"Bring me back to life"

Author: Xantissa

Feedback: yes, yes, yesssssss!

Fandom: X-men

Pairing: Bobby/Logan; Remy/Bobby later Remy/Bobby/Logan

Rating: NC-17

Warnings: Mentioning of abuse, m/m sex, bad language, violence.

Notes: After the Trial Remy escaped Antarctica but didn't go back to the Mansion. He started working for government. Meanwhile at the Mansion things changed. There started something between Bobby and Logan. Not a relationship yet, but very close. About 6 months after the Trial X-men fought a new enemy, a very powerful telepath – The Keeper. The X-men thought they destroyed him, but he survived and extracted his revenge on them. He kidnapped Bobby and made the X-men believe the Iceman was dead. The action starts about four months after that.


Bring Me Back To Life
by Xantissa


Chapter 1

Remy cursed when he heard a sound from beneath. He stilled, waiting for the guards to pass. He already had what he came here for, and didn't want to be discovered. Breaking into this base wasn't easy but he managed. Others failed probably because the main "boss" here was a telepath and could sense them. But with Gambit's shields he was completely invisible for telepaths.

- Hej Bob! – Called one of the guards and Remy pressed himself deeper into the shadows releasing his empathy a little, just to make sure no one would notice him. Since Antarctica he became a true master in using his both empathy and charge power. When the cold forced him to charge his won flesh to keep alive he used his empathy to fool his mind, to convince it, that the pain wasn't maddening.

But it wasn't a time to think about the Trial and the way he escaped that frozen Hell.

- What? – Answered the other guard, the one that stood right in front of the closed, metal door.

- The Boss told me to feed the kid. – Said the first one mentioning the closed door. – I think he will come later to have his time with the blonde. – He said snickering. – I'll go bring the food and you should give the kid his "meds" so we won't have to keep him down when the boss comes to him.

Remy swallowed hard when he realized just what they were discussing. He had his share of pain and abuse in his life. Now he could barely control the rage that built inside of him, thinking about that nameless, faceless kid that was probably living in his own, private hell.

He knew he had to get out of there fast, before someone noticed that the data was copied, but couldn't force himself. He wondered what his life would look like if somebody actually DID something to get him out of the Antiquary's hands. But everyone just turned away, thinking it wasn't their matter.

He really, really wanted, needed to just turn away and go. Just go. But. But he still too vividly remembered the sight of the Blackbird taking off and flying away from him. Leaving him to die.

He was far from considering himself innocent. He DID cause the Massacre. He SHOULD be punished, but had the X-men the right to sentence him to death? Had they?

So now, instead of sneaking quietly out of this place, he inched himself closer to the guards. He couldn't use too much of his charm, because then the telepath in this base would pick on him, so he had to do it in a conventional way.

He waited till the guards stopped chit-chatting and parted. One left to bring some food, and other opened small cabinet and took a syringe out, ant then filled it with a clear-green liquid.

Then, he opened the complicated lock. When he was about to enter the room, Remy launched himself at the man. There wasn't much of a fight. Using his mutant agility and speed he twisted the man's arm and forced the syringe into his own body. Surprised the guard only yelped and then his eyes glazed over and he fell to the floor, completely lost in drugged haze. Remy was surprised to see just how STRONG the drug was. Whoever was treated with it, was probably seriously addicted by now.

He dragged the unconscious man in and closed the door. It was dark, and his eyes needed some time to get used to it.

It was a small room, without any windows. First he saw small metal toilet, sink and a shower sticking out of the wall. It was very cold and smelly in there. He started looking around, his mutant eyes allowing him to see in the dark. It took him a moment to realize there was a bed in the far corner o the cell. He saw a pale figure curled on it in embryonic position, completely naked. When he stepped closer, he saw that it was young male. His skin was very pale. He was laying his back to Remy so the first thing Gambit noticed were cuts, long, narrow cuts that had stopped bleeding probably just few hours ago.

He knew these kind of wounds, he had scars that could prove it. Someone had used a whip on the boy hard enough to cut the skin. Rage was building in his throat, memories welled back threatening to suffocate him. Then he saw the blood stains on the lower back, buttocks and thighs of the boy. He was obviously raped very brutally. Lots of bruises, some old and fading, some still very fresh covered almost every inch of the young mans body. Just how much of a monster someone had to be to torment a kid like that?

He still hadn't seen the face of the kid, because his head was hidden in his arms. He saw however the shivering of that pale body. The boy was naked and quick scan o the surroundings confirmed Remy's assumptions. There were no clothes in the room, not even a blanket. Just this bed and a dirty, old mattress.

- Hey, petite… - He called softly, not wanting to startle the young man.

His was however enough to jerk him out of his light doze and to his utter terror he watched the boy scramble out of bed, whimpering with pain, and then crawl to the centre of the room, where he kneeled, head bent, hands behind his back, knees spread. Every move must have hurt him like hell, the wounds on his back and obvious bleeding from the recent rape. Nevertheless he moved, probably in the position that was needed from him earlier, all the time sobbing quietly.

- `m sorry, `m sorry. Didn't mean to fall asleep, Please… I'll do anything, just don't hurt me anymore. I'll be good. I promise… please, just don't hurt… I'm sorry.

The voice, although low, hoarse and changed because of tears, sounded strangely familiar. Gambits eyes widened in shock, when he recognized it.

- Bobby?

The figure flinched and seemed to sink into himself even more. Remy could easily see the shivers that ran through him.

- No, no… not again, please… not again. Not it… I'll do anything. Please. I wont even scream, please just not this… please…

Remy couldn't listen to the begging, the terror that emanated from the young man. There were so many questions he wanted to ask, but right now they had no time for it.

- Bobby, don't be afraid, it's Remy. I won't hurt you. I promise… - murmured the Cajun softly as he approached the still kneeling figure.

Iceman however didn't seem to recognize him. When Remy was in the arm's reach, the boy was shaking so violently he could barely hold himself upright.

- Look at me Bobby. Please. – He asked softly, hoping to reassure the boy when he saw his face.

Bobby hastily obliged and Remy winced at the sight of his bruised face. His hair were much longer than he had remembered, falling over his eyes in dirty, blood stained bangs.

It took Remy a minute to realize that although the blue eyes were wide open and staring at him, Bobby didn't really SEE him. Slowly he moved his hand in front of the boy's face and he noticed no reaction.

Bobby was blind.

Remy felt a large lump forming in his throat. Mon Dieu! What has happened to him?!

Slowly he reached to move the hair out of Bobby's face and the boy whimpered terrified at the touch, nearly out of his mind with fear.

- Shh… relax, I ain't gonna hurt you petite. Promise. Jus' help he here, OK? I'm going to take you out of here… I promise.- He talked in soft, soothing voice although Bobby was too scared to actually hear him or believe him.

And he meant what he said. He would take Bobby out of there even if he had to blow this whole place to pieces! Ruthlessly he forced his rage down. He needed a clear mind to be able to get them both out of that damned place.

- I'm gonna give you some clothes, cher.

He walked to the unconscious guard and hat the incredible urge to kick him, relieve his rage. But couldn't risk scaring Bobby even more. So instead he quickly stripped him from his clothes and brought the items back to the still kneeling Bobby.

- Get up Bobby. You have to dress and we are going out of here. Jus' listen to me Ok? I'm gonna take care of you Bobby. You will be safe wid me, petite.

- Remy? – Croaked suddenly Bobby, blind eyes searching his face. – Is it r-really y-you?- bobby had clearly problems with speaking. As if he didn't believe it.

Remy sighed in relief. It seemed that Bobby was finally aware.

- Oui. I's me.

- But t-this mm-makes no ss-sence.- He shook his head and then bent it again- You are d-dead. The Keeper makes me see only the live ones. It-t m-makes no sence… are you a ghost?

- No, I'm gonna take you out of here.- The Cajun assured him softly.

Suddenly Bybby's face lit with hope and almost… happiness?

- Will you kill me?

Remy wasn't sure he would be able to hold back his tears. He also doubted he would ever forget the way Bobby said it. With so much hope and need, as if it were his dreams coming true. But then he looked at the small, dark cell and though that maybe, death was his biggest dream.

- No Bobby…

The Iceman's face fell, all life drained from it as he heard the words. He just bent his head down, assuming the previous position.

- Bobby… I need you to put it on. – He said holding the clothes in front of him. Blindly. Bobby reached out. He was surprised to feel material and Remy had a sickening feeling that he was probably often forced to "wear" things that weren't clothes…

He winced when Bobby started pulling the shirt on his tormented back. It must have hurt but he never once complained, just sometimes gave silent whimpers when the pain was unbearable. Remy understood that Bobby took him for one of his abusers and obeyed in fear.

When he tried to get up, Remy had to help him. He was so thin, skinny even. Remy could easily see his ribs. And his skin was so very PALE.

When Bobby straightened and started pulling the pants on, Remy saw the fresh blood, slowly dripping from his rectum, following down one pale thigh. Movement must have opened some wounds.

Bobby needed to see a doctor, badly. But Remy knew it wasn't possible. If they managed to get out of there, the Keeper would seek them. They had to disappear.

* * *

Remy stopped the car in the underground garage. He had an apartment here. A safe place. He looked at his hands. They were shaking. He rested his head on the steering wheel for a moment. The adrenaline wore of and he was terrified as well. he never though he would be able to actually get out of that base with a blind Bobby, but he managed. Only God knows how.

He had to blow things up. Actually he had charged the whole west side of the building if he remembered well. There was just so much happening that he had gaps in his memory. The escape seemed blurred to him. He knew it was because he released his charm. All of it. His head hurt terribly, and he knew he would have migraine for WEEKS after abusing his empathy like it. But alone he had no chances in fighting all of Keeper's men, so instead he charmed then into not seeing him and Bobby.

He looked at the back seat, at the curled figure and thought it was worth it. He was worried about Bobby but there were no way he could take him to the hospital. He just hoped Bobby wouldn't die from injuries he didn't notice.

Finally forcing his aching body to move he got out of the car and took the sleeping body in his arms. Here was a lift, so he should be able to carry Bobby to it, and then to the apartment. He didn't want to wake Bobby right now. It was better if the young man slept.


* * *
End part 1a