A Time to Sow

By Rose

superpole2@ureach.com

NC-17

In a strange world with ties to our past and our future, A man name Logan meets a young man named Remy


A Time to Sow
By Rose


Logan leaned against an old birch tree and watched Tuesday drink from the stream. The horse drank half-heartedly, eager to get back to the ride. Normally Logan would never have stopped unless the horse needed to, but some hidden instinct was causing him to linger in these woods.

He had never been to this part of the woods, never would have come if this newer road hadn’t taken two days off of his normal ride into town. God bless progress and all.

Suddenly Tuesday took off across the water, jerking the reins Logan had been holding loosely right from his hand. At first Logan looked back, assuming that the horse had fled from a predator of some sort. Lord only knew what was out here. A soft voice and happy neighing from Tuesday turned him back to look across the stream.

Some people who were more prone to superstition and witchery than he told stories about beautiful spirits of trees and animals haunting the forests. Logan gazed wondrously over the stream and made a mental note to buy a mojo or two the next time he came across one of those witches.

The boy was beautiful. He had the light bones and muscles of a deer, rich copper hair cruelly cut short, and the most amazing part of all, two stunning red eyes, swirling like sunsets. Logan gazed a bit longer, before he shook himself out of his unnatural stupor.

"You there, boy, whatcha doin' wit’ ma horse?"

The boy shrunk back instantly, lowering his head, "I’m sorry, sah. I didn’t mean no harm. You’ horse is real beautiful."

Logan felt a warmth fill his body and resisted scooping the boy up and riding back with him. He smiled, "Not nearly as beautiful as you are, darlin’."

He blushed furiously and started to back away, "You are too kind. I…I have ta go."

"Wait!" Logan waded quickly across the stream but the boy was long gone.

-----------

Logan rode into town a day later, thoughts still stuck on the boy. Thoughts of the boy brought feelings to Logan he hadn’t felt in years. Logan shook his head furiously, Ain’t no such thing like love at first sight. Specially not fer the likes of me.

He walked up to the one bar in town. A familiar redhead was working the bar, and Logan smiled.

"Hey, Jeannie, You look as good as ever."

Her head jerked up and she lunged over the bar and embraced Logan awkwardly. "Logan, you old dog, how’ve you been?"

"Can’t complain. Looks like I’ll be getting a good harvest this fall."

Jeannie smiled and fixed him a drink, "Yeah, it’s a fantastic spring. I bet your studs are goin’ at it like crazy."

"Yup, sure are."

Jeannie leaned against the bar, eager for fresh conversation, "So, how’s the new road? Any interesting sights?"

Logan nearly choked, Jeannie always seemed to get to what was on his mind, it was uncanny. He debated not telling her.

"Oh ho, You’re keeping something from me. So, spill it, rider."

He snorted, "I ran into this boy, around 18-19 cycles."

Jeannie gestured for him to go on.

He decided there was no way to say this tactfully. "I think I fell in love with a forest spirit, Jeannie," He said quietly.

Jeannie didn’t laugh, "I don’t think I’ve ever seen you like this, Logan. This must’ve been some boy."

Logan swirled around the last of his drink, "Yeah, I ain’t never seen anything that beautiful in these backwoods. That wasn’t married of course." He looked pointedly at her and she had the good grace to blush.

"Well, then you better get a hold of him before anyone else does."

"I ain’t the marrying type, you know that. Besides, one look at my mug an’ it’s no wonder the boy went flying."

Jeannie put her hand on his, "Logan, you have so much purity and love in that big heart of yours, it’s killing you to rot out there alone. Now, this boy has quite the hold on you, otherwise you never would have mentioned him."

He sighed, only Jeannie could talk to him like this, "Maybe I’ll try and find him on the way back."

She smiled, "Make sure to buy him something. And his mother too."

He smiled back, "You always take care o’ me, Jeannie."

She squeezed his hand, "I just want plenty of juicy gossip when you get back here in the fall."

----------------------

All he managed to gather around town was that there was indeed a family living in the range with a ‘devil child’. He arranged for the supplies to be delivered on the monthly run and picked up some small items before he started heading back.

He had much more luck with the people living on the road. Their isolation made them eager to gossip, and he quickly got detailed instructions to the house. It was still a bit off the new road, but Logan managed to get there around nightfall.

He stood awkwardly on their raggedy little porch, nervous for one of the first times in his life. People out here were suspicious to the point of paranoia and if he misspoke he could easily be chased out of here at gunpoint. He forced himself to stand up straight and knocked.

The man who answered the door was taller than Logan, but that was nothing new. He had the usual farmers build and cool wary eyes, "Whadda ya want?"

Logan took off his hat and forced himself not to shuffle, "I met your son out in the woods the other day-"

The man’s eyes widened in anger and he spun around, "Remy, get the hell over here!"

Some of the nervousness left as the angelic boy came into view. It was quickly replaced with anger as the man grabbed the boy by the neck, "What the hell did I tell you about keeping out of sight?! Do you want a mob t’ come out here and kill us? You want your mother’s throat slit, do you?"

It was difficult for the boy to speak, but he managed to stutter out a ‘No’. Tears leaked out of his eyes as he struggled in the man’s grasp. The man let go and the boy, Remy, scrambled out of sight. Logan heard a woman’s voice in the backround.

Logan squelched his anger, knowing that he had to be tactful with these people, "Sir, I’m glad I met your boy. You see, I’ld like your permission t’ court him."

The man’s eyes widened, then narrowed a bit, "This ain’t a ruse t’ get t’ the boy an’ kill him is it?"

Logan’s shook his head and reached into a small bag he carried with him, "No, Sir, I even brought you and your wife a gift I got while I was in town."

He handed a jar of salt to the man. Salt was rare and quite expensive out here. The man inspected it and then looked into the house for a moment before turning back to Logan. The woman in the backround appeared in the doorway, smiling with barely restrained hope,

"Would you like to join us for dinner, Mr…"

"Logan. I would be honored."

They moved out of the way, allowing Logan to enter the small house.

"I know it don’t look like much, but it’s only the three of us out here."

It wasn’t the worst shack he’d ever seen. There was a tiny kitchen and a good sized dining area with a nice antique oak table. There was a nice living area and it looked like there were sleeping arrangements in an upstairs loft.

"You have a beautiful home here, Mr…"

The man smiled for the first time, "Knap. Mr. and Mrs. Knap. It’s a pleasure t’ meet you Mr. Logan."

They shook hands and Logan could see that he was impressed by his firm grip.

"Remy, honey, do you think you can finish up getting dinner ready while we talk with Mr. Logan?"

Remy nodded and slipped into the kitchen. Logan couldn’t help but watch him until he disappeared out of sight. They sat in the living room.

"Now, I not unfamiliar with how t’ do business, but I can’t pretend we have the upper hand with our Remy."

Mrs. Knap smiled, "We just figured that Remy would have to spend the rest of his days alone out here, ‘cause of his eyes."

Logan met Mr. Knap’s eyes, "You must think I have real strange tastes."

Mr. Knap shook his head, "There was a time when I sowed my oats out there, and I’ve met folk with a lot stranger taste than you."

They talked about the things that people out here talked about until Remy quietly announced that dinner was ready with his quirky little lisp.

They allowed Remy to sit next to him, which was quite pleasant. Logan was more than a bit amused by him, as he was obviously completely out of his element. He tried to hide, keeping his body hunched over. But once and a while he would peek up at Logan with an offbeat little half-smile. Logan was beginning to wonder if Remy was capable of doing anything that he didn’t find endearing.

Logan paused from eating the stew, "Pardon me if this is an offensive question, but I don’t see too much resemblance between the two of you and Remy."

Mrs. Knap hung her head and Mr. Knap answered, "Truthfully, we ain’t got much luck comin’ up with children of our own. The Mrs. is so good with the children that I felt bad and wanted to get her one. Unfortunately, I’m sure you’re aware how much a child costs around here. There was a carnival going around about sixteen cycles ago. We saw Remy there. The circus owner wouldn’t tell us where he found him but he was a greedy little bastard and agreed t’ sell us Remy."

He knew they still had to pay a lot, even if the child was defective. Children were a rare commodity in this age.

Mrs. Knap was eager to reassure Logan, "But there ain’t nothin’ wrong with him beyond, you know. He’s great with animals, works hard, and is fairly obedient. Cooks good too."

Logan looked at both of them, two tired old people, "I bet you did a fine job in raisin’ him."

Mr. Knap deflected the compliment, "Jus’ a healthy mix o’ the belt an’ the Good Book, ‘s all."

Logan nodded and they finished the meal with some sweet rolls. Logan hadn’t had a meal like this in a long time and allowed himself to imagine coming home to a meal like this everyday. And then retiring at night next to the warm, soft body wrapped around him.

He looked up and Mr. Knap cleared his throat nervously, "We thought it’s be kind of us t’ let ya have a few minutes t’ talk with the boy. The misses ‘ll take care of the cow an’ I’ll be right outside havin’ a smoke." He looked over at the boy, "He tries anything, you holler, hear?"

Remy nodded, head still hung low and started to clean up the table as Mr. Knap closed the door behind him.

Logan smiled reassuredly to the boy, "Hi. I know this must be strange fer ya."

The boy stuck the last of the dishes in the sink and sat down next to him, "I knew you’d come back. I had a dream about it."

Logan looked over at the window and then very carefully slid the back of his fingers over a cheekbone. The skin was unbelievably soft, as was the lustrous hair.

"Why’d you get your hair cut so short?"

The boy sat with his hands in his lap, looking down, "I got brambles in it ‘bout a moon back an’ Momma had t’ cut it off."

Logan reached into his bag and brought out a necklace with a small crystal on the end. The crystal captured the light and sent it out in colors. The boy stared in wide-eyed amazement, "Oh, it’s amazin’."

Logan gently placed the rope around Remy’s neck, "It’s fer you. Reminded me o’ your eyes."

Remy blushed again, but kept smiling, "Are you goin’ t’ take me away from here? T’ live with your horses?"

Logan smiled, the boy was as perceptive as Jeannie, "I’d like to, yes. But, Remy, you don’t have t’ go with me."

Remy scrutinized him, a look that made him appear conniving and wily, "Why? Somethin’ I should know?"

Logan took one of his hands, allowing himself the brief luxury of admiring the long, artfully formed fingers, "Remy, do you know what two married people do?"

Remy’s hand squeezed his hand and he nodded slightly, "Will it hurt?"

Logan looked to the window again and brought Remy’s hand to his mouth, kissing it softly, "A little, the first time. But it makes you feel nice, too. Do you think, you’d want to do that with me?"

Remy leaned forward, looking into Logan’s eyes, "I think, you're a good person and I don’t think you’d hurt me, but…"

Logan gave the boy’s hand a squeeze, "’s all right, go on."

Remy looked at Logan fearfully, "What if I do something wrong? Will you get rid of me? Daddy says I’m always sassin’ of."

Logan almost laughed at him, but stopped himself, "Remy, I’m in love wit’ ya." He let that sink in. Remy covered his mouth as if to hide his shock, "An’ that means that even if you burn the eggs or ‘sass off’, I might get a bit peeved but I ain’t gonna get rid o’ ya."

Logan didn’t ask if Remy loved him back. He would do anything in his power t’ make the boy happy, and hopefully with time the boy night learn t’ love him.

The father chose that moment to come in and Logan tactfully dropped Remy’s hand. He decided that it was foolish to try and continue the courtship since Remy was a three-day ride away. His heart had already made a decision.

"Mr. Knap, with your permission, I’d like t’ marry your son."

There was an air-piercing squeal and Mrs. Knap ran into the house and hugged Remy tightly.

Mr. Knap indicated for Logan to sit down, "Remy take your mother to the barn and wait for me. Mr. Logan and I have some talking to do."

They left and Mr. Knap sat down next to him, "That’s an awful quick decision."

"I know myself well enough t’ know when my mind’s made up."

"Well, I been fixin’ up a wagon t’ sell, I reckon that’ll be yours. Also two pigs and a goat that’s givin’ milk. We don’t have much besides that."

Logan stuck his hand out, "We have ourselves a deal, Mr. Knap."

"We have a reverend ‘bout a half days ride away. We insist on you wedding here. We’d be honored to have you as a guest while we wait."

Logan nodded, "Thank you."

--------------------

They whisked Remy off to a neighbors of theirs, so Logan was deprived of that pleasure. Logan had considered sending for Jean, but knew she hated coming out here. He ran into Sam Guthrie while he was coming back from town and invited him to be his best man. The boy was thrilled, not having too much excitement since his parents passed.

He alternated between helping Mrs. Knap decorate the wedding wagon and helping Mr. Knap fix up the outside of the house to make it fit for a wedding party.

Logan woke up the next day with a smile on his face. He had dreamt about making love to Remy. He spent the morning playing host to various neighbors as they came around. One older man brought him a nice looking retro suit from the old days. He took a bath and slicked his hair back. Guthrie had given him quite a whistle as he had come out into the yard.

He knew Remy had come in sometime around noon but was not allowed to see him. Finally Logan’s torment ended and they took their places. Guthrie elbowed him and Logan waited for his love to appear from the house, out to the makeshift altar. A woman sung and played an old guitar, it was a beautiful sound. The procession moved by slowly and then the Vision appeared at the doorway.

He was ensconced entirely in white. He wore simple white pants, which looked almost like bleached pajama bottoms. A simple white sleeveless shirt. He had seen one of the families enter the house earlier with a bag and realized it must have been the ethereal cloak tied loosely around his neck. It flapped loosely behind him like angel’s wings. He wore short white gloves and the necklace hung around his neck. His hair had been braided back into cornrows with white ribbon entwined in them. The clasp of the cloak was a blue pin; Logan smiled at the old tradition.

As Logan stood holding those wonderful hands in his, he finally realized why the reverend always had to say all the words first. He had almost forgotten that the reverend was there, that anyone was there.

Remy said the vows quite softly, self-conscious of his lisp. Guthrie nudged him in the middle of his and Logan realized he had nearly been yelling his vows. Remy smiled at that.

"You may kiss the betrothed."

Remy was passive, allowing Logan to guide him through his first kiss. Someone had slipped him a bit of moonshine, to calm his nerves probably, and the taste was sharp in his mouth. It was a contrast to the silky softness of those lips, the heady warmth of his breath. It was at this moment, above all others, that Logan knew that he had made the right choice. Guthrie nudged him again, he was getting’ mighty close to a punch in the face, and Logan regretfully pulled away.

Someone cheered and then the whole crowd was cheering and laughing. He grabbed Remy by the hand and they started dancing. Remy took to it the way he took to any movement, with effortless grace, even compensating for Logan’s complete lack of rhythm. Finally they all settled in for the wedding feast. They only had tables enough for the main party to eat at, the rest sprawled out on blankets. They were allowed to sit quite close to each other and Logan slipped a hand under the cloak to rest upon the back there.

He made sure Remy didn’t drink much. He himself didn’t drink, needing his mind clear for their ride home. People threw flowers on their way to the wagon, rice a precious commodity. Remy’s father was stoic, simply nodding at Remy. His mother was a sobbing wreck; Mr. Knap had to literally drag her off of him. Finally they mounted the wagon and left.

-------------------

"Well this is it."

Logan was worried. He had managed to make it back in two days, and Remy had said no more than a few words in the ride. He suspected that it was the stress of the marriage and leaving home. And now this. Their first night in the wedding bed.

Logan sighed. He decided that it wasn’t worth it to hurt Remy over tradition. If he froze in the bedroom, Logan would simply wait. God only knew how much time had passed since he’d last done this himself.

He popped open the padlock on his door, shooting a look across the fields to the Creed house. He scooped Remy up, which got him a frown, "What are you doin’?"

Logan smiled down at Remy and kissed him lightly on the forehead, "I’m supposed to carry my new love across the threshold."

Remy smiled tentatively, "Oh? And what if I weighed a ton?"

Logan grinned back, "I got a wheelbarrow in the shed."

He let Remy look around a moment before kicking open his bedroom door and carefully placing Remy on the large bed. Logan went and got them some bread and jam, and a large pitcher of water. Remy drank hungrily and then took off his cloak and laid back with a sigh. He eyed the ring Logan had had rushed out to the house. Logan finished off a roll and sat tentatively on the edge of the bed.

He seemed a little calmer now, "Do you want t’ kiss me again?"

Logan gently stroked the side of Remy’s face, "Yes."

He leaned over and used tongue this time. Remy carefully wrapped his arms around Logan, running a hand through the hair Logan had rinsed out earlier today. Logan pulled back a bit and slid his lips to a delicate shell of an ear, slowly sucking there before nipping his way down to where his pulse flittered erratically. Remy was already breathing hard, a very soft cry whispering out as Logan sucked at the little hollow in his neck.

He pulled back and allowed himself a moment to lap up the image of Remy. He lay there, loosely draped back into the bed. A flush crept up his neck and below his high cheekbones. Soft lips were parted ever so slightly. He lifted a hand and traced out paths across Logan’s face.

Logan was surprised when Remy started to carefully undo the buttons of Logan’s shirt. He shrugged it off, but took Remy’s hand, "It’s alright to be nervous. We don’t have to do anything you don’t want to."

Remy kept his eyes on Logan’s chest, "Its alright. I’m not scared anymore." To prove it he reached up with cool hands and slowly rubbed circles around Logan’s nipples. "Do you like that?"

Logan smiled, "You’re a natural, darlin’."

He slid his own hands up Remy’s flat chest, taking the shirt with it. They paused for a moment to remove it, and then Logan lowered his lips to Remy’s right nipple, which was already erect from the cold. He played with it for a bit switching to the other nipple before sitting up, replacing his hands where his mouth was, "You like that?" he asked with a smile. Remy’s eyes were closed but he nodded, gasping as Logan went back to using his mouth. Remy’s chest was moving fast under Logan; his sharp breath sometimes punctuated with a slight ‘oh.’

Blood flowed in a fast heat to his groin, but he ignored it. He wanted Remy’s first time with a man to be as pleasurable as possible. He moved very slowly down Remy’s torso, until he finally reached the inevitable. He felt Remy’s eyes burning into him as he slowly undid the tie and slipped the pants off of him.

He froze as he caught an eyeful of the naked Remy. Remy mistook his gaping stare and covered his genitals with his hands and blushed furiously.

"I know it’s pretty bad…"

Logan shook himself out of his funk and took both of Remy’s hands off of himself, "Your so beautiful, Remy."

He simply couldn’t believe how long those legs were. How long he was. Logan wasn’t much to be hung up on appearance, but he couldn’t help but realize how spectacularly hideous he must look next to this young angel.

Remy instinctively deflected the compliment, "Nah, I’m all skin an’ bones. I don’t have any of your hair or big muscles."

Logan lay down next to Remy, running a hand up and down his side, "You like all my hair and muscles?"

Remy nodded, "You're so strong, like a big grizzly. An’ y’ smell good."

Logan chuckled at that and then kissed Remy. He reached down and carefully wrapped his thick fingers around Remy’s penis.

Remy broke off with a gasp and bucked. He wrapped his arms tight around Logan, and moaned softly in his ear. Logan was perched up on one arm that was pinned under Remy and his other hand he used to firmly stroke Remy. He nipped and sucked on every inch of Remy’s long elegant neck while Remy breathed in long shuddering breaths.

He let go a bit before Remy climaxed. Remy uttered a disappointed ‘oh’ and Logan kissed him softly.

"Lie back, sweet, I’ll show you something you’ll really like."

Remy arched an eyebrow and said with a smile, "Oh really?"

Logan recognized the offbeat humor and chuckled. It seemed that everything about Remy was a little bit quirky.

He coaxed Remy’s legs apart and lay between them. He put a bit of weight on his forearms which he lay across Remy’s hips and then leaned over to kiss the rigid flesh nestled in a bed of fine copper hair

Remy let out a cry that was filled with so much shock that Logan stopped for a moment to glance up. Remy was perched up on his elbows and had thrown his head back, probably as he cried out. It was a position that made his lean muscles stand out in sharp relief and Logan could feel himself start to leak a bit at the stunning site. Logan once again shelved the painful throbbing and went back to his work. He stopped playing around and took Remy fully into his mouth, as far as he could go.

Remy’s shuddering breaths filled the room, interrupted often by an occasional cry. He spoke words sometimes: yes, God, Logan, and some less intelligible words. At some point he wrapped his ungodly long legs loosely around Logan, heels digging into his pelvic bone. He started to tense and Logan tightly wrapped his lips around Remy, curious at what his forest nymph would taste like. Beyond the normal taste of cum was a sweet earth taste. Logan smiled and spat it out into an empty washbasin.

A thump sounded above him and Logan realized that Remy’s arms had given out. He was panting and staring with wide eyes at the ceiling. Logan scooted up next to him and waited patiently for Remy to recover. Finally he turned to Logan,

"Wow."

Logan chuckled softly, "I’m glad you liked it, honey."

Remy glanced down and frowned, "What about you?"

Logan shrugged, "I’ll be alright."

Remy’s eyes narrowed, "Why don’t you want to do anything with me? Did I do something wrong?"

Logan cursed himself, "God, no. I just don’t want to scare you."

Remy’s one eyebrow raised again, "Logan…Don’t you trust me?"

Logan sighed, "I’d love to make love t’ ya, darlin’. I just don’t want t’ hurt ya."

Remy kissed his cheek, "You can do whatever you’d like with me, husband. I just want to make you happy."

Logan frowned at that eager to please attitude. As if reading his mind, Remy licked his lips and Logan suppressed a groan as his body responded to the unconscious seduction.

"Roll over on your side, darlin’." He reached behind him into a drawer and pulled out a bottle of oil. He dipped a finger into the oil and reached toward Remy’s soft buttocks. Remy was silent as Logan used his thumb and middle finger to spread him apart. Remy tensed at first when Logan placed his finger on his anus. But he pushed outward instinctively and Logan slid in with ease. He crooked his finger and after a second found his sweet spot. Remy gasped softly and his leg flicked a bit in reflex. He carefully repeated the maneuver, each time adding a finger.

Finally he reached down and slowly started to slick himself. He resisted the urge to simply use his hand to reach climax and slid closer to Remy. He brought his right arm under Remy and cradled him close. The other arm he used to guide himself as he started to enter Remy.

Remy did his best despite the tenseness of his body. He got the head in started to push when Remy locked up like a stubborn mule. His teeth ground together in pain, but Logan still tried to push in. Remy cried out in pain and Logan stayed still. He moved his arm down to Remy’s stomach and rubbed it in gentle circles. This time when he pushed there was some give even though Remy cried out again. Logan used both hands to grab Remy and slid in as far as he could go. The thick oil did what the rigid muscle refused to do and Logan waited quietly for Remy to adjust.

"Are you alright?"

Remy was breathing shakily, "Uh-huh."

Oh God, he felt so good, "Y' want me t' stop?"

Remy shook his head and moaned softly as he pulled out. The air was filled with grunts and moans as he worked towards climax.

He buried his face in copper hair dampened by sweat. "Remy…" he moaned as he climaxed.

They lay silent together. Finally Logan rolled over and kissed Remy on the shoulder, "I'm going to the pump. Be back in a second."

The night air bit at his damp skin. He washed himself off and stood still to urinate while he stared over the wide expanse of land. His land. And his husband. Not ten years ago all he had was a rusty revolver and whores that picked lice out of their hair while he counted out their money.

When he came back inside, Remy had already washed up. He looked up expectantly, eyebrow arched. Logan could see the depth of character in that face, just waiting to spring out. He was going to be trouble, this one.

"Y' miss me?"

Remy smiled and nodded, "Come on to bed."

Logan leaned over and blew out the lantern. He shot one last look at the house on the hill before lying down. They slept in each others arms that night, and many nights afterword.


END