Title: Magical Mutants

Author: Kate R.

abelard950@aol.com

Fandom: X-men/HP

Disclaimer: So not mine.

Rating: PG-13 to R I think to be safe.

Summary: Anyone ever notice that Banshee has red hair?


Magical Mutants
by Kate R
.

Sean Cassidy, known as Banshee to his friends on the X-Men flew at a supersonic speed from where he'd been dropped off by Storm less than an hour ago. She would join him at his destination soon enough. Sean did not have time to waste on cabs or carriages. The owl had been desperate. So, here he was, pushing his 'Scream' to its utmost and flying low so he didn't get spotted.

Finally he saw the castle and he slowed down a bit. Best not to overshoot. Not that he ever had before but he didn't want to take any chances.

Something gold flashed out of the corner of his eye and he reacted, grabbing it on instinct. It was the golden snitch but he did not see any players so he wondered why it was out. Sighing, he shook his head and landed easily on the grass outside the castle doors. The deputy headmistress met him there.

"Sean Cassidy," she said as she hugged him. "It's been a time since we saw you last."

"Well, ye know how it goes fer us Cassidy's. Actually, t' be honest wit' ye, Professor McGonnogall, I was tired after the War. So, the owl sounded desperate. What's happened?"

"Two of your sister's children have manifested powers here at the school. We think Percy's may have manifested over the summer but Ginny's manifested here. We don't know how to teach them, Sean. We were hoping you would perhaps stay and help them? Just for little while?"

Sean looked around the school and grounds and had a feeling he would be needed here.

"Very well, Professor McGonnogall," he told her as he turned to go into the school with her. "I will stay and help. Oh, by the way, this was out. Not sure why but I'm fairly sure it belongs to you."

And he handed her the Snitch and she smiled. Sean had been Seeker before James Potter. He'd given James that slot and taken over Keeper though because he was broad enough in the shoulders to handle that one. He'd also been Head Boy, just as his nephew Percy now was. Sean sighed and gestured for her to take him to his niece and nephew and she nodded and led him into the school and through the hallways. He saw lunch in the dining hall but he somehow knew the ones he was here to see were not there.

"Can ye tell me anything about their powers professor?" he asked as they walked.

"Percy has powers like yours," she said as they walked, Sean still in his uniform. He'd change later. "Ginny is, I think the word is, telekinetic? I am hoping you can help them, Sean. We didn't know anyone else to call."

"I'll do my best," he told her. "Oh....two other teachers from the school I teach at will be arriving. You'll know them when you see them." He was quiet for a moment. "I know James' boy is here,' Sean said softly. "Has Percy's power twisted like mine did?"

"No," McGonnogall said.

"Thank Gods," Sean whispered as they got to the door.

McGonnogall nodded and led Sean into the infirmary where he saw two redheads sitting alone, away from any others.

"Percival, Virginia," he called. Both of them turned to look at him.

"Uncle Sean!" Virginia, called Ginny, cried as she ran and threw herself into his arms.

"It's all right lass," he soothed. "I'm here now. I'll help ye. Percy? We're going to work on your powers soon. Ye've the same as I do so I should be able to teach you. I taught my daughter after all."

"What's going to happen to us, uncle Sean?" Percy asked. "We can't...we have to learn our magic and..."

"And ye will," Sean comforted. 'I'll be staying here to teach you all. Perhaps have some of my associate come in if we run into something I can't figure out. Logan and Ororo should be here soon. Percy, the best thing for the power you have is not to scream at all. I'll teach ye how to control the power of the scream after ye've had something to eat and a good night's rest. Ginny, yer power will take some time to learn. Ye cannot lose your temper. Ye cannot get so angry ye want to throw something because your power will cause you to do so. And ye've got to control yer anger at anyone around you. It's a hard power ye've gotten, I know. Both of ye have hard powers, but I'll teach ye and some of m' friends will come an' help. Now, are you hungry?"

"Yes, Uncle Sean," Ginny said. Percy nodded so Sean inclined his head. He led them out of the infirmary, heading back towards the great hall, and they walked with him. Tomorrow, he began training them to use their powers. Tomorrow.

**********

Before tomorrow, however, was dinner. Sean led Ginny and Percy into the dinning hall where the rest of their house was. All the children in the house Gryffindor looked relieved to see them back.

"Uncle Sean," one of the two identical ones said.

"Frederick," Sean said in greeting. "George, Ronald. You must be Harry. No one else could look that much like James and not be his son. And you are?"

"Hermione Granger," the bushy blond girl said. "You're in Hogwart's: A History. You're the first Mutant Wizard and your Death Wail was told to be a great asset in the War."

"It served its purpose," Sean said. "Now, Fred, where is your mum this week? I've some things I'm needing to discuss wit' her."

"Like her not owling as soon as Percy manifested?" Fred asked.

Sean nodded and he winced in pity for their mother. "Do we need to plan a funeral?"

"No," Sean said. "I'm angry but I'm not that angry. I'll be teaching these two...Make that three, Ron, make a wall and put it up. It'll make the voices quiet. And if you two have any powers like this I need to know. I'm thinking I'll be testing everyone at this school. Mutations can be in wizards of any family. I'm living proof."

"And you're a pure blood too," Dean Thomas said.

Sean raised an eyebrow. "Pure blood is an oxymoron, lad," Sean told the boy. "No family has wholly Pure Blood no matter what they may say. If they did they'd have no magical potential. It'd have been bred out by now."

"Says you," a snide, female voice said from behind.

Sean turned to the Slytherin table and raised an eyebrow at the pug-faced girl who'd spoken. "Says basic genetics, m'dear," Sean told her. "That's why yer so weak magically."

"I'd rather be a weak witch than a freak like those Weasleys. I mean, they should be dead. Refusing to share their power with the rest of the pure blood families. It's selfish and..."

Fred slowly got to his feet and looked down at her. "You have to be born with these powers you stupid twat," he said. "You can't take them magically. Your precious Dark Lord tried it with uncle Sean and it nearly killed him. And Percy and Ginny are not freaks you jealous little bitch. They have more power than you can ever hope to and you hate that. So, warning here, little girl, Don't insult our family. We'll get you in a way you'll never expect if you do."

"Lads," Sean said gently. "Let it go. "Ate, she is jealous and afraid and unfortunately for her, can't do anything about it. So, let me see here. Dinner first, then bed or homework and then bed and then tomorrow, it being Saturday, we'll work out a training schedule. Percy, I want you to be careful when I'm working with you. James was a catalyst in a second mutation to muh power and I'm afraid Harry will be the same. My Sonic Scream went from being a weapon to being a true Death Wail. I'll be teaching you that as well."

Percy nodded and ate his food. He was terrified, Sean could see.

But Sean would tech him not to fear the power and in fact to use it to save lives, just as he now did. Not an easy thing to do, but necessary. Very necessary.

"Yo, Irish," A voice called.

Sean chuckled as he looked towards the door where Storm was floating in and Logan was walking behind her.

"Allo Logan, 'Ro, welcome to Hogwarts. I'll explain everything tonight after the kids are in their dorms. Thinking there will be a staff-meeting headmaster? Allo Remus."

"Indeed, Sean," Albus Dumbledore said. "After curfew there will be a staff meeting to discuss things. Sean, could we call on you to help teach some of the regular students as well? You were the best in some classes in your year."

"If'n I've time, sure. 'Ro, could ye tell Charles I'm going to need him and Tracy? Him because Ron there is a telepath and Tracy because she needs to learn her magic."

"Of course, Sean," Storm said. "I'll send word to him. Lets see this school of yours. You talk about it as if it's home to you."

"It was," Sean said. "It may still be. That remains to be seen."

And he sat and joined his niece and nephews for dinner. Logan and Storm also joined them and they ate. Harry watched the man who'd known his father and Hermione watched the man known as The Bane Sidhe to the Death Eaters in the War. To have him here, where she could question him about his powers and their effects on things like the Demeanors was a wondrous opportunity.

Now, if she could just find a way to talk to him.

*********

After Curfew, all the adults assembled in the Staff Room. Sean leaned against a table still in his black leather X-Men uniform. He did not normally wear it this long but time had been of the essence. Storm and Wolverine were also still in uniform, leaning against the walls watching and waiting.

Finally, the last teacher arrived: Severus Snape.

"Cassidy," he sneered.

"Still as cheerful as ever, aye, Sev?" Sean returned with a slight smile. Snape scowled and Sean chuckled. "Now, lets be getting on with this."

"How many students do you think are mutants as well as Witches and Wizards?" Snape asked.

Sean sighed. "I'm not sure. I'll be testing to see who needs what while I'm here. May have to call the others of my school here, which means you'll be having regular mutants here as well. We do not discriminate between magic and Muggle in mutants. And if you do then you aren't the people I thought you were."

Dumbledore stared and then slowly nodded. If Sean were willing to come here then they would have to accommodate his needs as he was accommodating them by even coming. He'd retired from their world after the last war, asking only to be left in peace, and here they were dragging him back into it. They all knew a War was coming because everyone in this room knew Lord Voldemort was not dead and likely would rise again.

Sean knew it too, by the look in his eyes. He knew he'd have to use his power here again and they knew it would not be the partial that he used in the Muggle world. No, to be effective against the dark wizards, Sean would have to use a full on Death Wail. And they knew that frightened him. Sean was always wary of his full power.

Now,Albus Dumbledore was afraid, his family in the Muggle world, this group of mutants Sean had joined, was going to find out why.

"Excuse me," a voice said from the fireplace and they saw Scott carrying Professor Xavier out and Peter, Rogue, bobby and Tracy follow. Peter had the professor's chair. After them came Jubilee, Jamie, Kitty and finally, all the other students filed in. Professor Flitwick led the children out immediately, taking them to rooms they could sleep in. Professor Xavier was set in his regular wheelchair and he moved himself to the table.

"I do apologize for interrupting your meeting," he said. "But if we are to help, we need to know things. Sean, what did you do when you were here during this war? Why do they look to you to do it again? Certainly your power is formidable but I do not understand how you could have done..."

"You've never seen muh father's power at it's fullest," Tracy Cassidy said from her father's side. "It's quite a bit more than you realize. Da', they need to know. Whether or not you use your power like that ever again they need to know why ye've never used it to its fullest in their presence."

Sean looked at Dumbledore and nodded slowly.

"Tell them if'n ye like," he said. "I've got other things to worry about now."

Dumbledore nodded and gestured for the older students who had remained to take seats.

"There was in our world a very evil man named Tom Riddle who became Lord Voldemort. He wished to destroy everyone not a pure blooded wizard. In this school, I accept everyone, pure blood or not. Sean was one of the greatest Aurorors we ever had. One night, Voldemort sent his followers here to kill all the Muggle born children and all those who did not agree with him. Sean was here that night. I'm not sure why. Anyway, when the attack came, Sean went up to the parapet after telling us to keep all the children indoors and out of the way. He used his sonic Scream I believe you call it and then, he went up an octave higher than anyone had ever heard him go before. And he changed. He changed from someone who had a cry like a Banshee to an actual Banshee Lord. He screamed and it became in mid note an actual Death Wail. Many Death Eaters died that night. And, as long as he wailed, nothing could touch this school. I have a feeling that he will have to do it again. You must understand though that the power he has is not one to be used in just any circumstance. Sean always demands a true reason to use that Wail. To use the power beyond the scream, because he will take lives with it and that is something he has never done lightly."

"Sean," Professor X said. "Is that the reason you wont go as high as I know you can?"

"It is," Sean said. "Charles, I've no idea which note causes the train or if it's need or if it's a pitch or what. I just know it kills. And I have never wanted to kill someone because that is not your dream. In War I will kill. In lifeā€¦ah, in life I try not to. And The Death Wail...My alternate state...that is not a power I will use unless something worse than bad happens. Then and only then will I use it. And there will be hell to pay should I ever have to use it in New York. Now, I'm tired, we're all tired, so I suggest we all get some rest. Tomorrow we begin seeing who is a mutant and who is not. Then we begin the training process and working training into their school."

Xavier nodded and they were all shown rooms.

"Tracy," Sean said. "You need to be sorted, luv. Ye'll need to learn to use your magic. I waited until now because the per you have is similar to mine and I did not want you getting dragged into anything you did not want to be in."

Tracy nodded and Sean told the headmaster they would sort her the next morning. And then, they all went to bed. As Sean had said, it had been a long day. And they were all tired.


END PART 3