Title: A step away

Author: Kessily

E-Mail: Kessily@aol.com

Feedback: I'm new on the list. I joined because I've heard great things about the writers here. I would love feedback, please? *insert pitiful whimper here*

Summary: Some stuff happens, then some other stuff happened. and in conclusion some some stuff happened. *grin*

This is not my usual genre. Nor is it my usual writing style. However, it is one I occasionally enjoy playing with. This story has been creeping around in the back of my head for a while waiting for release.

It has always been difficult for me to see an M/M relationship between a lot of the X-men, but especially this pairing because I've been so influenced by Diane's writing. As a result it made me even more interested in working out a realistic scenerio for it.

Pairing: Logan/Remy

Rated: R

Warnings:Sex/ a few swears/ some kinky stuff (spanking and light bondage)

Disclaimer- I don't own the X-men, Marvel does, I just abuse them and love them and occasionally hug them :)


A step away
by Kessily


"Jesus Christ, kid. Come back to bed will ya?" Logan said. His voice was somewhat muffled beneath the pillow he had clasped to his head. He peered out from under it and looked at the red-eyed mutant blearily.

"Can' sleep. De mind won' shut down," Remy replied. He didn't look away from the window he was peering out of. Beneath the hotel window was a park filled with children. At the moment they were his sole entertainment.

"Well have some fuckin' pity on those of us who can sleep why dontcha?" Logan muttered.

Remy sighed; he released the curtain and let it fall back to block the bright sun's entrance to the room. He plopped down onto the bed next to the stocky Canadian. He stretched his lanky body out, putting his arms behind his head as he lay there thinking.

Finally Logan gave up and turned to look at him. "All right what's up Gumbo?" he demanded irritably. What he wanted most was sleep. His goal was to do whatever necessary to Remy in order to get him to relax and rest.

"Don' know. Jus' feelin'...restless," Remy muttered.

Logan sighed. He grumbled and sat up, swinging his legs off the bed. "Well if yer restless, then I guess I ain't gonna get any shut eye. Might as well get some action instead." He leaned over, grabbed his boots and laced them up.

"Where we goin'?" Remy asked, leaning forward eagerly.

"Out."

"Dat Logan always wit' da nonstop talkin'" Remy said, sarcastic. He slipped his feet into shoes and was ready to go. Neither man had undressed to sleep; they hadn't expected to stay long. Logan, battle trained as he was, tended to sleep full clothed anyway. It was easier to be ready for the unexpected that way.

Both men were working out some serious issues between them. Things had developed. Strange things, and that was an understatement. Remy had grown up on the streets. Taken in by the thieves guild eventually, but before that he was just another street waif, surviving anyway he could.

He'd whored of course. It was the easiest way to get money. Mostly older men, groping and grabbing at his crotch while he sucked them off in a dark alley. He hated the memory of the taste they left in his mouth. He tried not to think about it at all, and he did like women.

But then there was Logan. Logan didn't approach him. Didn't lust after him as far as he could see. He wanted Logan badly. Bad enough to make himself the pursuer. He'd chased women by the dozens. Their scents, their bodies, God they made him hot. But never a man.

Touching another man, sex...it reminded him too much of his early teenage years. But then there was Logan.

Approach, pursue, lust. Logan always found something else to do. Somewhere else to be. Remy wasn't used to subtle. It didn't work in his world. After weeks of trying to play a role he gave up. Blatant proposal was followed by quick refusal.

He thought he'd feel rejected, but instead he only wanted the stocky man more. It became more important, more necessary. Back to being subtle, but now Logan was avoiding him.

Remy cornered him. "I'm not a kid, Logan. I know what I wan' an' I wan' you, non?" Honest, forthright. Sincerity in his black and red eyes.

When Logan gave in it surprised Remy. He didn't realize at first that Logan was only giving in because he thought Remy would back off. Logan was wrong; it amused Remy to find that out. Logan seemed so wise to make a mistake like that.

Now it was too late, Logan had agreed. He could have kicked himself when he realized he'd played into the younger man's hands. Not that he objected to having a man in his bed. He had lived through enough to be beyond worrying about that kind of stuff.

His heart told him that Remy was a kid and didn't really know what he wanted. His body disagreed. It was saying 'Hey why the hell not. You didn't go to him. He came to you, just go for it.' His body had the advantage, and he went for it.

Well, at least he tried. Getting alone time in a mansion full of nosey superheroes wasn't easy. Three attempts. Three failures. Logan was ready to throw in the towel. Remy was not. Couple days away from home? Sure, okay Logan did it all the time.

Except that Remy didn't care much for camping. He wanted to stay in a hotel in Manhattan. Room service, suite, hot tub, the whole bit. That took more then a little convincing. Logan was NOT happy, but he capitulated in the end. Musta lost his damn sanity. It was the only explanation.

It was easier though, without concerned family and friends milling around. In the bedroom Logan took over the role of aggressor. Remy didn't play hard to get. It was fast, furious, pounding sex that satiated both of them...for a while.

A couple more rounds of that and even Logan was exhausted. His healing factor could only do so much. He had to admit it felt good to be all worn out for such a mundane (If you could call it that!) reason, and not because he'd been out saving the universe. (Again) Now on day two there were other problems. Logan was beginning to wonder if he'd taken advantage of the innocent. Remy was starting to feel guilty for manipulating Logan into giving him what he wanted. Guilt made him restless, sleepless. Or maybe it was lust.

A bar. Resembled a tavern really. Out of place in the big city, but nice. Drinks and a friendly game of pool did a lot to settle both of their nerves. A few more drinks did even better. Two calm and relaxed mutants headed back to their hotel room.

Things got off to a better start when Logan took the lead. He was more comfortable that way, and Remy was happy to let it happen. The restraints, now that was a surprise. "You like da rough stuff Logan?" Remy said, eyes wide. Remy had undressed, but Logan hadn't.

"Yep, sometimes." He stopped, holding them in his hands, and looked at the Cajun. "That bothers you?"

"Non, not wit' you. I trust you," Remy said. Shaking his head bravely and looking so damn innocent that it hurt Logan to see him.

"You sure? I want to cuff ya. I want..." he stopped, not wanting to give the whole thing away. "But, I don't have to. I don't need it," emphasizing the word need as he spoke.

"Oui, I'm sure," Remy gave him a nervous half a grin. His stomach gave a little lurching flutter of excitement. He hadn't thought Logan the type to go in for discipline and bondage. His only experience with it was from his street days. Scary. But he trusted Logan, wanted to please him.

Logan hesitated for a second and then shrugged. If Gumbo said it was okay, then it was okay. He strapped one of the leather cuffs to each slender wrist, and each ankle. The cuffs came with a series of straps that made it possible to restrain someone to the bed without a head or footboard.

It took Logan some time to thread them under the mattress. Remy watched curiously, wondering what his teammate was doing. He finally figured out when Logan pushed him face down on the bed and connected the straps to the cuffs. He suddenly found himself completely immobilized.

A nervous chuckle forced it's way out of Remy. Nerves made him giddy. "What's da plan Logan?" Remy asked. Slight quaver in his voice.

"The plan? There's no plan Cajun. I'm just gonna...enjoy myself," Logan said. Remy could hear the laughter in his voice. Then there was a hand, rough, and warm. It caressed each pale cheek. Remy jumped and turned his head to look over his shoulder.

"Uh-uh no peekin' Gumbo. I'll letcha know when I wanna see yer eyes. Till then you can put cher face in the pillow." Remy moved too slowly to obey. Logan's hand came down hard, a less then subtle threat. SMACK.

Remy winced, his head turned so fast he almost got whiplash. He buried his face in the expensive, rose scented pillowcases. The best the hotel's money could buy. "Dat hurt Logan," Remy remarked calmly.

"Did? Good. Meant it to," was all Logan replied. He brought his hand down again. A bunch of times, Remy didn't count them. He just knew that his ass was burning. Logan's hand didn't sting. It didn't even feel like he was using his hand. The weight of all that adamantium in his skeleton made his palm feel unyielding. More like a paddle then flesh.

Remy moaned, biting the pillow against the pain. He'd only ever been spanked for punishment, and this wasn't punishment. He didn't think it was anyway. As suddenly as it had started, the pain went away. There was a snikt a sound Remy recognized immediately as Logan releasing one of his claws.

He froze, afraid to breath. Heart in his chest he waited. Terrified, but underneath he was still calm. He trusted Logan. He DID. He was scared but somehow he knew everything was safe. He felt the claw. Not the sharp side, the back of it. Cool and metallic it moved across reddened flesh.

It felt nice. It made him shiver, and he moaned. Back arching and goose bumps appearing on pale skin. "Dat's nice," he whispered.

"Yep." Logan said. Never much for words, but now wanting to verbalize even less. Logan watched Remy with all his senses. He could hear the heightened pulse rate, smell the fear and desire. He knew Remy wanted more without even asking.

The claw retracted. Logan didn't want the boy to get to used to any one sensation. Pain, then pleasure. Mixed and matched, until Remy was flying so high he thought he'd never come down again. Spanking again. Harder and longer this time, more of a bite.

Remy gasped, his mouth opened to call a halt, but Logan had timed it exactly. As soon as Remy was sure he couldn't handle anymore, Logan stopped. No claw this time. Just warm hands, caressing, touching, massaging. Everything felt good. Every part of his body tingled. His cock grew hard beneath him, pressing into his belly.

Back to the pain, spanking, slapping, hard hands hurting him. Remy rocked against his bonds without even realizing it. Ass cheeks rising to meet Logan's hands. The slaps got harder to compensate. "Logan?" whimpering.

"Remy." Just a name, not really a response. No intention of stopping yet, Logan's hand flashed down in one blistering crack after another. Remy bucked in response, rubbing his erection against silk sheets. Pumping his hips in need.

"Logan I need..." Something, but not sure what.

"What do you need Remy?" Logan asked. A rare use of his actual name. Not Gumbo, not Cajun, but his actual name.

"Don't know. Don't...need something," Remy said between quick panting breaths. Than Logan was ripping the straps away. Remy's ankles were still cuffed but no longer held in place. Then his legs were being bent, shoved up.

Remy was kneeling, head down, arms still restrained, looking eminently fuckable. So Logan took him like that. Driving into him from behind with hard penetrating thrusts. That moment in time, Remy wished would go on forever. The pain and pleasure of Logan pushing into his body, grazing his sore ass with each stroke. Even the vulnerability of being restrained.

Logan's hand reached around the front of Remy's muscular thighs. He fumbled for the Cajun's cock, finding it and grasping it possessively. His hand moved up and down the shaft, to the rhythm of his thrusts until Remy came. Warm fluid splattering on white sheets spurred Logan on. The smell of it excited him.

Logan began thrusting harder, yanking Remy back against him each time. He growled suddenly, and leaned down to bite into Remy's shoulder. His teeth sank in deep, not quite breaking the skin, but leaving a deep bruise. He was more animal then man when he exploded into the slender man's body.

Remy found his hands free. He wasn't sure exactly how it happened. Logan was on his side, pulling Remy against him. Holding him in place with one heavy arm and growling under his breath when Remy tried to get free.

"Logan?" Remy asked. "Mon ami?" Logan didn't respond, and Remy suspected he was sleeping. Every time he moved Logan's arm shifted to encircle him tighter. Remy finally gave up and relaxed against the Canadian while he was still able to breathe. It took a little shifting but eventually he found a cozy nest in the Wolverine's arms and went to sleep. His restlessness was gone. He was satiated.


END