughter escaped again,” Logan sighed when Scott came into their suite. “She crawled right outta the window again.”

Scott sighed and looked over at Katrina who was currently sitting in the corner enduring a "time out". "I'd nail the damn thing shut if I wasn't worried about her being able to get out if she really *had* to."

“How many parents have to think about putting bars on their nursery?” Logan asked rhetorically. “She did all this cause I wouldn’t let her play with the big kids.”

"Katrina, come here," Scott said sternly as he sat down on the end of the bed.

Katrina trotted over, happy to be released from her time out. Her tail was swishing behind her, peaking out from under her yellow sundress. “Daddy wouldn’t let me play X-Men with the bigger kids. They gotta play in the Dangerroom!”

"Yes, they do," Scott said, his tone wiping the smile from her face. "And you will never get to play there if you don't start obeying the rules around here. If I catch you near that window again, I will put you over my knee. Do you understand me?" All he could picture was his beautiful daughter lying in a broken heap on the ground below their window.

“Daddy wouldn’t let you hit me,” Katrina announced, looking over at Logan confidentially. It was funny how the parenting roles worked out. Logan was Daddy and the indulgent and over protective parent, while Scott was Dad. Katrina knew Dad was the one who did all of the disciplining, while her Daddy would let her get away with almost anything.

"Daddy wouldn't get a say in it," Scott told her. "Now go back to your corner and don't come out until you can tell me you won't do it again and mean it." He spun her around and gave her a careful shove toward the corner, trying to let her know exactly how displeased he was.

Since her back was turned, Scott didn’t see her small brows furrow in a mirror image of Logan’s when he was pissed off. She looked over at the open window and then at the corner. Her mutant abilities allowed her to spring out of a second story window and land without injury. She could also scamper up walls, as they had discovered when she was a toddler. Katrina took off for the window, thinking only that she wasn’t going back into that corner.

Both of them lunged for her at the same time. Luckily, Logan was closer to the window than she was and his reflexes were lightning fast. He grabbed her out of midair and spun her back around to the centre of the room. "What the hell's the matter with you?" he shouted, fighting the urge to shake her. "You tryin' ta give us a heart attack?"

Some children would have cried at the image of an angry Wolverine, but Katrina had every bit her father’s temper and stubbornness. He tail flicked behind her angrily, always an echo of her mood. “M’not a baby!” she cried out.

Scott walked over to the pair and took Katrina out of Logan's hands. "Logan, go take a walk or something," he said with every intention of giving her the spanking he had threatened her with earlier. Logan would probably gut him for it later but he was determined to raise his child right.

Logan already knew that Scott wanted to spank her. It was one of the points they didn’t agree with when it came to parenting, but he knew better than to argue in front of their kid. Always present a united front before the enemy, even if it was a four year old with the temper of the Wolverine.

“Don’t think so, bub,” Logan said. “Think it’s time that Miss Katrina understands what happens when she doesn’t listen to her daddies. No toys. No TV. And definitely not gonna discuss gettin’ a pet kitty now.”

"Fine," Scott said, unwilling to argue about this yet again. Apparently Logan thought he was going to abuse their child if he spanked her. He set her back down and headed for the door, needing some space. "You find a way to make her listen, then."

“Katrina, go to your room and pack up all of your toys into the toy chest,” Logan told her. “Understand me, young lady?”

"Yes, Daddy," she said softly. She could tell her parents were angry with her and now with each other as well. She headed for her room with her tail down, cringing when she heard the door slam as her Dad went to go cool off.

*

“I can’t let anyone hit her,” Logan said to Scott. It was pretty easy to track his lover down. Whenever Scott was mad, he was either in the Dangerroom or tinkering around with his bike. “Not even you."

"So you've said," Scott replied without looking up from his bike. He picked up a wrench and began checking various bolts. "I'll let you handle the discipline from now on."

“I got the Professor watching her, in case ya wanted to know. She’s tryin’ to convince ‘Grandpa’ why she should be allowed to join the X-Men,” Logan said. “And you know I’ve never been that good at disciplining her and don’t ya think I was scared, too?”

Scott threw down the wrench and stood up to face Logan. "I know you were scared," he said then stopped. "Never mind. You're right, I overreacted. I won't do it again."

“I’m screwin’ this up again,” Logan sighed. A relationship with Scott wasn’t easy… nothing worth keeping was always work.

"You're not screwing anything up." In truth, Scott did feel that he had overreacted, but he was at his wits end as to how to get her to mind. "Let's just leave it for now, okay? You don't want me to spank her so I won't, end of discussion."

“I read some of those head shrinking books the Professor has,” Logan admitted. “Said spanking doesn’t work. She’s just such a handful…”

"Most of those books were written by people who don't even have kids," Scott said. "Come on, I'm tired. I'd like to lay down for a bit before dinner." He wasn't going to fight about this anymore. He would simply leave the disciplining to Logan from now on.

As Scott tried to pass by him, Logan reached out and simply laid his hand on Scott’s shoulder. “She’s too much like me, though I’m wondering if the temper didn’t come from you…” Logan said, then added, “Sure gets her looks from you.”

"I was thinking she got them from you," Scott said. He offered Logan a small smile and touched his cheek. "I love you. Nothing will ever change that."

“You’re saying she’s got the fur from me, aren’t ya?” Logan said, trying to lighten the mood between them. It was nice to know that they could disagree, even fight, but they would always love each other. “And I love ya, too,” he mumbled quickly afterwards.

Scott tugged on Logan's sideburn to prove his point. "Let's go back to our room then you can tell me that again, this time without the mumble."

“I think one of us needs to have a talk with Kat,” Logan said. “Didn’t think we’d have to do this until she was older…”

"I'll leave that to you," Scott said quickly. He wasn't sure what kind of talk Logan was referring to but, for the time being, he would let him handle their daughter.

Logan reached out and rubbed a spot of grease off Scott’s face with his fingers. “We gotta tell her that just because she’s got powers, doesn’t mean she should use them. Like just because she can jump out a window or climb up walls, doesn’t mean she should…”

"Agreed," Scott replied. He had a feeling it was going to take more than a lecture from her Daddy to get the point across, however.

“She doesn’t listen to me too well,” Logan said. “I might be too much of a softie when it comes to her.”

"I doubt if she'll listen to me any better," Scott told him. "Do you want me to go collect her from the Professor?"

“Yeah,” Logan admitted. “I’ve got some toys to lock up for at least a day.”

"I'll go get her and meet you back at our rooms then." Scott kissed him goodbye and headed for Xavier's study to pick up his daughter. He doubted if Logan would be able to stick to his punishment even for a day, but he wasn't going to interfere.

When Scott came down the hall, he could already hear Katrina’s loud voice as she argued with the Professor. She had adopted the man as a grandfather and she had Xavier wrapped around her little finger. “Grandpa! Can I at least have a uniform?”

"We'll see, my dear," Xavier replied indulgently. "But I believe your father is here for you now. Scott, might I have a word with you please?"

Scott heard Katrina whisper to Xavier. “Can I have a candy before Dad sees, Grandpa?”

"Of course," Xavier replied, slipping her a piece of candy from his pocket. "Now be a good girl and go wait by the door. I need to speak with your father for a moment."

She jumped up easily onto the desk and gave Xavier a kiss. Then she grabbed the book he had been reading and jumped back onto the floor. “I’ll just read,” she informed them, carrying the large tome. She liked to pretend she could read whatever her grandfather was, even though she could only make out rudimentary words.

Scott watched as Katrina settled herself on the couch then walked over to Xavier. "You wanted to talk to me," he said. He had a feeling he already knew what this was about and bristled at the interference.

“I agree with Logan,” Xavier said simply. “I’m surprised that you would even consider a spanking.”

"Charles... Father... you know I respect your opinion but how we raise our daughter isn't open for debate," Scott said as tactfully as his rising temper would allow. "I believed, and still do, that her actions warranted that level of correction."

“Would you spank any of the other students?” Xavier responded calmly.

"She isn't a student, she's my daughter," Scott responded. "And if their actions warranted it and there were no other parental figures, then yes, I would."

“You know we don’t allow physical punishment at this school,” Xavier said. “You always supported it before. I think you’re letting your fear override your rationality.”

"Yes, sir," Scott replied briskly. "Is there anything else you wanted or may I take my daughter back to her room now?"

“Yes,” Xavier sighed and added. “Just remember I never hit you to correct you, no matter what you did and you turned into a wonderful young man."

"Right," Scott snorted sarcastically. No, Xavier hadn't hit him but he hadn't needed to. Certain things had already been drilled into Scott from a very young age. He knew Xavier would never understand so he simply turned away. "Katrina, time to go."

The beautiful thing about a child’s mind that it could forget the past and live in the moment. Katrina had been oblivious to their near argument and beamed at Scott. “Dad!” she answered excitedly, pointing at the book in her lap. “I was reading about DNA.” Of course, it was the only thing she was able to really take away from the book, because she knew her alphabet.

"That's good, honey," Scott replied without the normal enthusiasm he showed when his child tried to excel. "You can leave the book on the table. Daddy's waiting for us."

Katrina frowned and the brightness in her eyes dropped away. “You’re mad at me.”

"No," Scott sighed. "I'm not angry with you. Now let's go." All he wanted was to get back to the relative peace of their rooms. He would let Logan handle the discipline from now on and there would be no further need for a lecture on child rearing.

Katrina’s tail tucked between her legs as she followed Scott down the hall. “Just wanted to be an X-Men like you and Daddy.”

"I'm sure one day you will be," Scott told her as they walked. "Hopefully, by the time you're old enough, there won't be a need for the X-Men."

“But I wanna train with the bigger kids,” Katrina protested. “I can do stuff that they can do and there’s no one else to play with. They don’t make fun of me.”

"Who makes fun of you?" Scott asked, turning to look down at his daughter.

“I’m not stupid like a lil’ baby,” Katrina said. She was now playing with the end of her tail. “I know I can’t go to the playground cause I look funny. Daddy won’t let me go anymore…”

"You don't look funny," Scott said. "You look exactly how you're supposed to look. But your Daddy is right, it isn't safe for you to go to the playground." Scott held open the door to their rooms and ushered Katrina inside. He understood how lonely being a mutant could be but that still didn't excuse her blatant disregard of their rules.

“I put all of my toys away,” Katrina said to Scott, trying to make him not be mad at her anymore. “Even my Miss Kitty. You can keep Miss Kitty if you won’t be mad at me anymore.”

"I already told you, Katrina, I'm not mad at you," Scott said. "I'm going to lay down for a little while. I think Daddy wants to talk to you."

Usually Katrina was the centre of Scott’s world and he just walked away from her. Her bottom lip started to jut out and she started to cry.

Logan was beside her in an instant, kneeling down and taking her into his arms. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" he asked worriedly, wondering what could have happened to make his little girl cry.

“Dad doesn’t love me anymore!” Katrina cried out dramatically.

"Oh Kat, honey, you know that ain't true," Logan tried to console her. "Your Dad loves ya more than anything in the world."

“No,” she wailed. “I was a bad girl. Now he doesn’t love me anymore!”

"Just cause you did something wrong doesn't mean your Dad doesn't love you," Logan tried to reason. He could tell she wasn't simply showing out. Katrina truly believed that her Dad didn't love her anymore and Logan was at a loss as to how to comfort her.

“What’s wrong?” Scott asked from the doorway of the bedroom. He had tried to ignore Katrina’s crying, waiting for Logan to comfort her, but his heart made him give in.

Katrina only cried harder and Logan looked at his lover at a loss. "She thinks you don't love her no more," he said.

“Katrina, sweetie, I already told you I’m not mad at you,” Scott said, trying to reason with a four year old.

"I'm sorry, Dad... I'm sorry..." she cried, wiggling free of Logan's arms and running to Scott. She threw her arms around his legs and held on as tight as she could. Tears poured down her face as she continued to cry. "I'll be good. I will. I pr-pr-promise..."

“Oh sweetie,” Scott crooned. He ran his hand over her hair and kissed her tear stained cheek. “I was just so worried about you. You’re too young to put yourself in danger like that.”

"Won't do it again," she cried, still clutching at him. "Please don't go away."

“Why would you think, I’d go away?” Scott asked gently. “I love you and your Daddy.”

"I he-he-heard some of the other ki-kids talking... they said their mommies and da-daddies sent them here... when they were b-b-bad..."

“Their mommies and daddies didn’t understand what special children they had,” Scott told her. “None of you have been bad, you just have to learn to control it.”

"If I promise not to ever do it again... will you love me then?" she asked, wide-eyed.

“I’ll love you no matter what you do,” Scott said forcefully.

She looked up at him as if trying to decide if she believed him or not. "I love you, Dad," she said, hugging him tightly again. "I promise not to make you mad ever again."

Scott exchanged a smile with Logan over Kat’s shoulder. “I know you’ll try not to,” Scott said.

*

Scott kept a close eye on his daughter over the next several days. He could tell she was doing her best to behave, keeping her room picked up and acting "angelic". When Scott found her doing her best to keep from throttling a much older student, he calmly stepped in and took Kat aside. He didn't reprimand her, noting how she had actively tried to keep her temper in check.

"So, you want to tell me what he did to make you so mad?" he asked as he carried her toward their rooms.

“He called Daddy my Mommy,” Katrina said quietly.

Scott had to stifle the urge to laugh. He knew Logan would appreciate it even less than Kat did, so he made a mental note to tell him about it later. Scott considered trying to explain it for a moment then changed his mind. Katrina was way too young to understand and he would just end up confusing her. "I'll have a word with him," he said instead then paused outside their door. "But for right now, I have a surprise for you."

Logan had given in after a day and a half and given Katrina back her Miss Kitty doll. She was clutching it and looked at Scott. “Daddy didn’t shave again, did he?” Katrina asked, remembering the time she had decided to give him a haircut and chopped half of his muttonchops off. He had to shave them off and Katrina had cried saying Daddy looked funny.

"No," Scott assured her. "Daddy didn't shave. You'll like this surprise. At least, I hope you will. Now close your eyes." He waited until her eyes were squeezed shut then carried her into the room. There, sitting in the middle of his and Logan's bed, was a kitten.

Katrina still had her eyes closed when she whispered under a breath. “A kitty, Dad! A kitty!”

"I guess you can open your eyes," Scott laughed, setting her down on the bed beside the kitten. It was a little orange tabby that he'd gotten from the local animal shelter. The kitten had been a bit shy around him but it ran straight to Katrina.

Katrina started to babble to the kitten happily, cuddling it to her chest. “She says she misses her mommy,” Katrina commented.

Scott started to dismiss her statement as nothing more than childhood fancy but something about the way Katrina acted with the kitten stopped him. "Kat, can you really understand the kitten?"

“Uh huh, can’t you?” Katrina answered. She held up the cat to Scott’s face and it softly batted at his visor.

"No, honey, I can't," he replied. He was stroking the kitten's head when Logan walked in and he quickly shooed Kat and her new kitten into her room.

“Looks like she can at least talk to cats,” Scott told him when they were alone.

"Don't know if that's good or bad," Logan said.

“She’s our special little girl,” Scott said, coming forward to kiss Logan.

Logan kissed him back hungrily and began moving them toward the bed. He knew Kat wouldn't come out of her room until they called her. "Love ya, Slim," he murmured between kisses. "Don't tell ya that near enough."

“Logan…” Scott murmured.

“She’s busy playing in her room,” Logan said, starting to kiss Scott’s neck. “She can’t here us. It’s been a while…"

Giving in, Scott grabbed Logan and turned him toward the bed, following him as he pushed him down onto it. "You have no idea how badly I want you," he said as he attacked Logan's neck. Logan was right, it had been awhile and they needed this.

“Time for red light, green light sex,” Logan laughed. Scott had always been tense about having sex when Katrina was awake, but with Logan’s sense of hearing, he’d be able to monitor her.

"I don't think so," Scott purred as he nipped Logan's ear. "For once, Kat better stay in her room or she's gonna get more of an education than we planned."

Until managed to get pregnant, some people just assumed that the Wolverine always topped in this relationship. What they didn’t realize what that this was a relationship of equals. “Don’t forget the condom,” Logan said, not bothering to be subtle.

Scott picked up the box of condoms and lube and returned to the bed. He looked pointedly at Logan then threw the box over his shoulder to land somewhere near the dresser.

“What? Ya just wanna sixty-nine or somethin’?” Logan asked. When Scott got like this, he usually wanted to fuck, but Logan was up for anything. He cock nearly hurt and he massaged it through his pants.

"No," Scott said as he pulled off his clothes. Once he was naked, he crawled onto the bed until he loomed over Logan. "I want to fuck you but I'm not wearing a condom when I do it."

“I thought we discussed this…” he started and then clued in. With a raised eyebrow, he said. “Ya always said you didn’t want another kid.”

"I changed my mind," Scott told him. He began working on Logan's clothes, wanting his lover naked. "How could I not want to fill your belly up with another child? Only question is, will you let me?"

Logan smiled at his lover. “Another pup around here would be good,” he answered truthfully. “Just remember how much you love when I’m trying to kill you a few months in or after we’re done fucking for saying you’d fill up my belly.”

"That's one thing I never forget," Scott replied. "Think this time we could make a boy?"

“Might just have to keep tryin’ til we have one,” Logan countered.

"I like the sound of that," Scott replied as he captured Logan's mouth once more.



END.