Title: A Late Guest

by Sirene Demonseyes

feathery_elfette@hotmail.com

Pairing: Logan/Remy

Rating: NC-17,

Warnings: slash m/m, mention of non-con SM and sex with under-aged

Disclaimer: The characters belong to Marvel, no money is made on my behalf

Note: This story is oriented on the comics, but still as I'm not that much of an expert, it's my universe. As this is my first fanfic, I'm kinda nervous ya know.. comments are very welcome and needed, but be good to me pretty please.*pleading puppy dogs eyes*. Enjoy!


A Late Guest
by Sirene Demonseyes


Remy watched the last candle he had placed on his windowsill slowly blow out. Stars sparkled brightly in the pitch-black sky outside, but he couldn't enjoy the once so beloved sight. The quiet darkness of the boathouse gave him the creeps. He sighed and hastily moved to turn on the light. Why can' I ever enjoy bein' alone at night? Why can' I manage to be alone at all? He finished his glass of wine in disappointment, as drowsing away comforted by the rich red liquid hadn't worked out this time. He didn't feel a bit comforted. In a mood like that and at that time of the night, he would usually have put on some clothing provocative enough to catch the eye and head off to town to do a bit of bar hopping and a lot of drinking- most likely ending up in a strange bed with someone he hardly knew. But since a few weeks, that didn't satisfy him any longer. Though avoiding the thought, Remy knew well enough that his sleeping around was all about pretending to be loved. Spending the first years of his life as an abandoned street kid had left it's traces and though being an empath, grown up Remy now tended to take mere lust for real affection.

Remy sobbed. He was absolutely sure that he would never be loved by anyone. Who could possibly fall for a messed up ex-hustler like him? No, all he could hope for was arousing sexual desires in other people. Thanks to his damned empathy, that would always work! He shivered at remembering the feelings he had received from most of the X-men since his return from Antarctica. His shields weren't as firm as they used to be, and he hadn't been able to deal with the loathing that encountered him. So there he was now, banned to the boathouse.

The young Cajun paced his living room, unable to come up with something to distract himself from mere brooding. Going to bed was no option, he felt absolutely unable to sleep right now. Merde! I'm not dat good in living on my own anymore, huh? Sure, he had survived a childhood on the streets and many more challenges as he grew older- but surviving was one thing, enjoying life was something very different and that knowledge was a heavy burden on Remy's soul.

All of a sudden, he was startled by someone knocking on the door. ''Ya still awake in there, Gumbo?'' Remy smiled relieved at recognizing Logan's voice and let his visitor in. He didn't want Wolverine to see him weak and brooding and did his best to stick to his ever playful charming mask. C'est de la bonne chance! Pas de telepath, I can manage to lead Wolverine on the wrong track!

''Merde, homme, you almost gave me a heart attack! Remy ain't dat used to someone callin' in so late!'' Remy flashed the older man a smile that was an intoxicating mixture between seduction and casuality.

''Guess usually you're the one paying late night visits, Cajun?!'' Logan smirked at the younger man.

Remy turned away quickly, trying not to show how much that playful remark had actually hurt him. Oui, dat's all dey see in you: Remy 'de slut' LeBeau. I thought Logan was better than de rest o' them. Ah, see? C'est ca! You're a silly slut, Le Beau, deserve your reputation! His nagging thoughts were interrupted by Logan's dark voice: ''Wow, all those candles- are ya sure ya weren't expecting someone special tonight?'' he went on mocking the young thief and sat down on Remy's worn couch.

''Uhm... Maybe I'm de romantic type, non?'' Remy said as lighthearted as he could.

''I didn't mean to disturb ya, but as I saw yer lights were still on I thought I could as well pay ya a visit. That park is so boring, it gives me a really hard time when I have to-- check the surroundings.'' Check de surroundings? Ah, you don' foolin me, Wolverine. You are here for somethin' else, n'est-ce pas?

Remy took his place next to his visitor. ''Oui, de park is borin' in de night. Mais Logan, what is it you came for really? Can' fool Remy, eh? De empathy, cher!'' he almost chuckling reminded the man next to him.

Wolverine frowned. Could the empath feel the wishes he himself wasn't able to come to terms with? First of all, he was concerned about the young thief, even more since he had escaped Antarctica and seemed so gloomy. But still, there was something more about his concern. It had started some weeks ago, when Logan had had a remarkable wet dream about a graceful redhead sucking him off. It had came as a mayor shock for him to see the desirable creature kneeling in front of him all of sudden raise it's head and red on black eyes had stared at him, sparkling maliciously. However, after waking up panting and cursing his imagination to consider the lean Cajun an object of desire, he couldn't stop reviving the delightful scene again and again in his mind.

And tonight, returning from the pub, Wolverine had made up his mind to go see the creature that kept him up at night if it was not sneaking into his dreams.

Embarrassed, he avoided the Cajuns curious gaze.'' Well- Remy- ya see, I'm worried about ya. Ya stick to yerself so much these days. Thought ya probably needed someone to talk to.''

''Dat's very kind, mon ami, Mais Remy's just fine. Remy's a survivor!'' Merde, Remy's a psycho to bring it to de point!

Logan felt uncomfortable. What am I doing here after all? Damn it, did ya really think ya could pay the kid a visit and he'd be on his knees right away? Face it, yer old enough to be his grandfather at least and so just keep that dirty thoughts of yers in yer own mind!

Remy was startled. The emotions he sensed in Logan were a mixture of discomfort, anger, longing and ...desire. Could it be the older man lusted after him? Oh non, it's Logan, he's de only one I really like among de X-men. I really don' wanna upset him, merde, it's Wolverine!! He could rip me into with dem claws! But I can' get down on him. Please, don' make me have to! Not now. Not tonight! Dieu, let me be wrong 'bout his emotions! Logan could smell the Cajuns fear. It was likely he could feel Logan’s passion for him. Smelling the young thief's fear was even more arousing. Sitting next to Remy became almost unbearable, as Logan indulged in the sweet and spicy smell that was so utterly Remy's- pepper, cinnamon, cigarettes, fear and sex, lingering always around him, ready to burst out. It was enough to drive Logan feral, it wakened the Wolverine, ready to claim that delicious piece of flesh. Logan struggled hard to keep in control, watching the demonic eyes in front of him widen in anticipation and shock.

He sat without moving, imagining the exotic sight Remy must have been to see in New Orleans: Redhead complexion, small freckles splattered on graceful cheeks and nose, contrasting the disturbing yet beautiful red on black eyes. Pretty soon, it came to Logan’s mind what a torture life must have been for the unprotected street kid Remy had been back than. Being so obviously a mutant must have made his life hell.

Logan's heart ached at these thoughts and with surprise he felt his feral side retreat and realized that it wasn't only lust that brought him to the Cajun tonight. What was it? Was it...love?

He slowly reached out to touch Remy's cheek. The young man flinched away. Than it hit Remy- it was Wolverine! He dared not to upset him and quickly started to apologize. In Remy's eyes, Logan's need to touch him could only have generated by one single motivation.

''Sorry, Logan, didn' mean to! Whacha wan' Remy to do? Can make you feel real bien, it's all in your choice!'' he purred, intend on charming his way out of Wolverine's anger. He would lose his last real friend among the X-men, had obviously lost him already and got a john in exchange. But all he had to concentrate on now was trying to please the older mutant. To save himself from the rage of a rejected, feral Wolverine.

Remy started to kiss the palm caressing his cheek, he licked it and moved closer to the older mutant.

Logan couldn't believe what was happening. Why was the Cajun giving him what he hadn't yet asked for? He shuddered at the exquisite sensation Remy's tongue left behind. He couldn't resist and pulled the young mutant close to him, claiming his lips with an eager kiss, parting Remy's teeth, exploring the sweet mouth of his with his tongue. He stopped after a while, having to catch some breath. Letting the Cajun go, he felt feverish hands touching his chest, removing his shirt, a tongue licking his nipples, making him groan out with pleasure. But before Logan could indulge into that arousing feeling, trained slender fingers unzipped his jeans, got his underwear out of their way, freeing his throbbing erection.

And albeit his pleasure, Logan at that moment realized there was something very wrong about Remy going down on him. He had enjoyed the boys ministrations, adored the touch of his trained hands... That was it! Trained! Trained! Now it made sense what the Cajun had told him.. 'Make you feel bien...all your choice'

Logan looked at the beautiful, submissive creature at his knees. Just like in his dreams, and yet light-years away from it. Logan didn't know what to do and just pushed the kid away.

A frightened gaze met his angry eyes.

''Non, please, don' hurt Remy! Did I do somethin' wrong! So sorry, Logan, S'il vous plait! Make it all up to you!''

''Hell, kid, I won't hurt ya and I certainly don't want ya to be my whore, got it!?'' He got himself properly dressed in a haste.

Tears started to fill the Cajuns eyes. Logan’s anger hurt him badly. Looking at the miserable being on the floor, Logan calmed himself down. Shouldn't scare the hell out of the kid.

''Common, Gumbo, don't ya cry. I'm sorry I didn't want to scare ya. I just don't like it that way. Ya didn't enjoy what we did, and that just doesn't feel good. Now, get up, will, ya?''

Shivering, the young Cajun stood up, but he dared not to look at Logan. ''Je suis desole, Logan.'' He muttered ''Sorry, I displeased you!''

Wolverine scolded his body for getting aroused again at the kid's submissiveness. If ya knew how sexy ya are, kiddo!

''That's what it's about, Gumbo. Ya don't have to please me as if had paid for ya. Ya should enjoy yerself too!''

Remy was confused. What was it Logan's feelings told him? Anger, lust, yes, still, lust and concern. Concern and warmth. Had he mistaken the man? Was he maybe interested in more than just conquering his body?

''Dat's so confusing, Logan. See Remy's just dat, a whore, don' know better!''

Logan stood up and gently lay his arms around the Cajuns trembling body. ''Rems, don't ya say so. Yer no whore.'' The red on black eyes glanced at him angrily and desperate.

''I am! I whored myself since I was nine years old. So, de X-men are right to call me slut, and I won't be anything else ever!''

Logan gently placed his lips on the Cajuns wet cheeks, kissing away his tears.

''Ya were a kid struggling to survive on the streets back than. Ya were a victim of cruel circumstances. But that's over now, Remy. I'd like to make ya happy, kid. If ya want me to, that is...Ya just have to let me know your boundaries okay?'' Logan looked up and saw the exotic eyes watching him fill with tears again.

''Common, then, Rems, what is it, did I say something that hurt ya?'' ''No'' came the whispered respond. ''It's just that no one ever asked me about my boundaries before. No one wanted to make me happy...'' It hurt Logan to hear that. How could it be that a person so goodhearted and gentle as the boy in front of him had been treated like dirt all his life long? It's no wonder the kid started to feel like dirt, too. Under that kinda circumstances, even a much stronger person's self confidence would be broken- and Remy- hell, he was a kid- is still not very much more than that! ''That's a shame, kiddo! Ya see: If ya don't like anything I'll do, ya tell me so, and I'll stop. I promise!'' Remy hid his face beneath his long auburn bangs. Shame burned his cheeks.

''Logan, I'm afraid I really don' know what I like you doing and what I don' like. So you just do what you want, non?''

Logan lifted the younger man's chin up with his hand and held Remy’s eye. The boy looked confused and ashamed.

'' Rems, we leave it be for now, okay? Ya look like ya could use some sleep!''

''Please, don' be angry with Remy! Just wanna please you, Logan!'' Hell, when would the kid ever stop that?? Logan knew he was in for a though ride.

''Listen, once again, I'm not angry or anything! I messed you up in the middle of the night, it's my turn to apologize. I'l l come see ya tomorrow, If ya want. So, sleep well, good night, Gumbo!'' The young man nodded and waved good-bye.

Logan was about to take his leave but opening the door, he couldn't resist from turning around again. He looked at the delicate form, now curled up in the far end of the couch. The Cajun's face looked absent but from the way he held his knees close to him, hands trembling slightly, Logan could tell he felt hurt.

''Rems-'' Damnit, he looks so gorgeous and vulnerable- how can I find the right words to reassure him? ''- -I don't understand ya, but it seems I--- love things that aren't easily understood.''

The alien eyes gazed at him in surprise, as Wolverine decided to get to the point no matter what the Cajun's reaction would be.

''Yer so very young and beautiful, ya see- I couldn't imagine ya would like to be with such an old bastard as me!''

Remy raised himself and walked slowly towards the older man still holding his place in the doorstep, until they stood face to face.

Remy felt himself tremble, but nevertheless he moved forward and carefully kissed Logan. This time, he kissed him almost shyly, but out of a real need to feel the other mutants lips.

''How could y' think Remy don' want you, cher? I'm so – I can’ believe what you just said! Ce vrai, Logan, you would like me bein' yours ?'' Logan pulled the younger man close to him.

''Hell, kid, who's the empath here? Of course I mean it. I want ya, though yer a real mystery to me most of the time, boy.'' He gently kissed the tip of his new lovers nose. ''Je t'adore, Logan!'' The demon eyes filled with tears again - but this time they were a campaigned by the sweetest smile Wolverine had ever seen in his whole long life.



Part 2: How Cygnets Cry

The next morning, Remy found himself waking up fully dressed on his couch. Something special had happened last night, still utterly enlightening his mood, but he couldn't quite remember what it was. He only knew he had not felt so good in the morning for a very long time. The Cajun rushed to close his curtains as the sunlight already started to make his sensitive eyes water with tears. At least that was something quite normal for a morning in the life of Remy LeBeau.

Trotting over to the bathroom, he took a look at himself in the mirror and all of a suddenly he remembered: Wolverine! ^Do I have a new lover now, mebbe?^ Remy's pulse rose higher reviving in his mind all that had been said and done the night before.Wolverine had kissed him softly goodnight as he left. Their encounter had ended like the first date of two innocent teenagers and that had been an exotic sensation for the young thief.

Cheerfully, Remy went through his morning routine, even singing some french tunes he hadn't been thinking of for such a long time, it surprised him he still knew the words and melodies. ^Mon Dieu, je suis fou! But this feels so right- I'm actually falling for Logan, I think.^

''Vous-êtes amoureux, Monsieur LeBeau?'' he asked his chuckling reflection in the mirror as he fixed his auburn mane. Today, he liked what he saw.

Definately. Then a long missed sound wakened Remy from his selfindulgence.

Trembling, he responded to it, like he had done so many times as an accepted member of the X-men.

''Gambit, we're having dinner tonight at the mansion. The professor wants you to join us. Make sure to be there at 8 pm.'' Scott told him in a cold voice. Saddened, the young mutant bit his lip.

''Aw, tonight is not dat good, mon ami! Remy got an appointment already-'' he lied as charming as he could manage.

''Than you might want to cancel it, Gambit. You wouldn't want to disappoint Xavier, would you?'' Remy hated the bossy way Scott spoke to him.

^It's only de professeur, de others don' like having me around anyway, I know dat!^

But he knew as well he didn't have much of a choice in that particular case. The Cajun sighed. ''D'accord, I'll try dat, Scott. Than see you tonight, j'espère!''

''See you!'' The icy voice died out.

Merde! Remy's splendid mood was ruined. He shaked with anger. ^Why do I always wanna please dem? It's so pointless, silly! Bunch of pricks, de X-men!^ He felt desperate at the thought of having to sit at one table with Rogue. ^Why's de prof so keen on torturin' Remy?^

The Cajun grabbed his shades and off he was. He needed a walk right now to calm himself. Remy tried to focus his mind only on the tender words Logan had told him last night, on the arousing feeling of kissing the older mutant. The memory of Logan's dark husky voice close to his ear, of his breath trickling Remy's skin burned like a fire in the young thiefs groin.

Soon he was absorbed in pleasant daydreams, approaching the mansion closer than he had wanted to. As if his fantasies were bound to come true, he spotted Wolverine sitting in a distance under one of the parks old oaks. Remy caught his breath. He knew meditation was a discipline Logan oftened trained his mind in, and it looked very much as if he was practicing it right now. Remy's heart pounded as he decided to walk away.

^Ah, I can' disturb him! An' who knows what he thinks 'bout last night? Mebbe better I don' find out too quickly 'bout it. Wanna dream some more. Dat mebbe better for Remy!^ The Cajun just didn't have the courage to face Wolverine. He had been ditched and abandoned too many times in his young life.

*

Through the silence absorbing his mind, Wolverine's enhanced senses let Remy's heartbeat intrude like a thunderstorm. He could smell the kids excitement, the scent of the desired body made it almost impossible for him not to get up and run after the Cajun at once. Wolverine grinned as he heard the thief sneak away from him. ^I can flamin' well tell ya were here, kiddo.

No matter how hard ya try to hide from me, we're gonna sort some things out tonight, Cajun!^ But for now, he went back on his concentration. A man should be able to be in control of his desires, that was Logan's very principle. It was rather difficult though to overcome the throbbing in his crotch Remy's mere presence had caused.

*

No way was he attending that cursed dinner tonight! Remy craved to meet Logan instead. His longing was about to win over his fear of finding Wolverine's mind utterly changed about the two of them.

At half past ten, Remy's bad conscience on missing the X-men's dinner had almost vanished. He played his fave music at high volume, indulged in the remains of his exquisite red wine and at half past eleven, he was all wrapped up in erotic fantasys about Logan: ^Hmm, mebbe Logan pays me another visit later on?^ The Cajun felt a lot more selfconfident by now. He purred
at the idea of having his lover-to-be come after him soon.

Chuckling, he drank to the X-men. ''Santé, X-pricks!'' Remy laughed as he whirled around, singing along with the music from the top of his lungs, turning the stereo on to maximum volume. As the music suddenly died out, he turned around startled.

''What the- Scott?'' The older mutant was standing in front of him, motionless.

''Keeping an open house, swamp rat? No need to lock the door, huh?'' Scott hissed at the young man.

''Is that what you call having an appointment, thief? I know you can't be trusted, but I wouldn't have thought you were as stupid to turn down the chance Xavier was so kind to offer you with his invitation.That sure beats all!''

Remy's alien eyes shot an angry glance at his unwanted visitor.

''Dat's not so, Scott! Remy's just...preparing! I'm late already, forgot 'bout the time, me!''

''Ah,ah,ah! Don't you think you can fool me, urchin!'' Scott felt himself shake with rage. Why did the Cajun upset him like that? He had not been so angry for ages.

''Non, Scott! Je suis desolé, mais as I said, I have to hurry now! Sorry for missin' de dinner!'' Remy tried to reach the door, but the older mutant blocked his way.

''I couldn't say I'm sorry that you weren't there. In fact I don't reckon anyone missed your deceitful presence really!''

The young Cajun felt cold all of a sudden. His whole body started to ache, the pain growing stronger and stronger within seconds. Remy knew all too well what that was about. Desperatly, he tried to build up the poor remains of his shields against Scott's emotions, but it was of no use. Antarctica had left its traces. Remys shields were still much too weak to keep the other man's feelings from affecting his empathy. He shivered from fear, pain and cold.

'' Remy knows well enough dat de X-men despise him. Dat's why he didn' attend de dinner really, homme!'' He tried to sound calm, but his voice already trembled a little from exhaustion. ''Can' stand to feel de hate of you all!'' The young empath moaned, as the pain cut through him even sharper.

Scott had obviously by now realized his weakness and its causes. Driven by a cruelty he had never experienced before, Scott decided to take advantage of the circumstances and put the swamp rat in his proper place for good.

Wicked pleasure contorted his face, as Remy whinced audibly. With a sudden movement, Scott stepped behind the Cajun, caught his slender wrists and secured the young man's arms behind his back. ''You will have to stand my hate now, Cajun, and I'm sure that will be hard enough for you!'' he whispered in Remy's ear.''Can you feel it, thief? Feel how much disgusted I'm by you, you rotten little creature?'' Scott held the young man close. ''Speak!''

Remy hated himself for shaking so hard. He felt so helpless, he didn't want to fight Scott, more so he didn't have the strength for fighting anymore. He couldn't believe this was really happening. All he craved was to be let alone, to escape this hell of pain running through his mind and body. Maybe if he cooperated a little, Scott would let him go?

''Oui, Remy feel dat. So sorry, me. Have to go to de appointment now. Let me go, please Scott!''

The Cajun held on to his made up excuse for dear life. Not that it impressed Scott in anyway.

''Still making a living out of your appointments, bitch?''

^Oh no, not dat turn! Please not!^

''I'll guess your john will have to wait a little tonight, Cajun!''

Remy grew pale with rage and pain. ''Stop dat! I'm not doing dat kinda stuff anymore, you know pretty well. Merde!''

Scott chuckled. The struggling kid actually had something temptating about him. He looked stunningly beautiful in his distress and even though Scott never had considered another man sexy, Remy made him indeed grow hard. Scott couldn't think clearly anylonger, his lust took over at finding how easily he could dominate over the splendid, almost androgynous creature in his arms.

''Common, once a whore, always a whore, pretty boy!'' he said inhaling the spicy scent of the kids auburn mane.

Remy trembled at feeling Scott's erection pressing against his body. He caught his breath and almost choked in panic, causing the older mutant to laugh wickedly and start nuzzling his pretty prisoners neck.

''Dieu, please Scott! Scott! What are you doin'? You're hurting me!'' The young thief stammered as Scott's hate continued to torture every single nerve in his fragile body while his passion rushed through the young empaths veines at the same time.

''Don't you worry, swamp rat. You want me to stop hurting you, my little slut? You want me to stop loathing you? Want me to be good with you again?''

Remy nodded his head frantically.

''See, you are lucky then, cause I'll give you the opportunity to make things up to me.''

Remy shivered at Scott's words. He was about to faint by now.

Scott released his iron grip and watched the broken creature sink to the floor. It was so unreal, so exciting and so erotic. He had never experienced the like.

''You're gonna serve me, boy. I'm sure you'll serve me just right. You know what to do to make a man feel good, don't you, slut?''

The alien eyes flew open. Remy looked terrified up at his tormentor.

''Scott, I ain't gonna-!''

A firm blow across his pale cheek silenced the Cajun. ''Sure as hell, you're gonna, pretty one!'' He knelt down and kissed the shaking kid, intruding Remy's lovely mouth eagerly with his tongue. He just had to. The thief drove him mad with desire.

Remy was still very weakened, but he tried to shove the older mutant away, tried to close his lips, but all was in vain.

Scott pulled away, but not until he pleased. He caught the Cajun's face in his hands, forcing the demonic orbs to make eyecontact with him. Scott indulged in the kid's beauty, even the nasty bruise his hand had left on Remy's cheek could not destroy the picture he was to see.

''Why do you fight against me? I know you're vain, slut, aren't you? Like having people admiring your looks. Like to feel them wanting your pretty body. Don't you in fact love what I do to you right now, Cajun? Giving you the chance to wrap that treachorous charm of yours all around me. Your shields are down, and I know you're enjoying yourself, empath. My pleasure is yours, isn't it so, my little bitch? That's why you are a whore, boy. You just love being one.''

Remy moaned and closed his eyes. He hated his empathy. He hated his body. Scott was right. He was getting turned on, in this miserable situation, against his wishes and couldn't help it.

Scott smiled. ''Just as I told you, kid. We will stop playing around now and put you to work instead.'' He pulled the thief up at his wrists.'' On your knees, whore! You better satisfy my needs real good, boy, than I might keep feeling friendly towards you. You don't want to experience my negative emotions towards you again, huh?''

Remy desperately tried not to cry as he obeyed and crawled on his knees in front of the older mutant. But humilated and hurt as he was, he couldn't stop the tears from running down his face.

''Aw, cute! Don't you fake tears, whore! Pretty as a woman and even using the same cheap tricks! You sure you are a man, swamp rat? Well, as you will give head to me first, we don't have to find out about that right now anyways!'' Scott's mind was blurred by lust as he unzipped his jeans and reached out to tangle his fingers in the kids reddish bangs.

But a dark voice growling at him sobered him at once.

''The moment ya touch him, y're dead, Summers! I mean it. Get out of here as fast as ya can before I'll let my claws check out whether y're a man or not!''

''Logan-'' Scott blushed. Why had he done all this? He wondered why he had craved the lean kid bend on the floor beside him so much only seconds before. Now he had to keep his head up high. ''Don't you be mistaken about the situation here, slut wanted it, made me play mindgames. He has most likely manipulated me with his cursed charm! You should know me better than that, Logan!''

Glaring at him, claws released and ready to make his threat come true,Wolverine hissed at him.

'' I know ya well enough, Summers. Now piss off!''

Scott hastily took his leave. Better not to mess with Wolverine! Hopefully, neither Jean nor Xavier would ever find out about this evenings events.

Inside the boathouse, Logan had caught the shaking Cajun in his arms and tried to soothe him. ''It's allright now, love, you're safe, kid! The bastard's gone! Ain't noone gonna hurt ya!''

The alien eyes looked at him in despair, halfway hidden behind Remy's long bangs. ''You don' believe him Logan? Remy didn' charm him, did nothing, nothing, rien, oh dieu!'' The young empath trembled with exhaustion and shock, tears trickling down his cheeks.

''Hush, Rems, don't ya even think about it! Y're not the one to blame here! Can ya stand up, love? We should put ya to bed!''

''No!'' Remy cried out. ''I'm not gonna stay here anylonger!''

He struggled to get up from the floor, but if it hadn't been for Wolverine holding him, Remy would have collapsed again.

''But kid, you're too weak right now, ya need some sleep!''

The red-on-black orbs glowed with determination. ''No, never! Remy ain't gonna stay here! Ain't noone gonna stop me, not you either, Logan!''

Wolverine was amazed at finding such willpower in such a fragile frame.

''Where do ya wanna go, Rems? I wanna come with ya! And-sorry fer insisting, but ya can't even stand on yer own feet properly right now. No good condition for escaping all alone!''

The Cajun had by now calmed down a bit.'' Uhm...I wanna leave tonight, and I'd love it, if you'd join me. So happy, me! Dat you saved me and -'' He paused.

''That I love ya kid? Ya can sure say so, fer that's a fact. And I could use a break from the X-men as well!''

''Dis not gonna be a break for Remy! I won't be going back again!''

Logan gave in. He could convince the thief maybe later on to go back to the mansion. But miserable as the conditions had been for the Cajun here ever since Antarctica, it might be for the best to take him away from the X-mens'? ''Okay, we fetch yer stuff, get ya to the jeep and off we go! Where shall we head to, kiddo?''

The Cajun sank down on the couch and closed his eyes. ''Wanna see de ocean again, cher!'' he whispered.

Wolverine stroked the young thief's hair tenderly. ''Ya wanna see the ocean, ya gonna see it, boy!'' Rotten as their situation was, Logan looked forward to the trip. Forgetting through traveling would maybe work for Remy as well as it had for himself so many times in his long life.




Part 3: Off and away

“Mais look Logan, look, all de flowers, ain't dat beautiful! And de femmes-so pretty- non, look, les hommes, comme ils sont beaux!” Remy was almost jumping around in excitement.

Wolverine tired to keep in pace with the long legged thief. ”Rems, calm the heck down, will ya?! And ya better watch yer
smile a bit, I don't like ya flirting around like that!”

The Cajun wrapped his arms around his lover and smiled at him. “Aw- I didn' know you're so jealous, cher! You're really possessive 'bout Remy, non?”

Logan couldn't help smirking. “ Ya haven't the slightest idea of how possessive I can be, kiddo!”

Remy chuckled. “Dan prove it and catch me if you can, cher!” The thief ran away as fast as he could and disappeared in the merry crowd strolling along the street.

“ Damn Cajun!” Wolverine muttered some curses and hurried to track Remy down.

The hunter inside him liked the idea of chasing that beautiful prey, but he hated being in overcrowded places. Remy seemed to be in his very element though. And hadn't Logan promised to please his young lover? He tried his best to make the Cajun forget about his late bitter experiences at the mansion and considering the playful mood the kid was in ever since they had come to town, his efforts hadn't been useless.

As following Remy's scent was impossible among all the smells overwhelming Wolverine's keen senses, the Canadian could rely only on his eyes to locate his lover. He caught a glimpse of the kid's reddish mane every now and then. He would catch the Cajun soon enough.

Remy had paused eventually, as he couldn't spot Wolverine nearby. He decided to buy some ice cream quickly. He enjoyed the sweet taste of vanilla, strawberries and pistachio.

*When have I don dis for de last time? When did I have so much fun on one single day? Logan and Remy dat's a perfect thingie!*

The Cajun almost choked on his ice cream as Logan all of a sudden put his arms around Remy's slender waist from behind. “Gotcha, redhead!What the- you're really eating, Gumbo? Are ya ill ?”

The young mutant turned around to face his lover. “Non, just so happy, me! Love it here! Reminds Remy of Mardi Gras at N'Awlins, cher!” Gazing at the people around them, Remy flashed a bright smile at a cute blond boy passing by. The boy smiled back, obviously taken in either by Remy's natural or enhanced charm-that was hard to tell.

“Hell, kiddo, what did I tell ya 'bout yer flirting?” Logan whirled the thief around to look at him again. Remy, unimpressed, licked his ice cream in a seductive manner that went straight to the Canadians cock.

“Let Remy think- ah, told me you don' appreciate. Mais je pense dat can' be helped, cher. You're like an open book for ol' Remy! Je pense que tu t'en fou de mon sourire parce que tu veux l' avoir seulement pour toi, n'est-ce pas?”

Logan sighed. The pretty Cajun was a real pain in the ass today.

“Gumbo, do ya see me carryin' a fucking baguette around with me? Ya know flamin' well I can understand a shit when you're speaking French. A bit high spirited today, aren't ya? Maybe I should drag ya back to the hotel and tie ya up in our room to bring ya to yer senses?”

Oh shit. Wolverine regretted his remark as soon as it had slipped out of his mouth. What if it reminded Remy of the things Scott had done to him? Logan didn't want to scare his sensitive lover. He doubted he could ever tell Remy about his- well- darker desires. He hated Scott even more for rendering it almost impossible to find out whether the Cajun could be interested in some games Logan himself longed for. But the kid didn't seem to suspect a deeper meaning in Logan's words. He playfully lowered his shades to give the older mutant a pleading puppy dog look.

“Non, cher, don' do that to Remy! I'll be real good now, I promise! Keep my eyes only on you, cher!”

relieved, Wolverine gave in. “Okay, kiddo! Behave yerself now, will ya? And what was that ya said in French?”

“You wanna know, huh?” Remy purred teasingly.

“Don't ya dare using yer charm on me boy!” Remy ate the last piece of his ice cone and laughed.

“Aw- so you've noticed I tried!”

“'Course I noticed. Hard not to feel that sweetish stuff of yers pouring inside me!” Remy lowered his shades again and glanced at Logan naughtily. “Na, no pun intended here, Cajun!”

Remy giggled as he hid his eyes again. “Mais non, cher! Remy translate de French for you, oui? I said I think y're crazy 'bout my smile 'cause you wanna keep it all for yourself, Logan! ”

“How very smart my boy is!Now come on kiddo, let's indulge yer childish side and mingle with the crowd!And the moment I catch ya flirting again, I'll carry ya back to the hotel over my shoulder, that's a promise!” Remy chuckled and gently took the hand the older mutant offered him.

~~~~~

Back at the mansion, Scott was restless. Jean had gone for a few days to do some research work. It seemed she hadn't found out about him and the Cajun and he was so glad about it. With his telepathic wife gone, he allowed his tormented mind to revive the disturbing scene again and again. The Cajun on his knees, crying, weak, totally at his mercy. Like a toy to be used. Scott obviously had a thing for redheads. And Remy was a beautiful creature. Scott liked what was beautiful, who didn't ? But with Jean it was something different. Her beauty he wanted to caress, to worship, to preserve. Remy's beauty was a thing he wanted to conquer, to ravish, to hurt. He had never felt like that before. It was so scary. He felt his eyes water with tears of desperation, yet nothing in the world it seemed could extinguish his new and strange desires. How the boy had trembled, how he had cried down at his feet, how that soft voice had begged for mercy, how that sweet mouth had tasted. Remy. That gorgeous swanlike creature. And now he was gone, maybe for good. Scott sighed. He knew so well it had been all wrong to force the kid against his will. Logan had prevented him from doing things to Remy he would certainly have regretted. But right now, lying stretched out on his bed alone, all Scott really regretted was not having defeated the vain little thief totally, not having fucked the hell of that broken swan when he had what seemed his one and only chance to.

~~~~~

Logan enjoyed himself more than he had expected, being dragged through the crowd by the skittish Cajun. The night sure was intoxicating, with all that heat, strange scents, noises and chatter in a language he couldn't understand. So far, he hadn't done more than kissing Remy and holding him close, but those innocence caresses were driving him nuts in rapid pace. Wolverine hadn't dared to put his hands in a more sexual way on the traumatized kid ever since they had left the mansion. Things should have gone so differently! He had intended the night of their hasty flight to be the night of their first screw. But fate once again had decided against Logan's plans. Still, it had brought him on this trip with the pretty thief and that wasn't an all together bad thing.

He was diverted from his thoughts as Remy suddenly stopped, smiling brightly at him. Desperation reached out at the Canadian as he realized what his boy was up to.

“No, really, Gumbo, don't ya even think of it!”

“Mais cher, de roller coaster is si bien, you just have to join Remy for a ride!” Logan smirked.

“No way will ya get me onto this thing, Cajun!” After all, he was Wolverine! Wolverine on a roller coaster? Where would that end up? With Wolverine eating flamin' cotton candy?!

“Oh cher, je sais... but it no fun to go for a ride alone. Remy's gonna buy some cotton candy and when I'm finished with dat, we talk about it again! You want some as well? ” There! Just as Logan had suspected. He growled at his lover. “Can it Gumbo! Go eat yer bloody cotton candy, boy!” Remy was absolutely amused. It was so easy and so much fun to drive Logan mad! The Cajun loved playing with fire, and Logan, he knew, was a literally wildfire.

Nuzzling on his pink cloud of cotton candy, Remy had grown quiet. Wolverine noticed the sudden mood change. “What's up, Rems? Growing sick of all that stuff you've been eating today? Yer becoming my greedy pig, ya kow that? ” he mocked his boy.

“Non cher. Remy just thought how bad it is havin' to wear dem silly shades all of de time!”

“Keep ya from flirting a bit. Therefore, I kinda like them!”

Remy moaned. “ Non, really! Dat's so unfair, everyone sees at once Remy a mutant if he ain't hiding his eyes. Drives me nuts!”

At that Wolverine quickly snatched away the sunglasses from the young thief's eyes and put them into his jacket. Startled, Remy immediately tried to hide his demonic eyes behind his long bangs.

“Mais Logan, give dem back to me tout de suite! Don' wanna make everyone upset. Don' wanna be called names, me!”

Wolverine put an ensuring arm around the kid's slender waist. “First one who calls my boy names, get's a date with my claws, Gumbo. I love that eyes of yers. Ya show them, if ya want to. And if the shades are making ya sick, they come off! Easy as that!”

Remy gently kissed his lover. “Merci, Logan. Remy ain't gonna wear dem now, then! How about de roller coaster now, cher?” he grinned viciously.

“Hell, maybe folks have a point in callin' ya a demon, kid! ”

Remy laughed out loud and dragged the older mutant away with him. Remy's alien eyes of course aroused some attention, but no one did more than stare at him. The young Cajun relaxed, well protected by Logan, he could let go. He was so used to always being tense, it was a relief to feel someone else take over control. Remy had been lonely all his life. He knew all to well what it felt like to be alien, not to really belong to anyone. Sure, the Cajun was a person who searched contact, who craved it. But even when he had been with others, it had only rarely sated his longing.

Absorbed in his reflections, Remy rubbed his left arm's wrist, where a long faded scare gave testimony of how desperately alone he had once felt.

Wolverine watched the young mutant retreat in his thoughts and didn't know what to make of Remy's gesture. “Hey, Gumbo, what'cha doing with yer wrist?”

The thief blushed immediately. “Ce nothin' Logan!” Hastily, he pulled his arm away, but Wolverine had already caught and examined it.

“Jesus, Rems- when did ya do that to yerself?”

Remy sighed and sat down on a bench. He pulled his knees close to his body. “When I was sixteen, cher. Stupid, I know. Regret dat very much now, me. Was a silly kid dan. Dat ugly cher, ashamed of de scar, me.” he whispered.

Logan sat down next to the gloomy kid. “There's no need to be ashamed, Rems. I'm glad ya didn't succeed. That you're here with me today. I've also wanted to die quite a few times. I craved it. But- ya know about my healing factor. No much sense fer me in wanting to kill myself.”

The thief avoided his lovers gaze.

All of a sudden, Wolverine grabbed the young man's arm and shoved him into one of the dark small alleys next to the main road. He pressed the Cajun against a wall, resting his arms on either sides of Remy's waist.

The alien eyes were big with surprise. “Logan-”

“Shhh, kiddo. Ya know what I'd like to do? I wanna make ya feel you're alive. Wanna hear ya scream fer me. Wanna make ya fly. Feel me, kiddo? Can ya feel what you've been doing to me the whole day long?”

He leaned in as close to the young mutant as possible, making Remy feel his hard on.

The thief moaned, his eyes glowing passionately in the dark surrounding them. They could hear the humming noises from the main road- laughter, voices, music and above all drums from some street musicians. Remy chuckled.

“Dat's pathetic, de music now, n'est-ce pas, cher?”

Logan slowly started kissing his young lovers throat. “Well, Rems, I can't really concentrate on the music right now. Got better things to pay attention to!” Saying so, he claimed the Cajuns lips in an eager kiss that was passionately responded.

Gasping, the thief pulled away. “What would you do to make Remy feel alive, cher?” the young mutants voice trembled with desire.

“I'd do things to ya that ya can't even imagine right now, Rems!” Logan whispered into his lover's ear.

The kids slender fingers had found their way under his shirt and were now all over Wolverine's chest and back. “Aw- what
kinda things?”

The Canadian grinned to himself at his boy's obvious eagerness on dirty talk. “I'd rock ya world, child. I'd drive ya crazy with pleasure and then I'd fuck ya till ya beg me to stop!”

Remy sighed out loud and Wolverine silenced him by parting the kid's teeth with a demanding tongue, exploring the Cajun's mouth eagerly. Feverish hands unzipped Wolverine's jeans, the young thief pulled away from their kiss, his lips trailing down Logan's throat, brushing over his chest, finding their way down his lover's body.

Wolverine moaned as the Cajun went on his knees in front of him. “Just a second, Rems, don't ya mind doing that in an alley like this?” Who knew what ghosts of the past he may had wakened for the kid?

The disturbing red-on-black eyes flashed at him. “Non cher, Remy used to dat kinda places, you know mebbe?”

Logan pulled his lover up from the ground, taking the Cajun's handsome face in his hands. For once, Wolverine didn't try to chase away the slight bitterness in Remy's words. He was too overwhelmed by his own excitement. “Y're my gorgeous street kid, Rems. Y're my pretty alley cat, aren't ya?”

Remy hold his feverish gaze and welcomed Logan's arousal rushing through his veins, eliminating all sorrow at once. There was nothing that could hurt him now. All the young empath could feel was Wolverine's lust and affection for him, mingled with his own pleasure.

“Oui Logan! Now let Remy- make you feel alive, cher!”

Wolverine gladly gave in, guiding his lover down his body, feeling the thief's clever fingers wrapping around his cock, stroking it firm and slow.

“Hell, Rems!” He hissed as the Cajun teased its leaking head with the tip of his tongue, licking away the precum. How long Remy had wanted to taste Logan like that! He enjoyed being washed over by the waves of passion he caught from Logan. It felt so good. He looked up at his lover, who had as well given himself up to the exquisite sensations, his head tossed Back, eyes shut.

Well, this was only the beginning and Remy had a lot more pleasant surprises for the Canadian. All of a sudden, he took his lover in whole, swallowing as much as he could. Wolverine groaned out loud, struggling not to come there and then. Remy relaxed his throat even more, until his lover was as deeply buried in his mouth as possible. Sweat glittered in Wolverine's face. This was the best blowjob he had ever gotten, and, well, he had gotten quite a lot. He fought against the vicious thought that in some way, Remy's past profession came in handy.

“Yeah, kiddo, ya work me good, don't ya stop it Rems, don't ya dare!” he winced as he tangled his fingers in the Cajun's soft auburn mane, pulling away from his mouth a bit only to thrust back again as deep as he could.

All thoughts of being careful with the kid were blown out of his mind, thrusting again and again and again into that sweet mouth. It was now like he had dreamed weeks ago, he felt so close to the edge watching the beautiful being kneeling in front of him, fucking that soft warm mouth, feeling the Cajun's tongue slide along the underside of his cock. It was too much. He couldn't hold back any longer and came hard with a scream. The pretty thief swallowed everything he gave him.

Trembling, Logan leaned back against the wall, watching his limp member slide from Remy's lips. The kid wiped his lips clean with the back of his hand, smiling up at him both lovingly and wicked at the same time. Wolverine dragged him up and caught the thief in his arms, kissing him eagerly. How exciting it was to taste himself on Remy's lips!

“God, alley cat, y're really gifted!”

Remy grinned at the older mutant. “So you liked it, monsieur?”

Logan chuckled. “Oui, ya French plague!Wanna do the same fer ya, Rems!”

But to his surprise, the Cajun broke free from their embrace.

“Non, cher, dat can wait. You know what Remy wanna do? Wanna go on with our little walk, cher! Mebbe you won' mind Remy flirting now- smilin' at all de strangers with de same lips dat sucked you so right. Wanna tease everyone out dere, tastin' only you!”

Wolverine felt shivers running down his spine.

“Nasty alley cat!” He led his young lover back on the main road.

“Yer wish is my command, Rems- but I'll claim what's mine soon enough!” he whispered into the pretty thief's ear.




part 4:

Remy had been plastered against Wolverine for what seemed an eternity, never growing tired of babbling and strolling along. Logan secretly cursed the Cajun's stamina. When would the kid ever get tired?

But his torments were not about to end soon, Logan realized as the young thief headed towards a massive wooden door, beautifully encircled with flowers, enthusiastically dragging his unnerved lover with him.

A muscular built security guy held the door open, gesturing them in.

Before Wolverine had the chance to tell the kid he wasn't exactly fond of the idea of challenging his healing factor to overcome suffocating in a packed club, Remy had already plunged into the mass of dancing, sweating bodies. Wolverine gritted his teeth.

“That kid certainly doesn't know how to behave himself!” he muttered as he pushed his way through the partying crowd, once again forced to chase a certain high spirited thief.

It wasn't exactly hard to find the Cajun though. As Logan couldn't see him on the dance floor, there was only one safe bet left. The club held three bars and Remy was sure to be found at one of them!

Wolverine grinned as he finally spotted the Cajun, who was talking with a pretty dark haired woman. Giggling and fluttering her long lashes, she was obviously enthralled with Remy.

Logan could tell the Cajun enjoyed the situation at full length. He felt a sudden sting of jealousy as he walked over to the bar as well. As politely as he could manage, Wolverine addressed the dark haired beauty.

“'scuse me, M'am, but I lost something and it seems y've found it!”

Looking up at the Cajun's surprised face, Logan tangled his fingers in Remy's reddish mane, pulled his head down and claimed his boy's sweet mouth with an eager kiss. Remy's tongue met his passionately and Logan knew the wicked Cajun had purposefully made him jealous. Letting the kid suck on his tongue, Wolverine swore he would get his revenge for it.

As he let go of Remy's lips, he saw the woman staring at them in shock and disbelieve. Aware of the awkward picture she must be to behold, she cleared her throat.

“Sorry- I had no idea you were gay, folks!” she snapped and off she was. Remy started laughing.

“Mon Dieu, de femme's right! Funny, Remy never thought of it dat way!” Logan smirked.

“Remy doesn't seem to think so much at all lately! Hell, kiddo what are ya up to, ya think I'm yer yo yo?”

The young thief laughed even harder.

“Ah, cher, you'd be really mad at Remy if you knew he even kissed dat femme before you showed up! Let her taste some Wolverine, eh?”

Being reminded so naughtily of the breathtaking blowjob Remy had treated him with earlier that night burned like fire in Logan's crotch. His eyes darkened with desire as he grabbed the chuckling kid's wrist.

“That's it, Cajun! I told ya what I'd do if ya don't behave yerself! I warned ya about yer flirting,didn't I?” Remy looked at him puzzled. Had he gone to far? He gave his eyes a pleading look.

At that, Wolverine squeezed the thief's tender wrist even more. Remy winced as the older mutant leaned in closer, hissing in the thief's ear over the loud music.

“Ya really know how to piss me of, kiddo! Party's over fer today! That drink yers?”

The Cajun nodded.

“Better finish it real soon, boy!” Remy held his lover's gaze. For the first time in ages, Wolverine saw something like pride flickering in the disturbing fire and coal eyes as the young mutant lifted his glass and emptied it in one quick draft.

“Now Remy's finished- so take him home s'il te plait!”

Turning on his heel, Wolverine dragged the Cajun to the exit. He never loosened his firm hold on Remy's frail wrist and even though he reminded himself not to hurt the kid really, he knew his hands were going to leave the delicate flesh bruised. But wasn't the Cajun teasing him into being - well- possessive at least, dominant at best? Wolverine loved Remy's natural pride and elegance; no whatsoever harsh situation in Remy's past had been able to deprive those virtues from his pretty thief. How hot it would be to tame such a gorgeous creature!

Wolverine felt his cock grow harder and harder as they hurried back to their hotel.

~~~~~~~

Waiting for Logan to unlock the door, Remy leaned back at the wall. He couldn't help chuckling at the oddity of their situation. But a fierce glance from Wolverine shut him up at once.

“Having fun, Cajun?” Being shoved into their room, Remy couldn't come up with anything witty. He felt like his little game of teasing the older mutant was on the edge of getting out of control.

“Cher, Remy's just been playful, thought you'd like dat, so sorry, me!” he purred as he lay down on the bed seductively. Wolverine still held his place close to the door.

“Playful alley cats might need some training, don't ya think, Rems?”

Why was the Canadian so cold with him? If this was still a game, Remy didn't enjoy it at all.

“Logan-” the thief's voice was scarcely more then a whisper.

“Remy didn't want to upset you so much! Wanna please you, cher! Only want to make you feel bien, cher! Remy thought you might enjoy playing games?”

Slowly, Logan walked up to the bed.

“I love games, alley cat. But I play them by my own rules! Take yer clothes off, kid!”

Confused, but taken in by the idea of upcoming sex, Remy rose and obeyed. The only bad thing was his empathy. Again! He received so many strong and mixed emotions from his lover, it almost made him dizzy.

There was lust, real affection, cruelty, protectiveness and possessiveness. All of them strangely intertwined. Painful memories rushed through the Cajun's mind. He grew pale.

“Hell, Rems, yer so beautiful!” Logan whispered in his ear, biting the lobe. He was leaning against the Cajun's back. He didn't dare to pull the thief any closer, afraid of coming in his pants right there and then if the friction would get too intense.

If Remy was sexy when dressed, he was boiling hot when naked.

“Mais Logan- cher- just want you to have a good time! Want me to suck you off again? I'd love to!

You're confusing poor Remy - all dose emotions- can't sort dem out, me! Tell me what to do cher!”

Wolverine turned his lover around to look at him. His desire cooled down immediately at seeing the desperate expression on Remy's far too pale face. Lovingly, he caught the trembling kid in his arms.

“Hush alley cat, hush! It's alright. Do I scare ya, kid? I told ya, whenever I do anything that spooks ya, ya just tell me to stop, remember?” Remy nodded, biting his lower lip.
“Sorry if I was too rude. I didn't mean to hurt ya in any way!” Wolverine slowly ran his fingers over the Cajun's sharp cheekbone.
“Non, cher, Remy's just a bit confused. I trust you, Logan! You would never treat me like Scott did, Remy know dat!” The last words were hardly audible. Logan's eyes darkened with anger at the mere mention of the X-men's team leader.

“I'd never thought Slim could be that fucked up!”

Remy looked at Logan miserably.

“No, it wasn't Scott's fault really. It's Remy's empathy. M' shields are still too weak to keep it in control. Gets people carried away easily!”

“But ya looked scared and hurt when I found ya, Rems! It's not yer fault if forcing ya into sex got Scott off! “

At that, Remy broke free from their embrace and rushed outside on the balcony. Wolverine followed the young mutant.

“Rems, don't run away like that! Ya should talk with me about it, I'm sure that will help ya feel better.”

Remy turned around and shot his lover an angry glance.

“Logan, you have no idea! I felt Scott getting horny and it turned me on as well! But at the same time dere was all dat hate and I felt so cold. Such a mess, cher! And-” Remy's demonic eyes started to water.

“- and – Scott was right. He could 'ave never raped me. Dat's impossible, cause I'd have enjoyed myself even though I'd have suffered at de same time. Hate myself so much for dat, me. Was the same when Remy was younger and didn' know how to control de powers I developed either. De empathy was always a curse, I came when de johns came, made people go mad about Remy!” By now, tears ran down the young mutant's face.

“Had its blessings, too. Made Remy de most popular whore of whole Bourbon Street at some point!”

Never before had Wolverine heard the Cajun's voice sound so bitter.

He reached out to touch his lover's tear stroked face, but Remy didn't allow it.

Logan had always thought his past hadn't left many kind feelings inside him. But his compassion for the suffering being in front of him, and his urge to provide some comfort were so intense they proved his theory wrong.

“Rems, I know what it feels like to hate one's abilities. Let's go back to the mansion after this trip and ask Xavier fer help! And as fer me, I don' know much about empaths really, but I like it that yer so sensitive and sensual. That's a real gift, no curse, Remy! And now listen, kiddo: If Scott had carried out what he was up too, of course it'd have been rape. Even if ya'd come five times in a row while he'd been at it! As far as I know ya never gave him permission to make out with ya, and yer empathy is no flamin` excuse fer his abuse! So will ya please stop blaming yerself and come back inside, Rems? I don't wanna share ya with the whole neighborhood!”

The crimson eyes locked with Logan's.

“Cher- when you dragged Remy away from dat club and made me undress- when you acted so cold with me- I sensed you were turned on! You're kinda into pain and obedience, Remy's right?”

Bull's-eye! Wolverine let out a sigh. There was no use in talking his way out of this.

“Well- yeah, kiddo, I am. Do I spook ya now, Rems?”

The Cajun remained silent for what seemed an eternity to Wolverine. He just stood there, wrapping his arms around his lanky body, eyes fixed on the glittering skyline of the city. Finally, Remy looked back at the Canadian, taking his rough hand into his own.

“Mais non, cher! Remy knows lotsa people like dat stuff. Not Remy, though!”

The Cajun's voice was ever so soft as he pulled his lover back into the room with him.

They both sat down on the bed, there intertwined fingers the only physical contact between them.

Wolverine cleared his throat.

“Have ya ever tried it then, Rems?”

The young thief nodded. He didn't dare to meet the older mutant's gaze; his voice sounded strangely emotionless as he spoke.

“Once, two johns made me serve dem for a few days, did all kinda things t'me. I begged dem to let me go, but dey wouldn't. Dey-dey- tied me up, gagged me, whipped me-”

Remy blushed, betraying his monotonous voice.

“- dey made me come so hard, no wonder dey thought Remy was enjoyin' de show. I guess I did in a way!”

Wolverine carefully put an arm around the younger man's shoulder.

“How old were ya when that happened?”

“Don't know- fourteen mebbe? Wanted so bad t' buy a present for a girl I was into! She despised Remy for bein' a thief, so I wanted to prove I could as well earn money and buy somethin' like all de others do. Tried to get the money de only way I knew apart from stealin'-”

Christ! Why had life been such a bitch for the kid so far? It was beyond being unfair! Logan gently squeezed his lover's hand.

“It hurt so bad I thought I'd die, cher! Dey didn't give a shit 'bout me, didn' prepare me or anythin'- could have dealt with the fucking, me, but all dose- dose- punishments as well! Couldn't fight dem! My abilities weren't fully developed then- de charging appeared later- so I just had to endure it till dey got tired of Remy. Dey didn't leave me any money neither. Had to hide from mon père afterwards- didn' want to make Jean-Luc sad!”

Wolverine caught his breath. He let go of the Cajun as if he had been burnt. And he had tried to interest the poor kid in some SM games!

“Shit, Rems, I'm sorry- ya must be disgusted by me now!”

“Non! If it's consensual, it's somethin' different- might be fun even! At least I can imagine it dat way- de empathy made me come when de johns whipped me- made me fly with every single welt dey left on my body- Remy understands it can be a turn on!”

Crestfallen, Logan knelt down in front of his young lover. Was there anything in the world the kind heart of the empath wouldn't have understanding for? He felt so sorry for all the harshness Remy had to endure in his young life.

The Cajun reached out to stroke Wolverine's thick hair.

“Don't cha be so sad, Logan! Remy wants you to be happy with him! Dis happened long ago, Remy's fine now- with you! Cher-? ” he leaned in closer to leave a gentle kiss on the older mutant's lips.

“Wanna make love to me now? I want you so badly, ever since you came to de boathouse- visiting Remy at night...”

Wolverine looked up into the beautiful crimson eyes- all he could see was trust and sincerity.

“But kiddo- do ya trust me enough? I mean- after all ya suffered- doesn't look like I'm the best person ya could choose as a lover, huh?”

“I really don't know anyone in de world I'd trust more than you!” Saying so, Remy lay down on the bed, pulling his lover on top of his naked body.

Logan gasped, overwhelmed by the Cajun's words as well as by the erotic sensation of having that beautiful body trapped beneath his own. Ever so careful, he kissed his young lover.

“Rems- I'm not the best when it comes to stayin' in control. I might get feral. It's such a shame- but maybe I'd better leave my hands of ya, kid!” Remy shot him a confused glance.

“Are you disappointed with me 'cause Remy's not into dat obedience thing? Can try dat still, cher!”

“No, kid, we won't! Don't worry about that stuff, I can think of a million other ways to enjoy myself with ya! I'm just- worried about ya!”

After all, Logan wasn't so sure if their different tastes wouldn't turn out to be a problem one day- but for now, all he wanted was that hot, shimmering flesh pressing against him without taking the kid brutally - it was so damn hard to keep the beast inside him in control! He was scared- scared to hurt his Cajun.

“Oh- you don' want Remy?”

Logan almost had to laugh at the oddity of Remy's question.

“Hell, kid, I want ya badly! Can't ya feel that?”

The red on black eyes were glowing passionately.

“Guess so! But if you want me cher, do it! Fuck me! Remy's yours, n'est-ce pas? The Wolverine should take what's his, eh?”

That was more than Logan could bear. He got rid of his clothes in record time, only to pin the Cajun down on the bed again, holding the frail wrists in place. Never before had he been so turned on and at the same time so cautious to be tender with a lover.

The Canadian hadn't been with men often during his long life; and the few times he had were mostly short and eager sexual encounters. Making love to Remy now was something completely different.

Rushing into his life, the Cajun had awakened feelings in Logan which he thought had died with Mariko a long time ago. He felt protective for the frail form beneath him, would have killed anyone who tried to harm the Cajun without the blink of an eye, but at the same time he was so damn eager to bury himself in the thief's body! Remy's alien eyes widened in pleasure as Logan's hand started exploring every inch of his body for the first time. As he kissed his way down the pale throat – not without leaving some love bites in the delicate flesh- the Cajun started purring and squirming under him. Now that was responsive!

Logan smiled to himself as he made the thief moan from softly biting one of his nipple. Remy's legs seemed to have a life of their own by now, he rubbed them eagerly over Wolverine's ass and thighs, wrapping them around his lover like some kind of giant snake. Logan groaned out loud- it was just so tempting how the boy was opening himself up to him! Finally, Remy locked his ankles behind the older mutant's waist, pulling him closer, moving to position Logan's cock at his needy entrance.

“No, kiddo, wait!” Wolverine gasped.

“Mais non, mon coeur, Remy wants y' to take him!”

The Canadian caught Remy's long legs and gently placed them back on the bed. He took the thief's beautiful face in his hands and pressed his lips against Remy's.

“You'll get what ya want soon enough, alley cat! Let's stay on the edge a bit longer, hm?”

The demonic eyes looked saddened.

“Je suis desolé, cher! Remy's not used to take so much time in making love!”

“No problem, alley cat, I'll show ya how to enjoy it all nice and slowly! I want it to be special when we do it fer the first time- no quick fuck! Wanna explore ya, wanna conquer ya, kiddo!”

Remy didn't dare to move beneath his lover. Who was he to deserve the love of such a wonderful man? He would do whatever Logan wanted! He would try to be patient, even though his cock already was so hard it almost hurt.

“Close yer eyes fer me, Rems!” Remy did as he was told. Slowly, Logan licked his way down the kid's sweating body. With a cry loud enough to waken the entire hotel, Remy arched his back as he felt his lover's lips touch the throbbing head of his cock. A clever tongue thrust gently into the slit, again and again, licking away every single drop of pre-cum. It was quite a task to keep the squirming Cajun in place. Wolverine could have listened to Remy's agonized cries all day long. The boy was a hell of a screamer and Logan didn't dare imagine what sounds Remy would make once he would be actually fucked.

Wolverine relaxed his throat and took the boy's rock hard dick as deep in his mouth as he could manage. He wasn't that experienced in giving head, and really lousy at it compared to Remy, but he hoped to please the young Cajun nevertheless. As he started to suck his lover off at a nice slow pace, Logan was rewarded with the sweetest begging sounds he had ever heard in his life- Remy's purring in that intoxicating mixture of French and English went straight to his cock.

The Cajun squirmed on the bed, clutching the sheets- he was not used to being the recipient of such favors and as hard as he tried, he didn't manage to last long. Thrusting forward in that hot mouth, he shot his seed deep down his lovers throat. Panting, Logan let the now limp member slid from his lips- he really would need some practice at giving head, but nevertheless, a look at the exhausted Cajun reassured him that he had performed well enough.

He lay down next to his lover and gently kissed Remy's temples. The alien eyes flew open.

“Oh cher- merci! Dat was so wonderful!” enthusiastically, Remy kissed the older mutant, tasting himself in Logan's mouth.

“Now you lie back cher!” Logan found himself pushed on his back, with a cat like Cajun biting and licking every inch of his skin, eagerly taking his painfully erect cock in his sweet mouth. Wolverine groaned as the thief swallowed him down full length. He watched the shimmering auburn head going down on him and knew he couldn't wait a second longer.

“Rems, stop it!” He pulled away from his lover. The Cajun looked at him startled, a bit of pre-cum glittering on his chin. It drove Logan near getting feral. How could a person look so damn fuckable?

He shoved the pretty boy down on the bed, grabbing Remy's delicate ankles. Remy's mind was hazed with lust and excitement. Seeing Logan's eyes glittering in what almost seemed a shade of orange, his heart missed some beats. Was his lover getting feral? What would happen if the Wolverine inside him would take the upper hand? Would he seriously hurt whom he considered his mate? Remy shivered, but as he opened himself up to the older mutant's feelings, waves of lust mingled with honest concern about him rushed through the empaths veins.

This wasn't the feral Wolverine. This was Logan and he cared deeply for the young Cajun! Remy sighed in relief and pleasure as he saw the naughty smile on his lover's face.

Placing Remy's legs on his shoulders, Logan caught his breath at the sensual sight his boy was to see:

Wild auburn bangs hiding his handsome face partially, lips contorted with desire, parting to purr his name, legs spreading wantonly, hips bucking up, revealing the tight opening. With a groan, he reached out to stroke Remy's once again hardened, leaking cock in a slow torturing rhythm.

“Mais oui cher, please make me y'rs now! Need y' inside me!” Remy's feverish rambling was already becoming an addiction for Wolverine, he realized as he coated his fingers with the boys pre-cum, gently placing a finger on Remy's puckered entrance.

“Is that okay, alley cat? Are ya ready for it?” Wolverine asked breathlessly.

A long ecstatic moan was his answer.

“Awww- Logan, don't tease me, cher!”

Thus encouraged, he pushed forward into Remy's hot passage. Even though the kid must had been fucked countless times despite his youth, he was still so tight that Logan's fear of hurting his lover grew even stronger. But again, Remy's reaction spoke of nothing than boundless pleasure.

“Oh cher, baise-moi, I crave you, je veux être tout à toi!” the Cajun stammered, eyes hooded with passion.
Logan carefully entered a second finger, scissoring them inside his lover's body, stretching Remy open for what was to come. The younger mutant cried out in pleasure as Wolverine established a slow, torturing rhythm in finger fucking his boy.

“My beautiful French brat!”Chuckling, Logan placed a kiss on the tip of the Cajun's nose.

“What am I gonna do with ya? The way ya scream, people will think I kill ya in here! Open those demon eyes of yers, Rems!” he murmured lovingly.

The crimson eyes flew open and Wolverine sensed Remy's lust as the Cajun's empathy reached out for him. It was the most erotic feeling Logan had ever experienced.

“Darn, kiddo, yer such a gorgeous creature! Are ya ready fer me, love?” he stammered as his hard on begged for release.

“I'm all yours cher!” Remy whispered, arching his back invitingly.

As gently as he could manage in his excitement, Logan replaced his fingers with his throbbing cock. He bit his lower lip as he tried to stay in control. He was decided to give Remy some time to adjust himself to the size of his shaft. But with a rash thrust from his hips, the young thief impaled himself on his lover's cock, almost sending Logan over the edge right there and then.

“Hell, Rems, what are ya doing?” Wolverine gasped as he watched his young lover fuck himself on his stiff member. He had always known the Cajun to be flexible, but never would he have thought to witness the whole amount of that ability in such a delicate situation.

The mere sight of Remy's frantic, the sound of his screams of pain and pleasure ragged on Logan's nerves. He had to keep the animal inside him in control, but how to do that with such a hell of a lover?

With a deep growl he drew away from the Cajun's squirming body.

“On yer hands and knees now, kid, and this time ya let me set the pace, got it?” he instructed.

Obeying, Remy displayed himself to his lover, he saw stars sparkling in his eyes as Logan made him take him in all at once.

With the empaths desire and pain washing over him, Wolverine forgot all he had intended about being gentle with Remy. He fucked his boy hard, thrusting again and again into the beautiful willing body.

His fingers left the Cajun's hips bruised as they snaked forward to caress Remy's balls and dick. Establishing a fast rhythm, Logan drove Remy into a frantic orgasm. As the boy's muscles clenched his cock tightly, Wolverine came hard, burying his seed deep inside his lover's shivering body.

“Fuck, Remy!” he yelped as he collapsed on the Cajun's back. Panting, Logan slowly withdrew from his lover. He carefully made Remy lie down on his side, immediately spooning with the young mutant.

Fatigued, he nuzzled the Cajun's salty neck.

“Oh my god, alley cat, that was amazing! Yer so sweet, so responsive – so flamin' sexy! Sorry, I just couldn't manage to be as gentle with ya as I wanted too!” he felt a little guilty for getting carried away like that.

“Dat's just fine, cher, y' don't have to be so careful wit' me- no need to be gentle wit' a slut!” Remy mumbled sleepily.

Determinately, the Canadian, rolled his lover on his back. The crimson eyes looked at him in surprise.

“Rems, I'm gonna repeat that again and again until ya get it: Yer no slut!”

Remy's face was still flushed from having sex and Wolverine thought he had never seen anything as beautiful as the boy beneath him.

“But cher, we can' erase Remy's past!” the Cajun whispered crestfallen.

Wolverine tenderly kissed his lover.

“The past is gone, Remy. I'm interested in today. And fer now, I'm in love, exhausted after the greatest fuck I ever had, and glad to hold ya close! Ya kinda were my virgin tonight, ya now that, alley cat?”

Remy chuckled, even though his eyes had filled with tears. Logan's love for him was so pure, so selfless- he silently thanked his empathy for letting him experience its full amount.

“A very willin' virgin, den, cher!” he teased.

Wolverine laughed as he shifted his position, so that Remy could rest his head against his broad chest.

As he playfully tugged at the thick hair covering Logan's muscular abdomen, Remy's eyes started to sparkle mischievously.

“Cher, you left Remy some marks to remind me of whom I belong to, eh?”

“Sorry, kiddo- got a bit carried away... some of the bruises look kinda nasty, do they hurt?” Logan let his eyes wander over the Cajun's body, secretly scolding himself for his ecstatic bites.

Remy smiled against his lover's chest.

“Dey hurt only a bit, cher. But it's a nice feeling -wearing your marks!”

“I'll buy some ointment fer ya tomorrow, alley cat!” Wolverine promised guiltily.

“Mmm- mebbe next time, Remy'll mark you as well?” The Cajun lifted his head up to catch his lover's gaze.

“I'd like ya to, Gumbo- but they wouldn't last long on my skin - healing factor, remember?” Logan smirked at the young thief. As Remy's dexterous fingers found their way between his legs, Logan moaned in pleasure. He was getting hard again already!

“Woah, cher? Dat's also due to your healing factor?”

“Ya can count on it boy!” The older mutant hissed as he tangled his fingers in the Cajun's auburn mane.

“Dieu, dat will be quite a challenge for your alley cat, cher!” Remy purred seductively.

“Na, kiddo, ya gonna sleep now. We're going to the ocean tomorrow, right? We'll have plenty of time to test my healing factor there, what' cha think, alley cat?”

“Love you, cher!” Remy sounded already half asleep.

Logan smiled and placed a kiss on Remy's head.

“Love ya too, Rems!”




Part 5

I've been out walking
I don't do too much talking these days
These days
These days I seem to think a lot
About the things that I forgot to do
And all the times I had the chance to

I stop my rambling
I don't do too much gambling these days
These days
These days I seem to think about
How all the changes came about my ways
(...)

I had a lover
I don't think I'll risk another these days
These days
(...)

I stop my dreaming
I won't do too much scheming these days
These days
These days I sit in corner stores and count the time in quarter tones to ten
Please don't confront me with my failures
I have not forgotten them

Nico: Chelsea Girl, These days (Jackson Brown)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan woke up with a big smile on his face and a sleeping Cajun sprawled possessively against his body.

He carefully freed himself from Remy's embrace and chuckling put a pillow in the kid's arms.

Remy looked incredibly young and vulnerable and Logan could have looked at his lover like that for ages.

But being no 24/7 person at all, he felt it would be a good thing to get up, have a walk all by himself and buy the ointment he wanted to get for Remy's bruises.

He would have to learn to be a bit more careful with the kid - or Remy would have to get used to wearing his marks.

The mere thought of it turned his blood into fire.

His. Finally, the boy belonged to him entirely and that was an exquisite feeling.

Remy sighed in his sleep as Wolverine brushed his lips over his lover's throat. He considered waking the kid up with caresses, leading them both into passionate love making again, but decided to deny himself the pleasure until later.

Staying on the edge was too delightful a torment to miss.

Trying not to disturb the sleeping boy any further, Logan got dressed in a haste and disappeared as silently as he could into the dawn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A tight grip on his wrist. A heated body pressing against him, shivering with want. Eyes glittering dangerously, a tongue thrusting into his mouth, his heart pounding heavily in his chest, ready to burst with delight as he was stretched and impaled on his lovers hot pulsing shaft. Filled. Taken.

Loved.

Remy rocked his hips back and force with sleepy abandon. But why couldn't he find a body responding to his needs?

In utter disappointment, the young thief's hands stroked the sheets that still radiated some of his lover's heat.

“Cher?” red on black eyes opened lazily, blinking when the warm morning sunlight hit the sensitive irises.

No answer.

*Where did he go? Mon Dieu, what do I do if he left me? Non, please, don' let me down like dat, cher*

Chiding himself for the sudden pang of fear that made his pulse rise, Remy tried to calm down. Why would his lover leave him behind for no reason at all? That just wasn't like Wolverine. But could he really count on it? How many times before had he been forsaken just like that, after a passionate night, without getting any explanation? He sighed and curled himself up into a ball on Logan's side of the bed.

*Don't be such a chicken, LeBeau, he'll be right back, c'est certain!*

But then, Remy's blood froze in his veins. On the nightstand lay a small bunch of banknotes. With shaking hands he reached out to examine them. Forty dollars. Remy's cheeks blushed with anger and humiliation. How could he have been so damn stupid to trust Wolverine? After all, the Canadian was just another one of the X-men, people who obviously hated Remy, who had left him to die in Antarctica and shunned him ever since his return.

Everything made perfect sense in the Cajun's eyes. Probably the X-men had some kind of bet on, 'how fast do you get to fuck the thief ?' or something like that. Wolverine had used him for a good fuck and a better laugh with the rest of the team.

Tears ran down the young thief's face as he rose and got dressed. No way was he going to stay here any longer. He didn't want to look into Logan's sneering face when he came back.

Remy packed his few belongings in his bag and took a last look at the money Logan had apparently designed as a payment for last nights joy. How degrading and hurtful it was to be considered nothing more than a cheap whore by the person that meant the world to him! Remy wiped his eyes and ashamed of the way his heart ached he flew the place that had been like heaven for him mere hours ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wolverine couldn't have the slightest idea of what was going on with his lover as he strolled along the market which had finally opened, delighting in the exotic scents and sounds teasing his keen senses.

After buying some ointment, a delicate necklace, for sale among other jewelery, caught his attention. It was made mainly out of seashells and just a few beads. Shimmering like moonlight and beautiful in it's plainness, Logan bought it at once. He was pleased with the thought of how well it would suit the Cajun, underlining his sensitive mind and contrasting the fiery spirit that was Remy.

Logan hoped his boy would like the gift. As he wanted to get some spiced tea as well, the Canadian realized he had forgotten most of his money in their room. He didn't mind though, it would be nice to return with the Cajun and see the boy marvel at the exotic goods and watch him discuss and fight with the dealers like he had done yesterday - it seemed to be build in the boy's system always to make a deal that held most advantages for him. Logan grinned at his musings as he walked back to their hotel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remy muttered the meanest curses he could come up with as the cash machine refused to spit out his card again. Why did all the shit always happen at once?

Even worse, the intense sunlight was bugging him to no end, as his shades were still in Logan's jacket. Remy did his best to arrange his long bangs over his eyes. The Cajun didn't have a clue where to go to now and heartbroken as he was, he didn't really care what would happen with him. All casually, he snatched some sunglasses away from a store's outside display.

He might not have practiced for some time, but stealing was an ability Remy would never lose. Pleased at the thought Remy next got himself some coke.

Well, if life had thrown him back on the streets once more, he would take the challenge! The young thief was in his very element, holding on to the comforting thought that the man he was today would get ahead much easier than the weak street urchin he used to be.

He spend the whole day wandering through the streets, grabbing something to drink here, some cigarettes there. For the evening, he was absolutely planning on picking a wallet and going out. If anyone knew how to chase away gloom and despair, than it was Remy LeBeau! The Cajun tried his best not to think about Logan.

At some point he realized he had entered one of the most rundown quarters of the city, hustlers, pimps and dealers everywhere he looked- just like in one of his nightmares, where he was again and again forced to sell his body to strangers. Remy fought for calmness. He would just walk on by, due to his foreign looks, people considered him more of a customer than anything else.

Dealing with the female whores was hard enough, but as he saw more and more boys hanging around on the sidewalk, Remy increased his pace. He didn't want to have anything to do with them! His hands started to shake badly as he noticed one of the boys was walking right up to him, blocking his way.

The kid looked at him with an expression designed to be seductive, but Remy easily recognized it as the fake it was. The boy couldn't be much older than eleven but from the way the sweat glittered on his face and his pupils were dilated Remy was almost certain the young hustler was doing drugs.

“Hey, Mister, wanna have a good time? Fifty bucks and I'm all yours!” the boy had caught his arm.

Harder than intended, Remy shoved him away. The whole situation made his stomach turn.

“Woah, wait, Mister, we can change the price! How 'bout thirty?” The broken English and the pleading eyes reminded Remy of himself at that age, desperately trying to please men he despised with all his heart in order to survive.

Rendered compassionate by his memories, the Cajun tried to be friendly with the kid, but his voice still sounded cold.

“Non, petit, I'm not interested!”

“Twenty then?”

The boy kept running along next to him. Unnerved, Remy caught the skinny kid and pressed him against a wall.

“Listen, petit, I don' wanna buy you! I'd give y' money if I had some!”

The boy sensed his kindness and encouraged, he pushed forward.

“I know, Sir, you a nice man! You a cute man! Why not give it a try? I'm sure you have some money left, if you only search your pockets, don't you? I'm really worth it, I promise!”

Remy's face contorted. He was about to hit the poor kid. Instead, he released his grip on him and ran away as fast as he could, followed by the hustler's curses. He didn't have to understand his native tongue to tell the boy was calling him everything bad he could come up with.

There was his past, back with a vengeance, striking him right in the face! Tears ran down Remy's cheeks. He had escaped all that long time ago. He didn't want it back! Yes, yes, yes, he could survive on the streets. After all, he was the prince of the thieves! He could turn a trick. He wouldn't be on the bottom end of the food chain any longer.

But wouldn't he betray everything he had fought so hard if he returned on the streets now?

And even worse, betray the love and trust of his father, whom he knew had been proud as Remy joined the X-men to lead a better life then he would ever come to know?

Betray – Logan's feelings for him?

No! Those couldn't be considered love. The Canadian had hurt him too badly.

Or had he misjudged the whole situation maybe? He felt so confused!

One thing was for sure: With losing Logan, Remy had lost his last connection to the X-men as well.

There was no way back.

Miserably, Remy watched the ships entering and leaving the harbor. If only he could leave with one of them!

If only his thoughts would stop spinning around like that, if he could escape a haunting past, a torturing present and only look forward into the future.

But he couldn't. Once again he was trapped in the mess that was his life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan was desperate. He hated to admit it, but it was senseless to search the Cajun any longer. The city was simply too big. Wolverine had checked out every single place they had been to yesterday, hoping to see Remy like some ghost of past joy, after he had found their room empty and Remy gone.

Now, he would have to give up. Tired and exhausted, he walked to the harbor.

His fingers tightly grabbed the seashell necklace he'd bought for Remy and tears rushed to his eyes.

Staring out at the sea, he found no use in fighting them anymore.

Wolverine hadn't cried in ages. It was not that he tried to pretend toughness; he just had experienced so many sad things in his life that he had reached a point where tears didn't come easy any longer.

Yet now, over losing a messed up, skinny kid, Logan found his ability to cry coming back to him.

All of a sudden, he caught a glimpse of auburn hair disappearing right behind a corner.

He didn't believe his eyes. It just couldn't be! But he ran after the phantom as fast as he could, clinging to this final hope.

His heart felt like bursting in relief at really recognizing the Cajun from behind.

Without hesitating a second, Logan sped up his pace and reaching the thief, he caught him in an iron embrace. Shocked, Remy fought the older man's hold on him. Cursing and struggling, he finally managed to turn around and stared into the Canadians face in disbelief.

Remy had never seen Wolverine crying before and the state the older mutant was in made his heart miss some beats.

*It's all my fault! I should 'ave talked wit' him instead of running away- but I was too much of a coward! I hurt him badly! Mais- didn't he hurt me as well?*

His empathy picked up Logan's pain and Remy didn't know what to believe any longer.

“Christ, Remy! I'm so glad I found ya, kid! Ya scared the shit out of me, ya know that? Why did ya leave me, love? Never ever do that again!” Logan stammered without loosening his grip on the Cajun.

“Let me go, Logan!”

Wolverine couldn't believe his ears. Why did the his lover hiss at him like that? He tried to pull the squirming kid closer. “Rems, I thought I'd never see ya again in my life! I searched ya all day! Why are ya angry with me? What did I do wrong?”

Remy could feel Logan's sadness, relief and confusion rushing through him, his body started shaking from the intensity of the other man's emotions. “How dare y' ask me what y've done wrong, homme? How dare y' even toucher moi?”

“Damn it, I ain't gonna let ya run away from me again. Ya gonna tell me what I did to make ya go crazy like that! I deserve an answer, boy!”

Remy flinched again in the older mutants arms. “You tricked Remy, you had your fun! Now let go!”

“Tricked ya, kid? Where does that come from? I went away this morning to buy some ointment fer ya, while ya were still asleep. Didn't want to wake ya. It took some time as most stores were still closed- same fer the market we passed by the day before, remember that one? I bought some stuff, realized I ran outta money and went back to the hotel to find our room empty and you gone. Then I started looking fer ya - that is my version of what happened today, kiddo! Maybe ya tell me yers?”

The crimson eyes locked with Wolverine's. Remy knew Logan was telling the truth.

“You- you left money on de nightstand- I- I misunderstood- thought y' payed me for letting you fuck me. I- merde, it looked so much like it, Logan!” Remy stammered, trembling in the older mutant's arms.

As if he had burned himself, Logan took his hands off the Cajun.

“Damn it, kid! I can't believe ya came up with that sick idea. Ain't I trustworthy enough fer ya?Ya know what, Rems? We don't stand a chance if ya can't trust me at all!”

Remy saw the infinite hurt in Wolverine's eyes. All his empathy picked up from the man was a world of pain. “You're ditchin' Remy, cher?” he asked in a tiny voice.

“Don't know how to work that one out, Rems! Better I don't bother ya again! It might surprise ya, Remy, but there are still people on this planet who enjoy making love and do it plainly out of pleasure! What would it be like if we remain lovers? Can't I even give ya a present if I wanna? Would ya always feel payed fer ya love or whatever it is yer feeling towards me?” Wolverine's voice sounded bitter and he avoided the Cajun's gaze.

“Logan, look at me please? I'm sorry I overreacted- but – after all dat happened in my life- after bein' left on de ice- I don' trust easily. I just can'!”

Now it was the Cajun's turn to start crying. Ashamed, he bit his lower lip.

“Don' wanna lose you cher!”

Wolverine let out a big sigh and carefully ran a finger over the thief's cheeks. Angry as he was, he couldn't stand it to see his lover so badly shaken. He wouldn't give up. Not yet.

But Logan really didn't see a way to be together with someone who obviously was a complete stranger to the concept of a relationship based on real affection.

In a much more tender way than before, he addressed the shivering Cajun. “Kiddo! I know ya were hurt in the past. And I know as well I can't heal past wounds. But believe me: I wish I could! I 'd take every task to be yer lover! If ya would only let me. But ya don't. Ya fight me. So ya see, Rems: It ain't me who's dumping ya, you're dumping me instead!”

The alien eyes grew big. “Non, non, I don' want to do dat! Tell me what I should do, cher!”

“No, damn it! Ya can decide fer yerself! Yer a grown up man, Cajun, even though ya often give me the idea yer still a flamin' teen!”

Remy carefully reached out for the older mutant's hand. He was more than relieved as Logan accepted his caress. “I don't wanna run away no more, cher. I will learn to trust you, Logan! You still love Remy?”

“Shit, Gumbo! If I didn't love ya that much, I would have beaten the hell out of ya the moment I found ya!”

Laughing in relief, they caught each other in a tight embrace. Wolverine buried his nose in the thief's soft reddish mane. How he had missed that scent!

“Rems, I've got two questions fer ya. Wanna hear 'em?”

Remy stood back a bit to meet his lover's gaze. “Mais oui, cher!”

“First- close yer eyes and open yer hand.”

Excited, Remy obeyed. He felt- seashells?!

“Okay, have a look!”

Remy marveled at the frail necklace Wolverine had bought for him that morning. It was so plain and nevertheless beautiful- He loved it at once!

“Well, kiddo, I wanna know if ya'd like to wear that necklace as a symbol fer our love. And as long as ya wear it, it shall remind ya off what I feel fer ya- shall tell ya each day you're no whore, no traitor, but the person I love. What do ya think about that, Rems?”

Remy couldn't help his eyes watering again. Overwhelmed, he passionately kissed his lover. “Oh cher! Dat's de most special thing I ever got in my life! I 'll love t' wear it!”

Wolverine smiled and gently put the necklace in it's rightful place as Remy lowered his head.

“Merci,mon coeur! Mais Logan, what is de second question?”

Lifting the Cajun's chin up with one finger, Wolverine locked his eyes with crimson ones. “Were ya serious when ya said ya only let me fuck ya last night? Didn't ya enjoy it like I did? Did it because ya wanted to?”

Remy blushed. “Aw, cher, y' know de truth, don' you? Liked it a lot, me! Y' a great lover, Logan!”

“I do what I can alley cat!” Wolverine smirked. “So what about blowing this joint and heading to the ocean right now? Can't
wait to be alone wit' ya – making sure you're so spend ya won't even think about running away again!” He softly brushed his fingertips over the Cajun's groin.

“Dat sounds just fine t' me, cher!” Remy purred as Logan walked him away from the harbor.


END PART 5