Damaged 2: Chrysalis

by Morgana

Email: morganalebeau@yahoo.com

Fandom: X-Men

Parings: Remy/Jono

Rating: NC-17 for adult themes and content.

Disclaimer; Gambit and X-Men is (c)copyright of Marvel Comics. No copyright infringement is intended.

Note: This story is dedicated to Rebop. I couldn't have written it without her help!

Status: This is the sequel to Damaged.

Summary: Jono and Remy explore the extent of their love and Jono learns how to control his powers. The team is reunited and Remy has to face Rogue

 

Damaged 2 Chrysalis

by Morgana

 

Logan was pacing Bobby's room, blaming himself from letting things spin out of control. He should have told Bobby 'no' after they'd made love that second time, but once Bobby had realized that he was still hard, his lover had insisted on doing it again... and again. After the fourth time, Bobby had been exhausted and his eyes had turned big, seeing that Logan was still hard! Logan had put an end to it then, again explaining to his drained lover that his healing power renewed his erection constantly.

When Bobby had admitted to feeling sore Logan had offered to walk his lover to Hank's office, but Bobby had declined, feeling more comfortable going alone. Smelling Bobby's scent, he realized that his lover was on his way back and Logan went in to the bathroom, filling the tube with warm water.

"Uh, Logan? You still here?" Opening the door and seeing the empty room, Bobby feared Logan had left.

"I'm in the bathroom. Come and join me." Logan poured some bubblebath in to the water, creating a nice mountain of bubbles.

Hesitantly, Bobby shuffled inside. "Hank knows what happened, man..." He presented the ointment to Logan and then glanced at the bath tub. "Is that for me?"

"Yeah, take yer clothes off. I'm so sorry for not puttin' a stop to it sooner..." Logan unbuttoned Bobby's shirt and slid it from his shoulders. Then he unzipped his lover's jeans and slid them down as well. "Step out of the boxers." Although he'd made sure that Bobby wasn't bleeding after their love making, he knew he'd done some damage. "I should have stopped ya after takin' ya up 'gainst the wall."

"No regrets, Logan. You gave me what I wanted. I just need to keep in mind that I don't have your healing powers." Bobby shivered, standing naked in front of his lover.

Logan waited for Bobby to step in to the bath tub and then sat on its side. Leaning in closer, he began to massage Bobby's shoulders. "It ain't yer fault that I stay hard, darlin'. Ya don't have to get me off 'gain and 'gain."

"Yeah, I know..." Bobby sulked and was surprised when Logan took hold of the shampoo bottle and washed his hair. "This feels nice though, the warm water."

"And later we'll apply some of that ointment Hank gave ya." Logan rinsed Bobby's hair. "Feelin' betta?"

"Stop me the next time I want to act out a fantasy? This one nearly killed me. I so hope that no bad guys are going to launch an attack right now." Logan wrapped a towel around Bobby's head and dried his hair. "You're spoiling me."

"Ya deserve to be spoiled. Four times... If I'd been in my right mind it would never have gotten out of control like that! And what was that role playin' 'bout? Ya got fantasies 'bout...?"

"You pinning me down and taking me, yes, yummie..." Bobby smiled and looked at Logan. "Don't worry... I'll tone it down. I just didn't know it could feel that good! What was your favorite position?" Logan's hands returned to massage his shoulders and Bobby relaxed completely.

"What was yers?" Logan bowed down and pressed a kiss on Bobby's moist hair, loving the scent of his lover pushing through the shampoo.

"I don't know..." Bobby considered the question. "I liked doggy style, man. That was intense... On my back was okay too, got to see your face... On my side was my least favorite position, didn't get to see you and I didn't feel you fully inside me so... I'd be up against the wall." He remembered how Logan had wrapped his legs around his waist, fully supporting him. "Yes, that was... "

Logan didn't give Bobby a chance to finish his sentence. "Don't grow hard on me, kid. Ya ain't up for 'nother round."

"Uhm, Logan, I'm up already, sorry to disappoint you." Bobby grinned and pointed at his erection which was still visible through the bubbles and foam.

"Down, boy!" Logan shook his head. "Nothin' is gonna happen, not until ya healed inside."

"You're still grumpy!" Bobby splashed some water at Logan.

"Stop behavin' like a brat, Drake!" But Bobby's smirk told him that his lover was truly enjoying himself.

"Water's getting cold. I need to get out." Bobby stood and gave Logan a wink when the older man licked his lips at the sight of his naked body. "Down, boy! Behave!"

"Not fair. Yer usin' my words 'gainst me!" Logan grabbed some large towels and wrapped them around Bobby. He rubbed his lover's skin dry and then draped a bath robe across his shoulders. "Get into bed, Drake..."

"Oh yes!" Bobby tried to make a run for the bed, but then realized he still felt sore. He slowed down and laid down on his stomach, cradling his pillow in his arms. "I could sleep forever."

Logan took hold of the tube and opened it. He squeezed a general amount onto his fingertip and sat down on the side of the bed. "How do ya wanna do this? On yer back?"

"Do what?" Bobby looked over his shoulder and found that Logan was rubbing the ointment between his fingertips, warming it. "Oh, I'll just need a pillow..." Bobby pushed a pillow beneath his hips and was about to get on to all fours when Logan stopped him.

"Just relax, Bobby." Logan gently rubbed Bobby's back and waited for his lover's body to relax. When it did, he parted Bobby's buttocks and pushed the ointment inside. His finger followed slowly and he lubricated the irritated passage. "Yer ain't torn..." He didn't smell blood and his fingertip didn't feel any tears. "Out of practice, huh?"

"I'm going to get you for this. You know that, don't you?" Bobby felt relieved when Logan finally removed his finger. "Feels better already."

"Good." Logan wiped the excess ointment off of his finger and kneeled on the bed beside his lover.

"Hey, what's that?" Bobby cocked his head and found that Logan was spreading lotion over his back. "Another massage? Yeah..." Boneless, he surrendered to Logan's talented hands.

"Just enjoy the ride, kid." Logan kneaded the tense muscles. "Any more fantasies ya wanna try?"

"Not right now, wolfie..." Dozing off, Bobby's eyes closed.

"Kids today... got no stamina!" Logan sat down and rested his back against the headboard. After pulling Bobby close to his chest he covered his lover with blankets. Yer a gift, Bobby, a precious gift and I promise I'll never forget just how precious. But ya've got to tone it down, Bobby... fantasies are only fun when they are fantasies...

///

Jono was watching Remy sleep. They lay facing each other and had both wrapped their arms tight around each other's waist. Fascinated, Jono observed the rapid eye movement beneath Remy's eyelids. He was keeping any nightmares at bay so it had to be a pleasant dream the Cajun was experiencing. He almost gave in and peeked at Remy's dreams, but decided that would be rude. Remy was entitled to some privacy.

His right hand snuck up behind Remy's back and tangled in the Cajun's long locks. The silk hair sent a shiver through his body and he wished he still had lips to press a kiss on to a strand. Next were Remy's eyelashes, long and full. Jono could easily lose himself in studying the Cajun's features.

His finger traced Remy's cheekbone and came to rest on a full bottom lip, exploring the soft tissue. Yer beautiful, luv. Luv... they were finally lovers now, at least Jono hoped so. His love had pulled the empath from his coma and Remy had admitted to loving him too. So why did he feel like his problems weren't over yet? Probably because they weren't.

Remy was still in a lot of emotional pain and now that he knew how sadistically Sinister had treated the Cajun, Jono tried to repress the dark rage burning inside his mind. At times like these, it tried to surface, but holding on to Remy's love for him usually made it go away.

Remy moved and his hand slipped a little lower, now resting on the Cajun's hip. Remy's scent had become familiar and drifted up his nostrils. Jono gently caressed Remy's cheek, feeling the fine stubble beneath his fingertips. Remy needed a bath, to wash his hair and a good shave.

How long have you been lookin' at me, cher?

Huh? When did yer wake up? He hadn't felt Remy's mind stir.

Remy opened his eyes and smiled weakly at Jono. Can' believe we're back in my bed... toget'er. Shyly, he raised his right hand and fingered Jono's locks. Jono, you should know... I don' t'ink I've ever been wit' a man 'fore... not dat I can remember. He fought the urge to lower his eyes and maintained eye contact.

Jono felt it was time to confess up. I 'ave been with men... struggled with me sexuality for some time. I liked girls, but then I found I liked blokes even better.

Den at least one of us has some experience. A weak blush settled on Remy's features. I don' t'ink I'm ready... you know... to have sex. He really didn't want to disappoint Jono, but he was still trying to deal with Sinister and Rogue and the trial and... The list didn't seem to end.

I know yer ain't ready, luv and that's okay. I can wait. I love 'oldin' yer, so don't worry about sex. It will 'appen once we're ready. Jono continued to caress Remy's face and his hand froze briefly when Remy leaned in to the touch, rubbing his face against his fingers.

Don't grow 'ard, don't grow 'ard. Jono kept up the mantra and his arousal faded. Wot do yer want ter do? Stay in bed all day or...?

I'd love to take a shower... I'm even hungry, figure dat... Remy felt Jono pull away to get to his feet, but stopped him. Non, stay.

But yer shower...

Can wait. Remy gave Jono a thoughtful look and bit his bottom lip.

Wot is it, luv?

I'd like to try somet'in', mais I don' know if you'll like it.

The hesitance in Remy's tone got to Jono. Wot do yer want ter try?

Kiss you. This time, Remy looked away, feeling uncomfortable.

Why? I don't 'ave lips. Jono mentally kicked himself. Yer stupid dumb ass! Of course 'e knows that yer ain't got lips!

Don' t'ink like dat, cher. Remy gathered his courage and moved a little closer. His fingertips hovered above the bandages, unwilling to touch them without Jono's permission. May I?

Yeah... Jono's eyes followed every move Remy made. He shivered when Remy's fingertips touched the bandages, rubbing the fabric gently.

Foxy... you look foxy, cher. Remy sensed Jono's unease and decided to take the lead. Jono might be his protector, the man who had saved his life and sanity, but at the same time the young man felt incredibly insecure about his looks. Want to kiss you, cher.

Remy, in case yer didn't notice let me spell it out ter yer. I don't 'ave a mouth, lips, or tongue. I can't kiss yer back. Trembling, Jono stared into Remy's eyes, sensing the Cajun's affection for him. Wot are yer gonner do? The tiny tremors worsened, seeing Remy lean in closer. Suddenly Remy's lips pressed against the bandages and the Cajun was kissing him. Jono's toes curled and his hands, which had been clawing the blanket, relaxed. Is that tongue? Blimey... his tongue's movin' against my bandages... Why? 'ow can he stand touchin' me like this? Jono's eyes closed in bliss.

Remy felt Jono relax and moved in closer, straddling Jono's hips. Suddenly he felt terribly insecure. He knew what the ladies liked, but would Jono like those things as well, or did he have to change the way he used to caress his lovers? Placing his hands on either side of Jono's head, he kissed the bandages, lapping, licking and nibbling them.

Jono's tremors changed into violent shaking. No one had ever kissed his bandages before! No one had wanted him like Remy and he couldn't believe this was actually happening. Total acceptance floated from Remy's mind in to his and tears sprang from his eyes.

Jono, cher, what's wron'? Don' you want me to kiss you? Puzzled, Remy tried to pull back, but found himself locked in strong arms, keeping him in place.

Can't believe this is 'appenin', mush. It's been so long... Jono opened his eyes and stared deeply into Remy's. Feeling the other man on top reminded him how much he'd missed being with someone he loved. When me power kicked in I was with me girlfriend... Shocked, Jono listened to his own confession. He was screaming at himself to stop, but something made him confide in Remy. She's in a wheelchair now... I ruined 'er life.

Your power manifested when you were wit' her and caused her injuries? Remy flinched when Jono's subconscious showed him the terrible moment in which Jono's powers had chosen to become active. Wrapping his arms tighter around the trembling young man he held Jono close, then pulled him upright and rocked him gently.

I'm so afraid I'll 'urt yet too, Remy. Jono buried his head against Remy's chest, adjusting to the rocking motion and moving along. The tears that made their way down over his face were tears he should have wept two years ago, but he'd kept the hurt and anger inside until now, until Remy had come along.

Shst, cher, everyt'in' is bien now. I love you and you love me. You'll never hurt me and I'll never let anyone hurt you. It's bien to cry. Let go of de pain, mon amour. Crooning softly in to Jono's mind Remy tried to soothe the young man in his arms. Je t'aime, cher and we'll deal wit' everyt'in' toget'er. You don' have to do dis on your own.

Jono wiped away his tears, still trembling slightly, but feeling in control of his emotions again. Yer amazin', luv. Only hours ago Remy had needed him so badly and now their roles were reversed. Remy was holding him, comforting him. Yer got stronger when yer came back. Strength, which he'd never seen before, shone from Remy's eyes. The scared, hurt Remy LeBeau he'd gotten used to was making place for a much stronger man.

Your love made de difference, Remy whispered in to Jono's mind. De fact dat you still love me means de world to me.

Jono shifted in bed when Remy involuntarily catapulted an image in to his mind. He saw Remy cower on the TV screen and he recalled how coldly the Marauders had laughed. I'm so sorry the scumbag used yer ter entertain 'is goons.

You saw dat? Remy fought the urge to pull away, but this was Jono and the young man wouldn't abandon him because of his past. Jono loved him! I didn' know until Creed told me.

Knowin' that Sinister used yer as entertainment 'urts, mush. Don't deny it, I can feel it. Yer know, this link's somethin' else. It's way more intense than it was.

Remy slowly nodded his head. Dat's 'cause you're now feedin' it too, cher. Remy paused to gather his thoughts. You saw everyt'in' he did to me?

Remy, mush, yer threw everythin' at me when I tried ter pull yer back. Jono's eyes sparkled when Remy leaned in closer to brush his bandages with his lips. Suddenly, Remy tilted his face and rubbed his nose. Wot are yer doin'? Feeling Remy's nose rub against his was an odd sensation.

Dis is how de Inuit kiss, cher. Dey rub deir noses. Dat way you can kiss me too.

Oi, Remy... Remy had found a way they could kiss, an alternative way perhaps, but knowing Remy wanted him like this lessened his pain. I love yer, Remy. Rubbing his nose gently against Remy's, he wondered what he'd done to be given such a chance.

Sensing Jono's relief and happiness caused Remy to smile brilliantly. You want to stay in bed all day?

Hank confined yer ter bed. Just remindin' yer in case yer forgot. Jono shot Remy a sneaky look. Wot are yer up ter?

I was t'inkin' 'bout takin' a shower, cher... I stink! I still smell Creed all over me. But the stench of his sweat was worse. He'd been so terrified that Creed would get to him!

Well, Hank said yer could use the bathroom... go ahead and take that shower. Remy's stomach growled loudly and the Cajun looked up apologetically. While yer shower I'll get yer somethin' ter eat. Jono rubbed his nose one more time against Remy's, released him and got to his feet. Be right back, mush.

Remy nodded and watched Jono leave the room. A deep sigh escaped him as he pushed back the blankets. He really wanted to stay in bed all day and hide from the world, but Jono and the other X-Men wouldn't let him so he'd better clean up his act. Furthermore, he was determined to take good care of Jono. Physically and emotionally he'd been a wreck and hadn't noticed Jono's pain, the hurt in those dark eyes, but now they were tugging wildly at his soul, urging him to soothe the young man.

After struggling with the blankets Remy managed to rise from the bed and he slowly headed for the bathroom. He dreaded looking in the mirror again. His reflection would remind him of what he'd been through and yes, when he stared at himself, he mentally cringed. The man staring back at him wasn't Remy LeBeau, wasn't Gambit. Something profound had changed.

Slowly, he removed his clothes, always resting one hand against the wall for support. He prayed that Jono wouldn't be back until he'd showered and shaved. Disgusted, his eyes traveled down his marred body. Sinister's fingernails had left visible marks. He shook his head, determined not to give in to his self hate. He had to be strong for Jono's sake. Jono had pulled him from his empathic coma, had convinced him their love was real and now he had to shape up and recover.

He turned on the shower and flinched as the water hit him. Although the temperature was pleasant, the sensation reminded him of the times when Sinister had thrown buckets of icy cold water over his shivering body. He pushed the memories back in to a corner of his mind and grabbed the soap, working up a nice lather. After washing his hair, he simply stood under the spray, trying to deal, really deal, with being back at the mansion.

Memories of Rogue slipped through his defences and he fought back anger and hurt. He understood why she'd pushed him away. She'd only seen part of his memories of the Massacre and the deal he'd made with Sinister. She had all the facts, yes, but had never touched his feelings. She didn't know how he'd felt when he'd lain injured in the tunnels. And yet she had judged him.

We're t'rough, Rogue. Even if she came back, he wouldn't try to talk some sense in to her. He would avoid her, make sure he did nothing to aggravate the situation and didn't she have a new boyfriend anyway? Joseph? Hopefully she wouldn't be interested in re-opening old wounds.

The water no longer soothed him, but hurt as it hit his still healing and sensitive skin. He ended the shower and grabbed some towels, drying his hair and his skin. Then he made his way over to the mirror to shave. He still flinched when he stared at his reflection. Feelings of worthlessness were trying to surface, but Jono's love kept them at bay. It almost felt like the young man was at his side right now, pushing them back.

Remy smiled. In a certain way Jono was always close. Due to the link their thoughts and feelings had mingled and he felt Jono hurry back upstairs now that the Brit had picked up on his unease.

Remy quickly shaved, dropped the towel which he'd used to dry his hair on to the floor and searched for a brush or comb to untangle his hair. The door opened and Jono stepped inside, a worried look in his eyes. I'm bien, cher, just t'inkin' 'bout what happened.

Give me the flea rake, mush. Jono had placed his tray, filled with food items, on Remy's desk and planned on getting the Cajun back in bed as quickly as possible.

Flea rake, cher? Remy gave Jono a puzzled look.

The comb, mush. Jono accepted the comb Remy handed him and gently steered Remy back to his room. Remy was naked, except for a towel which he'd slung around his waist. Jono gave in to temptation and let his eyes slide down the Cajun's body. He shivered, seeing the scars that marred Remy's back, chest and arms. He hoped he'd get a chance to get back at Sinister in full.

Sit down on the bed and get beneath the blankets, luv. Jono pulled up the blankets after Remy had snuck in to bed again.

Secretly, Remy enjoyed all the attention and he eagerly let Jono wrap him up in the blankets. Only his hands and head showed now.

Drink this. Jono handed Remy some orange juice and waited patiently for the Cajun to empty it. 'ey, yer can sip slowly! Once again, Remy tried to drown the drink in one go.

Sorry... I forgot... Remy forced himself to slow down and then sipped slowly. Bien?

That's it. Pleased, Jono placed the empty glass back on the tray and poured Remy some tea. Ran in to Hank in the kitchen and he doesn't want ter start yer on caffeine just yet, so I made some herbal tea.

Merci, cher. Remy warmed his hands on the warm mug and closed his eyes, inhaling the chamomile fragrance. Suddenly, something tugged at his hair and the tea almost sloshed over the rim and on to the blankets. What are you doin'? Startled, he looked over his shoulder and saw Jono holding the comb.

Thought it'd untangle this mess yer call 'air, but if yer don't want me ter...

Non, it's bien. I just didn' know what was happening. His heart thundered loudly and Remy felt embarrassed for overreacting like that.

Tell me, luv. Jono stopped combing Remy's hair and moved until he could see the other man's expression.

It's rien...

Was it somethin' I did?

Non, somet'in' Sinister did. Remy sipped his tea, relieved that he'd successfully fought the urge to drown it in one go. He... used to grab my hair and... Sinister had used his hair to drag him around, force him to kneel and he'd hated feeling helpless.

Want me ter stop? Jono gently massaged Remy's shoulders, hoping to relieve some of the tension that inhabited the Cajun's body.

Non, don' stop. I don' want him to win. Remy bowed his head. Just be gentle, cher.

I will, luv. Cautiously, Jono tackled the tangled locks. Now that Remy's hair was wet it easily reached beneath the Cajun's shoulderblades. Yer should eat somethin' too. Jono had suspected Remy was waiting for some sort of permission and now the Cajun dug in, hungrily eating one sandwich and then lunging for another. Remy's hands paused mid-air, above the sandwich. It's okay, luv, yer can eat as much as yer want.

Merci... Remy devoured a second sandwich and then another.

Jono felt relieved Remy's appetite had returned. Almost finished. He placed the comb on the nightstand and watched Remy eat another sandwich. Yer know yer need ter put some weight back on?

Oui, I know. Sinister... Remy paused and allowed the tremors to move through his body. Sinister taunted me wit' de food and when I reached for it, he'd pull back.

I know, luv. When I was in that cell with yer I saw 'im play games with yer. I'll never take away yer food, yer know that, don't yer? Remy pushed away the tray and Jono placed it on the floor. Then he pushed Remy gently in to the pillows and tucked the blankets around the Cajun's form.

Took me some time to understand dat, mais oui, I do. Remy patted the place beside him. Would you come closer, cher?

Sure. Feeling a little shy, Jono sat down beside Remy, stretching his legs and leaning against the headboard as well.

Jono? Can I ask you somet'in'? Remy gave Jono a shy look. His right hand sneaked over in to Jono's lap and curled against the younger man's fingers, twining them.

Sure, luv. Yer can ask me anytin' yer want. Jono stared at their joined fingers and a strange sensation moved through his mind. It felt like Remy wasn't just caressing his fingers, but his mind as well. Well, Remy was an empath, so he would be able to do that.

Are we lovers now, cher? After asking his question, Remy turned quiet, feeling too insecure to sneak a look at Jono. He had to know where they stood; what this relationship was about. He'd kissed Jono and the young man had obviously liked that, but...You want to be wit' me?

Jono pulled Remy closer until the Cajun's head rested against his shoulder. I'd feel honored if yer would want me for a lover, Remy. I love yer so much it sometimes frightens me.

Just you and me, cher? Just de two of us? No one else? Or do you want to keep your options open and date ot'er people as well? Remy hoped Jono wanted them to be exclusive, but he couldn't just assume that.

Would yer like that? Bein' in a committed relationship?

I'd understand if you say non, Jono. You're still very youn' and to be stuck wit' me...

Remy! I want ter be stuck with yer, for as long as we both shall live! Jono sensed insecurity in Remy's mind, which mirrored his own. Yer ain't that old! 'ow old are yer, luv?

You're eighteen, non? Remy gave him a thoughtful look. Feel like I'm robbin' de cradle here.

Yer ain't that much older... are yer? Jono gathered his courage and brought their joined hands to his bandages, pretending to kiss the back of Remy's hand. I'd sell me soul ter 'ave lips again.

Oh, cher. Remy rubbed the back of his hands against the bandages. I love you just de way you are.

Yer still didn't tell me 'ow old yer are.

I t'ink I'm 23... Remy saw Jono's puzzled look and knew he'd have to explain things

Yer think yer 23? Jono tilted Remy's head so he could stare deeply in to the red and black eyes eyes, holding his lover's hand tightly. You think? Care ter explain...?

I was 'bout ten when Jean-Luc LeBeau adopted me. Remy really didn't want to tell Jono about the Antiquary and the Collection; that was in his past now.

Wot about before yer turned ten? Jono suddenly felt Remy's barriers snap into place. 'ey, yer don't 'ave ter tell me if yer don't want ter.

Cher, I don' wanna hurt yer... It's just, you wouldn' understand what happened in de first ten years of my life. Let's say I stayed with an older man, who collected 'special' children.

Jono's eyes shone with suspicion. Who collected children? Remy, yer ain't tellin' me that...

He didn't abuse us, cher. He wanted us close 'cause of our mutant powers. We were treated bien. Was glad t'ough when I managed to get 'way from him. We didn' have any freedom. We were his prisoners.

Jono tightened his hold on Remy's hand. And this lasted ten years?

Learned a lot in dose ten years, mais I loved stayin' wit' poppa and tante Mattie.

Tante? Jono suddenly realized how little he knew of his new lover.

Jean-Luc and tante Mattie raised me. Were de parents I never had. Dey took care of me...

Do yer know wot 'appened ter yer real parents? Remy's revelations threw him off balance. And I thought I 'ad a rotten childhood!

Non, I don' know who my real parents are, never found out. Then Jono's second remark registered. Cher? What about your yout'?

Now it was Jono's turn to become uncomfortable. Me old folks and I never got along. Me old man was an alcoholic and when he was in a bad mood he tried ter beat up me mum. I wouldn't let 'im and tried ter fight 'im off. Was about 5 the first time 'e beat me up. 'e's a bastard, Remy.

And your mère? What did she do to stop him? Horrified, Remy listened closely. He wrapped an arm around Jono and pulled him in. He reversed their roles and this time it was Jono's head that rested against his chest. Remy began to caress the young man's face, never avoiding touching the bandages and stroking the material with even more tenderness.

She didn't 'ave a choice. At the beginnin' she tried ter 'elp me, but then she'd get beat up instead. She just looked the other way.

I'm so sorry, cher. Remy tried to use his empathy to comfort his new lover.

Jono released a mental sigh when Remy's empathy washed over him, enfolding him in warm feelings. Now that he'd told his lover about his childhood he felt even closer to Remy. I never thought we'd 'ave so much in common. Yer childhood sucked and so did mine.

It got betta when I stayed wit' Jean-Luc and tante. Dey really tried to make me feel welcome and to convince me dat I was part of de family, mais dere's still dat little voice tellin' me I ain'.

Yer want ter know who yer real parents are? Did yer ever try ter find out?

Remy nodded his head. I tried, cher, mais it was impossible to track dem down. I don' even know when and where I was born. De Antiquary never volunteered much information and poppa, I know he tried, mais he didn' wanna lose me to some strangers...

We've got each other now, luv. Can we please stop talkin' about this? It's dredgin' up all kind of memories I can do without.

Let's snuggle, cher... I love feelin' you so close. Remy placed a kiss on top of Jono's locks. Oui, we've got each ot'er now... His thoughts began to drift in a completely different direction.

Luv? Wot are yer worried about?

I never 'ad a male lover 'fore, at least I can find none in my memories. Remy blushed slightly. I don' usually feel shy holdin' a new lover.

Does it really bother yer that I'm a bloke or...? Jono resisted the temptation to glance at Remy's thoughts. The Cajun would share them once he felt ready.

It doesn' bot'er me, cher, mais I t'ink I'll need some time to get used to havin' a male lover... I never made love dat way...

Jono chuckled in to Remy's mind. Movin' way too fast, luv. I ain't jumpin' yer bones 'ere, now am I?

Non, you ain', mais... wit' de femmes I knew what dey wanted from me, mais wit' you I don'.

Jono made a decision and raised his head to lock eyes with Remy's. We'll figure things out, luv. Right now I just want ter kiss yer.

Remy smiled affectionately when Jono's nose rubbed his. Je t'aime, cher. Please be patient wit' me... I ain' de man I used to be.

Jono sensed the pain in Remy's words. Oi, luv. I love yer even better this way.

Merci, cher... Remy fought back the tears that were threatening to erupt from his eyes. The time for crying was over; now it he had to work on his recovery.

///

"Scott?" Hank looked up from his research as Scott entered his lab. "Is something wrong with my patient?"

Scott absently shook his head. "No, Remy's fine... I think." Scott sat down opposite Hank and finally looked up to meet his friend's gaze. "Jean sent me a message. Their mission was successful and they'll be back on New Year's Day."

"That's good news, isn't it?" Hank removed his glasses and tried to gauge Scott's mood. "Something's bothering you."

"Rogue and Joseph are coming back as well. How do you think Remy will react seeing her again after what she did to him?" Scott rubbed his brow; he couldn't deny this whole situation was wearing him down. "You think I should tell Rogue and Joseph not to come back to the mansion until Remy feels stronger?"

Hank considered the question. "They won't be home for at least a few more days?"

"That's right. They'll stay a little longer at Muir Island." When Jean had contacted him, Scott didn't have the time to shield his thoughts from her. Her call had taken him by surprise and she'd seen images of Remy's rescue in his mind. In the end, he'd just told her what had happened. Jean had offered to make sure the team stayed at Muir Island until New Year's Day to give Remy a chance to grow stronger.

"If I were you I'd let Remy decide. Wait a few days and tell him after we celebrated Christmas. Hopefully he will be comfortable enough by then to tell us if he feels up to seeing Rogue. And I'm sure Jono will tell us the truth in case Remy's lying about being ready to face Rogue."

Scott liked Hank's idea, but still felt hesitant. "You don't think it's too early for Remy to make such a decision?"

"He's got Jono to help him deal with everything... I think Remy can make his own decisions." Hank checked the time. "Speaking of our Cajun friend, I should make sure he's doing fine." Hank got to his feet and walked over to the doorway. Scott followed him. "Remy's been to Hell and back," Hank started, "but our Acadian's strong, even stronger now that Jono's at his side. Have faith in him."

Scott sighed. "It's hard. I vividly remember finding him in that hellhole. Who knows what Sinister did to him."

"Jono will help Remy deal with that. Our Acadian friend doesn't trust us completely and won't let us in, but he accepts Jono close and that young man will pull him through."

Their paths separated; Hank headed for Remy's room and Scott for the professor's office. He had some thinking to do and needed some peace and quiet.

///

Remy sneaked out of bed and covered Jono, who was still asleep, with some warm blankets. Because of the link, he knew that Jono was having a pleasant dream in which he'd mastered his powers. He was soaring through the sky, his powers pushing him on. Remy decided not to wake the younger man and walked towards the window. One glance outside made him shiver violently; it had started to snow. It was only a matter of time before the mansion would be covered in cold, white snow and ice. Mon Dieu, he hated seeing that snow. It reminded him of his ordeal at Antarctica.

Looking at Jono, Remy found that his new lover was pushing deeper in to the mattress. Jono was hugging a pillow and seemed completely at ease. Remy envied him for his peace of mind right now. His own mind was in turmoil. He could still barely believe that he'd been rescued.

Only days ago he'd been Sinister's prisoner and life had consisted of endless torture. Now he was with people who cared about him, who'd been his friends in another lifetime; he honestly couldn't understand why they still wanted to be his friends. He'd nothing left to offer in return.

And then there was Jono. Why and how he'd reached out to Jono while he'd still been in Sinister's lab mystified Remy. He hadn't known Jonothan Starsmore, but the young man had somehow sensed his presence and the most amazing thing was that Jono had confessed his love for him.

He loves me. Jono really loves me. I'm scared to believe he loves me, mais I feel his love for me in his mind. De first time I felt it I t'ought I was deludin' myself, mais now I know his love is true... why? How? How can he love me?

Remy looked over his shoulder and his gaze settled on the sleeping man's features. He's suffered so much. I can feel it in his mind. His powers scare him and he's 'fraid he'll end up hurtin' ot'ers. His fear's his greatest enemy and yet... somehow he found de strengt' to love me... a nutcase...

He'd fought back his tears these last few minutes and the gates finally opened. I can' believe how lucky I am! I found someone who loves me, wants to be wit' me and... Merde, all I can do is cry like a bébé! Mais only two ot'er people ever told me dey really loved me. Poppa and tante... I miss dem! If it weren' for Jono I'd give poppa a call and... and what? Dere's rien he can do for me. He can' leave N'awlins and I can no longer go dere. Non, I'd betta not contact poppa...

Tears continued to flow down his cheeks and he didn't bother to wipe them away, knowing more would follow. Since his rescue, he'd tried to keep everything inside and now it had to get out. Merci, Jono, for comin' after me. Don' know why you went after dis crazy Cajun, mais... I owe you my life and my sanity. I'll 'ways love you...

Remy startled, sensing that Jono was waking up. Non, please stay 'sleep. Don' let my worries bot'er you. It's rien...

Remy? Luv? Puzzled, Jono opened his eyes. Remy was no longer in his arms and he missed feeling the Cajun's warm body pressed against his. Seeing Remy's tears, he pushed back the blankets and leaped to his feet. 'ey mush, why the 'ell are yer cryin? And why didn't yer wake me? I don't want yer to feel alone.

Jono quickly covered the distance between them and now stood in front of the Cajun. He wanted to reach out and pull Remy in to his arms, but refrained from doing that, uncertain Remy would welcome his touch right now. Wot's goin' on, luv? Bad dream?

Non, everyt'in' came crashin' in to me, Remy admitted and hesitantly raised one hand to rest it on Jono's chest, covering the other man's heart. I still can' believe you love me. Do you know how amazin' dat is, considerin' what Sinister did to me?

Oi, Rem luv. Don't do this ter yerself. Yer know I love yer, don't question that. Jono slowly wrapped one arm around Remy's waist, giving his lover the time to pull away, but Remy leaned into the touch and Jono didn't waste any time pulling him close to his chest. Resting his brow against Remy's, Jono looked deeply into the alien eyes. It's okay, luv. Sinister's gone and I'm here. I won't let the scumbag close ter yer. I love yer, Remy.

Remy could only nod his head, feeling Jono's sincere love. Je t'aime, cher. I'll never let you down, I promise to 'ways love you.

An unexpected knock on the door interrupted Remy's confession. "Oui?" Relieved, he noticed that his jaw wasn't throbbing that badly any more. He still preferred to communicate telepathically though as long as his jaw caused him discomfort... but he'd promised Hank to talk aloud.

The door opened and Hank stepped inside. "Young man, what are you doing out of bed? Hop back in to bed right now. That's an order!"

Remy flinched as Jono unexpectedly raised his right hand to wipe away the tears on his face. Seeing the shock in Jono's eyes he tried to apologize. For one horrible moment he'd been back in his cell and Sinister's fist had been descending down on him. Cher... sorry... I...

Yer really thought I'd 'it yer? Dazed, Jono stared at Remy, reading the apology in the Cajun's mind. But he still couldn't believe that Remy had actually flinched away from him. I'd never 'it yer!

I know dat, cher, mais... Remy failed to find the right words and lowered his eyes, staring at the floor. He'd betrayed the trust between them by flinching away from Jono, at least he felt like that Cher, sorry, please forgive me?

Hank had heard the telepathic exchange and hoped Jono would understand Remy's reaction. After all, Sinister had had Remy for a year and it took time to undo the conditioning.

Luv, I just wasn't prepared ter see that reaction, but I do understand. There's nothin' ter forgive. To stress his words, he folded his arms around Remy and guided him back to his bed. Yer 'eard Hank, lie down and get comfortable.

Remy obeyed wordlessly, still feeling uncertain if he'd offended Jono by flinching away.

Jono found Remy's sudden silence unsettling and sat down on the side of the bed. I'm serious, luv. It's okay. I understand.

"Jono, why don't you step outside for a moment? I need to talk to Remy privately." Hank approached the bed and watched their interaction, pleased to see the concern on Jono's face. "I need to examine our Acadian friend and to make sure that he's recuperating. You could keep Scott company."

Reluctantly Jono got back to his feet again, but he didn't release Remy's hand yet, clutching it tightly. Are yer okay with this, luv?

Oui, I'll be bien. Hank's a friend, non?

But Jono heard the doubt in Remy's voice, and it almost convinced him to stay. Hank's words however made him leave.

Hank whispered the words into Jono's ear. "Jono, leave us alone for 20 twenty minutes and then you can spend the rest of the day with him. I want to see how Remy reacts without you close."

Okay... Jono glanced one more time at Remy and then turned away to leave the room. I'll be back.

"I know you will," Hank teased.

I hope you'll come back, Remy thought privately, ashamed he doubted Jono's love for him.

Jono sensed Remy's fears, but didn't turn back. Instead he left the room and headed for the kitchen.

"Now, how are you doing, Remy?" Hank took Jono's former place on the bed and studied the red and black eyes. "You do know I'm a friend, don't you?"

Remy nodded his head, slowly. "I... t'ink so..." A wave of pain moved through his jaw. "I remember... you." Uttering those few words caused his jaw to radiate waves of even more intense pain.

"You haven't been talking, Remy. I know you can communicate telepathically, but I strongly advise you try talking aloud." Slowly, giving Remy time to adjust, Hank took hold of the Cajun's wrist and measured his pulse. "A little elevated, but nothing to worry about." Hank gave Remy a thoughtful look. "Is there something you want to talk about? Like that little panic attack you had when Jono wanted to wipe away your tears?"

"I... t'ought it was... Sinister's hand..." Remy stuttered, cursing his still aching jaw. "Didn' want to hurt him..."

"I'm sure Jono knows that." Hank carefully formulated his next question. "Do you often react like that when Jono touches you unexpectedly?"

"Non," Remy replied truthfully. He wanted to add more but his throbbing jaw made it impossible. I know Jono loves me and would never hurt me... it were just de memories. Dey're so strong at times...

Hank allowed Remy to use his newly discovered telepathy to communicate with him, realizing the Cajun's jaw had to hurt. "Is there something that hurts especially bad?"

Remy bit his lip. Bein' weak... bein' helpless. I still can' understand how I could forget 'bout you. I didn' remember bein' part of de X-Men...

"We should never have left you at Antarctica. I don't know what demon possessed us to desert you like that." The understanding and forgiveness that shone from Remy's eyes made Hank swallow hard. "You seem better," he said, trying to cover for his embarrassment. "Is there something...anything you need?"

Can I ask you a question?

Surprised, Hank nodded his head.

It's 'most Christmas, non? Remy avoided Hank's eyes. Jono said somet'in' 'bout attendin' Christmas dinner?

"Yes, that's true. Bobby, Logan and I are cooking dinner." Hank wondered what was troubling Remy, but waited patiently for the Cajun to continue.

Am I really... wanted dere? I mean, I know what I did was wron' and I'd understand if none of you wanted me dere...

Hank stopped Remy's rambling by placing a hand on the Cajun's shoulder. Remy calmed slightly and big, swimming eyes, met his. "You're not merely wanted, Remy, you're needed. We need you present to remind us that you're still alive." Had Remy been worried about that? He still doesn't believe we care and want him here, Hank thought privately. "And don't worry about the Christmas gifts. I'm sure no one had the time to shop." They'd been a little too busy caring for Remy.

I'd love to give Jono somet'in', mais... Hank, would you do me a favor? He lacked the courage to look Hank in the eyes, amazed at his boldness to actually phrase that request.

"What is it?" Hank smiled invitingly.

I keep a sketchbook in my desk... would you get if for me? Please?

Hank rose from the bed and walked over to the antique desk. Opening the drawer, he found the sketchbook and pencils lying on top of some magazines. He carried the items back to Remy and placed them beside the Cajun on the bed. "What are you going to do?"

Remy stared at his trembling hands. Mon Dieu, I ain' sure I can draw like dis...

"What would you like to draw?" Hank opened the sketchbook and presented Remy with a blank page.

Mebbe a portrait?

"A self-portrait?" Hank liked that idea.

Mais non! I wanna draw Jono! Confused, he stared at the patient paper. What would Jono want wit' a drawin' of me?

"He might cherish it," Hank said softly. "What about drawing the two of you, standing close together?"

But that meant putting himself in to the drawing and he didn't want that. He didn't deserve to be in it. Mebbe.

"Why don't you think about it? I'm sure Jono would be delighted to receive such a drawing for Christmas." Hank smiled reassuringly and then headed for the doorway. "Do you want to be alone for some minutes or do you want me to fetch Jono and send him back right away?"

Remy placed the tip of his pencil on the paper. A few minutes 'lone...? I should be able to do dat. Mebbe I can get started on Jono's present.

Hank's smile grew brighter, seeing the focused expression in Remy's eyes. The Cajun had found something, someone to hold on to.

///

"Yes..." Scott felt tired and wondered who wanted to talk to him. He'd hidden inside the professor's study for a reason; he'd wanted to be alone. "Jono? What are you doing here?"

Jono stepped inside and took in Scott's haggard expression. Yer look like shit. He came to a halt in front of the desk, waiting for Scott to invite him to sit down.

"Take a seat, Jono." Scott waited for the young man to settle down in the chair opposite him and then searched Jono's eyes, which seemed extremely concerned. "Is something wrong with Remy?"

'e thought I was gonner 'it 'im! I wanted ter wipe away 'is tears and 'e flinched away. Jono sounded melancholy and hurt.

"Why does that surprise you?" Scott sat up straight and rested his elbows on the desk. "Imagine being Sinister's prisoner for one year, never knowing what will happen next. Will the bastard bring you food and water? Beat you up? Ignore you for days? I'm surprised Remy's doing this well, considering Sinister humiliated him constantly."

Ashamed, Jono realized that Scott was right. Yeah, 'e's doin' well, considerin' everythin' e's been through, but it still 'urt ter see 'im flinch away from me.

Scott looked deeply in to Jono's eyes. "Remy trusts you, and you've got to understand how much it's costing him to maintain that trust in you. If you let him down, he might never trust anyone else again."

I understand that... Jono felt the emotional turmoil in Scott's mind, wondering what had caused it. This wasn't just about Remy. Wot's goin' on?

Scott sighed, leaned back in his chair and decided to confide in Jono, who was going to find out in a few days anyway. "The rest of the team will be back on New Year's Day."

A grim expression appeared on Jono's face when he realized what Scott was really trying to tell him. That includes Rogue comin' back?

"I'm afraid so. Do you think Remy's up to facing her?"

No, mate, no way. Jono was growing restless and got to his feet to pace the office. Yer ain't inside Remy's mind constantly, yer don't know 'ow terribly scared and fragile 'e is.

"I can order Rogue to stay at Muir Island," Scott offered, "but I'm not sure she'll stay there without a good reason and once she knows Remy's still alive... I don't know how she'll react. She's always been unpredictable and it's become worse these last few months."

Why is she on the team anyways? Jono loved looking through the window and seeing the white blanket that was covering the mansion.

"She came to us for help and the professor felt she deserved a fair chance." Scott leaned back his head and stared at the ceiling. "I sometimes wonder if we made a mistake by making her part of the team, but her strength... she saved the team a few times, maybe even saved the world..."

Yer afraid yer will 'ave ter make a choice, Jono observed. There's a chance that things won't work out with Remy and Rogue on the team, so one of them will 'ave to go. Question is, which one will yer ask ter leave...

Scott licked his dry lips. "You've got to understand, Jono. I'm teamleader. I've got to do what's best for the team and Remy's...

Remy's useless right now. He couldn't repress his bitter tone. And Rogue's powers are still strong. Maybe yer think 'er evil character and vile deeds ain't that important because she can 'elp the team in ways Remy's can't... Jono's anger was growing and he knew his temper would get the better of him any moment now. He didn't want to throw a tantrum; he had to keep a clear head because Remy needed him to watch out for him. If yer kick Remy off the team, I'll be leavin' with 'im. No way I'm stayin' when that bitch Rogue's allowed ter stay.

Scott startled at Jono's poisonous tone. Defensively, he said, "I never said I'd choose Rogue over Remy."

But yer thinkin' about it. Maybe yer even made yer decision. It makes me sick ter think yer would kick Remy out after everythin' 'e's been through. Maybe I should take 'im away before yer can 'urt 'im like that. He didn't know where they could go, but they would find their own place.

"Jono, calm down." Scott got to his feet and walked toward Jono. "I want Remy to decide..."

Jono didn't let Scott finish. Stop bollockin' me, mate. Do yer really think Remy will stand up for 'imself after wot 'e's been through? Do yer 'ave any idea 'ow low 'is self-esteem's right now? 'e would leave the mansion immediately, if that meant not facin' Rogue. Remy blames 'imself for everythin' that 'appened and yer think 'e can make a decision like that? 'e'll see it as an request ter leave the mansion and make room for Rogue! Jono's good intentions to keep his temper under control were fading, overwhelmed by the injustice about to be done to Remy.

Scott saw the blazing anger in Jono's eyes and his psi-energy was burning strongly beneath the bandages. "I don't have the answers to this situation, but you've got to trust me on this. I'll make the best decision for everyone involved."

Yeah right, trust yer and then see yer kick Remy out? Do yer know wot that will do ter 'is self-worth? Yer will be doin' Sinister a favor by finishin' the job for 'im. Bugger, I need ter get out of 'ere! Jono marched out of the office, ignoring Scott. Once he'd reached the corridor he tried to compose himself again. He knew he felt strongly protective of Remy, but he'd surprised himself by lashing out like that.

Scott watched Jono leave and wished this conversation hadn't gone so wrong. He should have started things off differently. Maybe it was time to...

Time to listen to your heart...

That thought wasn't his and it took Scott a moment to recognize the telepathic touch. It weren't Jono's thoughts either. It was Remy... damn, does that mean he overheard our conversation?

///

Remy had bowed his head while listening to Jono and Scott. Hearing Jono defend him like that filled his eyes with unshed tears and when Jono told Scott that they'd move out before Scott could tell them to leave, Remy began to tremble violently. It wasn't fair. Jono wasn't supposed to give up his life here. The young man needed to learn how to control his powers and the professor knew ways to help Jono.

But then Scott's doubts flowed in to his mind and Remy knew the other man was struggling with the situation as well. Scott's rational mind was telling him it was best to let Remy go and hold on to Rogue because the team would benefit from her staying. However, Scott's heart was urging him to keep Remy close and to let Rogue go. Mebbe it's time to listen to your heart...

Ashamed that he'd listened in on such a private conversation he erected barriers, making sure he was no longer touching Scott's mind. Reading Scott's thoughts had been unsettling, but feeling the man's emotions was even more disconcerting; he'd never wanted to pry.

Reaching out to Jono, he located the younger man outside where he was trying to get his rage back under control. It would never stop to amaze him how worked up Jono got when someone threatened him. He barely refrained from calling Jono back to him; he wanted Jono close, but realized his lover needed some time alone.

Remy picked up his sketchbook and looked at the drawing. Jono's face stared back at him. He'd tried to pay extra attention to the beautiful brown eyes, making them as intense as they were in real life. Then he remembered Hank's suggestion, to put himself in to the drawing as well, but he couldn't stand drawing his own face next to Jono's for that meant either studying his face in mirror, adding the scars and black circles beneath his eyes or drawing his face the way he remembered he'd looked before Sinister had gotten his hands on him. In the first case he had to face reality, in the second he'd be hiding from the truth so Remy decided that the drawing was perfect the way it was.

///

Bobby rolled away from Logan's warm body. His bladder was killing him and he desperately needed to take a leak. However, he didn't want to leave their warm bed and had tried to postpone the inevitable.

"Whadda ya doin', Drake?" Logan grunted the words disapprovingly. His lover had been right where he was supposed to be and now he grew frustrated by the unexpected lack of Bobby's body warmth in front of him.

"Sorry, bathroom, really need to go!" Bobby mumbled apologetically. "Go back to sleep, Wolfie... I'll be back before you know it!" He saw Logan's nose twitch disapprovingly, hearing that nickname.

"Don't take too long, Drake! Bed's growing cold!" Logan pulled up the comforter and allowed himself to drift off into sleep again, but subconsciously he stayed aware of his lover's every move and location. Bobby being abducted by Creed had shown him how vulnerable they were, even at home, and he wasn't taking anymore chances.

Bobby walked into the bathroom and relieved himself. It felt odd, not wearing his jammies. He'd never slept naked before and it would take him some time to get used to the sensation of sleeping skin on skin. He loved that sensation though.

As he flushed the toilet, he leaned over to look outside of the window, wondering if it was still snowing. He felt less sore and was glad that Hank had given him that ointment. Tomorrow the soreness would probably be gone completely.

But what was this bright light doing outside, cutting through the darkness, melting the snowy blanket? "Jono?"

Jono was standing outside in the gardens and his psi fire surrounded him, making him look taller. I wonder what happened that upset him? Looking closer, he saw the furious expression on Jono's face.

He shouldn't be alone right now. Bobby made his decision to talk to Jono in a split second and dashed back into his bedroom, where Logan stirred beneath the blankets. He really wanted to move back into Logan's arms, but Jono needed someone to talk to. Quickly he slipped into some jeans, socks and a sweater. Last he put on his shoes and coat.

"What the hell are ya doin', Drake?" Bobby wasn't coming back to bed; instead he was putting on clothes! Logan wanted his lover back in his arms and not Bobby heading outside!

"Jono's outside and he looks pretty pissed off. I gotta talk to him." Bobby put on some warm gloves and headed for the doorway.

Logan studied his lover, wondering why Bobby was bothering to put on clothes when he could simply ice up. "Want me to tag 'long?"

Bobby shook his head. "That won't be necessary. I think I can handle this on my own. You betta made sure the bed's still warm when I get back." Bobby moved back to the bed, leaned in close and pressed a passionate kiss on Logan's lips. "I love you, wolfie," he whispered and hurried out of the room, hearing Logan curse softly behind him. Hearing that nickname always pushed Logan's buttons!

Logan allowed a grin to break through. Yeah, his lover had a good heart, another reason why he felt grateful for having Bobby as his lover. Hopefully Bobby could help Jono work things out. Having the utmost confidence in Bobby, Logan rolled onto his side and returned to his favorite erotic dream, which featured Bobby and metal handcuffs.

///

The rage was getting out of control. How could Scott even consider sending Remy away just so Rogue could stay? That was so unfair! Had Scott lost his mind? Didn't the man know that Remy belonged here? Deserved to stay here? If anyone had to go it was Rogue who had abandoned Remy at Antarctica!

His bandages had slipped down and his psi fire leaked, roaming free, radiating warm and cocooning him. His rage needed a way out and a bolt of psi fire raced towards the dark heavens. Letting go of part of his rage made him feel a little better... but just a little.

"Jono?" Bobby had backed a few steps away when Jono's step fire escaped, surprised that he suddenly felt intimidated. "What's going on, man?"

Jono turned around, annoyed at the unwanted interruption. He'd headed outside because he didn't want to talk and now Bobby had found him. Wot?

Bobby cringed, seeing the intense anger in Jono's eyes. He'd seen Jono angry before, but the intensity frightened him and he wondered what had happened to piss Jono off. Jono was truly a terrifying sight and Bobby wondered about the extent of Jono's powers. He'd always thought that Scott's optic blast was one of the most destructive forces in the universe, but now he wasn't that sure anymore. "What got you so riled up, Jono?"

Jono managed to compose himself again. He was mad with Scott and Bobby didn't deserve to be on the receiving end of his rage. Bobby had done nothing wrong. His psi fire weakened as he got his emotions back under control and it returned to the confines of his body. Jono put the bandages back in place and tried to hold on to his newly found calm. I'm thinking about leaving this place.

"Why?" Bobby felt relieved now that Jono had calmed down, but the remark confused him. Why did Jono want to leave the mansion? Hesitantly, hoping Jono wouldn't take the gesture the wrong way, he rested his right hand on Jono's shoulder. "What happened?"

Scott told me that Rogue'll be back soon and 'e doesn't want any conflicts at the mansion. So either Remy leaves or Rogue can't come back. The mansion doesn't seem ter be big enough ter 'ouse them both. 'e's gonner kick Remy off the team so Rogue can stay. 'e needs 'er powers ter strengthen the team and Remy's pretty useless ter the team right now so Scott quickly made 'is decision.

Shocked, Bobby stared deeply into Jono's eyes. "I can't believe that Scott would choose Rogue's side. That isn't like Slim."

'e's teamleader, mate. Scott wants ter do wot's best for the team. Jono returned the stare. I rather take Remy away from 'ere before Scott can 'urt Remy like that. I won't allow it! Remy's been through enough!

Bobby shook his head. Scott might sometimes make the wrong decisions, but he couldn't believe this was going to be one of them, not now Remy was back at the mansion and the truth finally in the open. "Did Scott actually say that he was kicking Remy out? I simply can't believe he would do that!" Bobby reassuringly squeezed Jono's shoulder. "Did he say that?"

'e 'inted at it. Jono's gaze darkened. Apparently Bobby still believed that Scott would reach the right decision and let Remy stay. Bobby had too much confidence in Scott. Jono hoped Bobby wouldn't be hurt too badly when Scott told the team Remy had to go.

"But he didn't actually say it!" Bobby said triumphantly. Shaking his head, he continued, "Jono, you feel really protective of Remy and that's okay, he needs that right now. He's extremely lucky to have you, but you're overreacting where Scott's concerned. Give him the benefit of the doubt, man, and what the hell are you doing out here when Remy's in his room, probably missing you?" Bobby grinned as Jono's expression turned guilty.

"Did you already get Remy a Christmas present?" Bobby decided that a distraction was in order. "Hank told me that Remy got you something."

A present? Jono's brown eyes grew big. A painful memory cut through his mind.

"What?" Bobby had seen the sudden distress in Jono's eyes before the other man had managed to hide it.

While I still lived at the Academy I thought I was in love with Paige and I got 'er a Christmas present last year...

"What happened? Didn't she like your present?" Bobby waited patiently for Jono to continue, sensing a painful revelation would follow.

All she could think and talk about was that she couldn't go 'ome this year and I never got the chance ter give 'er me present. I dumped it in the garbage can.

"But Remy's different," Bobby reminded Jono and then swallowed hard, realizing that Remy wasn't the man he'd known either. "Remy will love your present no matter what it is. It will touch his heart that you actually got him something. He'll never take you for granted, you know that, don't you, Jono?"

Bloody 'ell, yer right... I need ter get 'im a present. Remy would never expect to get a Christmas present and actually getting one would show him who much he was loved. But wot do I get 'im? I 'ate shopping, people always stare at me and tomorrow's Christmas Eve!

Bobby laughed, seeing Jono start to panic.

Wot can I get 'im? Fuck, why did yer 'ave ter tell me? Now I don't 'ave a thing ter give 'im and 'e'll be disappointed that I didn't get 'im something...

"Come on, Jono. Let's find a computer and do some surfing. There are some pretty amazing sites out there that deliver the goods at home within 24 hours. You don't even have to leave the house!" A relieved sigh drifted into his mind and Bobby smiled. "Let's so some shopping!"

///

Remy tossed and turned in bed, wondering what was keeping Jono this long. He'd finished his drawing, his Christmas present for Jono, but wasn't sure he should go ahead and give it to his lover. The drawing sucked and he knew he could do much better. Maybe he would just pretend he'd never made it.

Soft footfalls sounded on the stairs and Remy automatically reached out, using the link. Jono?

Yeah, luv, it's me...

Reassured, Remy elbowed himself into a sitting position. He couldn't help flinching when the door opened. Although he knew it was Jono entering the room his subconscious fooled him into believing it was Sinister, coming to get him.

Jono felt Remy's fear and quickly approached the bed, eager to convince Remy it was he and not Sinister that had entered the room. Luv, it's only me. It's okay. Sinister's image faded in Remy's mind and Jono sat down, slowly folding his arms around Remy's trembling frame.

Remy released a strangled sigh. I don' wanna be dis emotional all de time. He felt guilty for making Jono uncomfortable. I can' get Sinister out of my head.

I know that, luv. I also know yer need time and I 'ope the day will come that Sinister won't frighten yer anymore but until that day comes I'll be at yer side and 'elp yer cope with it. Jono tenderly caressed Remy's face, relieved that his lover didn't flinch or pull away from him. Remy's eyes drifted off to the clock and Jono read the question beneath the look.

Jono, I overheard your conversation wit' Scott. Remy whispered the words into Jono's mind, signaling his lover that it was okay to discuss this now. You got mad wit' him, non?

Luv, I can't believe he'd want yer ter leave. Jono moved slightly until his back rested against the headboard. He smiled as Remy moved into his arms, seeking his warmth. I'd rather take yer away from 'ere. I won't let 'im 'urt yer like that!

Remy swallowed hard, recalling how Jono had defended him earlier. You want to leave de mansion, cher?"

Maybe it would be best if we did. If Scott doesn't really want us 'ere... Jono relished feeling Remy this close and buried his face in the long locks. Wot do yer want, mush?

Remy smiled, pleased that Jono wanted to hear his opinion. You really want to discuss dis now?

Yeah, luv, this is yer life we're talking about.

It's your life as well... I wanna be wit' you and it doesn' matter to me where we are as long as we are toget'er. Just never leave me, Jono.

Jono hated the fact that his eyes were filling with tears. He wanted to be strong for Remy and he didn't want to cry right now, but Remy's answer had touched something deep inside him, something he'd locked away for these last few years. We'll always be together, Remy. I just don't know where ter take yer. I don't 'ave a place of me own... where ter go?

Remy smiled reassuringly. I can help wit' dat, cher. Poppa left me enough money to take care of myself and I got some property which I bought through de years. I ain' poor. We'll always have places to go. Actually Jean-Luc had created a trust fund for him and the several millions were his to spend. Just tell me where you want to go.

Yer ain't pulling me leg 'ere? Jono looked at Remy in disbelief and his eyes grew big as his lover's lips reached for his bandages. I love yer, mush.

I love it when you call me dat... Remy smiled and brushed Jono's bandages with his lips.

Yer tired, mush... Jono saw the red and black eyes close every so often. Remy probably hadn't gotten much sleep during his absence. Want ter get some sleep?

Get out of your coat first, cher? Remy felt hesitant. He'd never taken a man to his bed before and although he felt shy, he wanted to take another step in their relationship.

Jono caught an echo of Remy's thoughts and arched an eyebrow. Wot do yer really want? Luv, tell me.

Remy avoided Jono's eyes. Could he really say what he wanted, needed? Could he find the courage to do so?

Just tell me... Jono gently rubbed his nose against Remy's, grateful that his lover had thought of this way to kiss.

Wanna feel your skin 'gainst mine... Remy blurted out into Jono's mind.

Jono couldn't believe Remy really wanted him that close. Didn't the bandages gross the Cajun out? Since his powers had manifested he'd always slept alone and now Remy wanted to feel his skin against his? Are yer sure, mush? Please be sure.

Oui, I'm sure, cher. Remy would gladly shed the sweatshirt and pants he was wearing to make skin on skin contact. Maybe it was his empathic side that needed the close contact. Or don' you wanna? I'd understand, cher. Now that Jono wasn't answering he began to feel increasingly insecure. He knew that Sinister had marred his body and maybe Jono found those scars disgusting?

Mush, I'd love ter feel yer against me! Jono got to his feet and removed his coat. Yer gonna take yer clothes off too?

Remy nodded his head and avoided Jono's eyes. He ignored his sore muscles when he slipped out of his sweatshirt.

Both men were now only wearing their pants and Jono waited for Remy to discard his sweatpants first before removing his own jeans. He wanted to make sure that Remy was comfortable doing this.

Remy blushed as he removed his sweatpants. He was now only wearing his briefs and the cold air assaulted his body. Quickly, he slipped beneath the blankets, growing cold, but not uncomfortable. He felt a little nervous, but wasn't pushing himself. He wanted Jono close with no barriers between them! Join me in bed, cher?

Jono stepped out of his jeans and slipped between the covers.

Black boxers, cher?

Jono was delighted to hear Remy giggle. Yer like, luv? Jono still sat upright in bed, wondering how Remy wanted to settle down for the night. Looking down, he startled at the sight of the black bandages, once again wondering why Remy wanted him for a lover!

Cher? Remy rested his hands on Jono's shoulders, caressing the black bandages. Then he pulled his lover down until they lay facing each other. Hold me?

Jono trembled as Remy's arms closed around him. No one had ever before touched his bandages with so much love, with so much acceptance and it almost made him cry. The trembling changed into minor shakes as Remy draped a leg over his hips. The skin on skin contact made him aware of how cold Remy felt and he wrapped his arms around the Cajun, pulling him close. Remy...

Remy smiled warmly, knowing Jono felt insecure about his appearance. He tucked Jono's head beneath his chin and kissed a strand of his lover's hair. I t'ink I can sleep now, cher.

Jono couldn't believe Remy was holding him this tight. His cock twitched happily, growing erect against Remy's warm body. Stop it, he chastised himself privately. Yer don't want ter scare 'im off!

Cher?

Can't believe yer holding me like this. It'll be the first night since the manifestation of me powers that I don't 'ave ter sleep alone...

Go to sleep, cher... Jono's arousal pressed against his stomach, but Remy decided to ignore it. He wasn't ready to take this particular step yet, but it did reassure him that Jono found him sexually attractive. Merci, mon Dieu, he thought privately. Feeling relaxed and comfortable, he pressed another kiss on Jono's hair.

///

Logan hissed irritated as something cold slithered into his arms. "What the hell!" His eyes flashed open and the scent that drifted up into his nostrils assured him that it was Bobby.

"Jono needed someone to talk to," Bobby explained as he rolled onto his side so Logan could spoon up behind him. "Scott said something that really upset Jono."

Logan growled, realizing that Bobby wanted to talk about this. His nipples hardened as Bobby's icy cold back settled against his chest. Well, he was awake now anyway. "What was it?"

"It seems like the mansion's not big enough for Remy and Rogue. Scott will only let one of them stay." Bobby still felt a hint of anger himself. "Jono was ready to leave with Remy before Scott could reach a decision. I managed to talk him down from his rage and Jono agreed to wait for Scott's decision."

Logan felt the tension in Bobby's body and began to stroke the smooth body gently, concentrating on his lover's chest, legs and arms. "Sounds like something Cyke would do, but... somehow this surprises me."

"What do you mean?" Bobby turned slightly in Logan's arms so he could lock eyes with his lover.

"I'd have thought Cyke finally realized what was really goin' on."

"And that is?" Bobby held his breath. He didn't want to fight Logan over this, but they would fight if his lover chose Rogue's side.

"Rogue's the problem."

Bobby sighed relieved and snuggled back up to Logan. "Yeah, something's wrong with her. I saw the way she acted when she dumped Remy. He wanted to make everything up to her, even offered to let her kiss him again so she would know everything about him and yet she declined. I felt like she never really trusted, never really loved him. I actually pitied Remy for being in love with her."

Logan continued the caresses and now soothingly stroked the hard muscles of Bobby's abdomen. Acting on instinct, he pressed his groin against Bobby's ass, making sure his lover felt his arousal. "Maybe we should talk to Cyke. I won't stay if he kicks the Cajun out."

Bobby sighed blissfully. "I knew I could count on you, but maybe we have to wait and see what happens."

"What if Scott kicks Remy out?" Logan rolled one of Bobby's nipples between his fingers and pinched it gently. He grinned, hearing the moan that followed.

Bobby took a deep breath, wanting to tell Logan to stop touching him like that while they were having such an important conversation, but in the end he didn't want to lose the close contact and allowed Logan to play with his nipples. "I care about Remy and Jono, and don't know if I still want to live here with Rogue around, knowing what I do now about her deserting Remy. We'll both leave."

Logan nodded his head and licked the passion mark he'd left behind while they'd made love the other day. "I doubt Remy and Jono will mind the company. They'll need some friends."

"So, if Remy has to go, we go as well?" Bobby moaned as Logan's right hand descended on his balls, caressing them, rolling them in the sac. He loved Logan's protective streak.

"Yeah, that's pretty much it." Logan stroked Bobby's thighs and chuckled as his lover opened his legs further for his caresses. He was just trying to make his lover feel relaxed and not after some sex. He wanted to let Bobby know that he would always be there for the younger man. "Remy and Jono got each other, darlin'. They'll pull through." Logan felt Bobby chuckle. "What?"

"I told Jono Remy was giving him a present this Christmas and Jono panicked." Bobby laughed, recalling the way he'd dragged Jono off to do some netsurfing.

Logan suddenly realized that he didn't have a present for Bobby and mentally kicked himself. Fuck, now what?

"Jono found this cool site and bought some things. They should be delivered tomorrow. He acted like a real kid trying to pick a nice gift for Remy. That reminded me once again that he's only eighteen years old."

Logan affectionally caressed Bobby's half erect cock while his other hand was located near his lover's nipples, finally returning to pinching them. "Did ya get me a Christmas present, Drake?" he whispered seductively, grinding his groin against Bobby's ass.

"You wish you knew, but I won't tell you!" Bobby giggled. Yawning, he pulled Logan's hand away from his nipples and curled his fingers around it. "Sorry, Logan, but I'm sleepy and I still feel a little sore...maybe tomorrow morning?" He loved feeling Logan's cock thrust against his ass.

"I don't need the sex tonight, darlin'. I was just teasin' ya. Try to get some sleep."

"Thanks, love. I really want you to fuck me, but..." Bobby's eyes closed and he dozed off.

I want to fuck ya, Bobby, but not when ya feel sore... Great, now I've got to find a present for Bobby. Sighing, Logan decided he had to do some netsurfing as well. If that failed he'd have to become creative... not his best character trait.

///

As Scott got out of bed the next morning he felt wasted. He'd witnessed Jono's outburst last night and had wanted to talk to him when Bobby had appeared. He felt really bad about the tone he'd used during that conversation. When he'd found out that Remy had overheard every word he felt even worse.

He should have told Jono that he'd already made his decision, but he'd been curious to find out just how protective Jono felt of Remy. That had been a mistake. Why hadn't he told Jono that he wanted Remy to stay at the mansion? He would send Rogue and Joseph to the Academy to help Emma and Sean train the younger mutants.

The thing that had really upset him was hearing Remy's advice. I'm listening to my heart, Remy.

The only thing left to do was to tell the two parties. He didn't expect any problems when telling Remy and Jono he wanted them to stay, but Rogue and Joseph would give him a hard time and he had to mentally prepare himself for that confrontation. Luckily he still had a few more days to come up with a way of telling them.

But tonight it's Christmas Eve... And he was determined they'd all have a great evening. If necessary he'd add some extra alcohol to the punch.

Oh yeah, Bobby, Logan and Hank had offered to prepare Christmas dinner this year so no one would get in his way when he added some things to the punch and maybe they could talk Remy and Jono into decorating the tree. It would distract Remy and maybe make feel him more comfortable and welcome.

But first he was going to take a long hot shower.

///

"Remy! Jono! Wake up! It's Christmas!" Bobby banged hard on Remy's door.

Remy startled awake and felt strong arms wrapped around him, holding him tight. Panicking, he kicked and tugged wildly, but he lacked the strength to free himself. Panting hard, he fought for breath, and growing dizzy, his eyes became impossibly big. Lemme go! Please lemme go! But Sinister continued to hold him in place.

Jono's eyes flashed open, feeling Remy trash in his arms and the pleading in his mind took him back. He immediately released his lover and watched Remy fall off the bed, hard, then crawling over to the corner and cowering there.

"We need to decorate the Christmas tree and..." Bobby flashed a grin, hearing soft groans from inside Remy's room. "See you guys downstairs!" He ran down the stairs, eager to join his lover and Hank in the kitchen, completely unaware of the panic he'd caused.

Jono cringed seeing Remy like this. Bobby's unexpected visit had caused another flashback. Remy, it's me, Jono. It's okay. Bobby was banging on the door. Sinister ain't 'ere. He kept his distance and stayed in bed, seeing Remy bring up his arms to protect his face from the blows he expected. Come on, mush, yer safe.

Remy sobbed softly and finally found the courage to lower his arms. Looking about he realized he wasn't in his cell any longer. This was his room and the man in his bed wasn't Sinister, it was Jono.

Yer safe, luv, please try ter calm down. Slowly, Jono got to his feet and sank down on his knees a few feet away from Remy, gauging his lover's reaction.

Remy weakly nodded his head. Yes, he was safe... slowly his fear began to fade and was replaced by shame. I'm sorry, cher... when I heard dat bangin' and de loud voice...

It catapulted yer back ter yer cell, didn't it?

Oui, sorry cher, I can' seem to shake dese flashbacks... I don' wanna be like dis...

Jono moved closer and slowly wrapped his arms around Remy. Is this okay with yer, luv? Yer were thrashing when I woke up. Yer wanted me ter let go. Jono brushed Remy's forehead with his bandages, wishing he could bestow a real kiss on Remy's skin. He remained quiet, realizing that Remy needed time to compose himself.

Remy realized he was still trembling in Jono's arms and hoped his lover wouldn't take this the wrong way. I ain' scared of you, cher... mais...

Jono's fingers caressed Remy's face and briefly touched his lover's lips. It takes time ter 'eal, luv, but thankfully it's the one thing we 'ave in abandon. We 'ave all the time in the world. Don't push yerself and take the time yer need, mush. Jono wiped away Remy's tears. Let's get dressed, mush. The Christmas tree needs decorating.

Remy smiled through his tears. It seemed like he couldn't stop crying and he hated himself for being this emotional. I want to spend de rest of my life wit' yer, cher.

Uh, Jono gave Remy a curious look, uncertain if he should bring this up right now. I got yer a Christmas present, 'ope yer don't mind, luv.

Actually... Remy blushed. I got you somet'in' as well. Not'in' fancy or expensive, mais... Right now he felt relieved that he hadn't destroyed the drawing. At least now he had something to give Jono in return.

Jono released Remy and immediately mourned the loss. After rising from the floor he pulled Remy to his feet.

Where are we goin', cher?

I need ter get some clean clothes, luv and I left me duffel bag in me room. I'd better 'aul everything over 'ere as this is where I'm staying most of me time. I'll be right back, Remy.

Remy watched Jono leave and dragged his feet as he headed for the bathroom. Without looking at the mirror he turned on the shower. He only needed five minutes to shower and then returned to his bedroom to get dressed. During all the time he spent in the bathroom he avoided looking at his reflection in the mirror. He just couldn't look himself in the eyes, disgusted by what he'd find staring back at him.

Remy slipped into some faded jeans and a red sweater. After putting on some warm socks, he sat on his bed, waiting for Jono to return.

///

Jono knocked first, not wanting to barge into Remy's room like that. He felt Remy's unease and wondered what had caused it. Remy had to get used to being alone as he couldn't be with his lover all the time. Remy, I'm coming inside, okay?

Stepping into the room he found Remy sitting motionless on his bed and he knew what was going on. The flashback Remy had suffered had thrown him back into the behavior Sinister had engraved on him. It's okay ter do things yer want when yer want it. Yer don't need anyone's permission, Remy.

Remy flinched, knowing Jono was right, but he felt like he'd done something terribly wrong.

Jono gently took hold of Remy's right hand and pulled his lover to his feet. It takes time ter 'eal, remember that, luv.

Remy held on tightly and followed Jono downstairs. I remember walkin' here wit' Rogue...

Jono froze in his tracks, startled by the unexpected admission. Remy, why did yer say that?

Cause everyt'in's different now. I don' know if it's cause I'm an empath mais for the very first time I feel really loved. Not even poppa and tante made me feel like you do and Rogue... she never did.

Jono realized what a great compliment Remy had just given him. Pulling his lover close, they walked into the living room, where they met Bobby who had already erected their Christmas tree.

"Right on time! I need to help the guys in the kitchen so that leaves you to decorate our Christmas tree. Lights and ornaments are in the boxes." Bobby smiled, seeing them hold hands, but his smile faded a little, noticing the vulnerable expression in Remy's eyes. He quickly disappeared into the kitchen, sensing Remy and Jono needed some privacy.

Remy's eyes scanned the tree and he loved the fresh pine scent that drifted through the room. It's been nine years since I last decorated a Christmas tree. Tante wasn' home dat year... I always loved Christmas.

Jono handed Remy the lights and gestured him to get busy. We'll put the star on top last.

///

Logan looked up from chopping the potatoes and found that Bobby was eavesdropping. The door was ajar and Bobby was trying to steal some looks inside. "How's it going?"

"The tree will be just fine." Bobby closed the door and walked back to Logan. Hank was preparing the turkey and they had to prepare the side dishes and stuffing.

Hank caught Logan groping Bobby's ass and chuckled softly. Seeing Bobby blush, as Logan cupped his ass in the palms of his hands, amused Hank "You two better behave!"

"Can't keep my hands off of him!" Logan teased in return. "Looks good enough to eat!"

"I do hope you're referring to the turkey, Logan." Hank shoved the turkey into the oven and set the timer. "Robert, what plans did you make for the reminder of the day?"

"First we'll have a big brunch and then we'll veg out in front of the TV. I rented some movies."

"Comedies, I hope?" Hank didn't want Remy to grow upset because of some badly selected movie. "No kidnappings, no torture scenes?

Bobby shot Hank an indignant glance. "I'd never do that! Now let's get Remy and Jono. I'm hungry and Scott promised to prepare brunch in the dinning room!" Today was going to be a blast!

///

Scott had finished adding some alcohol to the punch when the rest of the team entered the dinning room. "The punch's ready." Scott caught Bobby's arched eyebrow.

"Slim, are you okay?" Bobby couldn't remember Scott being that concerned about their punch. Scott's smile baffled him.

"Let's eat. I'm hungry!" Scott served brunch and handed them their already filled plates. He froze, looking into Jono's eyes.

I'll back. I'm waiting for a delivery. Jono turned around and left the dinning room. He didn't want to face Scott, not now his anger was still so close to the surface and he hated watching everyone eat.

Seeing everyone's puzzled expression, Bobby explained. "He's expecting some Christmas presents."

Christmas presents? Remy quickly shielded his thoughts, but it was too late, seeing Bobby nod.

"Yeah, your Christmas presents, Remy." Bobby grinned and sat down next to Logan to eat brunch.

Now that Jono was gone, Remy grew uneasy. He sat down, slightly away from the others and simply stared at the piled up food on his place. Was he supposed to wait until someone gave him permission to start eating? During his time with Sinister he'd never been allowed to eat a single bite without the scientist's explicit permission. But these were his friends and weren't things supposed to be different now?

Bobby was about to say something to Remy, but Scott beat him to it.

"Remy, aren't you hungry?" Scott felt concerned, seeing Remy stare at the food instead of eating it.

"Oui, I'm hungry..." Remy said after remembering that Hank wanted him to talk aloud to exercise his jaw. "Mais...Sinister... he never lemme eat..."

"You can eat all you want." Scott placed his hand on Remy's.

Bobby noticed the gesture, which was very uncharacteristic for his friend, but didn't comment on it.

Remy's eyes widened at the touch, feeling Scott's concern and guilt; guilt for not going back to Antarctica to get him. Encouraged, Remy took a bite out of his sandwich. He never looked up and didn't notice the pleased expression on Scott's face.

///

Jono hurried to the front door after having spotted the delivery van on the security cams. He hoped they were bringing the stuff he'd ordered. Mentally, he prepared himself for the shock that would show on the man's face when he'd answer the door.

Resolutely, he opened the door after the bell rang and took out his notebook and a pen to write everything down.

"Oh fuck..."

Jono flinched, hearing the shocked man's words. It was always the same thing, the same reaction. Quickly he wrote down, 'I'm Jonothan Starsmore. I ordered the goods and will accept the delivery.'

The man nodded his head and handed him three packages, already gift wrapped.

Jono signed for the delivery and paid the man. He felt really thankful that Bobby had lent him the necessary money. He knew his credit card was somewhere in his duffel bag, but he'd been unable to find it. Hopefully he hadn't lost it on his way over here.

'Thanks,' he wrote down and after showing the notebook to the man, he closed the door, glad the encounter had gone rather smoothly. Oi, he hated seeing the pity or shock in their eyes!

Jono's mood improved as he carried the packages into the living room where he placed them beneath the tree. Bobby had assured him that Remy would love the presents and he hoped the other man was right.

Hopefully the others had finished brunch by now and he returned to the dinning room. Reaching out to Remy he felt the last echo of his lover's discomfort. Luckily a blanket of warm feelings covered the Cajun's fear and Jono realized he was feeling Hank, Bobby, Scott and Hank's feelings of friendship and concern for Remy. It takes time, he reminded himself.

///

Remy's eyes immediately sought out Jono's when the other man entered the dinning room. Jono, cher...

Jono sent a chuckle into Remy's mind. Everything's fine, luv. Lowering his shields, he allowed the others to receive his thoughts as well. Yer were really 'ungry, luv! Remy had emptied his plate.

Even sipped de orange juice slowly.

Hank cleared his throat. "Try to talk aloud, Remy."

Remy sighed, but obeyed. "De sandwiches tasted great."

Hank appreciated the effort. "That's it, Remy."

Bobby pushed his empty plate away and bounced to his feet. "Come on, it's movie time!"

"Movie time?" Remy had a hard time getting used to talking aloud again, but realized that Hank had made a valid point. He needed to exercise his jaw.

"Yeah!" Bobby grabbed Logan and Remy's hands and pulled them along.

Jono stayed close to Remy, always aware of his lover's discomfort just because Bobby had a hold on his wrist. Bobby's a friend, mush. Yer can trust 'im. 'e's just a bit too enthusiastic.

Hearing Jono's words soothed Remy and his eyes fastened on the three packages beneath the tree. Were they for him?

Yeah, luv.

"Come on, sit down! I rented two movies and a series. Hank should have dinner ready after we finished watching them!"

Hank let the remark slip, realizing that Scott would end up helping him putting the final touches to their dinner. Bobby had a tight hold on Logan and Hank suspected Bobby wouldn't let go for a long time!

Bobby allowed Remy to return to Jono's side and the two men settled down on the sofa. Scott chose the recliner and Hank the loveseat. After Bobby popped the vid into the VCR, he snuggled up to Logan on the other sofa.

"What movie did ya get?" Logan possessively curled an arm around Bobby's shoulders.

"Mister Bean goes to America." Bobby saw the puzzled glances. "Trust me, you'll love it!"

///

Jono looked down and wished he could still smile. Sometime during the movie Remy had lain down and his lover's head now rested in his lap. His fingers tangled gently in Remy's long locks and he felt completely at peace with the world. He couldn't remember ever feeling this complete. In Remy's mind, he felt a similar sense of contentment.

"Do you want something to drink, Remy? I need to check on the turkey and am headed for the kitchen anyway." Hank saw Remy's sleepy eyes and waited for the Cajun to reply.

Remy forced himself to push back memories of Sinister, who had offered food and drinks but never bringing them. "Tea would be nice."

Hank smiled, pleased that Remy had expressed his needs and disappeared into the kitchen.

Logan shook his head as Bobby replaced the video tape. "Now what?"

"Scrooge, with Tom Hanks, gotta stay in the Christmas spirit!" Bobby snuggled back up to Logan and gave Jono a wink, cocking his head toward the three presents.

Jono nodded his head, feeling nervous and hoping that Remy would like his gifts.

///

After watching several episodes from 'Friends', Hank announced that dinner was ready to be served.

Scott helped Hank carry the food into the dinning room and carried the punch over to the table as well. Then he returned to Jono and Remy in the living room. "You should wake him now." Sometime during the Friends episodes Remy had fallen asleep.

Jono exchanged a concerned look with Scott. 'e's always tired.

"He's only been back with us for a week, Jono. You've got to remember that he needs to make up for a lot of sleep. Sinister never let him sleep undisturbed."

Jono's eyes softened as he looked at his lover, who was sound asleep. Pulling Remy's mind closer he wrapped his lover up in warm thoughts, not wanting to scare Remy awake. Remy, dinner's ready, wake up.

What? Jono? Cher? His eyes opened and immediately locked with Jono's. For one terrible moment he hadn't known where he was.

Christmas dinner's ready, he reminded Remy. Can yer get ter yer feet?

Slightly embarrassed, Remy struggled to his feet. Did I sleep t'rough de movies?

Part of them. Jono twined their fingers and followed Scott into the dinning room, dreading the next few hours. He'd have to watch them eat again.

"Please sit down," Hank said invitingly and waited until everyone was seated. He carved the turkey and handed everyone their plates. "We've got mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, peas and corn and ice cream as dessert."

Remy stared again at his plate, realizing just how much he'd been eating these days. When he'd been with Sinister he'd never gotten to eat this much food. "Cher?" His gaze traveled to Jono and his stomach contracted, realizing that Jono couldn't eat any of the foods. Maybe he shouldn't eat anything either?

Don't yer dare doing that! Yer need the calories, luv, dig in! Jono fumbled with the napkin and suddenly found they were all staring at him. Wot?

"Does it make you uncomfortable? I never thought... considered..." Scott gave Jono an apologetic look.

I'll never get used ter watching people eat... Jono shrugged his shoulders.

Bobby jumped up from his chair. "Wait here! I know something that might cheer you up!" Bobby dashed out of the dinning room.

"Don't look at me!" Logan scowled. "I don't know what he's up to!"

"Start eating!" Hank set the example and dug in, followed by Logan and Scott.

It's okay, luv, I know yer 'ungry. Start eating, yer 'eard the man!

Remy sighed, but then ate some of the turkey and mashed potato. For some reason he felt guilty that he could eat and Jono couldn't.

Jono received Remy's thoughts and decided they needed to talk about this later. Empty that plate, luv. Yer need ter gain weight!

Bobby returned and immediately noticed the suffocating atmosphere. "Here, I know it's a bit early..." but it would distract them from Jono's inability to eat.

A present? For me? Surprised, Jono stared at the package Bobby had placed in front of him. Running his fingers over the wrapping, he felt something hard beneath it. Is it a book?

Scott gave Bobby a thankful look. Suddenly the mood had changed for the better. They were eating dinner and Jono was stalling opening the present.

Jono placed the present back on the table and wondered how long ago it had been that someone had given him a present without really knowing him. He'd only known Bobby a few weeks and yet the other man had bought him a Christmas present!

"Open it, cher."

Bobby returned Remy's smile, glad he'd been able to put that smile there. "Yeah, open it, Jono..."

Logan smelled the sudden pheromones on Bobby and wondered what was going on. The look that Bobby gave him convinced Logan that it was going to be a long night! Maybe he'll wanna use my gift then... He chuckled privately.

Jono finally gave in and tore away the paper. It was a book all right! The joys of gay sex? Thanks, mate! I somehow lost it when I moved from Great-Britain ter the US. I'm sure it will come in 'andy!

Bobby felt a little disappointed now that he'd failed to embarrass Jono. The other man wasn't even blushing, but as his gaze traveled to Remy he found the Cajun blushing instead. Jono started flipping some pages, occasionally showing Remy something and Bobby giggled seeing Remy's blush turn to crimson.

Cher, please... I'm tryin' to eat dinner. I t'ought you wanted me to eat dinner! I can' eat lookin' at... can two men really do dat? Remy quickly averted his eyes.

Sure they can, Jono teased his lover, but sensing Remy's growing unease he closed it again. Thanks, Bobby. I'm sorry but I don't 'ave a present for yer.

"Don't worry about it... But maybe I should mention I expect a birthday present?"

"You'll get one, mon ami." Remy didn't really know how to act, so he stared at his plate. He knew Bobby meant well, but the book confronted him with the fact that he was still keeping Jono at a distance.

"It's time for ice cream!" Bobby winked at Hank and together they carried the dessert from the kitchen to the dinning room.

Remy stared at the chocolate ice cream, topped with whipped cream. When he had he last eaten something so sweet?

Jono chuckled mentally, seeing Remy dig in. This time the Cajun didn't wait for permission to start eating and Jono hoped Remy would start taking the initiative more often. Opening the book again he saw two men making love, the one on the bottom had thrown his legs over the other man's shoulders and Jono felt himself grow hard, imaging making love to Remy. Interesting question... who would end up on top?

On top?

Oh, fuck, Remy 'eard that! Fighting down a sudden rush of panic he reached out to his lover. Remy, I didn't mean it like that! I was just wondering... I ain't expecting yer ter 'ave sex with me when yer ain't ready... I'm such a fuckup. Sorry, luv, I...

Jono, cher... calm down... I never t'ought 'bout us 'aving sex like dat. I never had a male lover and I never t'ought 'bout toppin' and bottomin'.

Yer know the terms though...

I lived on the streets, cher... I know a lot...

A chilly feeling crept through Jono's mind and he established eye-contact with his lover. Luckily he'd shielded their thoughts once he'd realized he'd upset Remy. Luv, yer ain't telling me that some creep...

Remy suddenly realized what horrible conclusion Jono had reached and grabbed his lover's hand, ignoring the puzzled stares he was getting. Cher, no one abused me or touched me 'again my wish. Even as I kid I knew how to fight off de perverts. You just surprised me, wonderin' who'd be toppin'. I t'ought I had plenty of time 'fore I'd have to figure dat one out.

"Remy, Jono? Is everything alright?" Bobby hoped his present hadn't caused the sudden change of expression in both men's eyes.

"We're bien," Remy said softly. "Bein' wit' Jono is new and I never..."

Bobby understood what had happened. "You didn't think about having sex yet. I'm sorry, Remy, I don't want to push or pressure you in whatever way."

"Bobby, you meant well. No damage done..." Remy smiled, trying to show Bobby everything was fine.

"The ice cream!" Hank reminded them that the ice was almost melting. He smiled, seeing that Jono and Remy were holding hands now, leaving Remy only his right hand to eat the ice.

Logan leaned back. "That was an awesome dinner, Blue. Ya outdid yerself with the turkey and now I have to haul my ass upstairs to get the presents."

"What presents?" Bobby locked eyes with his lover.

"Ya'll find out soon enough, Drake," Logan said teasingly and excused himself. Just as he wanted to leave the room Remy's voice called him back.

"Wait... I need to get my present for Jono as well..." He didn't want to walk the deserted corridors alone, recalling how Creed had appeared out of nowhere.

Logan smelled the fear on Remy and nodded his head. "Okay, let's do this."

"Why don't we move the punch to the living room and then we'll unwrap some presents." Scott lifted the punch bowl and carried it into the living room. It'd become a tradition to open the present on Christmas Eve. He didn't remember how and when that tradition had started, but they had honored it for years.

///

"Would you mind waitin' here so I can get my present?"

Logan nodded his head. He'd figured that Remy wanted him close. Go get it. I'll wait here in the corridor."

Remy hurried inside and collected the drawing. When he'd been alone earlier that night he'd framed the drawing and wrapped it up with some old wrapping paper. "Ready..." He felt relieved finding Logan in the corridor as he still didn't feel up to walking through the mansion alone.

"I still need to fetch mine. Are ya comin' 'long?"

Remy followed Logan to his room and nervously shuffled his feet while Logan located the presents. He noticed that it was the same wrapping paper Jono had used to wrap his presents.

Together they made their way back to the living room. Remy clutched the drawing tightly, hoping Jono would like his gift.

///

Remy added his present to the growing pile and wondered how everyone else had been able to buy Christmas gifts. As far as he knew no one had gone shopping so they must have bought them before freeing him from Sinister's clutches.

These last few days, no make that weeks, were blurry at best. Feeling uncomfortable and ashamed for only having one present to give Jono and none for the others, he sat down next to Jono, immediately claiming his lover's hand, which the other man offered willingly.

Jono cringed seeing the vulnerable look in Remy's eyes, hating Sinister for putting it there.

"Uhm, there's something I need to say." Scott got to his feet and began pacing in front of the Christmas tree. "The rest of the team will be back on New Year's Day."

Logan tensed, realizing Scott had made his decision. Exchanging a look with Bobby he recalled their nightly conversation. If Remy had to go, they'd leave as well.

"Rogue and Joseph won't be staying. They'll help Emma and Sean train the younger mutants." Scott looked Remy in the eyes. "I want you to stay, Remy. I'm sorry I hesitated to make that decision."

Jono squeezed Remy's hand again. Yer see, luv. Everyone wants yer ter stay.

Scott saw the warning in Jono's eyes and nodded his head. He hoped Jono and Remy would accept his apology.

"Merci, Scott." Remy spoke slowly, hoping his jaw wouldn't act up. "Dis is de best Christmas present you could give me, merci." He really didn't want to leave the mansion; it was the only home he had right now.

Scott smiled apologetically. "You belong here with us, the X-Men. Welcome home, Remy."

Remy fought back his tears and smiled weakly instead. "Jono, can I give you my present now? It ain' much, mais..."

Jono briefly caressed his lover's face. Sure, luv.

Remy got to his feet, picked up the wrapped up drawing and placed the present in Jono's lap. I hope you'll like it, cher. I know I can do betta, mais my hands...

Remy, shst, it's okay. I'll love wotever yer got me. Jono heard Bobby's chuckle and was reminded that the other man had told him the same thing last night; that he would love whatever Remy had gotten him. It was the gesture that mattered, the love that fueled it. Bobby had been so right.

Jono found that Remy was no longer looking at him and he decided not to comment on that. Remy was hiding behind his long locks and he allowed it, knowing how badly Remy needed this privacy. He carefully removed the wrapping paper, which had obviously been used before. Whatever the gift was Remy hadn't ordered it on the web.

Remy noticed how cautiously Jono removed the paper and recalled that Jono had simply torn the paper off of Bobby's gift. Nervously, he fidgeted with his sleeve, wishing Jono would hurry up.

Jono finally dropped the wrapping paper onto the floor and stared in silent amazement and the revealed framed drawing. His face was staring back at him. The moment he'd realized what it was, he'd been afraid that Remy had drawn him whole sans the bandages. If that had been the case he would have felt embarrassed, knowing Remy wanted a lover who was whole.

The bandages that hid part of his face weren't that repulsive anymore, now that Remy had put all his love into the drawing. Maybe it was also because of the way Remy had drawn his eyes. They looked alive and sparkled with mischief. Did he really look that?

"Do you like it, cher?"

Remy's tiny voice echoed through the living room, cutting the silence apart. Jono startled, realizing that everyone had stopped talking. They were staring at him and the drawing. I love it, mush. He made damn sure that everyone received that particular thought. Yer made this yerself, luv? It's amazing, but... Jono hesitated, seeing Remy's shocked expression at hearing the 'but'.

"Mais what?" Remy couldn't stop the trembling that started at hearing that dreaded word. Three devastating letters. Jono doesn' like my drawin', he thought privately. I let him down.

I miss yer in it. Jono leaned in close and brought his fingertips to Remy's lips, caressing them and thus stopping his lover from objecting. I absolutely love that drawing, mush. It's the best present I ever got, but I wish yer 'ad drawn yer face next ter mine. Us, being together in that drawing would 'ave made it even more special.

"I'm sorry..." But Jono's fingertips pressed against his lips and silenced him.

Don't yer say it, luv.

Bobby, Hank, Logan and Scott found that they were holding their breath. This was a private matter between Jono and Remy and they hoped the two men could work things out.

Jono felt Remy's pain and reached out to strengthen the link. He let his emotions drip down the link, telling Remy telepathically how happy he was with the drawing, how much he loved it.

Slowly, Remy realized what Jono was doing and welcomed those feelings, literally sucking them up like a sponge, absorbing them. You really love de drawin', cher?

Yeah, I do, mush. Jono pressed the drawing close to his chest. I'll always treasure it. It's so much better, so much more personal than the things I got yer!

"Oh, cher, I'll love dem!"

Are we okay again, luv? Jono had seriously feared he'd hurt Remy's feelings by using that little word, 'but'.

Remy hesitantly locked eyes with Jono. His heart thundered as he said, "Want me to redo de drawin'?"

Add yer face ter mine, please, luv?

"I'll try." Remy smiled weakly and greedily accepted Jono's embrace. Sorry for doubtin' you, he told Jono while shielding his thoughts from the others.

Yer didn't doubt me, luv, yer doubted yerself.

Although Logan hadn't heard those last few remarks he realized he needed to do something to break the tension and he knew just what to do. "Hey, Drake, here's yer Christmas present." He handed Bobby the gift wrapped box, knowing Bobby could deal with this 'practical joke'.

"For me? For me? You got me a present?" Bobby bounced on the sofa, quickly removing the wrapping paper. He decided he could deal with acting like the clown for now if it took the focus away from Remy and Jono, who sat wrapped up in each other's arms. The two men obviously needed a private moment.

Bobby's eyes caught some of the writing on the box beneath the wrapping paper. "For your pleasure?"

"Uh huh," Logan growled, wondering how Bobby would react to getting a red, rubber butt plug for Christmas.

Bobby had deciphered more of the writing and blushed. A butt plug? Logan got me a butt plug? He'd always wanted to try one, but had never found the courage to go inside an adult store and buy one.

"Aren't you going to remove the rest of the wrapping paper, Robert?"

Bobby shot Hank a dirty look and felt his face turn even hotter. "I think I'll do that later..." Desperately, he tried to hide the box behind his back. He'd get Logan for this!

Logan took pity on Bobby and whispered, "Maybe we can put it to good use later tonight?" Yeah, he'd managed to shut Bobby up again!

Bobby didn't dare nod his head and tried to distract them. "Jono, what did you get Remy?"

Jono nodded his head. Remy, me presents are nowhere as personal as yers. He picked up the largest package and placed it into Remy's lap. When I ordered this I thought we would 'ave fun with it, but I ain't that sure any longer. Jono stole a look at Bobby and the other man laughed encouragingly.

"Merci, cher..." Remy didn't try to remove the paper yet, simply staring at the present, like it would disappear once he touched it.

Come on, Remy, open it! Jono crossed his fingers for good luck while Remy carefully removed the wrapping paper.

Remy's eyes grew big as he dropped the paper onto the floor. After reading the words he looked up at Jono and whispered, "De Penthouse lovin' game?"

It's an adult board game, Jono explained, seeing Remy's confused look. Damn Bobby for making him order this! He shouldn't have listened when Bobby had told him that Remy would love playing it! I thought we could get ter know each other better by playing it. Jono felt the sudden curiosity in Remy's mind and realized his lover did like the game after all. I wasn't sure yer would like it, but...

"I love it, cher. I'd love to play dis game wit' you." A fierce blush appeared on Remy's face.

Bobby smiled, realizing Remy felt shy. He was sure they'd love the game. "Why don't you give Remy another one of your presents, Jono?"

Fine... Jono selected the larger of the two remaining presents and handed it to Remy. It's a silly gift, really.

Hank sighed and Bobby gave his friends an amused smile, knowing exactly which present Jono had picked. "Yeah, they're mushy!"

Remy grinned. "Is dat why you call me mush 'cause I'm mushy?"

Jono's smile changed into a smirk. Maybe.

Remy opened his present and ended up with a small plastic box. After removing the lid, pistachio nuts rolled into his hand. He gave Jono a puzzled look, and then studied the nuts again, realizing something tiny was written on them. It took him a moment to decipher the words. "Remy, I love you?"

Personalized pistachio nuts. Jono cringed, wondering if his presents were a complete failure or a success. Getting Remy personalized nuts seemed so silly. Confused, he watched Remy closely examine each nut. Remy? In disbelief, Jono found that tears were making their way down Remy's cheeks. Remy, wot's going on?

Even Scott grew worried and left his chair to move closer to Remy.

"No one ever did somet'in' like dis for me." Remy wiped away his tears, embarrassed for losing it in front of the others. Cautiously, he placed each nut back into the box and put the lid on it again, treating it like the most precious treasure. I'll never eat dem, cher.

Jono choked up. He'd underestimated the impact his present had on Remy. I'm glad yer like them, luv.

Remy nodded his head and let his hair fall in front of his face as he needed a moment to compose himself gain. "Hey, Bobby, didn' you get Logan a present?" He couldn't bear feeling their eyes on him.

"Yeah, now that you mention it..." Bobby understood what Remy was doing and placed the present he'd gotten his lover onto the coffee table in front of Logan.

Logan operated cautiously. After the stunt he'd pulled on Bobby his lover might try to get even with him. But after opening the box he smiled approvingly. "Cigars and Whiskey, thanks, darlin'." He leaned in closer, brought his arms up behind Bobby's back and pulled his lover close to his chest. "Come here, Drake."

Bobby ended up straddling Logan's lap and allowed his lover to kiss him deeply. "I guess you like my present?" Bobby had to wait for Logan to release his lips to whisper the words.

"I like it aright... maybe I can give ya another present later... in bed?" Bobby blushed and Logan licked his lover's throat, not minding one bit that the others were watching them.

Bobby turned around in Logan's embrace and sat down between Logan's legs, leaning into the powerful chest behind him. "Id' love that, but first Remy has to open Jono's last gift."

Yeah, I 'ope yer like it, luv. Jono felt most insecure about this last gift.

"T'ree gifts? You got me t'ree gift, cher? You didn' have to do dat. I don' t'ink I ever got dat many gifts." Remy had never expected Jono to go through this much trouble. He had to put away the nuts to open the last, smallest, present. His hands shook as he removed the paper and the shaking worsened when a jewelry box was revealed. "Jono?"

Just open it, luv, please.

Remy did and gave Jono a confused look. Remy's gaze traveled back to his gift and he stared at the two stud earrings, cubic zirconia's set in Sterling Silver.

I 'oped Hank would pierce our ears and...

"Pierce your ears, gentlemen?" Hank nodded his head and tried to hide his smirk. "That will be my Christmas gift to both of you as I didn't have the time to do some shopping. Come to my lab tomorrow."

Remy continued to stare at the earrings. He couldn't believe Jono had done this. By wearing them they'd show the world they were committed to each other. It was such a romantic gift!

Bobby grinned. "Just be happy he picked the earrings, Remy. He almost bought nipple rings instead!"

Remy gasped. "Nipple rings?"

"Just kidding!" Bobby managed to duck when Logan tried to playfully slap him.

"Cher, merci, no one ever did somet'in' like dis for me."

So yer want ter wear the earrings? Jono had never felt this happy before.

Mais oui...

"Punch, anyone?" Scott handed everyone a glass, even Jono, who gave him an odd look. "A toast..." Scott raised his glass and the rest followed. "A toast, because I'm really happy to have Remy back and I want to officially welcome Jono to the X-Men."

They sipped and Remy and Bobby's eyes almost popped from their sockets. "Geez, Slim, what did you put into the punch? Vodka?" Bobby looked at his friend. "Whiskey?"

"Just a little bit of this and a little bit of that," Scott said evasively. He put on some soft Christmas music and settled down again in his chair, realizing how special this Christmas was.

Remy had uncovered the pistachios again and stared at the writing with swimming eyes. Jono loves me. He really, really loves me!

Yeah, I do, luv... want ter dance?

Dance? Jono, I don' know...

Jono didn't give Remy a chance to retreat and wrapped his arms around his lover, moving slowly to the music.

"More punch?" Scott filled everyone's glasses again, but didn't drink himself, wanting to stay sober. At least two of them should stay clear headed in case of an attack. The alcohol wouldn't affect Logan and together they should be able to fight off possible attackers. Even Hank was sipping approvingly from his drink.

Remy and Jono were dancing, slowly and intimately, and the rest of the world had seized to exist to them. Scott sat back, happy that everything had turned out so well. He'd deal with Rogue later, now he wanted to savour the moment.

///

I shouldn' have had dat much punch... Remy was hanging on tightly to Jono, who was helping him climb the stairs to his room. I'm so tired...cher, wanna sleep wit' you holdin' me in your arms and de pistachio's close to de bed. You love me!

Jono chuckled mentally. A drunken Remy was quite an experience. His old man had turned violent and mean when drunk, but Remy became talkative and affectionate. Maybe he should thank Scott for adding that alcohol to the punch! Suddenly Remy leaned in close and pressed a kiss on his bandages.

Je t'aime, Jono... You make me happy... Je t'aime, je t'aime, je t'aime!

Oi, me dear Remy... we're in for quite a night!

///

Yer might try ter be a little more co-operative, Remy! Jono sighed mentally. Remy's hands were everywhere, trying to pull and tug him into bed. Yer can't go ter sleep in yer clothes, mush. Let me do dis.

Non... non... Tired and drunken, Remy automatically switched to telepathic speech. His jaw throbbed mildly, but the pain was bearable. Jono loves me... Remy managed to grab Jono's sleeve and pulled him onto the four poster bed.

Remy, do yer always get this easily drunk? Yer only had, wot... two glasses of that punch?

Very let'al punch, cher... Remy giggled and pulled Jono on top of his body. You feel so bien, cher.

Remy, stop it. Jono swatted Remy's hands away, which were trying to pull his sweater over his head. He didn't know what Remy was up to but proceeded with caution. Yer need ter rest, luv. I can see yer eyes drop shut.

Oui, am tired, mais it's a bien fatigue. Remy still clutched the box filled with pistachios to his chest. You really love me, de nuts say so.

Yeah, I love yer, Remy, but stop fighting me. Jono finally managed to get his point across and Remy's hand dropped to the bed, no longer holding onto his sleeve. Let's get yer out of these clothes, they can't be comfortable.

Jono? Briefly, Remy turned sober and realized that Jono was straddling his hips. Hold me tonight?

Sure, mush. Jono succeeded in removing Remy's sweater and dropped it onto the floor. Raise yer 'ips, Remy. The look in Remy's eyes would have made his heart beat faster, if he'd still had one. Don't do this now, yer drunk.

I ain' drunk! I'm tipsy! But Remy realized he had to tone it down. Obediently he raised his hips and allowed Jono to unzip his jeans and remove them. Only clad in briefs he quickly grew cold.

Get beneath the sheets, luv.

Join me, cher?

Jono gave him a thoughtful look and wondered why Remy had to look this sensual, his body holding promises which he yearned to discover, but it was too soon. Jono pulled the blankets up to Remy's shoulders and then looked at him. Don't turn this into sex, Remy.

I won', Remy promised. T'ought 'bout it, mais I'm too much of a coward to seduce you. Remy bit his bottom lip. Mais mebbe we can touch?

Touch? Jono considered it. Maybe... He got to his feet and shed his own clothes. As he started to slip beneath the covers, he found Remy laughing. It's me boxers, init?

Oui, cher... can' help it... black boxers? Dey don' suit you... Fascinated, Remy watched Jono lie down beside him, but the contact was nearly non existent as they weren't skin on skin. Cher, please, wanna feel you.

Jono tensed slightly as Remy moved against him, sneaking his arms up his back and wrapping long legs around his waist. Before he knew what was happening, Remy had rolled him on top of his body. Mush, wot the 'ell are yer doing? He had to stop this now or they might end up regretting things in the morning.

Jono... Remy brought up his hands and caressed his lover's skin, bandages and locks. I know what I'm doin'. I ain' dat drunk... I just want to feel you... I don't want to be scared all de time and mebbe de punch made me realize dat I really want to be wit' you. Don' worry, cher!

Remy smiled and traced the line of Jono's cheekbone beneath the bandages. I ain' askin' yer to have sex wit' me right now, t'ough some of de t'ings I saw in dat book Bobby gave you has me puzzled. Mais please touch me? It's been so long since someone touched me wit' love. Remy swallowed hard, admitting this wasn't easy. I've felt 'lone for so long...

Jono saw the hurt Remy was still keeping inside and didn't protest as his lover touched his lips to his bandages. Letting the kiss continue, Jono slipped his hands beneath Remy's back and soothingly rubbed the soft flesh, determined not to let the scars distract him. I love yer, Remy, never doubt that and if yer need this I will give it ter yer. Remy's tongue brushed against the bandages and Jono's fingers explored every inch of his lover's skin, pulling him into an upright position until they sat facing each other, legs wrapped each other waist.

Remy grew bold and his lips traveled along the bandages, down Jono's chest, finally finding warm skin beneath them. It was an eternal shame that Jono didn't have nipples; he would have loved to tease them.

Remy, please look at me? Jono waited for Remy to raise his eyes and once he had his lover's attention, his hands caressed every facial line, the eyebrows and gently moved over the eyelids. Remy had closed his eyes and Jono softly ran his fingertips over the delicate skin. They settled at the back of the Cajun's neck, massaging the skin there. Wot do yer want, luv? An image of Remy coming hard while being in his arms slipped into his mind and Jono trembled. Yer want me ter make yer come?

Only if you want dat, cher, would never make you do somet'in' yer don' wanna. His erection showed beneath the fabric of his briefs, straining against the fabric.

'ow long 'as it been, Remy? Jono let his hands explore more of his lover's skin, softly rubbing an erect nipple with his thumb.

I don' know, cher... a year? Mebbe longer?

Jono never expected to hear the sobs in Remy's mind voice. Of course, he chided himself. Since Sinister took 'im!

Remy leaned in closer and rested his head on Jono's shoulder, absorbing the warmth and love the younger man radiated. It's been so long and I need it... Making that admission was hard. And you're de only one I love... trust...

Jono stroked Remy's hair, holding him close. This wasn't the alcohol speaking. At first he'd felt disgusted that Remy needed alcohol to reach out like this, to touch his hideous bandages, but now he realized that Remy had been shy, too embarrassed to admit his needs. His hands continued to caress, roll a nipple, pinch it slightly and then one hand continued down to Remy's briefs, stealing inside and encountering warm, slippery flesh. Let's get yer out of these, luv.

Remy nodded his head and helped Jono remove his briefs. Get rid of your boxers too, cher?

Remy... Jono's mind voice carried a warning tone.

Can make you feel bien too... I know it's been a while for you too... He couldn't help it. Jono's thoughts, his past and his hopes were in his mind. Why not love each ot'er, cher?

Jono's hands trembled as he pulled back and allowed Remy to remove his boxers. A myriad of images dove into his mind... {Mon Dieu, he's big... aroused... needs me like I need him... he's beau... didn' know I could like a man dat way...} Jono gathered Remy's hands in his and held them in place. Are yer sure about this, luv? Yer 'ave never been with a man before.

Dere has to be a first for everyt'in', mais... just touch, please cher?

Jono nodded his head. Lean against me, mush. Remy's body collapsed against him and he playfully slapped his lover's hand away as it neared his groin. Not yet.

Mais you're hard!

So are yer, luv. Jono's right hand settled on Remy's back, caressing it with long, comforting strokes. His other hand tentatively cupped his lover's balls, rolling them in their sac. This still okay with yer, Remy?

Oui...

The word was merely a sigh and encouraged Jono let his fingers examine his lover's hard flesh, stroking the perineum softly. 'ow about this?

Even betta...

Remy was rocking slightly, trying to get more stimulation out of his caress and Jono curled his fingers around his lover's cock. Softly he pumped it experimentally.

Oh, cher... feels so bien... Remy was trying hard not to cry. Jono's soft touch felt beautiful and the warm hand that caressed his back enfolded him in a serene sense of safety. Shyly, he raised his hand and buried it in Jono's locks, fingering the strands. Je t'aime, cher.

Jono increased the speed with which he was pumping his lover's cock, realizing how badly Remy needed this. Reaching orgasm and coming wasn't as important as the intimacy of the act that made it special, the trust involved.

May I touch you too, cher? Remy's lips caressed Jono's brow, bestowing feather light kisses on his lover's skin and as his lips moved lower, on to the bandages as well.

Yeah, touch me, Remy. A warm sensation was building in his head and Jono wondered why his mind was on fire instead of his groin. Remy's fingers wrapped themselves around his cock and a mental sigh rippled through their mindscape as Remy's hand matched the rhythm he was pumping his lover's cock in. Remy's busy lips moved against the bandages, nibbling and sucking at the material like it was real skin. His balls tightened and Jono locked eyes with Remy, wanting to see their expression. I'm gonner come, luv.

Moi aussi... Remy arched his back as Jono's agile fingers pushed him over the edge. He'd jumped off a cliff and was falling.

Jono was flying through the sky, falling hard, coming hard and felt Remy's come against his stomach. Catch me...

Remy threw himself at Jono and folded his arms around him. I've got you, cher. They were soaring through the starlit sky together now, holding on tightly, wondering why coming in each others arms felt this good. When they finally came down from the sensual high, they stared into each others eyes, both shaken and dazed. Do you know what happened, cher?

Nay, I don't. I only knew that it was the best orgasm I ever 'ad! Jono rested his brow against Remy's, staring deeply into the dilated pupils. Must be because yer an empath... it felt like me orgasm was thrown back at me tenfold... 'old on, it was yer orgasm I felt... wow.

Remy suddenly felt shy. They had made each other come and now he felt shy?

It was beautiful, wasn't it, luv? So intense, so... beyond words. Jono traced the outline of Remy's bruised lips with his fingertips. I think we're gonner be all right, luv. We'll work out. I never before felt such... true and pure love.

Remy smiled weakly. It was beau, non? Mais cher, we're gonna stick toget'er if we don' move.

A quick shower and then we'll go ter sleep? That fine with yer, luv?

Perfect. Remy's lips licked down Jono's temple and didn't stop as he encountered the bandages. You mind if I check out dat book Bobby gave you?

Be my guest, mush. Jono reluctantly let go of Remy and got to his feet. Yeah, a quick shower and then they'd get some much needed sleep. Suddenly, he realized how quickly he'd gotten used to being able to sleep again. I can only sleep because of me link with Remy... Oi, I love 'im so much.

Remy gave him a puzzled look as he followed his lover into the bathroom. Why did Jono feel grateful and why was that feeling directed at him? He should be the grateful one, grateful that Jono hadn't rejected him. It hadn't been his intention to talk Jono into giving him a hand job, it had just happened and then this wonderful, ecstatic feeling had overwhelmed them both. Everything had felt so right, so perfect... And he would hold onto it forever!

///

"A red, rubber butt plug? Where did you get that idea?" Bobby laid down on his bed, suddenly wondering why Logan still hadn't suggested alternating between their rooms. He'd also noticed that several of Logan's clothes and toiletries had found their way into his closet and bathroom.

Logan grinned wickedly. "Maybe I have a few fantasies of my own... ever thought of that?"

"You want me to... wear it?" Bobby swallowed the nervousness that was blocking his throat. He was growing hard and moaned softly, wondering about Logan's fantasies. I never suspected Logan had fantasies about me!

"Only if ya wanna wear it. No pressure..." But Logan smelled the arousal that gave Bobby away. "But I don't really need to ask... Ya wanna wear it, don't ya?"

Bobby nodded his head, nervously fumbling with the box. The butt plug still sat hidden inside the box. "Tonight?" He sounded way too eager, but didn't care. For so long he'd been forced to hide his sexual preferences and he'd never acted on them, except for the few times he'd had sex with his now ex-boyfriend.

Logan crawled onto the bed, stalked closer and straddled Bobby's hips. "Yeah, tonight..."

Bobby's eyes widened as Logan's hand began to massage his erection through the fabric of his jeans. "You drive me crazy, Logan."

Pleased, Logan noticed that Bobby didn't use that annoying nickname that often anymore. He definitely hated being called Wolfie! "Yer hot, darlin'... why don't we get yer outta those clothes and that butt plug up yer ass?"

Violent shivers racked Bobby's body. "Yes..." He watched helplessly as Logan unbuttoned his jeans, sliding it down along with his underwear. His cock jutted free, standing proud and already slippery with pre-ejaculate. Logan continued to strip him from his sweater as well and Bobby yielded eagerly. "Wanna feel your skin against mine..."

"No, I'm not losin' my clothes yet." Logan chuckled softly. Seeing Bobby's dazed expression, he continued to knead the heavy balls and stroked Bobby's erection slowly. "I wanna see yer face when the butt plug goes up yer ass." He grabbed a pillow and pushed it beneath Bobby's hips. "Ya can do betta than this, babe."

Babe... Hearing that word melted Bobby on the spot. He pulled his knees close to his chest, opening himself to his lover. The predatory look that flashed in Logan's eyes made him swallow convulsively. Fuck, he was in for a wild ride.

"Close yer eyes, Drake..." Logan located the tube of KJ and opened it. "It's gonna be a long night... long and hard."

"Fuck, Logan, please..." Bobby arched his back in anticipation and licked his lips. He obeyed though and closed his eyes.

"And keep them closed..." Logan squeezed a generous amount of KJ onto his fingertip and kneeled between Bobby's legs, parting his lover's buttocks. "Here it comes, babe... just breathe through it."

Bobby groaned wantonly as Logan's fingertip made contact with his skin, slithering closer toward the ring of muscle and then teasing it. Relaxing, Bobby allowed the intruder inside, wishing Logan would hurry and get inside him so that fingertip could brush his prostate.

"Yer ready for this, ya little slut?" Logan leaned forward and licked Bobby's right nipple, lazily drawing circles around the hard nub of flesh. Bobby writhed beneath him and his finger slid inside his lover's body to the knuckle. Expert fingers located Bobby's sweet spot and he rubbed it once.

"Ohhhhh...." Bobby was quickly losing all rational thought, feeling Logan's finger pull back. "Don't!"

"Uh huh, there's gonna be more." Logan added more KJ and pushed inside again, returning with two fingers. Bobby was more than ready for him. "Let's stretch yer ass, darlin'." Logan cast a glance at the toy. Maybe he should have ordered a smaller size butt plug, but Bobby had taken his cock so easily that he'd opted for the 5 inch butt plug instead of the 3,5 inch. It was a real testimony to the faith and trust Bobby had in their relationship to allow the penetration that effortlessly.

Bobby wriggled and then pushed down, craving the fullness that would send shivers of ecstasy through his body. "Stop playing around, man. I can take that damned plug!"

Logan had been waiting for those words and withdrew his fingers, ignoring the little whimpering sounds Bobby made. "Hush, babe, I'll be back with more." He uncovered the butt plug and made sure every inch of it was coated with lube. "Open yer eyes."

Bobby's eyes flashed open, hearing that command and he swallowed hard, seeing the slippery butt plug. "I can take it..." The truth was that he doubted he could actually take it fully and was trying to convince himself he could. "I can take it..."

"We'll see," Logan whispered wickedly and parted his lover's buttocks with one hand. After positioning the butt plug he began to ease it inside. Bobby's eyes grew big and Logan paused. "How does it feel, darlin', tell me."

"Huge..." Bobby tried to regulate his breathing which had sped up. "Slowly..."

Following Bobby's command, Logan started to push the butt plug deeper into his lover's body. "Relax, Bobby, breathe through it." Bobby's erection had faded and Logan leaned in closer, licking it teasingly. He paused again, letting his lover adjust to the growing bulk inside him. Bestowing kisses on Bobby's cock, he smiled as his lover grew erect again. Licking and sucking softly Bobby's erection fully returned.

Bobby's head lolled and his hands found their way into Logan's hair, forcing him to take in more of his cock. The sensation was mind blowing. There was a hot, eager mouth around his throbbing cock and the butt plug continued to travel deeper, filling him nicely.

Bobby's soft, needy whimpers made Logan almost come in his jeans. Thankfully he managed to fight his arousal down. Right now he wanted to pleasure Bobby, his own orgasm could wait. "Almost there, Bobby... just one more inch."

Bobby arched his back and the tip of the butt plug brushed his prostate, sending a wave of ecstasy through his body. Then the toy slid into place, sitting firmly inside his passage. "This feels... incredible... wow..." Logan tapped against the base and the vibrations traveled to his prostate, making him yelp helplessly.

"Ya look so unbelievingly hot, Bobby, with that butt plug up yer ass..." Logan pulled back, leaving Bobby wanting and needy.

"Make me come?" Bobby squirmed on the bed, trying to move the toy inside his body so it would hit his sweet spot again.

"Nah, don't think so." Logan slipped off the bed and got to his feet. Bobby's eyes mirrored stunned disbelief. "I'm gonna take a quick shower and I want ya to get more punch. I wouldn't mind some leftovers either." Logan began to strip and ignored his lover.

"Logannnn!" Bobby felt unable to move. The butt plug made breathing too deeply impossible and he needed to come right now!

"And don't think 'bout touchin' yerself. I can smell yer come on yer. Now put on a robe and get us some punch and leftovers!" Logan grinned as he stepped into the bathroom, hearing Bobby curse behind him. Oh, he loved playing these little games. Bobby got what he wanted most of the time, but it was going to be different now!

"You can't do this to me! Logannnn!" Bobby was about to beg Logan to get back and finish what he'd started, but then realized that this was part of the game his lover was playing.

"I'm waitin'. Go get that punch and somethin' to eat." He didn't add a threat. That wasn't necessary, hearing Bobby get to his feet. The moans and yelps that echoed through the room told him that he'd bought the correct size. The butt plug filled Bobby nicely, rubbing his sweet spot and stretching him. Once he removed it, Bobby would be loose enough to take him in one stroke!

Bobby stumbled to his feet. The toy constantly moved against his prostate and he couldn't believe Logan was leaving it inside him. He'd expected Logan to thrust it and out, fuck him with it, but this torture was way more effective, leaving him wanting more.

I don't know if I can do this... Bobby slipped into his robe and slowly made his way over to the door. "Do you really want me to do this? Go downstairs with that... monster up my ass?"

"Get goin' or it'll stay there all night long!" Logan heard Bobby gasp and got off on it. He'd pumped himself slowly, wanting to come to take the edge off. His come mingled with the water and disappeared down the drain.

Bobby cursed, but opened the door and stepped into the corridor. First he made sure he was alone in the corridor and then stared at the stairs. Descending the staircase would put immense pressure on his prostate and that prospect caused him to shiver. Not wanting to defy Logan he slowly descended the stairs, biting his lip with every step he took.

Finally, after what seemed endless torment, he reached the kitchen. Scott had left the punch on the counter and he filled two glasses with the lethal liquid. Moving over to the fridge he opened it and stared at the turkey leftovers. Someone had put them on the bottom shelf and he had to bend over to close his fingers around the tray. Fuck... The butt plug massaged his prostate as he bend over to get the leftovers and the sensation left him gasping. Don't come! Logan told you not to come!

It took most of his discipline not to wrap his fingers around his cock and jerk off. He placed the glasses on the tray as well and started his way back.

///

Logan lay naked on Bobby's bed, lazily reading one of his lover's comics. He needed his wits about him if he wanted to pull this off and paid Bobby no particular attention as the younger man carried the tray over to the bed. "Put it down on the bed, darlin'." Logan noticed Bobby's expression when he had to bend over. "Hits the sweet spot just right, doesn't it?"

Bobby almost drooled, seeing Logan's naked body and hard cock. In my bed... he's in my bed.

"Come here, Drake..." Logan opened his arms. "But lose that robe first."

Bobby dropped the robe onto the floor and crawled over to Logan on all fours. "Logan, please... I can't take much more of this." Kneeling on all fours, he hovered above Logan who lay comfortably stretched with his back resting against the headboard. He never expected Logan to embrace him and make him straddle his hips. "Ohhh..." The base of the butt plug now rested against Logan's powerful abdomen and sent powerful waves of need through his body.

"Touch yerself, Bobby. I want yer to jerk off."

"What?" Bobby stammered the word.

"Do yerself. I wanna watch yer come." Logan took hold of Bobby's hand and wrapped his lover's fingers around his cock. Covering it with his own, he watched Bobby pump himself slowly. Bobby's eyes closed and he threw back his head. "Yeah, that's it, babe." Slowly, he bucked, driving the plug even deeper into his lover's body. "Do yerself." He released Bobby's hand and watched.

Bobby was riding the toy inside him, moving in his own speed and rhythm. "Wanna come with you inside me..."

"Ya will," Logan promised and pinched his lover's nipples unexpectedly. "I'll need to buy some cock rings... don't want ya too come that quickly."

Bobby suddenly released a raw growl and shot his come across his hand and it dripped onto Logan's abdomen. Shaking, he rocked himself and then collapsed on top of his lover's body. But the toy was still inside his passage, stimulating his prostate and driving him insane. His muscle contracted around the butt plug and he begged Logan to hold him while he rode his orgasm.

But Logan had different ideas. He brought his arms up behind Bobby's back and rolled his lover onto his back, holding him, pressing him down. Bobby's legs opened and he settled between them. "Yeah, that's it, just let it go, babe..."

"Lo...gannn..." Bobby's eyes locked with his lover's and tremors moved through his ass, seeing Logan coat his cock with KJ. "Now? You're gonna take me now?" His limp cock rested spent between his pubic hair and he felt impossibly relaxed.

"Yeah, but lemme set the pace." Logan parted his lover's legs further and pushed a pillow beneath Bobby's lower back. "That felt good, didn't it?"

"Oh yeah..." Bobby grinned, high on adrenaline. "Want you inside me."

"Don't worry, Drake... ya get to take me up the ass after I removed the butt plug."

Bobby panted as Logan began to remove it. His muscle contracted involuntarily and Logan had to add more lube.

"Wanna keep it inside? Sorry, darlin', I wanna get in there. It's my turn now."

"Yes, please, now, inside, get rid of the little bastard..." Bobby was ranting and gasped as the butt plug left his body. He felt stretched and loose and grabbed Logan's ass. "Inside now..."

Logan licked his lips and guided his cock into the slippery and hot opening. Sliding inside, his balls slapped against Bobby's ass. "Ya feel so hot... Wanna play out that fantasy of yers again?"

"Yeah, give it to me hard!" Bobby rose to meet every thrust. He had a tight hold on Logan's ass and used it to push his lover deeper inside. "Fuck, I'm growing hard again!" In disbelief he stared at his returned erection.

"Let's go, sweetheart..." Logan began to pound his lover's ass, pumping Bobby's angry red cock rhythmically. "Like that?"

"Oh yeah..." Bobby's head bumped softly against the headboard as Logan's thrust grew more vicious, moving him over the bed. Suddenly Logan's lips fastened on his right nipple, sucking violently. "Oh... oh...oh... yeah! Yes, harder, harder.... come on, harder... faster.... fuck me!"

"I'm fuckin' ya, Bobby...Yer mine... mine to fuck, mine to play with... Love ya, Bobby... love ya!" Logan buried himself deeply in his lover's passage, which was racked with spasms. "Yeah, make me feel ya come... milk my cock... show me ya love me!"

Deliriously, Bobby clutched Logan's head in his hands and pulled his lover close enough to plunge his tongue into his lover's mouth, sucking his tongue.

Logan returned the kiss and chased Bobby's tongue. Slowly they left their sexual high and stared into the other's eyes. "Geez, Bobby... Yer so good at this..."

Bobby's legs, which had been wrapped around Logan's waist, fell back onto the bed. "Logan... I...I..." Words failed him to describe the feelings moving through him.

Logan carefully pulled out and checked his lover over, searching for blood or other signs that their lovemaking had been too rough. When he didn't find any he lay down on his side and rolled Bobby into his arms. "Yer so hot, darlin'... ya blow me away every time we make love."

Sleepily, Bobby nodded against his chest. "You didn't eat or drink anything yet."

"Wanted to see if ya'd go downstairs with that butt plug up yer ass and ya did..." Logan licked the sweat off of Bobby's face and showered his lover's eyes with kisses. "I need to get ya into the shower."

"Just get a wet towel and clean us up... I don't wanna move..." Bobby sighed distressed as Logan left their bed to follow his instructions. "Hurry back." Instead a wet cloth touched his sensitive cock and he squirmed as Logan cleaned him up. "What are you doing now?" Bobby managed to open one eye as Logan parted his asscheecks again. Something cold and slippery slid inside his passage.

"Usin' the ointment Hank gave ya." Logan made sure he lubricated his lover's abused passage and then covered Bobby with the warm comforter. After cleaning himself up as well, he joined his lover in bed. "Come on, Bobby, drink some punch."

"Nah, don't wanna." But he was pulled into a sitting position and the glass was placed against his lips. He drank half of it and then pushed Logan away to settle down again.

Logan laughed warmly and drowned his own punch. After eating most of the leftovers he slipped in to place beside Bobby and pulled the younger man to his chest, nestling his still hard cock in his lover's cleft. "Feels like finally comin' home," he whispered under the impression that Bobby was asleep.

"I know what you mean... I feel the same way..." Bobby yawned and pressed back against Logan's body. "Can't believe you're hard again..."

"Don't worry 'bout it. I had all the lovin' I need. Go to sleep, Bobby and I'll bring ya breakfast in bed tomorrow mornin'."

"That sounds... great." Dozing off, Bobby sighed blissfully.

///

Sometimes, being an empath sucked. Remy lay safely tucked away in Jono's arms, but his body was humming and vibrating. Have to find a way to keep dem out or dey are goin' to drive me insane.

His sleep had been peaceful and refreshing for the first thirty minutes but then Logan and Bobby had started to go at it for what seemed an eternity. He didn't know what Logan had done to Bobby to make him come like that, but he'd shared Bobby's earth shattering orgasm and Remy hadn't been able to hold back himself. While praying that Jono would stay asleep he used his powers to ensure his lover wouldn't wake.

He was sticky with come now, and Bobby and Logan were to blame for that. Trembling, he lifted Jono's arm, which held him close and assured his lover that everything was just fine. Stay 'sleep, Jono, don' wake up. I'm only goin' to the bathroom.

Briefly, he wondered why only he had been affected by Logan and Bobby's lovemaking. Maybe Jono had stronger shields and was used to keeping everything out? If that was so, maybe his lover could show him how to strengthen his own shields.

Naked, Remy tiptoed into the bathroom. His eyes enabled him to see perfectly in the dark and he didn't switch on the lights. After running some water over a washcloth he cleaned his groin area and managed to get his emotions back under control. Hopefully Logan and Bobby wouldn't have sex again tonight because they were wearing him down.

Involuntarily, he stared into the mirror and flinched. Yes, he was gaining weight and the black circles beneath his eyes were fading, but he still looked into the eyes of a stranger. Suddenly, the walls were coming down on him and he needed out! He returned to his bedroom and slipped into his sweatpants and shirt. Looking at Jono, he knew that his lover would be mad at him for leaving like this, but he couldn't stay here any longer. I'll be right back, he promised and dashed out of the room.

///

Remy released a strangled sigh as he fled into the gardens. Merde, forgot dat it has been snowin'! The white sea of endless snow made him shiver, making him think back to Antarctica. Maybe he should go back to his room. Jono would wake up now that he was no longer around to anchor his lover in his sleep and dreams.

Non, not yet. He let the cold permeate his body and soul and began to feel again. He felt the humiliation he'd suffered during the trial and the abandonment that had overwhelmed him as Rogue had flown away without him, deserting the man she claimed to love.

Then other memories surfaced, memories he didn't want either. Sinister striding inside the citadel, collaring him and dragging him off to his base. The year of solitude and pain that had followed. All things were in the past now, but his past would never leave him and he had to find a way to deal with it.

Jono has become my lifeline. He'd realized that before, but had been weary to admit it for it meant he'd grown depended on his lover. Jono, je t'aime, mais I need to beat dis fear and you can' 'ways be dere for me. What if they were sent on a mission and he lost it? Fell apart because Jono wasn't near?

Am I still an X-Man? Am I?

He didn't know the answer to that question. Finally the cold hit him like a ton of bricks and he decided to head back to his room again and cuddle up to Jono. We'll deal wit' dis toget'er. I ain' 'lone no more. I can' shut him out. He wants to be dere for me!

Remy's face changed into a grimace as new snowflakes descended on him, covering him with a thin lair of snow. He turned around to return to the house, but a soft voice suddenly stopped him.

"Remy?"

Merde, why hadn't he felt her presence before? Stunned, he faced her. "Belle?" Mon Dieu, she was way more beautiful than he remembered. She was the only woman who could pull off dying and return to the living looking that breath taking. He shook the cobwebs that blocked his rational thinking and stared at her dazedly. "What are you doin' here, chere?"

He vividly recalled that she'd died and he'd brought her back from the dead by feeding her the Elixir of Eternal Life and he hadn't seen her since. A year had passed and her hair had grown longer, fairer, but her smile had turned bitter and resembled a grin. "Belle..." Remy remained motionless, uncertain if she was a friend or a foe.

"You changed..." Belle licked her lips and approached him. She noticed him flinch and halted in her tracks. Her spies had reported Remy missing one year ago and suddenly he'd resurfaced again and she'd deemed the time right to pay him a visit.

"What do you want from me?" Remy peeked at the window of his room, almost hoping Jono was looking down at him and coming to get him.

Belle filed away Remy's odd response to her presence, intend on using it in the future. "I'm a friend, Remy." Before sneaking onto the premises she had made damn sure Rogue wasn't around. She'd felt disappointed at first as she still wanted to extract some sort of revenge on the woman who had stolen her memories, but Rogue not being here was the best thing that could have happened. It gave her the opportunity to talk to Remy without Rogue lurking close. "Where did you disappear to, Remy? A year ago you vanished."

"Sinister had me..." The words escaped unintended.

"Sinister... I heard dat name 'fore." But she didn't really know Sinister and let the matter rest. "He hurt you?"

"I'm recoverin', Belle." He felt awkward, knowing that technically he was still married to her. But then again, she had died; didn't that set him free legally? Oh Jono, I never expected her to show up!

Belle noticed his distress and felt the old urge to soothe him. "Remy, I'm here to talk, not fight." Years ago she would have taken him in her arms, soothed him with kisses and caresses, but that was in the past now. They'd both started new lives.

Remy wrapped his arms around his waist, hugging himself, feeling cold to the bone. He shuffled his feet, barely repressing the urge to run inside and up to his room where Jono would hold him.

"Remy?" Belle took a step closer and raised her hand, resting it on Remy's shoulder. She barely recognized her husband. This man radiated vulnerability and seemed terribly fragile. What had happened to him these last twelve months? "Did Rogue..."

Remy cut her short. "Rogue and I are no longer toget'er... dat should please you... You were right, you know... she was no good for me." He averted his eyes, but looked up again as they only found snow.

"Remy, I'm here to warn you." Originally, she'd planned to warn him and then leave again, but now she wasn't sure he could take care of business himself. Maybe she should stay and look after him.

"Warn me?" Remy hoped his voice sounded steady. He didn't want her to know how much her unexpected appearance had shaken him.

"It's Julien." Belle watched his reaction and saw the shivers that shook his body. "After he drank de Elixir of Eternal Life he lost his mind... He heard you're still 'live and he's comin' after you. He never forgave you for..."

"Lovin' you? Tryin' to get you 'way from him? Your père should have acted when he found out Julien... wanted you. Marryin' you was de only way to get you 'way from him." Remy brought his icy hands to his lips and tried to warm them by blowing warm breath across them.

"I know dat, Remy and I'll 'ways love you for gettin' me 'way from him. We would have been happy. I loved you... still do." Belle hadn't expected to grow emotional as well, but they had gone through so much together and Remy had come through for her every time. "Julien's on his way to Westchester to kill you. I can't allow dat to happen."

"You're here to protect me? Belle, I can take care of myself..." But he didn't really believe that. He felt weak and confused and only Jono's presence grounded him. Jono, mon Dieu, Julien would target him as well!

"You don' look like you can take of yourself right now. Remy, you look awful." And he'd said he was recovering! How bad had it been then? Belle rested the palm of her hand against Remy's cheek and felt how cold his skin had become. "Let's go 'side. I'm sure de X-Men will let me stay once you explained to dem what's goin' on. Let me take care of you, Remy."

Remy already 'as someone ter take care of 'im. Jono stared at the fair headed woman that was touching his lover and felt jealous that Remy allowed the touch. Remy, care ter explain ter me wot's going on?

Stricken, Remy stared at Jono, wondering if he could explain Belle to his lover. Please, mon Dieu, I don' wanna lose Jono!

///

"Jono, please! Listen to me!" Remy looked at his lover pleadingly, then his eyes sought out Belle's again. Lost for words, he tried to find a way to assure Jono that Belle wasn't his rival, but Jono's expression spoke of jealousy and betrayal. Jono's eyes were glued to Belle's fingers, which were still touching his skin and Remy abruptly took a step away from her. "Jono, please, I can explain..."

Belle had already picked up on Jono's jealously and wondered about the strong connection between the two men. She never advertised her own minor telepathic abilities, but they sure came in handy right now. Remy moved away from her and towards Jono, and she realized the significance of that gesture. "I'm Belle," she said, introducing herself. Her eyes never left Jono's face, constantly watching his reactions. "I'm Remy wife."

Yer wife? Remy, yer wife? Jono's eyes flashed with anger and pain. Why in bloody 'ell didn't yer tell me yer married? Jono turned away from Remy, eyes blazing with barely contained fury. He had actually believed that Remy loved him! How stupid was he? Why didn't he ever learn? Wasn't he the biggest fool in the known universe to believe Remy LeBeau? The man was married and had never really loved him!

Belle disliked the tone of Jono's mind voice. Something was wrong and she slowly realized she'd caused this unpleasant situation. "I'd say I was his wife," she said thoughtfully. "Deat' parted us and set bot' of us free." But she still wore her wedding band and she quickly slipped it from her finger, hiding it in a pocket.

Jono's jealousy had mystified Belle at first, but was making sense now. Jono and Remy were lovers and Jono felt jealous of her! Why was she surprised? Remy and she had been separated for years and of course would he take a new lover! She'd taken lovers in the past, so how could she possible be mad at Remy for doing the same thing? Or was it because he had a male lover? She'd never known Remy swung both ways.

So how did she feel about that? Remy had already told her that Rogue and he were no longer together and she applauded that fact. Maybe he'd finally understood that Rogue wasn't right for him! She would put Jono to the test and hopefully the young man turned out to be worthy of Remy's love!

Remy's heart contracted painfully, staring at Jono's back. The younger man's defenses slammed into place, almost severing the telepathic part of their link. Pain dripped down the link and into his mind and Jono's misery added to his own. "Jono, je t'aime! You know I love you!"

Apologetically, Remy locked eyes with Belle, begging her to understand. He'd always love her, but too many things had happened between them to become lovers again. It was impossible for them to be more than friends. Their love was in the past and should stay there. Addressing Jono again he whispered, "Je t'aime, Jono."

Jono was tempted to turn around and assure Remy that everything was fine, but he couldn't because everything had gone terribly wrong. He maintained his shields, blocking Remy efficiently. He only allowed one thought to slip through. Why? Why didn't yer tell me yer married?

"I... I never t'ought..." Lost for words, Remy looked to Belle for help. How could he ever explain to Jono that the young man meant the world to him? Belle had always been a good friend, a confidant, but was no longer his lover!

"Legally, I doubt we're still married," Belle mused aloud. Jono had better clean up his act and stop treating Remy like crap or she'd kick his ass for hurting her former husband. She didn't like his attitude one bit!

"Jono, I only love you!" Remy's desperation showed in his eyes. "Please, cher, I can' lose you. Can' live wit'out you!" He doubted he would survive the loss.

Jono cringed at the sight of the tears that leaked out from beneath Remy's half closed eyelids. Remy's pain was palpable in his mind and involuntarily he allowed the link to open again, re-establishing close contact. Remy?

"Please, cher, I need you!" Acting on impulse, Remy pulled Jono's right hand into his and brought it to his chest, holding it close. "Dis heart only beats for you, cher!"

Jono's eyes filled with tears, feeling Remy's love as it sipped down the link. Remy's love for him was real! Remy really loved him! He'd been wrong, wallowing in self-pity earlier. I'm so sorry, luv. Bloody 'ell, I'm so sorry, but I was scared I was gonner lose yer too!

Belle suppressed a grin, seeing them embrace. Maybe she could grow to like Jono after all. At least now he was treating Remy right, even apologizing. The tenderness in Jono's gesture as he held Remy told her of his love for Remy and she approved of it.

Remy released a strangled sigh and melted against Jono, pressing closer to his lover. "I'll never leave you, cher. Je t'aime!" It pained him that Jono still doubted his love for him. He'd hoped Jono finally knew his love was true!

Remy, luv, I'm sorry I reacted like that. Just shows wot a dumb ass, insecure, bastard I am. Jono rubbed Remy's back, inhaling his lover's scent and burying his face in Remy's long locks. I shouldn't 'ave let jealousy get the better of me, but... I felt betrayed, luv. I thought yer only loved me.

"Mais you are de only one I love! You're de love of my life! Oui, I loved Belle, still love her, mais it doesn' compare to de way I love you, cher. Please, you've gotta believe me!" Remy felt desperate; he had to convince Jono of his love or the younger man would leave him!

Belle had listened quietly, not interrupting them, but now she couldn't stay silent any longer. Remy obviously cared a great deal for Jono, even loved him and she couldn't just stand by and let them drift apart. "Remy never lies," she stated. "When he says he loved you, it's de trut'."

Jono locked eyes with Belle, wondering what to make of this woman. Then why are yer 'ere?

"I'm here to warn Remy. My brot'er Julien wants to kill him." Belle saw the shock in Jono's dark eyes and added, "Julien tried 'fore and dis time he's determined to succeed." She wanted Jono to know how serious their current situation was. "Julien's practically immortal and Remy will need all de help he can get!"

Jono's eyes grew big. Blimey, 'ow many enemies do yer 'ave? Yer do make them easily.

"Too many enemies..." Remy sighed. "Cher, I don' want you mixed up in dis. Julien's my problem."

And 'e's mine now too, luv.

Belle nodded her head approvingly. "I wanna stay until Julien's taken care of. He's my brot'er and my responsibility."

Jono peeked at her, trying to repress the shivers that traveled down his spine. Shielding his thoughts from Remy he asked Belle, Are yer a telepath?

Belle grinned smugly. I have some minor telepat'ic abilities, oui.

Does Remy know?

Non, dey manifested while we were apart. Belle didn't want to discuss this any further and concentrated on Remy. "You're shiverin', cher. Let's go 'side."

Jono felt another twinge of jealousy, hearing the concern in her voice. He should have seen Remy was trembling from the cold! Remy was only wearing some sweats and had left the house without wearing socks or shoes. His feet must have turned to popsicles by now! Remy could catch a cold or worse, pneumonia. He barely suppressed the urge to sweep Remy off his feet and carry his lover inside. But he didn't act on it, knowing Remy would never forgive him for babying him in front of Belle. So Jono did the next best thing and stepped out of his Doc Martens and placed them in front of Remy. Step into them, mush.

Amused, Belle watched Remy slip his feet into the boots and then Jono also draped his leather coat across Remy's shoulders to keep him warm. Yes, she definitely started to like him, liked him a lot better than Rogue, whom she still hated for stealing her memories.

As they walked towards the mansion, curiosity got the better of her. "Did Rogue end it?"

Jono saw Remy's stricken look, but didn't say anything. He simply continued to steer Remy toward the doorway.

"Oui, she did. She couldn' deal wit' my past. She found out I got people killed." Belle didn't know about the Morlocks and it was still painful to explain his failure over and over again so he didn't go there. "I offered to let her kiss me 'gain so she'd know de whole trut', mais she declined. De trust, amour was gone and left me wonderin' if it had ever been dere."

"Jono? Remy?" Scott had heard an unknown female voice and had decided to check on them. Looking Belle in the eyes, he wondered who she was. "Is everything fine?"

"I'm Belle," she said in a cold, calculating voice. She didn't trust strangers easily and although her spies had told her about Scott Summers, leader of the X-Men, she had no reason to trust him. "I'm a friend of Remy's."

"She wants to stay a few days, if dat's 'kay wit' you," Remy whispered, shyly meeting Scott's eyes. "A... mutual... acquaintance of ours wants to kill me and Belle..."

"Kill you? Remy, what's going on?" Scott sighed. Why did Remy always attract trouble? "I need names, Remy." He had to know whom they were up against so he could inform the rest of the team whom to look out for. And let's not forget that Creed might still be out there, biding his time. Let's hope they won't team up!

Belle correctly interpret Jono's look; the young man wanted a moment in private with Remy so they could talk. And Remy needs to get warm, preferently into a warm bed. Her gaze shifted from Jono to Scott. "I'll tell you everyt'in' you need to know."

Jono sent a 'thank yer,' into Belle's mind and gently guided Remy towards the staircase. Just a few more steps, mush.

Remy tiredly nodded his head. "Cher, you've gotta believe me! I didn' know she'd ever come to de mansion. We achieved a truce and parted as friends, mais I never expected..."

Remy, luv, it's okay. Don't do this ter yerself or yer will drive yerself insane. Jono opened the door to Remy's room and gently pushed him inside. But I wish yer 'ad told me about Belle before she showed up. I didn't want ter find out about 'er like that. Jono pulled the leather jacket away from Remy's shoulders and dropped it onto a chair. He sat Remy down on the bed and removed the Doc Martens. After lifting Remy's feet he helped his lover to lie down.

Remy obeyed, figuring it was the least thing he could do to make things up to Jono. Suddenly he felt tired, like life had bitten him in the ass one too many times. He wanted to curl up beneath the comforter and hide in his warm cocoon for the rest of his life. Jono tugged at his sweat pants and Remy opened one eye, fastening his gaze on his lover's hands. "What are you doin', cher?"

Yer sweats are cold and clammy from the snow. They need ter go, luv. Snow had penetrated the fabric, leaving it cold and wet.

Remy didn't object as Jono removed his sweat pants, but he shivered as cold air hit his even colder skin. Clad only in briefs, his teeth chattered and shivers racked his body. He hadn't realized just how cold he'd grown outside. "Merci, Jono."

Jono wasn't prepared to see that particular expression in Remy's eyes and gave in willingly as Remy pulled him into bed with him. Jono lay down on his left side and Remy cuddled up to him, facing him. Jono wrapped his arms and legs tightly around his lover's icy body.

"I wanna tell you, need to tell you, 'bout Belle."

Jono stroked Remy's soft hair. Yer don't 'ave ter do that, luv. He felt bad for lashing out at Remy earlier. Yer don't need ter do this now. This can't be easy on yer.

"Non, you have every right to know 'bout Belle and me." Remy took a deep breath, trying to calm down. "I married Belle six years ago so de Assassins and T'iefs would stop fightin' each ot'er. Our marriage would unite de clans. After de ceremony I killed her brot'er Julien in a duel. Never wanted to, mais it just happened. I had to flee N'awlins. At dat time I t'ought I had really killed Julien, mais years later I discovered dat he was still 'live. He tried to lure me into a trap, using Belle 'gainst me and I barely managed to save her life. Belle and I parted as friends, t'inkin' Julien was dead, mais he drank of de Elixir of Eternal life and..."

Hush, luv. Jono looked deeply into Remy's confused eyes. He had to stop his lover's rambling! Calm down, Remy. I ain't leaving yer and I'm no longer mad with yer.

"Jono, cher, please believe me, I only love you! I'll 'ways care 'bout Belle, but we're just bien friends, not lovers!"

But yer still married ter 'er? Jono relaxed slightly after hearing Remy's reassurance.

"As Belle 'ready said, legally, it's a mess. She died and dat ended de marriage, mais..." Remy rested his head on Jono's chest, tenderly caressing the bandages. "We set each ot'er free de last time we met. We're bot' free to date and love. I just ain' sure I can ever marry you."

Remy's alien eyes met his and Jono felt his love's regrets. Just love me, mush.

"I'll 'ways love you, cher. Je t'aime! Never doubt dat!" Exhaustion was wearing him down and his eyes closed as he lost the battle to stay awake.

Go ter sleep, luv. I'm 'ere ter watch over yer. I'll 'old yer, keep yer safe. I'm sorry I ever doubted yer. I thought me love for yer was strong, stronger than this, but I failed yer the first time our love was put ter the test. Jono made sure Remy was tucked in warmly and then kissed his lover's locks. Belle can't 'ave yer. No one can. We belong toget'er. Jono held Remy close and used his telepathy and the link to keep the nightmares away.

///

Scott sat down behind the professor's desk and studied Belle. He'd read Remy's file when the Cajun had joined them and it had mentioned Remy being married, but hadn't given much detailed information. "So you're his wife?"

"I was," Belle said, cocking her head. "Mais I ain' here for chitchat. Remy's in danger and I wanna make sure my brot'er Julien doesn' kill him."

"This Julien's Remy's brother in law?" Another messed up family! Scott wondered why things couldn't go smoothly for a change.

"Julien's 'ways been jealous of Remy and now he's practically immortal he'll try even harder to eliminate Remy."

"Immortal?" Mentally, Scott was taking notes.

"Oui, Julien drank a potion dat makes it very hard to kill him. Maybe severin' de head from de body would do it, mais his body is capable of regeneration."

Shivers ran down his spine. "Excuse me for putting it like this, but you don't seem to care much about your brother's health."

"Julien might be my brot'er, mais dat doesn' mean I've got to like him. He made all de wrong choices in life and Remy's very dear to me. I won' allow Julien to kill him." Belle studied Scott, hoping the man would turn out to be a valuable ally. "You must keep an eye on Remy twenty-four hours a day."

"I'll increase security and make sure someone's monitoring the security monitors at all time. There's a chance your brother will run into an old enemy of Remy and team up."

"What old enemy?" Belle shifted nervously in her chair.

"Creed... Sabertooth."

Belle's eyes narrowed dangerously, recognizing the name. "In dat case I'll stay until we dealt wit' bot' of dem. Can you get me a room close to Remy's?"

"Belle, may I call you Belle?" Belle nodded and Scott continued. "You do realize that Remy and Jono are lovers? You being here creates tension."

"How serious is deir relationship? Does Jono really love Remy?" Belle cursed the fact that she couldn't see Scott's eyes.

"Pretty serious." Scott chose his words carefully. "I've known Remy for years now, but I've never seen him this happy, not even when he was with Rogue."

Belle's eyes darkened. "She was no good for him! I tried to tell him, mais he didn' listen. When Remy loves, he loves completely."

"I need to know you won't try to come between them, Belle. It has taken a lot out of them to get where they are now and Jono and Remy need a break. I won't let you stay if you want to break them up."

"I won'," she promised. "Dis might sound strange to you, mais I want Remy to be happy. I love him 'nough to set him free."

Scott nodded his head once. "I'll show you to your guest quarters and I would appreciate it if you only talked to Remy with me present."

"I can do dat," Belle said, knowing she could steal to Remy's room whenever she wanted. Her father had taught her well and she was a true Assassin, having mastered every aspect of her job.

///

Logan shifted in bed, smelling a new scent. It was a woman's scent and it was familiar. Digging through his memories he tried to identify it. Fuck, why can't I remember? He knew that scent, but labeling it seemed impossible. Realizing Scott was with their unknown guest reassured him that she was welcome and he was resolved to find out her identity first thing in the morning.

Looking at the clock he found that it was five in the morning and he decided to get some more sleep. Bobby moved about in his arms and suddenly the appalling stench of fear poured from the young man's pores. "Hey, kid, everything's fine." He hoped that hearing his voice would soothe Bobby, but it didn't work. Bobby began to trash in his arms and Logan released his lover, not wanting Bobby to feel restrained. What the hell was that nightmare about?

"Bobby? You've gotta wake up now." Logan watched Bobby trash wildly and when it became apparent that his lover didn't hear him, he folded his arms around Bobby. Being familiar with startling nightmares himself Logan began to rock Bobby slowly while muttering reassurances. "It's okay, Bobby. Nothing can hurt ya now. Wake up, Bobby, come on, I know ya can do it!"

Suddenly Bobby's eyes flashed open and Logan saw the panic in them. "It's okay, darlin'. I'm here and I'll keep ya safe."

Bobby released a sigh, feeling embarrassed. "Sorry, Logan..." He'd had this particular nightmare before, but back then he'd woken up in Hank's lab.

"Who scares ya like that?" Logan's fingers soothingly rubbed Bobby's back in long strokes. "Ya can tell me."

"It-t was-s Creed..." Bobby stuttered and didn't make eye contact with Logan.

Logan growled. "Creed?" What was that bastard doing in Bobby's dreams? A startling thought flashed through his mind and he cupped Bobby's chin in the palm of his hand, forcing his lover to look up at him. "Did he hurt ya when he drugged ya?" Fuck, why hadn't he thought of that before? Bobby had been helpless when Creed had abducted him and there was no way of knowing what the bastard had done to Bobby!

"I was out for most of the time..." Bobby paused to regulate his too fast breathing. "But he did-d s-say s-something-g..." The stutter was back.

"What did he say? Tell me, Bobby. I'll rip his heart out the next time he and I meet." Logan held Bobby tightly and felt his lover's body start to relax. He loosened his grip somewhat, but held Bobby's eyes prisoner with his.

"He said he was gonna get even with you," Bobby blurted out. "That he'd s-seen us... had w-watched us... had s-seen the lust in your eyes and that... that... he'd make s-sure you'd only get d-damaged g-goods. That he would..." Bobby couldn't say the actual words. Creed had taunted him when the drugs had made him collapse and later Creed's words had grown more explicit, leaving no room for misinterpretation. Logan's growl pulled him from the past and he stared into furious eyes. "Logan?"

"Bobby, did Creed..." Logan searched Bobby's eyes for an answer.

"He didn't touch me, Logan, but I know... felt... He would have... if he'd had the t-time..." Bobby buried his head against Logan's chest and held on tight. "I'm so glad you came for me."

"The bastard will never 'gain lay a finger on ya, darlin', I promise!" Passionately, he pressed a kiss onto Bobby's locks. "Why didn't ya tell me?"

"Nothing happened and I didn't want you to think of me as a c-cry-b-baby..." Bobby choked out. "Usually it's no big deal, but when I'm asleep Creed seems larger than life." Making this admission had tired him and he shivered against Logan's body.

"I'm sorry he scared ya like that, darlin'. I should have killed him a long time ago, but the bastard's resilient. I promise he'll never hurt ya like that, will never get close to ya 'gain." But as he spoke the words Logan knew he might not be able to keep his promise. "Now that you're my lover, Creed will continue to target ya, Bobby. Ya'll have to be careful."

"I know that." Bobby managed to compose himself again and smiled at his lover. "You know what I need right now?" Seductively, he curled his fingers around Logan's limp cock, which rapidly began to grow hard. "Feel you inside me. I need to know Creed can't destroy this."

Logan studied his lover and nodded his head. Bobby needed this right now, needed to re-affirm their connection. "Ya'll get what ya want, but lemme do this?" Logan locked his arms into place and rolled him onto his back. Bobby's legs spread automatically and he moved between them. "Close yer eyes, Bobby."

Bobby obeyed and he bucked wantonly as Logan's tongue massaged his left nipple, suckling it.

Logan knew Bobby wanted him to call the shots in bed, but this time would be different from the others. His tongue tormented the other, neglected, nipple and bit softly into the hard nub, making Bobby squirm beneath him. Traveling down, he encountered Bobby's hard cock and heavy balls. Teasingly, he ran his tongue down the length of his lover's shaft and then engulfed it in tight heat.

Bobby groaned as Logan's lips closed over his cock, suckling and running his tongue over his cockhead. "Logan... fuck... now." Usually he really enjoyed the foreplay, but not this time; his need was too raw.

Logan grinned, realizing Bobby's eyes were still closed. He held Bobby close and then rolled Bobby on top of him. "Yeah, fuck... now!" Logan repeated Bobby's words and pulled his knees up to his chest, presenting himself to his lover. He'd never offered to bottom before, not with Bobby and certainly not with his one-night-stands. Grabbing the lube, he pushed it into Bobby's hand. "Open those eyes, darlin' and fuck me."

Bobby's eyes flashed open and he stared at the beautiful, muscular body that lay beneath him, ready for the taking. "You want me to...?"

"To fuck me, yeah."

Bobby stared at the washboard abdomen, Logan's muscular thighs and powerful chest and this man wanted to be fucked? Wrong! It seemed so wrong! Logan was a top, not a bottom! But, my God, I can't deny I want to fuck him. Did Logan know that?

Logan wiggled his ass and grinned at Bobby. "Come on, Drake. Ya know where everythin' goes!"

Oh yeah, he did and before he knew what he was doing, he'd squeezed some KJ onto his fingers and was now coating his throbbing cock. Kneeling, his finger exploratory touched Logan's opening and his eyes grew wide as his finger slipped inside unintentionally. He'd just wanted to probe his lover's ass, not slide into it!

Logan groaned and licked his lips. "Come on, Drake, ya can do betta than that. Let me have it! Stop teasin' me and get yer cock in here!"

"Is that an order?" Bobby teased, but positioned himself at Logan's opening, wondering how it would feel to be inside that hot tunnel. "Logan, are you sure? I don't wanna hurt you or..."

"Healin' powers, darlin'. Ya can't hurt me even if ya wanted to."

Bobby swallowed hard and pushed inside. "Fuck, you're tight!" An incredible tight fist seemed to grip his cock as he pushed further inside. Looking down, he frowned in disbelief, seeing his cock invade his lover's body. "My God, Logan I..." He plunged inside, his balls slapped against Logan's ass and an angry growl fled his lover's lips. Bobby didn't dare breathe. Logan was so tight that he feared he'd come without a single thrust.

Dazed, Logan concentrated on this incredible feeling of being filled. He'd never taken a cock up his ass and had to get used to the sensation. So Bobby felt like this every time they made love? He wasn't sure what to make of the sensation, which wasn't unpleasant, but still not pleasant enough for him to want to repeat this.

Bobby, who finally re-found his composure, thrust carefully, sliding in and out the hot passage. "Logan, I love you..." Carefully, he aimed for his lover's prostate.

Logan's eyes almost popped out of their sockets as Bobby's cockhead brushed his prostate, sending an unfamiliar sensation through his body. "Feels like I'm gonna come... 'gain and 'gain!" Every time Bobby rubbed against his prostate he felt like coming.

Encouraged by his lover's eager responses, Bobby began to thrust in earnest. "Wolfie, I could get used to this! Man, why didn't I ever do this before? You've got no idea how good you feel."

Logan arched his back, pushing back and panted heavily as Bobby's thrusts massaged his prostate. "Bobby, gon... na... come!" With a roar, he shot his load onto his stomach.

Bobby thought he'd lose his mind as Logan's inner muscle clenched him rhythmically. Losing his control, he buried himself deeply in his lover's body and yelped Logan's name as he climaxed.

Bobby trembled above him and Logan released his knees, letting them drop onto the bed. He enfolded Bobby in his arms and tried to make eye contact. Tremors rocked Bobby's body and Logan murmured soft endearments into Bobby's ear. "Yeah, darlin', I love ya, never gonna leave ya."

Bobby shivered violently and raised his head to finally look into Logan's eyes. "That was fucking incredible! I never knew it'd feel like that. Man, you must love fucking me through the floor!"

"It was pretty amazin' to experience it from this side as well." Bobby's cock grew limp inside him and he urged his lover to pull out.

"Don't wanna leave yet." But Bobby obliged Logan and pulled out. Shivering, he straddled Logan's hips. A part of him still couldn't believe that Logan had let him top this time. "Why?"

"Ya needed to be in control, sweetheart, and I didn't mind doin' this for ya... but the next time I get to top 'gain!"

"Sure, Logan." Bobby covered Logan's body with his. "Am I too heavy?"

"Nah, ya feel just fine..." Logan pulled up the comforter and covered them with it. "We can get cleaned up in a sec. Just wanna hold ya a little longer, 'kay?"

"More than okay," Bobby whispered contently.

///

Remy softly cursed his inadequate shields. Jono really needed to show him how to strengthen them! Bobby and Logan were having sex again and this time the coupling left him whimpering and aroused. Jono's arms and legs were wrapped around him and his erection pressed against his lover's abdomen. Please don' wake up, cher...

Sorry, luv, but I'm already awake. Jono felt Remy flinch. It's Bobby and Logan, init? Yer can feel dem.

Remy raised his eyes and stared into Jono's. "I can' seem to lock dem out and now..."

Now yer 'ard too. Jono studied Remy's draped eyes, feeling lust and arousal roll off his lover in waves. He forced himself to momentarily forget about Belle and the threat she still posed in his mind. Yer want me ter take care of that? His fingers traveled lightly down Remy's abdomen, gently stroking his lover's cock and rolling Remy's balls in their sac. Was Remy ready to take another step?

With utmost trust in his lover, Remy nodded his head. "Wanna feel you close, cher."

'ow close? Jono's hands mapped Remy's body, scanning his back, the scars and hard nipples.

"I ain' sure I can go all de way..." Remy said apologetically. "Mais I want to feel you." Remy recalled several pictures he'd seen in the book Bobby had given Jono. Back then Jono had wondered about who would be topping when they decided to make love. "Want to feel you inside me, cher, mais I'm 'fraid."

Then yer ain't ready yet, luv. As long as yer afraid I won't take yer... but there are other ways ter make yer come... Do yer trust me? Trust me completely?

Remy swallowed hard. "I do, cher." Jono's fingers were doing amazing things to his cock and he was already leaking pre-ejaculate. He arched an eyebrow when Jono pushed away the comforter, leaving him shivering in his underwear.

Those briefs 'ave ter go. Did yer ever consider going commando, Remy? Yer have got such a gorgeous body... Jono got to his knees and removed his lover's briefs. Remy now lay naked in front of him and Jono wished he could wrap his lips around that throbbing cock. I loved givin' 'ead when I still 'ad a mouth, luv. I'm sorry I can't do that for yer.

"You've got talented fingers, cher..." Remy lifted his hips as Jono pushed a pillow beneath them. Jono's fingers bestowed butterfly caresses on his chest, thighs and cock and he panted softly, biting his lip.

Jono found that Remy's eyes had darkened; the red was almost gone and black stared back at him. Do yer need this so badly, mush?

Oui, need dis, need you. Oh, Jono... please... don' know what to do... Licking his lips, his head began to loll as Jono's agile fingers returned to tease his balls and press against the perineum.

Lemme set the pace, all right, Remy? Jono stared at the naked body beneath him and felt touched that Remy trusted him like this.

Oui, cher, trust you... Remy's left hand was clawing the sheets and with his right he was trying to get hold of Jono, but his lover pushed it away, placing it onto the bed as well. Cher... He wasn't above begging and whispered into Jono's mind, Make love to me, mon amour?

But Jono recalled the doubts Remy had voiced earlier and realized his lover wasn't ready yet to go all the way, but he could try something else. Luv, do yer 'ave lube?

Lube? Remy's heart thundered. Did that mean Jono was going to take him? Non, sorry, cher. When I was wit' Rogue I never got laid and...

Wot about hand lotion?

In de bathroom. Remy moaned demonstratively at the loss as Jono got to his feet. Writhing on the bed, he wondered what Jono was going to do to him. A moment later his lover was back and Remy looked into his dark, soft eyes. Oui, I trust you, cher... do whatever you want wit' me.

Hearing those words made Jono halt in his movements. Remy's unconditional love wrapped itself around him. I'll never 'urt yer, luv and that's why we can't go all the way right now. Yer ain't ready yet. Yer still afraid, but maybe I can take away some of yer fear. Jono's fingers were covered with lotion and as he lay down beside Remy, he urged his lover to move closer. Remy did and moulded himself against his body. Now try ter relax and enjoy the ride.

Nervously, Remy nodded his head and a series of gasps and whimpers left his lips as slippery fingers curled around his cock, pumping steadily. It was a nice rhythm and Remy hoped he wouldn't come right away. Suddenly Jono's bandages pressed against his lips and he reacted instinctively, opening his lips, parting his teeth and letting his tongue move against them.

Yer so 'ot, luv. I never knew someone this sexy. Jono grew quiet again, concentrating on the rise and fall of Remy's chest and measuring his strokes. He used his other hand to roll an erect nipple between his fingertips, tugging at it. As he pinched it roughly, Remy bucked, trying to fuck his hand harder. Do yer really want ter feel me inside yer? Yeah, Remy was bordering on the edge, needing to come and maybe this would make climaxing even better for his lover.

"Oui..." Remy whispered hoarsely.

Then spread yer legs for me, luv.

Remy did and felt Jono's hand, which had tormented his nipples, move between his legs, running down his cleft. Mon amour, need you... Normally he would have come by now, but something was keeping him back, stalling the pleasure and as he looked into Jono's eyes he realized what his lover was doing. Lemme come...

Not yet... One finger found Remy's opening and the tip pressed against the ring of muscle, massaging it gently, trying to prepare his lover for the intrusion that would follow. Tell me when yer wanna stop. We don't 'ave ter do this right now. But Remy's trust and love assured him that his lover wanted to try this. It might 'urt at first, Remy. I ain't gonner lie ter yer. Try ter relax.

Remy trembled and his breath caught as Jono's fingertip pushed passed the guardian ring and into his body. Mon amour, never felt dis 'fore... feels...

Jono pushed deeper, trying to locate his lover's sweet spot. He didn't feel any pain in Remy's mind, only curiosity and minor discomfort. Let's see if yer like this...

What? Oh, mon Dieu! Remy almost came from the unexpected sensation alone. Suddenly his lower body was on fire and he felt like he had to pee and come at the same time. The waves of pleasure continued to roll through his body and strengthened every time Jono's finger rubbed something inside his ass. What... are... you... doin? Mon Dieu! Fuck...!

I'm gonner rub that spot constantly once we decide ter go all the way. That's yer prostate, Remy. Jono wondered about Remy's intense reaction and pulled out to add more KJ.

Non! Don' leave me like dat! Remy tried to grab Jono's hand, intent on forcing it to return.

Jono sent a chuckle into Remy's mind. Maybe yer wanna try two fingers, luv? Will feel even better, fuller.

Oh oui, please... make me come... Remy quavered, feeling Jono's slippery fingertips against his opening. It briefly hurt, but then Jono was inside with two fingers, rubbing that spot again. Oui, feels better, fuller... oh, mon coeur, je t'aime. You're drivin' me insane! Involuntarily, Remy pushed back and gasped at the sensation. Je t'aime, cher... please...

Remy, didn't any of yer girlfriends push a finger in there while givin' yer a blow job? Don't tell me yer a complete virgin at this! Someone must 'ave fingerfucked yer!

But Remy ignored Jono's question. Oh, more, more! Remy was rocking rhythmically, impaling himself on Jono's fingers. Can we try t'ree?

Jono understood; Remy was a virgin when it came down to anal sex. Jono shook his head. Luv, yer amazing! Obliging his lover, he pulled out and coated another finger with KJ. Yer want three, mush?

Oui! Remy closed his eyes, focusing on the welcome intrusion and rocked helplessly as three fingers slipped into his body. Unexpectedly, Jono returned to pump his cock and as his lover began to fingerfuck him in earnest Remy lost his last bit of control. Oui, cher, harder, more... Mon Dieu... gonna come....AAARGHH!

Jono's own climax took him by surprise. He'd known he was close as well, but coming at the exact same time as Remy was unexpected. Rubbing Remy's sweet spot one last time, he collapsed, allowing their mutual orgasm to rock them both. Seeing Remy's big eyes, he whispered into his lover's mind, I came too, luv.

Hold me, cher! Hold me! Clinging to each other, they trembled under the impact of their shared orgasm and Remy sought out his lover's bandages again, licking and kissing the place where Jono's mouth had once been.

Jono threw back his head, feeling Remy clench around his fingers. The spasms faded slowly and he wondered how much better it would feel if it'd had been his cock instead of his fingers inside Remy. Luv, yer feel fucking fantastic. Makes me feel really thankful that yer my lover.

Remy's body slowly came down from the sexual high and he closed his eyes, not wanting Jono to see the tears that lurked there. He'd never expected it to feel this good and now he felt humble and shy that Jono loved him. Jono's fingers moved inside him and he protested at once. "Non, not yet! Wanna feel you..."

Sorry, luv, but I better pull out now... Once the adrenaline wears off yer will feel sore. Jono pulled out and heard Remy's sob. 'ey, mush, wot's going on?

You felt so right!

Jono gently wiped away the single tear that had escaped Remy's eyes. 'eh, it will feel even better when we go all the way... He pulled Remy close and covered them with the comforter. Uncertain whether to bring this up now, he decided to go ahead any way. Yer liked that, didn't yer? Me fingerfucking yer?

Oui. Remy closed his eyes and rested his head on Jono's shoulder. Guess dat answers de question who will be toppin' when we make love.

Are yer sure about that? Yer want me ter top? He'd assumed Remy would feel way more comfortable topping.

Yer felt so bien, so right inside me. I wanna feel it 'gain. Remy tried to stretch his body, but it objected, telling him he was sore in places he'd never known existed. Do you wanna take me like dat?

Bloody 'ell, Remy. I 'ave erotic dreams about taking yer! 'ow can yer doubt I want yer like that?

Remy smiled and lifted his eyes, finding Jono's. "Don' make me wait too long, Jono..."

Patience is a virtue, luv. Yer might not feel it now, but yer will feel sore in the morning.

Will remind me of bein' wit' you in dat way... Remy snuggled back up to Jono. He finally felt reassured that everything was back to normal between them. Je t'aime, cher.

Love yer too, mush! Jono sensed Remy fall asleep again and sighed relieved. Remy had reacted beyond his expectations. He still couldn't believe Remy had given himself like that. Jono dozed off as well, trying to imagine what it would be like once he took his lover fully.

///

Creed wasn't sure what to make of his new ally. Had he made a mistake? Gonna keep a close eye on you. The stench of death was almost unbearable and Creed growled at the unpleasant sensation.

Julien eyed Creed suspiciously. When he'd encountered Creed his first reaction had been to fight and kill the other man, but once they were fighting words were exchanged and they stopped, realizing they could help each other. "So it's agreed, I get LeBeau and you get your enemy's lover." He'd never trust Creed, knowing the man wanted LeBeau for himself. "You can have whatever is left of de t'ief after I'm t'rough wit' him."

"Agreed." Creed wanted them both, Drake and LeBeau. He wanted LeBeau to die slowly and painfully and then he'd use Drake's body for his pleasure. Now that the man was Logan's lover Creed wanted to hurt him badly before killing him. Raping and killing Bobby would get his message across and hopefully Logan would be blind with rage so he could finally kill his old arch enemy.

"Why do you hate LeBeau?" Julien asked as they sneaked closer to the mansion.

"A lot of reasons..." Creed said evasively. "What about you?"

"He tried to steal my sister 'way from me." Julien caught his reflection in the ice that had formed on the lake and grinned smugly. Yes, he'd paid a high prize, but his body was strong now and nearly indestructible.

"You stink of death."

"I know..." Julien's grin turned into a grimace. "Dat's 'cause I am dead, mon ami."

Creed's stomach contracted. He'd worked with killers and maniacs before, but never with the dead.

///

Scott sat up straight in his chair, watching the screen. The security cameras had picked up on movement, but it was hard to track down the source.

"Somet'in' wrong, Summers?" Belle hadn't been able to stay in her room any longer. The walls had been coming down on her and she'd left her assigned quarters, seeking out Scott.

Scott took a moment to phrase his answer. "The camera picked up on some movement. Could be an innocent animal."

"Could be Julien," she corrected him. "I wanna check on it."

Scott felt the same way, but didn't know if she could fight off a possible attacker. "You're a guest and I can't endanger your life so I want you to stay here."

"Non! I know Julien betta dan you. I know what he's up to. My brot'er is my responsibility and I will take him out! I can take care of myself. I'm a trained assassin!"

Scott cringed under the onslaught of her words. "Keep behind me," he said, giving in.

"We'll see 'bout dat!"

///

Creed and Julien had discussed their tactics earlier and had now split up. Creed would provide a distraction so Julien could enter the house unnoticed, where the Cajun would disable the security system. Once the X-Men no longer had a location on him, he would use the back entrance and slip inside as well. He grinned, baring his teeth, envisioning Drake and LeBeau on their knees in front of him, begging him for mercy. "No mercy for you two!"

///

Julien stood hidden behind some trees, waiting for someone to check on the intruder. When Scott left the building he realized their plan was working, but seeing Belle, a dangerous rage built in the pit of his stomach. How did she dare follow him here and warn LeBeau? She couldn't still love the bastard! That was impossible! It was their father's fault! He should never have married Belle off to LeBeau. His sister belonged to him! The clan of the Assassins should be his, not Belle's!

"You're gonna pay for dis, LeBeau. You're gonna die slowly!" He waited until Scott and Belle had disappeared from view and then used the code he'd memorized to get inside. Scott hadn't even bothered to shield his fingers when he'd punched in the code earlier.

Once inside, his first task was to disable the security system.

///

In his lab, Hank arched an eyebrow as the screen flashed brightly and then died. "No!" He'd just entered new research data and the computer couldn't die now! The lights flickered as well and Hank hoped it was only a minor glitch, but then the lights died and he pulled himself to his feet. It was seven in the morning anyway, time to get some breakfast.

As he reached the doorway, he cursed loudly. The steel doors refused to open. Turning around, his eyes searched for another way out, slowly realizing he was a prisoner in his own lab.

///

Julien laughed grimly as the security system went off line. Now it was only a matter of mere minutes until Creed would sneak inside as well. Pulling up a blue print of the mansion he quickly located LeBeau's room, which was quite close. Bien.

///

Scott stared at the down trodden grass. "Someone's been here and it wasn't an animal." The print was much too deep and big to belong to an animal.

"Creed or Julien?" Belle suggested. Her sixth sense was telling her that something was wrong. "We're not supposed to be here. What if dis is a trap or a distraction?"

Scott had reached the same conclusion and kicked himself mentally. "Let's head back. I want you to stay close, understood?" He didn't want to have to worry about her as well!

///

Julien opened the door to LeBeau's room and set a small canister on the floor. After opening it, the gas began to fill the room. His eyes scanned the room and he felt a terrible anger, discovering the two men curled up intimately in bed. "Whore..." he whispered. "You took Belle 'way from me and now you turned to men? Disgustin'." He waited for the gas to do its job. Sedated, both men would be pliant and offer no resistance.

Walking toward the bed, Julien cocked his head. LeBeau's features hadn't changed over the years, but he looked older, much older than twenty-three. "I'm gonna enjoy killin' you."

He grabbed LeBeau's wrist and pulled him onto his feet, then draped him across his shoulders in a fireman's carry and dragged him off.

///

Logan's nose twitched, as a disgusting smell invaded his nostrils. Smelled like some sort of gas, but why was he smelling it? After making sure Bobby was sleeping comfortably he got to his feet and slipped into his jeans. The hair at the back of his neck was standing rigid and he proceeded cautiously, releasing his dangerous claws from their sheaths.

"Creed." His enemy's scent was mixed in with the gas and he'd almost not detected it. Soundlessly, he sneaked down the stairs and concentrated on Creed's scent. Remy's room... he's headin' for Remy's room! Logan picked up speed as he ran through the corridors.

Unexpectedly Creed's scent grew stronger and he realized he'd made a mistake. The mad man was waiting for him in this corridor and a strong arm catapulted him into the wall. "Fuck..." A rib broke and slowly restored itself again. Logan got back to his feet and stared into Creed's diabolical visage. Suddenly, Bobby's words slammed back into his mind. "Ya stay 'way from Drake, ya hear me?"

Creed laughed victoriously. "The little slut must be good in bed for you to get riled up like that. Guess he gives good head and let's you fuck him whenever you want to? I can smell him all over you, his come and sweat. I'll try his ass before slashing his throat."

Logan growled and attacked. Good, Logan, you're doing exactly what I want you to do. Go berserk with rage and it will be so much easier to finish you off!

///

Remy? Remy! Drowsy, Jono opened his eyes and checked the room for his lover, but Remy was gone and he was alone. Startled, he got to his feet and swayed as the after effects of the gas hit him. Why is it affecting me? I should be immune ter it. I ain't inhaling it! Remy, fuck, of course that's it! I'm drowsy because 'e is and I'm feeling it because of the link!

He tried to shake the cobwebs from his mind and slipped into his jeans and shirt. After putting on his boots he managed to stagger to the doorway. I've got ter find Remy! Who knows who's behind this and wot they got in store for 'im! 'old on, luv, I'm on me way!

///

"It was almost too easy, Logan," Creed snarled and kicked his fallen opponent in the stomach. In his rage, Logan had lost control of his emotions and had fought blinded, not even paying attention to Creed's game plane. "Now it's time for stage two." LeBeau would be his after Julien was through with the Cajun and he intended to thoroughly enjoy Remy's body. But it was Bobby's turn first. Looking over his shoulder at a severely injured Logan, Creed considered killing the Canadian but then shrugged it off. He wanted Logan to suffer and taking his lover away from him would affect Logan most. I want you to live a little longer. I want you to find your lover's raped, dead body... Sweet revenge!

Single-minded, Creed left the corridor and followed the scent, which would lead him to Drake's room.

///

"LeBeau, wake up, LeBeau!" Julien dropped Remy hard onto the concrete floor. He'd chosen the basement to carry out his plan, not wanting to be interrupted. Kicking Remy in the face he enjoyed hearing the pain filled moan that echoed through the nearly empty basement. "I want you to be conscious when I finally kill you. Open dose devil eyes and look at me!"

The cold voice cut through his mind and Remy's eyes opened. Non, can' be his voice. Julien ain' here. But hadn't Belle warned him that Julien was on his way to extract his revenge? He used his arms to cover his face as Julien delivered another vicious kick.

"You took Belle 'way from me. I tried to tell mon père dat you weren' good 'nough for Belle, but non, did he listen? Now I have to kill you myself, not dat I mind. I dreamed about killin' you slowly. I know so many ways to end your life, LeBeau."

Julien grabbed his wrists and forced them down his body. Remy finally looked up into Julien's eyes and cringed, trying to crawl away. "You're dead! Look at you! You're dead!"

Julien laughed bitterly. "So you noticed... you're partly to blame for dat. I should have killed you in dat duel!" Julien straddled Remy's hips, keeping him in place and making sure the other man couldn't charge his cards. "And even now Belle still comes runnin' after you! Poor père must be turnin' in his grave!"

"Leave me 'lone!" Now that he'd dealt with the initial shock Remy was determined to fight. He had too much to live for and wouldn't desert Jono.

"Forget 'bout chargin' your cards, LeBeau, I won' let you move." Julien's unholy strength kept Remy firmly in place.

"NON! I won' let you do dis!" Remy reacted instinctively, sending pain and terror into Julien's mind. The other man lost his grip on his wrists and Remy struggled free. He'd forgotten he was free to attack with his charging power, focusing on his empathy instead. "Feel it! Feel my pain and lemme be!"

///

Jono heard Remy's screams and ran faster, locating his lover behind a few trees. Remy was covered with snow and was crawling backwards, trying to get away from his attacker. I'm coming ter get yer, luv. Don't let this creep get away! He'd overheard their conversation and realized Belle had been right; Julien was here to kill Remy!

"Jono, wait!"

Jono looked up and saw Scott and Belle approach as well. Julien's got Remy!

"Merde! Leave him to me!" Belle sped up and tackled her brother, pulling him away from Remy. She was ready to fight him to the death when she realized that he wasn't fighting back. Stunned, she stared at Julien, who was curled up beneath her, clutching his head.

"Make it stop... please, make it stop!" Julien's tone spoke of his agony.

Remy, luv, are yer okay? Jono resisted the urge to pull Remy in his arms. Instead, he pulled Remy to his feet, trying to remove the snow from his lover's naked skin. Without hesitation, he stripped and helped Remy into the clothes. Don't worry, mush, I don't feel the cold. I'm glad I'm still wearing me boxers though.

Remy stood entranced, his eyes locked on Belle, who pulled Julien to his feet. She used a communication device attached to her wrist to call in the faithful Assassins that had followed her to Westchester.

"We'll take care of him," she said. "I'll meet up later wit' you." She grabbed Julien and pushed him away from the house, ignoring his pleas 'to make it stop'.

Wot did yer do ter 'im, luv? Amused, Jono realized that every time he came to the rescue Remy had already taken care of business himself.

"Gave him my pain..." Remy's eyes met Jono's and his breath caught. "Merde, cher... Julien wasn't 'lone, I feel..."

Scott beat Remy to it. "Creed, right?"

"In de house, Cyke and... he found Bobby." Now that he focused his empathy he sensed Bobby's terror. "We've got to move quickly!"

Stunned, Jono and Scott watched Remy run toward the house. They had thought Remy had no energy reserves left. They started running as well, trying to catch up to Remy.

///

Something snapped into place around his neck and Bobby's scream cut through his quiet bedroom. His eyes opened and he froze, staring into Creed's diabolical face. What was Creed doing in his room and where was Logan? How had Creed gotten passed security?

Bobby realized those questions were the least of his concern when he identified the collar around his neck. Where the hell did Creed get them? He was collared and couldn't use his mutant powers.

"Look what the cat dragged in..." Creed purred the words and used one hand to keep Bobby pressed against the mattress. Leaning in closer his breath touched his victim's skin. "Don't count on Logan to come to the rescue. I messed him up pretty bad and he needs some hours to heal." Purring, his tongue lapped at Bobby's skin, leaving a wet trail down his cheek. "In the meantime you'll entertain me."

Bobby shivered, reading Creed's intentions in his eyes. This time the bastard would hurt him. Logan, damn it, where the hell are you? He tried to ignore the fear that crept up his spine as Creed's other hand found a way beneath the comforter. Fuck, he'd gone to bed naked and was probably still sticky with Logan's come.

Creed smelled it as well and his claws moved over the sticky remnants of Logan's semen. "It's been a while since he took a man to his bed. You must be special for him to let you sleep at his side. I watched him for years, fucking them and then leaving them. Now I want a piece of the action too. On your stomach, Drake. Gonna show you how a real man fucks."

Bobby managed to stay calm in spite of the threat Creed presented. It was just a matter of time before one of the X-Men detected the intruder. But his stomach contracted with fear as Creed manoeuvred him onto all fours. "This ain't gonna happen!" He wasn't going down without a fight and began kicking and punching Creed, who just laughed at his attempts. "Get off me, you sick bastard!"

"Ya heard the kid..."

"No!" Creed howled, enraged that Logan had found the strength to come after him. He wrapped his fingers around Bobby's throat, just above the collar and used his animal strength to drag Bobby to his feet, using him as a shield.

Logan leaned heavily against the wall, cursing his own weakness. His healing power was the only thing keeping him alive. "Don't ya dare touch him, Creed." Suddenly several footfalls sounded behind him. Although he was tempted to look at the new arrivals, he didn't and stayed focused on Creed.

"You've got no way out, Creed. Let Bobby go!" Scott was ready to blast Creed through the wall if necessary.

Creed's eyes found LeBeau's and he grinned seeing the bruising on the Cajun's face. "Julien got to you, didn't he?"

Remy's anger flared. "Why can' you leave me 'lone?"

Creed laughed. "Come on, Cajun, we share a history. Wouldn't want you to feel lonely!"

Jono reached out to Bobby, reassuring him telepathically. Wait a little longer. I'll tell yer when ter break free. Everyone was focused on Creed and Bobby and they paid him no attention. Cautiously, he turned away from Creed and removed his bandages. Bobby, now!

Creed never knew what hit him. Suddenly Bobby was pulling away successfully and he tried to tighten his hold on the X-Man, but the blast that hit him sent him straight through the wall.

Logan moved quickly and grabbed Bobby, pulling his lover behind him. Seeing the collar, he freed Bobby from it, using one of his claws. "Stay close, Drake."

Bobby nodded his head and stayed at Logan's side. Scott moved in quickly and took over where Jono had left off.

"Jono, stay with Remy. I'll deal with Creed." Scott disappeared around the corner, going after Creed.

"Nope, Creed's mine!" Logan was about to join Scott, but then he caught Bobby's scent, which was heavy with fear. Realizing that his lover needed him, he halted in his tracks and turned around to enfold Bobby in his arms. "Did he...?" He was unable to finish the question and focused his senses. I don't smell Creed's semen on him... Thank God!

Bobby felt slightly embarrassed for clinging to Logan like that, but his worst nightmare had almost come true! Cocking his head, he found that Jono and Remy were holding on to each other as well. "Where's Hank?" he wondered suddenly.

"In de lab," Remy replied softly. "He's mad as hell, but uninjured."

'e got locked up when the security system went offline, Jono added, suddenly realizing he was only wearing black boxers. He grabbed the robe that hung next to Bobby's bed and slipped into it. Should we go after Scott?

"I don't think dat's necessary, cher," Remy said. "Cyke can take care of himself." Unexpectedly an alien sensation cut through his mind and it took him a moment to identify the invading touch. "Do you feel it too, cher?"

Yeah, two other telepaths are near. Jono watched Remy and disliked the apprehensive expression in his eyes. Wot?

"The ot'ers, dey are back. We're feelin' Jean and the professor." Remy almost shrugged off Logan's hand when the other man rested it on his shoulder.

"Are ya sayin' they are back?"

"Back early, oui..." Remy flinched involuntarily feeling Rogue's presence as well. Next, a very familiar mind voice penetrated his thoughts.

Remy? What happened? How come I never realized you possessed empathic and telepathic powers? The Blackbird is touching down now. I expect a full report and where's Scott?

Professor... too many t'ings to explain. Remy looked pleadingly at Jono. "Don' leave me 'lone wit' dem, please? Stay close?"

I will, luv. Jono tightened the link and strengthened Remy's mental barriers. We'll face them together.

///

Charles impatiently awaited the moment when he could finally leave the Blackbird. Jean had told him that Remy was alive and had returned to the mansion, but it took feeling Remy's mind to finally convince him that the young Cajun was back. Still stunned, he'd scanned Remy's mind, never probing too deeply and had been startled to find strong telepathic barriers. It was then when he'd finally realized what he was really sensing; an empath's mind which also possessed telepathic abilities.

Jean had given him a concerned look, but hadn't disturbed his probing. Charles knew the others were uneasy too. Rogue and Joseph were sitting at the back, secluded from the others and Warren was helping Ororo land the plane. Jean approached him and Charles nodded his head, sending his thoughts into her mind. Things have changed at home.

Professor, I feel three telepaths. One of them is Remy, but I don't know the mind signature of the other two. What do you want to do? Jean wondered what had happened during their absence.

Before we left I made arrangements for Chamber from Generation X to move into the mansion. He should be the other telepath, a rather strong one at that. But I have no idea who the female telepath is. Charles leaned back in his chair, gathering his thoughts. I want you to take Rogue and Joseph to the boathouse. I will join you later and explain things to them. I want to talk to Remy first, find out what happened.

Do you want me to tell Rogue that Remy's back? The professor had asked her not to share this information with the others and she'd obliged him. However, she did wonder how Ororo and Warren were going to react to Remy's unexpected return.

Warren won't cause any trouble, Charles informed Jean. He had one year to deal with finding out that Remy was involved in the Massacre. He'd talked to Warren, trying to help his student cope with the horrible things Apocalypse had done to him.

Remy's nervous, almost scared, why? Worried, Jean looked at Charles.

I sense many things in his mind, although he's trying to block me. He shivered as an image flashed through his mind, showing him Sinister in all his brutal glory. I want to talk to Remy... alone, in private.

I'll take Rogue and Joseph to the boathouse, Jean assured him. But what do I say when they want to know why they can't return to the mansion?

Tell them I've a special assignment for them. Charles released a deep sigh as the Blackbird finally made contact with the earth. It was time to face the one student he'd failed so badly.

///

Consider it done, Jean. Scott nodded his head and turned toward Jono and Remy. "The professor wants to talk to you, Remy."

The thief's fingers around Jono's hand tightened and he sensed Remy's apprehension. It's gonner be okay, luv, I promise.

Watching them, Scott realized he wouldn't be able to separate them. "Wait for the professor in his study."

Jono and Remy turned to leave, fingers twined tightly and Scott focused on Bobby. "Are you okay, Bobby?" He'd lost track of Creed near the gate and felt confident that the bastard had left the premises. Now it was time to take care of his friends and he was worried about Bobby, who had suffered a sexual assault. He thanked God that they had been in time to prevent the worst.

"I will be," Bobby whispered, forcing a smile onto his face. "Maybe we should free Hank?" He was desperately trying to divert Scott's attention. All he wanted was some minutes alone with Logan.

"I'll take care of that. Logan, why don't you take Bobby to your room and make sure he gets some rest?" Looking over his shoulder, he found that Creed had made a mess of Bobby's room.

Logan growled approvingly. "I was waitin' for ya to say that. Come on, darlin', let's move." Curling an arm around Bobby's waist, he steered his lover away from his room and down the corridor. Bobby was still trembling and his breath hitched. His lover was trying to hide how much Creed's attack had affected him, but he couldn't fool Logan's senses. "It's 'kay, Bobby. The bastard's gone."

Bobby stepped into Logan's room, unaware of his surroundings. He let Logan steer him toward the bed and when his lover's hands urged him to sit down, he obeyed. Damn, he still heard Creed's taunting voice, felt the man's tongue lick his skin and..."Logan..."

"I'm here, Bobby, I'm here. Yer safe now. Ya did well. Ya fought him off."

"He had me collared! I couldn't fight him!"

"But ya did. Kicked and punched the bastard."

"But it didn't faze him!" Bobby failed to fight back his tears and they dripped down his cheek. "I should have fought harder!"

"Creed's a bastard," Logan whispered and folded both arms around his lover, slowly rocking him. "Ya did the best ya could."

"It wasn't enough!" The flood gates opened and Bobby shook with pain and remembered fear. He wasn't sure which was stronger, but the fear eventually turned into rage. "He was going to hurt me!"

Logan continued to rock him and whispered reassuring words into Bobby's ear. "We stopped him. Ya stalled and we got him. Ya did well, Bobby. Ya fought him off." He kept repeating those words and helped Bobby lay down on the bed, wrapping him up in the comforter. "Yer shakin', darlin'."

"Because I can still feel his claws against my skin!" Bobby curled up in a tight ball and allowed Logan to wrap himself around him, holding him tight. "Don't wanna lose it like this," he offered apologetically.

"Don't worry about it, darlin'. Let it all out. It's the best thin' ya can do. Keepin' it all inside will only make things harder." Patiently, Logan waited for the emotional storm to pass.

"Feelin' better?" he inquired after Bobby calmed down in his arms. The shaking grew less and finally Bobby's eyes met his.

"I don't know," he admitted honestly. "I feel drained, tired."

"That's what cryin' does to ya," Logan said warmly. "Wanna stay in bed or do ya wanna take a shower?"

"Can we stay like this a little longer?" Bobby's grip on Logan tightened, refusing to let the other man go.

"Sure, we can stay like this." Logan tucked Bobby's head beneath his chin and rubbed his lover's back soothingly. "Ya did well, Bobby, never forget that."

///

"Why? Why does the professor want us tuh go tuh the boathouse? All our stuff is back at the mansion." Rogue looked at Joseph, hoping he would back her up. "Why, Jean?"

Jean felt grateful that Joseph wasn't getting involved. He seemed content to let Rogue do the talking. "The professor has a special assignment for the two of you and will inform you shortly. He asked me to take you to the boathouse so you can get some rest before leaving again."

"Leavin'? Why should we be leavin'?" Rogue reluctantly followed Jean toward the boathouse. Why did she feel like Jean wasn't telling her the whole truth? "What's goin' on, Jean?"

"The professor will tell you," Jean said firmly, determined not to discuss this any further. She couldn't let the truth slip accidentally.

"Sugah, say somethin'!" Rogue turned to Joseph, but he merely shrugged his shoulders. "Ah don't like this. Somethin's goin' on and yuh ain't tellin' us." Rogue was about to question Jean further when movement to her left demanded her attention. "Yuh? What are yuh doin' here?" Her body tensed, preparing itself for a nasty confrontation, maybe even a fight.

"Rogue..." Belle's tone was icy cold. "We meet 'gain."

Jean felt lost. "Who are you?" She didn't know this woman, but realized she was the telepath she'd sensed earlier.

"Name's Belle..." Taunting Rogue she added, "Remy's wife."

"Remy's dead!" Rogue's eyes narrowed dangerously. "Yuh on muh turf now and yuh betta leave before I kick yuh ass again."

Belle's face turned into a cold mask. "Don' t'ink you'll beat me 'gain dat easily."

Rogue realized that this wasn't the same woman she'd faced before and wondered what to do. She couldn't back down now. "Why are yuh here?"

"Cause Remy needs me." Fascinated, Belle watched Rogue's eyes darken. "Oui, he survived de cold, no t'anks to you. You'd betta heed my warnin' and stay 'way from him!"

"That's it, of course, that's it," Rogue raved. "Swamp rat's back at the mansion." But why would they banish her from the mansion? Why allow Remy to stay? Had they chosen his side? "He's a traitor."

"Non," Belle countered. "He was youn', alone and naive. Remy didn' know what he was gettin' himself into. You on de ot'er hand took my memories wit'out hesitation or regret."

Joseph had kept quiet until now, but confusion was getting the better of him. "You stole her memories?"

"It was an accident! Ah never wanted her fuckin' memories!" Rogue wasn't going to admit the truth to Joseph, afraid she'd lose him once he found out what had really happened. She had to make a decision and she had to make it right now. Taking to the sky, she left them standing there and headed for the mansion.

"Oh, non, dat ain' goin' to happen. You ain' goin' to hurt him 'gain!" Ignoring Jean and Joseph, Belle took up pursuit.

///

Amazed at the gentleness in their touches, Charles watched Jono and Remy sit down. He hadn't expected Jono to join them, but when he explored the link he realized both men depended on it, needed it like their lungs needed oxygen. It was impossible to part these two.

"Professor?" Remy hesitantly looked up at Xavier. The older man's shields were tight, leaving no room for probing. Feeling insecure and shy, he squeezed Jono's hand involuntarily, searching for the support he needed so badly.

I'm 'ere, luv, don't worry. With an angry glare, Jono sought out the professor's eyes. He barely knew the man, but disliked the effect Xavier was having on Remy. Wot do yer want ter talk about?

Charles managed to cover up his surprise as Jono addressed him. Usually, his students felt intimidated the first time they met, but Jono was different. Jean and Scott informed me of your return, Remy, he sent, addressing the Cajun. I was surprised to hear you had returned. I must admit I thought you dead. I used Cerebro, trying to locate you after Antarctica, but couldn't find you.

Sinister had me, Remy whispered into Charles' mind. Mais Jono got me out of dere.

Jono soothingly rubbed Remy's fingers. I sensed 'im the first time I entered 'is room. It didn't take much ter convince Scott ter go after Remy. I'm glad 'e did, but I would 'ave gone after Remy on me own.

You love him... Charles smiled warmly. Jonothan, we don't really know each other, but please give me a chance to prove myself to you? I didn't abandon Remy willingly. I just didn't know he was still alive.

Cher, non. Remy sensed Jono's intentions and cut him short. Let de past be de past. Accusin' people won' change what happened to me.

Yer right, luv, but... Jono felt Remy's unease but choose to ignore it. I still think they gave up on yer too easily. They should 'ave gone back for yer! Yer needed their support and they turned their back on yer!

Cher...

No, Remy, Jonothan's right. Charles gazed deeply into the Cajun's eyes. He's right. We gave up too easily.

Why? Remy had never dared thinking about the reason why they gave up that easily. Wasn' I wort' bein' rescued? Was it meant as punishment? If it was, you succeeded brilliantly! His control slipped and he sent Xavier his pain, showed him what he'd suffered at Sinister's hands. Now you know what he did to me! He could only do dat to me cause you let him!

Luv, calm down... Jono wrapped one arm around Remy's waist, not caring what Xavier might think. It's in the past now, remember? Sinister can't 'urt yer any longer.

Am sorry... Remy avoided the professor's eyes. Sometimes it hurts so bad.

I understand, Remy, I really do, Charles assured him. And nothing we do can ever make up for the pain you suffered. We failed you when you needed us most.

Silence descended on the study and the three men hesitantly looked each other in the eyes.

I agree with Scott, Charles said eventually. Please stay.

Remy nodded his head, feeling drained after bearing his soul. Maybe they could return to his room now where he could hold Jono in his arms, feel him close. But an angry presence approached and made him tense up. "Cher..."

I feel 'er too, Jono assured him. Then he turned to Charles. Wot are yer gonna do about this? Remy doesn' need this right now.

Charles had felt Rogue approach as well. "It's too late to leave. She's already here."

///

Rogue slammed the door open and marched into the study. Her eyes widened, seeing Remy. "Yuh've been dead for a year!"

"Been livin' dead... oui... mais I'm 'live now." Remy struggled to his feet. This was his battle and no one could win it for him. "What do you want, Rogue? You made it very clearly you no longer wanted me 'round. You flew off wit'out me, knowin' I had no way out."

"Ah loved yuh, Remy." Rogue took another step closer to him, only to find Jono blocking her path. "Get outta mah way, sugah."

I ain't yer 'sugah', Rogue. Back away from Remy. I don't like yer being this close ter 'im. Jono was determined to show Remy that he didn't have to do this on his own.

"And who are yuh, boy?" Rogue's gaze traveled down Jono's body, finding their hands locked. She arched an eyebrow, realizing what that meant. "Yuh are lovers? Geez, Remy, didn't know yuh could get it up for a man! Guess that's why we never worked out."

Bitch! Jono was losing his patience and looked at Xavier. Either she goes or we do! Her foul words reminded him too much of the way his old man had put him down when he'd still lived at home and he wouldn't put up with Rogue verbally abusing Remy. Xavier was supposed to be in charge so the man better lived up to his responsibilities.

"Rogue, I'll talk to you and Joseph at the boathouse. You better leave now." Charles steered his chair closer to Rogue, coming to a stop between her, and Jono and Remy.

"Ah can't believe yuh are choosin' his side. He betrayed the Morlocks."

"Not willingly! I didn' know what Sinister was up to!" Remy wasn't sure how much longer he could deal with her accusations. "I didn' know," he added in a tiny tone.

"Rogue, this conversation's over. Join Joseph and Jean at the boathouse." Charles watched her closely, feeling the rage in her mind.

"Or what?" she said, chillingly.

Charles had wanted to say, 'or you're no longer part of the team', but Belle beat him to it.

"Or I'll kick your ass to de boathouse. You heard de man." Belle wasn't alone. Scott and Hank had joined her and they now stood facing Rogue.

Rogue realized she couldn't win this battle and retreated. "Ah don't wanna be part of a team where's a traitor allowed tuh stay. Joseph and Ah have betta things tuh do than save yur scrawny asses all the time. We're outta here." Belle was blocking her way, but Rogue realized she still had an escape route left; the window. She didn't bother to open it and flew through it, sending shards of glass flying through the study.

Remy, take cover! Jono tried to cover Remy's body with his, but found that his lover had already taken cover.

Remy took a steadying breath and wrapped his arms around Jono. He was trembling all over his body, but felt liberated now that he'd finally faced Rogue. "I'm bien, cher."

Jono rested his cheek against Remy's, no longer caring that the bandages presented a barrier. She ain't gonner 'urt yer any more, luv.

I know dat, cher... merci for backin' me up. Je t'aime, Jono.

Charles laughed approvingly as Jono and Remy sought refuge in each other's arms. He sensed Rogue's determination and felt her move away from the mansion. Joseph was with her and he was surprised to discover that he didn't feel guilty about making her leave. Maybe he should have done so a long time ago.

///

Jono felt proud that Remy had handled the situation that well. He'd been afraid that Remy would let Rogue walk all over him, but somehow the Cajun had found the strength to tell her off. I doubt we'll ever see that bi... Rogue again. Correcting himself, he looked at Remy's eyes. After they'd talked to Xavier, he'd taken his lover back to their room. It was comforting, knowing that Remy's room had become theirs. This was home now.

Cher, why do you hate her? She never wronged you. Slightly mystified, he sought out Jono's eyes.

Jono shook his head disapprovingly. She left yer ter die. Exasperated, Jono sighed. We talked about this before, mush. Yer didn't cause the Massacre, remember? Sinister lured yer into a trap. Creed and the Marauders killed the Morlocks, not yer.

Mebbe if you tell me 'nough times I'll start to believe dat.

The sadness that radiated from Remy's mind got to Jono. Do yer really believe yer got them killed?

Part of me, oui. If I hadn' led de Marauders t'rough de tunnels dey would never have found dem. He wanted to add more, but Jono's fierce emotions swept over him. How was it possible that Jono believed he was just a victim? He wasn't... or was he? Remy didn't want to go there and snuggled up to Jono. I love lyin' here like dis wit' you in my arms, cher. Jono's fingers caressed his skin and he sighed contently. We should check on Bobby later, see if he needs us.

I got the feeling Logan can handle that just fine. Why don't we leave them alone and focus on us for a change?

Jono, cher, can I ask you somet'in' personal? Remy gazed into Jono's eyes, wondering if he was crossing a line.

Wot?

'Bout your bandages, cher. Jono tensed against him and Remy almost dismissed his questions.

Go ahead, luv, ask. Jono didn't want to discuss this, but didn't want to cut Remy short either. If his lover had questions he should be allowed to ask them. Remy freed himself of his embrace and sat upright. Jono found he was holding his breath in anticipation of Remy's questions.

Remove dem? Jono's eyes widened and Remy's heart sped up. I wanna see what you look like beneat' dem from up close.

Luv, I ain't sure... Jono hesitated. Remy had seen him without the bandages, but they'd been fighting at the time. Things were different now. Why don't yer remove them? he said eventually. Maybe Remy would give in once he had to pull the bandages down himself.

Remy's hands trembled as they made contact with the bandages. Slowly, he lowered them, allowing the psi fire to roam free. Can I touch it or will it hurt me?

Yer can touch it, luv. I do 'ave some measure of control. Entranced, Jono watched as Remy's hand caressed the leaking psi flames. A frown appeared on the Cajun's brow.

Do you 'ways try to control it? Do you ever... let go? Now that he was concentrating, he felt Jono's suffocating hold on the psi fire.

I 'ave ter control it, luv. If I don't it will blow me into tiny pieces.

Did dat ever happen? Remy wasn't sure why he needed those answers, but something was tugging at his mind, pleading for his attention.

Once, yeah, it 'appened once. I fought this demon... and the only way ter take 'im out was ter let go. 'e already controlled me friends and I 'ad ter stop 'im.

Mais you survived! Something was eluding him, but Remy couldn't label it.

I don't know wot exactly 'appened, luv. Me body exploded and somehow I ended up whole again. It was like being reborn.

What happened den? Something must have gone terribly wrong because Jono was wearing bandages.

Me center couldn't 'old. Choked up, Jono fought to stay in control of his emotions. Me body didn't 'old. The psi fire needed a way out.

Mais it did hold at first? Remy gave Jono a thoughtful look. Have you tried lettin' go completely since den? Non, he realized. You tightened your hold on it, non?

Jono nodded his head. Being blown to pieces sucks, Remy.

Mais once you let your power flow freely you were whole? A plan began to form in the thief's mind. Cher, I want you to make love to me... and I want to go all de way.

Remy... Oi, he wanted to make love to Remy, but this hardly seemed the place or the time. Remy was still upset after confronting Rogue and needed to calm down first.

I'm calm, cher. I know what I want... will you give it to me? When he'd first realized that he'd fallen in love with Jono he'd been terrified of being in love with a man. But now, making love with Jono seemed the most natural thing in the world and he wanted it... badly. Plus I want to test a t'eory. But he shielded that last thought from his lover's mind.

Remy, are yer sure? We can wait until yer ready.

I'm ready...

Jono grew nervous, seeing the predatory expression in Remy's eyes, realizing he had never seen that particular look in those orbs before. Wot do yer wanner do?

Moving his hips seductively, Remy moved closer and ran his tongue over his lips to moisten them. Lemme take care of you, cher. I t'ink I got dis figured out. His hands found a way beneath Jono's sweater and he pulled the garment over his lover's head. Don', he said firmly as Jono wanted to pull the bandages into place again. It tickles, mais I like de sensation. He realized he was taking risks and things could turn ugly if his theory was wrong, but he had to try.

Wot the 'ell are yer doing, Remy? Jono's eyes were transfixed on Remy's lips, which moved closer and seemed to push through the psi fire to find his lost lips beneath it. Briefly, he felt like he was kissing Remy back, but then reality hit hard. He no longer had lips. Why are yer doing this ter me?

Remy didn't reply, but held Jono's gaze prisoner. His hands moved down to unzip Jono's jeans and then managed to remove them in one smooth gesture. Goin' commando, cher?

Jono's psi fire flared, growing more intense. Remy, stop it, yer playin' with fire 'ere and I don't know if I can control it!

Mais I don' want you to control it, cher. I want you to lose control. His hands roamed Jono's body, gently undoing the remaining bandages and dropping them to the floor. You see, cher, I got dis t'eory dat you're still whole, mais you don' know it yet.

Yer mad! Jono considered fleeing the room, but then Remy's fingers curled around his awakening cock, setting a slow rhythm. A wet and playful tongue drew circles around his right nipple {fuck, since when did he have nipples again?} and he arched his back, surprised to find himself at the receiving end of their lovemaking. Had Remy changed his mind? Did the Cajun want to top himself?

Oh non, cher, want you 'side, mais first I get to play. Licking his way down Jono's chest Remy intended to drive Jono insane, insane enough to let go of his suffocating control. Cher, you feel so bien. Reaching into the psi fire, he visualized Jono's chest beneath him, the smooth throat and unmarred skin. You're whole, cher, believe me.

Oi, Remy... I felt your touch... do it again! Remy pinched a hidden nipple and Jono's cock began to leak pre-cum. Oi, I can't believe I felt that!

Leaning in closer, Remy's lips wrapped themselves around Jono's cock, hoping he wouldn't gag. This was his first time giving head and he didn't really know what to do. Acting instinctively, he pumped Jono's cock and sucked at the tip, teasing the slit with his tongue, Cher, let go. Let go... you don' have to keep everyt'in' bottled up. Don' fear your powers.

Oi, Remy... I'm gonner come... not yet! Please, not yet! Remy's lips suddenly released his cock and he shuddered.

Remy looked at his naked lover and blinked his eyes. It was almost like he could see the pink of Jono's skin beneath the psi fire. Encouraged, he quickly removed his sweatshirt and had to get to his feet to step out of his sweat pants. Jono, he whispered, straddling his lover's hips again. Can you see your body t'rough my eyes? Can you?

Jono didn't understand Remy's question at first, but then realized that Remy wanted him to look at his body through his lover's eyes. He did and flinched. Remy... are yer really seeing that? Beneath the glow of the psi fire he saw his body, whole once again.

Remy smiled, leaned forward and closed his eyes.

Oi! Jono startled, seeing Remy's face melt with the psi fire, move through it and somehow finding skin, his mouth, his lips! Impossible!

Rien's impossible, cher... trust me. Remy wasn't sure why he was taking the initiative like this. He only knew that he had to touch Jono, become one with him in body and mind.

They'd left the hand lotion on the night stand and Remy took hold of it, opened it and squeezed some into the palm of his hand. His other hand was busy caressing Jono's chest, which was gaining solidity beneath his touch. Your nipples are hard, cher...

Yer 'ard too, Remy... Jono finally reached for Remy and massaged his lover's buttocks, spreading them to explore the cleft between them. Wot's 'appening ter me, luv?

You're lettin' go, luv. Remy hesitated to reveal his theory to Jono just yet and opted for action instead, coating his lover's already slick and thick cock with the lotion. Don' fight dis, Jono. Lemme take control, cher. Trust me.

Jono couldn't believe his eyes, seeing Remy position himself above his throbbing cock. Luv, no...

Lemme do dis, cher... just let go. Although he was nervous, Remy tried to relax, but feeling the slick head of Jono's cock against his opening made him gasp. Read 'bout dis position in your book, cher. Breathing through the pressure and initial pain, he pushed down. Jono's cock seemed huge and his smile turned briefly into a grimace, but the pain faded once his lover was fully inside. His buttocks rested against his Jono's skin and Remy released a deep sigh. Inside, cher, you're inside.

Can't believe yer fuckin' doing this! The tight heat that surrounded him was driving him insane and he barely suppressed the urge to thrust upwards and create some much needed friction. Suddenly, Remy's emotions were rolling down the link in a frightening intensity and they became his, joining his.

Beau, cher... look at you... Remy's heart missed a beat, seeing lush lips beneath the weakening psi fire. Am gonna kiss you. Leaning down, he panted as Jono's cock rubbed against his prostate, sending immense pleasure through his body.

Oi, luv! Wot's that?

Remy grinned and let his fingers push through the glowing psi fire to touch Jono's lips. Can you feel dat?

Fuck, Remy... Never before had he felt out of control like this. His body moved without rational thought, urged on, bucking hard and driving himself deeper into his lover's body. His eyes had closed and red fire spiked behind his eyelids. Wot the 'ell are yer doing?

I'm makin' love to you, cher, driving you over de edge. I want you to let go. Experimentally, Remy raised himself until only Jono's cockhead was still inside him and then he pushed down again, impaling himself on his lover's cock. Cher, feels so bien. Tears of pleasure and happiness had formed in his eyes and now rolled down his cheek. Surrender, Jono. Don' fight yourself.

Jono was way passed rational thought, thrusting into Remy's body. His eyes fluttered open and he stared at the beautiful man riding him. Grabbing Remy's hips, he helped his lover to raise himself again, only to pull him down onto his cock again.

Time stopped as his body burst into a million pieces. Lost in time and space, he panicked, recalling having experienced something similar some months ago.

Remy felt the implosion as Jono let go and sped up, riding Jono wildly until hot come filled his passage. Releasing his own orgasm, his come splashed onto Jono's stomach and then he collapsed onto his lover's body, clinging to him, holding on while the psi fire exploded, and surrounding them both. Through the fire he tried to reach out to his lover. Oui, cher, dat's it... now come back to me. Feel your power, let it fill you, move t'rough you... make it part of yourself.

Remy's thoughts penetrated the psi fire that was now roaming freely and he latched onto the sound of his lover's mind voice, letting it pull him back. He felt stronger now and he wondered why. Opening his eyes again, they caressed Remy's face, which was covered in sweat.

"Talk to me, cher... Mon Dieu, you're beau." Reverently, his fingertips moved up Jono's chest, caressing the smooth skin and running a teasing thumb over his lover's nipple. "Do you want a mirror?"

"Huh?" Startled, Jono's hand went to his chest, throat and finally his face to touch his lips. "This can't be 'appening... me body won't 'old." He'd been whole briefly after defeating D'spayre and had lost his face again shortly after that. The experience had left deep emotional scars and there was no way he'd live through that again.

Jono's stated cock slipped from his body and Remy rolled off his lover, lying down on his side beside him. Tenderly, his fingers caressed Jono's lips and he gasped, feeling Jono suckle his fingertip. "Doesn' it feel different now?"

Yeah, it did... Jono sat upright, startled and dazed. "Remy, this can't be!"

Chuckling softly, Remy got to his feet. "Merde, cher... you could have warned me!" He felt sore, but ignored the pain and fetched Jono a hand mirror. Taking his place at his lover's side again, he presented the mirror to Jono. "Look at you. You're beau, cher."

Jono stared in disbelief at his reflection in the mirror. "Oi, I remember that face."

"You should, cher, it's yours."

"Wot did yer do?" Jono couldn't put the mirror away, too scared that he'd never see his face again.

"You let go, cher."

Jono realized suddenly that Remy was right. He'd always desperately tried to control his power, to keep it at bay, but now it had been set free and his power surged through his body. "Me 'eart, it's beating again!"

Remy smiled. "Oui, cher... and it'd betta beat for me!" Whispering into Jono's ear he said, "Dis time your center didn' need to hold... Your power is all around you, inside you."

Jono suddenly realized the complete truth. "And it's inside yer too."

"Oui," Remy admitted shyly. "Opened my mind when we made love and... I pushed you over de edge. You let me, 'cause you trust me."

"So, in a certain way, yer controling me powers now?" Jono folded his arms around Remy and wrapped his legs around his lover's. They sat facing each other, holding on tight.

Remy blushed. "Non, cher, you haven't been listenin'! Not controllin' it, allowin' it to flow freely."

"Yer amazing, luv. I love yer so much... Thank yer for loving me back." Tantalizing slowly, he leaned in close and brushed Remy's lips with his. A moan fled his lips and his body shook at the contact. Deepening the kiss, both men lost themselves in shared emotions.

The End!!

November 2001