TITLE: "HEAT"

AUTHOR: Alison M. DOBELL

FANDOM: "Wolf Lake/Highlander"

PAIRING: Duncan MacLeod/Tyler Creed

RATING: NC-17. M/M. *SLASH*

STATUS: New.

ARCHIVE: Yes. Just let me know where.

FEEDBACK: Welcomed

EMAIL: AlisonMDobell@aol.com

SERIES/SEQUEL: SEQUEL to "TIES".

WEBSITE: http://www.carlajane.50megs.com/Ali00.html

SUMMARY: "Tyler and Duncan make love not knowing they have an audience. Sherman drops more hints but Tyler does not trust him. Vivien grows suspicious."

The usual disclaimers apply. No infringement of copyright is intended.

 

"HEAT"

A "Highlander"/"Wolf Lake" story

Written by Alison M. DOBELL

Neither of them were aware of the face at the window. Flattened to allow a single eye to peer through the only gap in the curtain. Her mouth fell open in shocked surprise, watching in disbelief as the stranger held Tyler in position. She watched him kick Tyler's legs apart, position his arms out to brace him against the worktop, head back, eyes closed, breathing ragged. She watched Tyler being slowly caressed and fondled, the man plying his neck and ear with gentle languid kisses. A lover's touch. Nipping him with his teeth while rubbing himself up against his backside. His right hand stroking Tyler's crotch then undoing the buttons on his trousers. A nudge, an order she could not hear, then the man eased back and watched as Tyler turned and slid out of his clothes. The stranger unable to stop touching him, drawing sensitive fingers down newly exposed skin, stealing kisses and having difficulty holding his hunger in check. The stranger stripped quickly then they shared a kiss so deep and erotic that she caught her breath. This was no rape then but a willing act. Their tenderness towards each other bespoke of love yet she had never seen the stanger before. Who was he? How long had it been going on? In the closed community of Wolf Lake she should have been shocked that it could happen at all but she was more curious than offended. Jealous of their intimacy in a way that surprised her. She was stunned. Duncan was laughing gently into Tyler's face, kissing him, touching him, moments of tender affection that held her in thrall. Then he spun Tyler back to face the work surface and arranged him into the position he wanted, a hand sliding round his waist to hold and stroke him. She wished she could hear the words being whispered in Tyler's ear and fantasised about what he would say in response.

Seeing the young alpha male so compliant was new to her. A side of him she would never have imagined existed. Ruby could not take her eyes off them, the desire to flip into her wolf form growing stronger as she watched Duncan MacLeod make slow passionate love to the man she was being manipulated into marrying. Seeing Tyler displayed in such heat was doing weird things to her libedo. Parts of their love making looked painful but that only served to rouse the wolf in her, pulling at her lupine appetites and sharpening her desire. The intensity of the men's emotions was a revelation to her. A living, breathing, pulsing aphrodesiac to her own primal senses. Turning her on and making her wish she could somehow be a part of it. What was wrong with her? She did not even like Tyler but seeing him caught in the throes of such lust, such passion, was something she had never seen or imagined before. That it could be so beautiful, so erotic, was making her blood run hot. She loosened the waistband of her slacks and slid a hand down between her legs. As she watched their passion build she dipped her fingers in her moist heat and began to play with herself, imagining that she was sandwiched between the two of them as they made love. Moisture pooled around her fingertips, delicious feelings of rising excitement making her hot breath steam up the glass on the window pane. She used her free hand to rub it clear enough to see, bringing herself to an unexpectedly hard orgasm only seconds behind the men.

Ruby leant her forehead against the glass and gasped. Tried to steady herself down again and regain a normal heartbeat. Her eyes turning yellow, her skin prickling with the need to change. She held her human form with difficulty, was shocked at herself for getting off on this but was more aroused by what she had seen than she would ever admit to a living soul. How had Tyler managed to prevent himself from flipping? He was stronger in will than she had thought. Able to hold himself in the throes of such passion was a remarkable thing. Something she longed to exploit for her own gratification. One day. Her thoughts no longer surprised her. She wiped her wet hand in the snow at her feet to clean it off. Hoping the cold and the snow would take away the smell of her scent, dilute the almond essence of her aroused sex upon the icy breath of winter. The temptation to stay and watch as the men cleaned each other off with their tongues and mouths was very strong but already she was out of control. She needed to flip, and needed to do it now. She did not have Tyler's control.

Quietly she slipped back into the forest and chose a suitable spot. Disrobing quickly in the cold air. It had stopped snowing by the time she finally gave in to her nature. The fierce rapidity of the change forcing a sharp gasp of almost painful delight as the coarse hair burst up through her

naked skin, her mouth opening as the jaw elongated and teeth sharpened into daggers of bone. She was still aroused, now in heat. Her restless paws ate up the frozen miles beneath her as she ran. Legs pumping in an effort to outrun her pounding heart, to work off the need for sex before it could become her undoing. She wanted to lie with Tyler and be rammed as rough and ruthlessly as possible. Paradoxically she also wanted to see that tender side of him. To have his eyes look on her with the same passion and warmth he held for the stranger. She lengthened her stride, searching now not just for a release of her pent up energy and desire but for exhaustion to quiet the throbbing heat aching to be filled.

She loved John Kanin but right now. For the first time in memory. She desired and needed Tyler Creed. She could not let him know what she had witnessed but neither would she ever be able to wipe those images out of her mind. Just thinking about it made her drip with want and need. She growled and turned. Heading deeper and deeper into the forest, a huge wide circle that would bring her unerringly back to the place where she had started.

* * * * *

Morning came with harsh shadows of fractured light. Tyler rolled on to his right side to find Duncan watching him. The man lay like some Greek God, a veritable Adonis. He smiled and trailed a light finger down Tyler's face, ran his fingers through the short ruff of his beard, his eyes serious and contemplative. So many deep emotions conjoined in the curve of his smile. Duncan gently rolled him on to his back and loomed over him, keeping a little space between them so he could look down at the body on display before him. The covers draped back so his hands could feast on everything his eyes could see, his mind adorning the images with all the senses at his command. He bent his head and brushed his lips against Tyler's, his tongue teasing the lips apart so slowly, so gently that Tyler was mesmerised. Tasting him on his lips as his hands began to explore. Such tenderness and grace combined with strength and control. Nothing about Duncan was ill-aspected. He felt Tyler sigh softly as he kissed him.

"What is it?"

"I feel as if I'm dreaming, Mac."

Duncan kissed his eyelids and stroked his face, his right leg rubbing gently up and down between Tyler's legs. "Good dream?"

Tyler moaned into Duncan's mouth, getting so aroused and trying not to rush his partner. To have the strength and endurance to wait him out but Duncan was so damned accomplished and the last thing he wanted to do was lose control and flip. Last night had been so intense. And now here was Duncan stoking the fire again. He decided to take the iniative, rolling so quickly that before Duncan could blink their roles were reversed. Tyler saw the surprise and amusement in the Highlander's eyes and began to kiss, lick and tease him, his hands so gifted and assured. His touch drawing feelings out of Duncan that dragged his soul with it.

"Aaah, Ty, that's so.....damn...beautiful."

His partner did not reply, his mouth and tongue were busy nipping, sucking and lathing every inch of him, working down his body so slowly as his hands massaged and caressed him. Stroking him into an erection that pumped in hot pulses of vibrant need as his hand glided the foreskin up and down so beautifully. The pressure, the touch, drawing sensations out of him that tightened his gut.

"Bloody hell, Ty, you're good at this."

Still no reply. Duncan ran his fingers gently through Tyler's hair, not wanting to interrupt him as he reached his cock, his tongue washing over his sensitive tip making him tremble. He closed his eyes and tried to hold himself back, to let the sweet torment take its' own course. He had not been done this sweetly in many years. It was as if Tyler could read his body and anticipate what he needed and wanted before he could. It was so damn erotic. Just lying there and being passive was probably the hardest thing he had done in a long time. Now he was sliding in and out of Tyler's mouth, the suction and pressure making his hips rock in time though his partner would pause and wait for him to still again every time he started to get too excited. A groan leaked out of his throat, deep and filling with a growing need. Tyler slid a hand beneath his buttocks, began to caress him with a finger moistened to provide a little lubrication. He did not try to force entry, just caressing the opening, each little feather light caress in time to the suction on his cock.

"Christ Ty, I can't hang on much longer."

Tyler mumbled something incoherent but did not speed up. Instead he slid his mouth off him and began to play with the head, licking his tongue slowly back and forth across the slit, now sliding his hand down to caress his balls. Duncan groaned a little louder this time. Tyler squeezed gently until he began to leak. Lathing the come on a couple of fingers he took him in his mouth again and slid his first finger against his opening, increasing his suction on him every time he lightly pressed, the pressure on his opening getting harder the more Duncan raised his hips to drive his cock further into Tyler's mouth. With Duncan almost fucking himself, Tyler brought him to an incredibly slow and erotic orgasm. When he came he was amazed how diligently Tyler kept working on him. His touch growing lighter, slower. Bringing him back down to Earth so sweetly he wanted to cry for the pleasure of it. Rarely had he ever known another man so gentle, patient, and loving. When Tyler finished, Duncan was silent for a few seconds. Laying back, eyes closed. Tyler smiled and rubbed his beard gently against the insides of Duncan's thighs, working his way slowly back up his body, kissing and caressing him all the way back to his mouth. His eyes opened in wonder at the treasure he had found. A bright glitter of deep affection warming the windows to his soul. Emotions carved in stone to last eternity.

"Oh Ty,"

"What Mac?"

They kissed. Tyler sucking his tongue as he stroked Duncan's abdomen then playfully mouthed his jaw and nipped his earlobe. He slid his tongue inside the shell of Duncan's ear, his hands now playing across his nipples, his tongue swirling slowly into his ear canal as he lathed and puffed into his ear making Duncan catch his breath and shiver. Duncan stroked his hands over Tyler's backside and round his waist, sliding down to hold him and begin to caress him in earnest. Tyler shuddered and tried to move back out of the handhold. Duncan was having none of it. He used his other hand to slide him in closer, trapping his legs with his own, locking heels and sucking and chewing on his whiskers as he licked and kissed the face beneath. He could taste himself on Tyler's lips, was feeling horny all over again. Did not think he would ever satisfy his craving for him. Tyler tried to wriggle out of his embrace and he frowned slightly. "What is it?"

"It's late Mac. Almost 9am."

"And?"

"I need to change."

Duncan pulled away just enough to see Tyler's face. He noticed his breathing was getting laboured, his eyes a beautiful shade of yellow. No amber flecks. Yet. He had the absurd desire to hold him and rouse him hard and fast just to see him flip in the throes of passion. But that would hardly be fair and Tyler had warned him if that happened he would hurt him. As impossible as it seemed to the Highlander he trusted Tyler and would do nothing to force him beyond the limits he had set. As much as it might frustrate him he did not want to upset his friend. He loosened his arms and reluctantly released him. The look of loss on his face made Tyler chuckle. He kissed him lightly then rolled off the bed. He did not bother to get dressed but blew Duncan a kiss then padded off to the back door. Duncan lay there for a moment and listened to him unlock the door and let himself out. He sighed, grinned, then got up. Time to shower and dress. By the time Tyler returned he would have rustled up a cooked breakfast and some coffee. After that he intended to go into town and see Joe.

* * * * *

Sherman Blackstone sat in the comfortable padded armchair - head back, eyes closed. The soothing classical music sweeping through him and calming his senses on every level. A look of bliss on his face. He lay there for a couple of hours, happy and content to think about nothing. To let his thoughts ebb and flow to the orchestral lulls and crescendos. Yesterday it had been Vivaldi. The Four Seasons. Today it was Shostokovich. His eyes snapped open, the music muted in his head as he listened. Someone approached. He waited until the knock came on the door. Half irritated and half pleased. He got up and went to answer it, not surprised to see Tyler

Creed on the doorstep. He tilted his crumpled face with deadpan humour. "Shouldn't you be wearing clothes?"

Tyler shivered and Sherman was tempted to leave him out on the porch for the simple joy of watching him try to combat the cold with his thin human skin. Ah, but you could not always have the things you wanted. He sighed and stood back to let him come in. Tyler shook his head and flecks of snow flew out of his hair and melted before they touched the ground. "I went for a run."

"Obviously."

They walked soundlessly into the main room. The old man muted the music then headed for the huge log fire. Tyler smiled with appreciation then gave him a serious look. "How do you feel?"

"Warm. Dry." He paused. "Clothed."

Tyler made a not very amused face at him and Sherman felt his spirits lift a little. "I meant your wound."

"I know what you meant."

"And?"

"Why the sudden concern? You never cared before."

"You never took a knife for me before."

He lifted his head. "Ah."

Tyler made no comment. He had no intention of having *that* conversation again. "Do you need anything?"

"Peace. Quiet. A good sexy bitch who can go all night." He paused a moment. "Nah, forget the peace and quiet."

He gave a little smile and Tyler smiled back. For all the old man's oddness and flashes of detatched spite he had a weird soft spot for him. It only surfaced now and again because to show your true feelings to another wolf was like rolling over on your back and exposing your throat. No way was he going to do that. "I wanted to ask you something."

The old man nodded as if he had been expecting this. Tyler took his time to find the right words.

"You warned me not to look back. I want to know why. Does it have anything to do with me marrying Ruby?"

Sherman shrugged. "I told you, you'll trip over your own feet."

"And Ruby?"

"Tyler, the girl doesn't even like you."

"What does that have to do with the survival of the pack?"

"Cubs, Tyler. Cubs. If she doesn't like you she won't mate with you." He leaned forward a little. "No cubs." A pause. "Is that plain enough for you?"

"You don't know that."

"Then why is she still hiding from you?"

His words struck deep. Tyler tried to hide how much they hurt. Clung to the boiled shell he often hid behind when he was playing thug. Sherman shook his head at his expression.

"Stop it." He said quietly.

"What?"

"Stop hiding, Little Wolf. You want to come into your own, be the next leader of the pack."

"I am the next leader of the pack."

Another shrug. Heavier this time. Like a man washing his hands. "If you say so. Now, if you'll excuse me I have a date with Shostokovich."

Tyler hesitated. Sherman raised his eyebrows and waited. The look on his face saying *Are you still here?* Tyler ignored the look. "You knew my father."

"A good friend."

"And Willard?"

"Another friend. The best a man could have."

"What about a wolf?"

Silence.

"Was he the best wolven friend you could have?"

The old man stared at him as if he was not there. It lasted just longer than a heartbeat then he snapped out of it. "Shostokovich."

Tyler bit back a sigh of frustration. For a moment he thought he was close to getting answers out of the old man. He did not press him further, inwardly admitting defeat. Burying an absurd sense of disappointment where no one would ever find it. There were so many things he still did not

understand including his past. So few people he could trust himself to ask. The time was not right. He nodded, his expression closed. "I'll let myself out."

Sherman raised a hand to his retreating back. A smile on his face that did not reach his sad eyes. "Thanks for calling." The words sounded mocking even to his own ears. After Tyler Creed had gone he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. His happy mood had vanished. Shostokovich was no longer up to the job of calming his soul. He sighed and changed the CD.

* * * * *

Vivien Cates stopped by the Sheriff's Office. John Kanin looked up from his desk, his bored sulky expression vanishing at the interruption. He was doing paperwork and right now any interruption was a good excuse to escape the mind numbing boredom of routine Police work. "Can I help you?"

She looked around. The front office was empty. "I was looking for the Sheriff."

Just then Sheriff Matt Donner came in from a back room, two cups of coffee in his hands. He nodded to Vivien, passed one cup to Kanin and took a sip from the other. "Vi. What can I do for you?"

She sidled up to him, took his coffee from his hand and turned the mug to take a slow leisurely sip from the same spot where his lips had touched the rim. Her eyes locked on his, telling him exactly what she wanted. It made Kanin feel a little uncomfortable watching her display her desire so obviously but neither Vivien or Matt seemed the slightest bit embarrassed. This was obviously a dance to which both parties knew the steps blindfolded. He wondered idly how many times she had offered herself to Matt and how many times he had refused her. "I feel like going for a walk, Matt."

He took another sip from his coffee. Watching her over the rim. Assessing carefully. All his actions around Vivien Cates were measured. "I have a lot of paperwork, Vi."

Kanin smiled and lifted a sheaf of papers off his desk. "You mean *I* do."

The Sheriff gave him a stern look, as if the man had broken ranks and thus broken an elemental rule. But John Kanin observed few rules. How he had survived with his badge intact was a mystery to Matt. He looked at Vivien to see her face break into a triumphant smile. She took his coffee off him and put it on the nearest desk. "Good, then you can accompany me."

"I..."

Something in her eyes made him change what he was about to say.

"I would love to."

Her eyes shone with approval and Kanin watched the two of them leave. He stared at the closed door for a few seconds. Then shook his head and looked down at the mound of paperwork he was slowly wading through. With a deep sigh he got back to work.

Once outside Vivien linked arms with Matt. He waited. Knowing she would tell him what was on her mind in her own good time. They walked through the snow. It was crisper than yesterday, the cold night air freezing the top of the snow drifts. Soon this would turn to slush, a muddy murky nuisance instead of dazzling white candyfloss rimmed with frost. He found himself being led towards the graveyard. Once on that oddly hallowed ground she told him what was on her mind. "I want to know what you found out about Tyler's new friend."

"Duncan MacLeod?"

She nodded.

"He's no threat to us, Vi."

"How do you know? If he's with Tyler we have to know the connection. What he's doing here. What he's up to."

"Who says he's up to anything?" A pause. "I like him."

He saw the irritation swiftly form in her eyes. Interesting. She was afraid of Duncan MacLeod.

"You did check up on him?"

Matt nodded. "Of course. He runs some sort of martial arts club."

Her eyebrows rose. Surprised. "Martial arts? What's he doing here?"

"Visiting a friend?"

She glared at him this time. Not funny. She was as serious as a heart attack.

"Would you like to tell me what your real interest is in MacLeod?"

"I can't put my finger on it. He's.... different."

"Well, he's not one of us that's for sure."

"No, *different*. I could sense it. It was like being round another alpha male."

He looked at her and nodded slowly. So that was it. Suddenly she changed tack.

"What about the other one?"

"The old man? Joe Dawson?"

She nodded. He shrugged. "Says he'll move on as soon as his truck is fixed."

"Do you believe him?"

He felt a touch of exasperation. "Vi, sometimes people do just stop on their way through Wolf Lake."

Her lips pursed together, her eyes suspicious. "Sometimes is too much of a coincidence, Matt. I want a close eye kept on them both."

"MacLeod's been staying with Tyler. If we try surveillance on his place Tyler will know about it. This could all come crashing down on our heads, Vi. Dawson will be easy enough to keep an eye on but for now let's not crowd Tyler. We may find out more by wanting less."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He smiled. "Patience."

She loved his smile. Her hand traced the curve of his lips. She knew instinctively that they would be so good together but as soon as they began to get close she would feel him withdrawing, mentally and physically. It was like an open wound between them. She looked at him through the tilt of her eyelashes. "Is that what I need for you, Matt? Patience?"

This time he did not smile nor did he move away when she closed in to kiss him.

* * * * *

END