TITLE: "PASSION"

AUTHOR: Alison M. DOBELL

FANDOM: "Highlander"/"Wolf Lake"

PAIRING: Duncan MacLeod/Tyler Creed series. Tyler/Ruby.

RATING: NC-17

STATUS: New.

ARCHIVE: Yes. Just let me know where.

FEEDBACK: Welcomed

EMAIL: AlisonMDobell@aol.com

SERIES/SEQUEL: SEQUEL to "HEAT"

WEBSITE: http://www.carlajane.50megs.com/Ali00.html

SUMMARY: "Ruby makes her move on Tyler and he is spellbound. Joe tries to talk sense into Duncan."

The usual disclaimers apply. No infringement of copyright is intended.

 

"PASSION"

A "Highlander"/"Wolf Lake" story

Written by Alison M. DOBELL

His paws ate up the ground beneath him. The sharp bite of cold air revitalised him. Made him feel so vibrant and alive. He was halfway between Sherman's place and his own when something caught his eye just as her scent reached him. He slowed to a lope then stopped, spellbound. The white wolf framed against the sky, the Moon turning the tips of her hair silver. His breath caught in his throat at her beauty, lust racing through his loins. Ruby. She watched him intently but instead of turning and running away she descended from the small hillock and approached him directly. She took her time. Sniffed around him, her head nudging his shoulder as he turned to keep eye to eye contact. Reading her mind more clearly when they were both in their natural wolf form. Things were so much easier as a wolf. Instinct was your watchward not some superstitious nonsense. She bit his shoulder playfully and nudged him again. He pretended to fight her, danicng on light paws, his mouth open not closing on her throat, his eyes flecked with amber, salivating at the thought of mating with her. She was roused and it was driving him crazy with desire. He wanted her, would have her if it killed him. Ruby knew. Was pleased. Suddenly flipped back into human form. Tyler blinked at the speed of her transformation, his wolven form slow to follow. His eyes telling her he was trying to fathom out what she really wanted.

"Ruby...?"

She did not smile but neither did she move away or warn him off. He was wary of her. Not out of fear but confusion. For months she had been avoiding him, trying to get away, to ignore her nature by running from his. As tied as they were to each other by the pack she refused to accept that they were promised to each other. Had even planned to kill him, the knife beneath her pillow ready to be christened with his blood. He had been so crazy for her then. So incensed that she could love John Kanin so much and dispise him so completely. What had changed? She sensed his confusion, drank it into her senses and moved closer. He did not dare to move not wanting to frighten her off. She was in heat, her body calling out for his and his responding. Love was for others not for them yet she had his heart whether she knew it or not. He would have to be careful. He had come so close to losing everything because of his insane jealously. His rage driving him beyond reason. Letting the dark side of his feral nature determine his actions in human form. He had been foolish. Unwise in the extreme. Ready to kill an innocent man to consolidate a union she had cursed from the outset.

Ruby was close enough to touch, neither of them self conscious about their naked forms. She drew a finger down his cheek watching his mouth open. At last she smiled, a curve that drew its' bow deep inside him and made him ache even more for her. "Do you want me, Tyler?" She whispered. Her hand sliding down his face, stroking his neck and tracing a line of fire down his

chest and abdomen. She fingered the scar left by Martin LeBoer's sword, questions in her eyes that she knew he would never answer. The seal was still a little tender but he did not flinch even when she licked and sucked the closed wound as if urging it to give up his secrets. She trailed her

tongue along its' length, touched gently the little scars that decorated his upper torso like shrapnel.

"Playing games Ruby?" He asked softly.

His response seemed to amuse her. She knew he wanted her. Had *always* wanted her. He slept around so why shouldn't she? But then she had met John Kanin and for an idyllic time had dreamt of freedom from the constraining passions of Wolf Lake. She raised her head and kissed his cheek, nipping his ear lobe so gently as she sidled up against him. He hissed in a breath but was otherwise silent gently framing her body in his arms. She arched a brow. Always he had been the silky taunting voice of her doom. The fate she fought so hard to outrun. Her hand slid down to hold him, pausing for a moment as she looked deep into his eyes. A burden of truth surfacing that needed to be spoken while they still had the vocal chords to acknowledge the

mating of human need with that of the wolf.

"I want you, Tyler. I want you now."

He shivered at the lust in her voice. His heart, his soul, exhulted. One step from paradise. "Yes, my lady."

She smiled at the courtesy like honey on his tongue. His tongue. She licked her lips and then licked his, parting his mouth so she could kiss him deep and slow, her tongue stroking his as she slowly massaged his penis into a rod of steel. He growled as she increased the arousal between them. He was on the verge of flipping, she could tell. But she did not want that. She wanted something much different. Something that would be much harder for him. "Tyler, how much control do you have?"

His eyes glittered dark with passion. She saw the need in him, felt his strength coiled in his gut, his fecund seed gathering in his testicles to fill her in an act of lust and passion. She wanted it, wanted it all, but first she wanted to mark him in a most unique way. She would never tell him

that she knew about Duncan. That was her secret and her strength. Watching them make love had taught her things about his body that she could use to bind or betray him. But right now betrayal was the last thing on her mind. She wanted to play rough with him but for him to be compliant. To let her dominate him. Just this once. She pulled back from the kiss and was warmed in the golden glow of his radiant eyes. The heat coming off him exciting her.

"What do you have in mind?"

"I want you to make love to me in human form."

He smiled. Not so hard after all. What had he been worrying about? She smiled back, knowing he did not have a clue. Ruby sucked his bottom lip. Paused then waited for his answer. He nodded slowly, only just managing to hold his lust in check. "Okay, Ruby."

She kissed him again then drew back to hold him in her gaze, her touch on his penis so light but expert, the brush of her thumb across the slit making his eyes narrow and his breath hush out in longer and longer breaths that bespoke a control she could only envy. "And there's one more thing, Tyler."

His eyes were almost shut but some instinct kept him alert to every word. "What else?"

She leaned forward as if to whisper in his ear, bit the lobe and slid her tongue down the channel as her other hand slid under him to squeeze his balls. A low feral growl rumbled through him. She washed his ear as he trembled then kissed his cheek and nipped along his jaw, her eyes locking on his again, her lips drawing back to form words. "I want you to make love to me while I flip."

The shock on his face made her wonder if she had gone too far too soon. Knew it was a dangerous thing to do. Not for her but for him. He would be vulnerable. "And if I do?"

She rubbed her cheek against his beard, the sensation reminding her of his winter coat. So erotic for her, a rising tension between his loins for him. "If you do this then I will mate with you. Stay with you."

His eyes widened in surprise. Was she serious? She hated him. He had chased her, imprisoned her, shown every dark side of his nature to her and here she was making a proposition to be his if he would grant her this one concession. Of course it could be a trick. She could be intending to kill him. It would be so easy with him in his human form in the throes of passion and her in the form of a wolf. A sickening realisation tore the fantasy of choice from him. He controlled his breathing carefully, aching so much for her, so hard he was beginning to leak. Her thumb skating across the lubricated head making him shiver. Her touch pushing the shivers deeper. No place left to hide. Little tremors of want and excitement running through him. He was so close to flipping. "Yes, Ruby. I will give myself to you in human form."

A shudder of pleasure ran through her. She had not expected him to acquiesse so easily. "I could kill you." She warned.

"Yes," He paused. His expression deadly serious but something surfacing that stole the breath from her lungs. A tenderness that made her suddenly want to cry. To feel shame for wanting to do this to him despite all the pain and fear he had engendered in her. "I know." Another pause. He kissed her gently, small kisses that fell like warm flakes of snow on her cool face, lips that described a passion she had only formerly glimpsed through glass. Stolen moments. Never hers. And misted at that.

"You would do this for me?" She asked in a small voice. A voice tinged with awe.

He smiled. Truly. From the heart. "All I want is to love you, Ruby. To take you for my wife. To lie with you and raise cubs with you."

"I may be barren." She joked.

The hurt in his eyes was so deep it made her want to apologise for teasing him. Tyler truly was the product of the pack. All its' worst aspects but also its' best. Funnily enough she was beginning to understand him, and with understanding came the loss of fear. This was dangerous. This was swimming out of your depth. This was taking a step into a wider room. One unpopulated by familiarity. Finally leaving the comfort of childhood behind for once and for all. He breathed into her mouth and kissed her, his words uttered between kisses, as fragmentary as his ability to draw an even breath. "Where....do you....want....to make.....love?"

She bit him hard holding him tightly in her embrace as she growled back at him, too close to losing it to be completely human any longer. "Here, Tyler. Now!"

He felt the fur pierce through the skin on her back, but slowly. He was so excited and she wanted him inside when she changed, it became the most important thing. He lowered them to their knees upon the ground, the cold wet snow making him shudder and exciting her further. She kissed him long and deep, the last time they would kiss mouth to mouth until the mating was over. "Ruby, I need.... I need to turn you."

She nodded, understood, but first she wanted take him in her mouth and savour his come on her lips before drawing back and turning to position herself for him to to take her doggy fashion. It was not the way he wanted to do it but if it pleased her then he would do just that. He played with her for a minute or two, making sure she was moist enough, not wanting to hurt her and find himself damaged for life. Then he lined himself up, her hands encouraging him as her growl grew deeper, her fur thickening as he gripped her thighs and slid into her moist depths. Ruby arched her back and relaxed against his cock, welcoming him in with an intensity that had him sliding in as deep as he could, his hips beginning the slow deep rock she craved. Her fur became coarser, he clung to her coat, her legs braced apart. As he rocked she pushed herself hard against him to force him deeper. He began to increase his speed, his own excitement an unnbearable agony of control, not wanting to come and leave her unsated. Then without warning she flexed her interior muscles around him and all his breath huffed out to cloud the cold night air. His warmth turned to ice crycsals where his breath had been. It hurt, her muscles a band of steel gripping his cock so fiercely it brought tears to his eyes, yet she had him so excited, so close to coming he could not stop pumping into her, his grip on her thighs tightening but not hurting her in the slightest. She flexed her muscles around him making him cry out in pain. Caught between the human world and that of the wolf his passion claimed him. She could not help herself and continued to massage him with her muscles until she forced him to a hard shattering orgasm. Over in minutes he forced himself not to move until he was sure all the seed had been safetly buried deep inside her.

He drew back carefully, letting his penis soften before daring to extricate himself. He was sore. There was blood on him. His not hers. She turned and bared her teeth at him as he sank to his knees. Her yellow eyes bored into his. She could see he was in pain, nudged him with her head.

Keeping her wolven form while she watched him. He closed his eyes a moment. She nudged him again and he opened them to see what she wanted. Still she had not run. Neither had she killed him. Yet. Ruby pushed against his chest, gentle paws knocking him on to his back. She stood over him and he lay completely still. This was it. The moment of truth. She could rip his

throat out now and it would all be over. She looked into his eyes a moment then lowered her head and began to wash the blood off his cock with her tongue. He cried out in pain, tried to mute the sound he was making. Ruby ignored him and kept going, making sure she washed him clean and could see how badly he was hurt. Her rough rasping tongue growing gentle as he whimpered in agony, eyes closed, body shuddering at her touch. No word of complaint passing his lips as tears leaked from closed eyes. Then she lay beside him and put her great head on his chest. For a moment he just lay there as his penis throbbed in agony, the pain slowly easing but not going

away. She was still stunned that he had let her have her way.

As his breath returned he risked putting his arms around her. Held the wolf close to his heart. Seconds later she flipped back into her human form, looked at his tear stained face. He was amazed to see answering tears rolling down her cheeks. His pain momentarily forgotten as he touched her tears. "What's the matter, Ruby?"

"I hurt you."

His heart lurched unexpectedly. Ached so deeply. She was worried about him. Concerned even. It was more than he could ever have hoped for. She saw the love in his eyes. A look he had shielded from her for so long, fearing to offer up his Achilles Heel. To expose his throat even

metaphorically. He kissed her gently, a look of wonder in his eyes. "I love you so much, Ruby."

She smiled and got up, reaching out a hand to help him to his feet. Her smile was smug as his fingers laced through hers. Knitted together as if they were meant to be joined for life. "I know." She said softly. A look in her eyes he could not yet fathom.

* * * * *

Luke Cates could not help it. He felt like a caged animal. Trapped in the diner by the weather and his own insecurities. Wanting to hurry Sophia but needing to woo her not scare her away. It was a delicate balancing act especially with the Sheriff's daughter's own emerging need to take *the journey*. Experience her first change. He saw her every day. Had seen how her eyes would flick up under her lashes and watch him as he lounged with his friends by the pool table. Knew she could feel the heat too. Wished she trusted him enough to let him show her that there was nothing to be afraid of in accepting her true nature. Sure, the first time was scary but he would help her. *If* she would let him. Presley draped her arms around him. He did not push her away but neither did he take his eyes off Sophia. He needed her to read the sub-text. Know that if she wanted it to happen, it would happen. She looked away. Her feelings a mess of emotional debris in the wake of emerging hormones.

The eye contact broken, Luke turned his head and let Presley kiss him. Between his attempts to get closer to Sophia and keep his distance from Tyler Creed, he felt like he was walking a tight rope. The days ticking away slowly since his father's death making his own future less and less secure. If Tyler became the next alpha leader of the pack he had no doubt that something terminal would happen to him. No matter what assurances Tyler had given his father. He thought again of Sophia. Wished they had the chance to get to know each other properly, to take the time to fall in love and mate but in the pack there were so many variables. Sometimes a moment lost was an opportunity that would never come again. He who hesitates was not always

lost. Sometimes he was lost and buried. As restless as he was, Luke sensed the time for action was not now. Sean nudged him after missing the next red. His look telling him to get his life back in focus. With a soft grunt he picked up his cue and lined up his next shot.

* * * * *

If anything it seemed to be marginally warmer outside by the time Tyler got home. If Duncan was surprised to see the woman wrapped round his arm he was too polite to show it. He smiled at Tyler and graciously included Ruby in the warmth of his welcome. "I wondered what had happened to you."

Tyler smiled. He looked so happy and relaxed even if he did move with less than his normal grace. He seemed stiff. "Mac, I want you to meet Ruby, my fiance. Ruby, this is my good friend Duncan MacLeod."

She flashed him a brilliant smile, something in her eyes vaguely unsettling him. "I thought I knew all Tyler's friends." She said sweetly.

"I only came for a short visit." Said Duncan smoothly.

He exchanged a slight smile with Tyler. Ruby watched the two of them interact with interest. Their looks and silent exchanges oddly intimate though neither of them put a foot out of place or moved close enough to touch. Both perfect gentlemen. Best behaviour. Tyler sniffed the air

appreciatively, a huge smile breaking out on his face. "You've been cooking."

Duncan laughed. "If I didn't we'd starve."

Duncan suggested they freshen up while he laid the table. Ruby raised her eyebrows and watched the handsome Scot disappear in the direction of the kitchen. She turned her head and smiled at Tyler, her lips brushing his in a kiss which lingered before she spoke. "Now that's what I call a good friend."

Her words distracted him. "What?"

"I'll withold judgement until I've tasted his cooking."

"You don't like Mac?"

"I don't know *Mac*."

She brushed a hand down the front of his trousers and he paled slightly. Her kiss deepened on his lips reviving him a little. Excited to know he was still in pain.

"Does it hurt, love?" She whispered softly.

He took a careful breath and masked the pain. "A little but it's nothing."

She knew he was lying but it did not matter. Things were progressing nicely and in a direction she had not anticipated. Maybe Wolf Lake would not turn out to be so dull after all? Once they had eaten Duncan informed Tyler he needed to go into town. There was no need of course and Tyler suspected he was simply being polite so that he could have some time alone with Ruby. He did not make any of the obvious comments but nodded quietly. Duncan told Ruby it was a pleasure to finally meet her then with a nod and a smile he left. Ruby put her arms around Tyler and bit his chin playfully. "He didn't have to make it so obvious."

"Make what obvious?"

"That he was leaving us so we could be alone."

He smiled at her. Tired but happier than he had been in a long time. He was daring to hope that things really could work out. "Then we shouldn't waste a minute of it."

She raised her eyebrows. "I thought you were sore?"

"I am but I'm not brain dead."

She chuckled and steered him over to the fire. A sheepskin rug lay by the fire. Warm and inviting and an amusing centrepiece to her wolven side. "Ruby?"

"Yes, Tyler?"

He hesitated. She began to undo his shirt slowly. "Let me pleasure you tonight."

"Pleasure me?"

"Yes." He felt awkward. Knew he was bleeding again. He could feel a thin trickle of blood running down his leg. Wanted to get under the shower and clean up only he thought he would be too sore for that. A careful clean up with a flannel and some towels then. A little antiseptic cream might not go amiss either. He healed quicker than a human but it would still take several hours. He did not think he would be able to keep an erection with being so tender. In a day or so it would be a different story.

She cupped a hand against his cheek. "Whatever you want Tyler." She said in a low silky voice then kissed him. He lost all contact with the ground beneath his feet. Ruby. *His* Ruby at last. He was so relieved and overjoyed that she had come back. Not simply to Wolf Lake but to him. He knew Duncan would be leaving soon. Had seen it in his friend's eyes. And though he would miss him every second of his life, having Ruby would be the only anchor he would need. He would give her cubs. Dozens and dozens of them. She saw the smile on his face, the distant look in his eyes and was captivated. "Why are you smiling?"

He looked into her eyes then, pausing before answering. "I was just thinking how much I love you. How I want to give you dozens and dozens of cubs."

She laughed and shook her head. "I want to have children too but dozens? Let's take this a day at a time, alright Tyler?"

"Alright. A day at a time it is."

* * * * *

The knock on the door was soft with a distinct pattern of raps. He would know that knock anywhere. Joe Dawson got up awkwardly and put a dressing gown on then crossed to the door. As he opened it Duncan MacLeod walked in. He said nothing until the door was closed then locked behind him. Joe frowned. "What brings you here so late? Trouble?"

"On the contrary."

"Then why are you frowning?"

Duncan stopped in his tracks and thought about it. He *was* frowning. Come to think of it he was close to being upset but did not know why. "Ruby came back. She's with him now."

"Ruby?"

"His fiance."

Joe nodded to himself. For a few moments neither spoke.

"We have to go soon, Mac."

He nodded. "I know, and you're right. It's just..."

"You don't want to leave him." Finished Joe gently.

"It's not that it's just..." He broke off, took a deep breath and looked deep into Joe's eyes. "I know you're not allowed to interfere and this is Tyler's life. I should not be thinking of interfering."

"Then why are you?"

"It's Ruby."

Joe hid the flicker of worry and decided to put the kettle on. "Tell me what happened and don't leave anything out."

"Nothing happened. Or rather. Nothing happened that I know about."

"Then what's the problem? You said it yourself, it's his fiance. You're just feeling a little jealous that's all."

He shook his head. Thoughtful and concerned. "No Joe, it's more than that. I can't put my finger on it but I don't trust Ruby."

Joe looked at him for a long moment. "You can't live his life for him, Mac."

"I don't want to. I just feel he's making a mistake."

"*His* mistake, Mac." Joe paused. His voice soft but quietly firm. "He has to be allowed to make his own mistakes. Just like you."

"I know but it's hard... I care about him, Joe. He's my friend and although I know he's nuts about her I don't get that feeling from her. She's too calculating. Too manipulative."

"Isn't that how people see your friend Tyler?"

Duncan flashed him an injured look. Joe made a *sorry* face back at him.

"Just saying what I've been hearing." He paused. "As unpleasant as it may be to hear this, maybe Tyler and Ruby deserve each other."

* * * * *

END