Addendum to Opening Gambit

by Jennie

Pairing: Gambit/Warren

Feedback: I'd be thrilled. To: jennieemcg@aol.com

Notes: This answers a question Ori asked when she was editing 'Opening Gambit'. Being the lovely, sweet person that I am, I decided to give it a go...



Addendum to Opening Gambit

by Jennie

I rose to sit behind him and set my hands on his skin, lightly stroking the strong muscles and sinew connecting wing to back. As if in a dream, I caressed and kneaded his upper back, not quite believing that those were my hands. That my touch was not only tolerated, but welcome. I'd noticed him - of course I had. A person, male or female, would have to be blind *not* to appreciate the sheer physical beauty of the man. Never, not even for a moment, had I ever imagined that he might have noticed me in turn.

"Nice," he murmured, relaxing into my touch. He sighed happily and reached up to unbutton his shirt.

Ah ha. I'd always wondered how in the hell he managed to get clothing on and off, considering the huge feathery wings on his back. After pulling the shirt tails out, he reached around to his lower back. My full attention on his hands, I didn't notice him twisting around to glance at me from the corner of one eye.

"Never seen a man remove his shirt before, Remy?" he teased.

"Non... I mean, oui. Mais, dey didn' have... " I waved one hand at the snowy wings that sprouted from his back.

"Give me your hand," he instructed.

I did, and he directed my fingers to two almost invisible rows of tiny snaps. "Go ahead."

Carefully, I opened the snaps, which led from the hem of his shirt to the base of his wings. He then pulled the shirt over his head, now bare from the waist up.

***

 

And there you have it - no more shirt problems...