Title: Misunderstanding

by Wgang

Disclaimers: Without A Trace does not belong to me. This is for fun only, I make no money.

Summary: Martin overhears a conversation that upsets him. It causes him to question his place on the team.

Authors Note: This is a spoiler for the whole season. Thanks to Christiane for the idea. I took it and ran.

Sequel/Series: None this is a stand-alone

Feedback: Wgang16@aol.com

Misunderstanding
by Wgang

Martin Fitzgerald was devastated. The hurtful words he had overheard kept ringing in his ears. No matter how much he drank he kept hearing the words and the laughter over and over in his head. Then Jack had called and well damn if he could figure out why Jack had called him. Things were starting to get a little muddled.

Was it just a couple of hours ago that he found out his so called teammates and friends thought he was just a joke, it seemed like it was just a few minutes ago.

TWO HOURS AGO

Martin was in a great mood. The case had been solved successfully; the little boy was safe and sound back home with his parents. He felt the team was finally cohesive and he belonged with them. Jack had actually complimented him in front of everyone. It made him feel real good; Jack wasn’t one to pass out a lot of compliments. The boss figured it was your job and he expected his team to perform flawlessly.

As Martin came around the corner he heard Samantha laughing. He smiled; she sure sounded like she was in a good mood. Maybe they could all get together after work and have a drink, celebrate the end of a successful case.

Martin saw the meeting room door was slightly open, he reached out to open in and froze when he heard his friends talking.

"The look on his face was so funny, Jack. He really thought you were complimenting him," Sam laughed.

"Yeah, boss, I mean talk about dense. You’ve made it pretty clear in the past that you have no respect for him," Danny chimed in.

"Now listen, just because Fitz is an idiot doesn’t mean we can’t get along with him. We’re saddled with him so we have to make the best of it. His father got him the job and the rest of us just have to suffer with his presence. I’m just glad I don’t work closely with him everyday," Jack replied.

While he didn’t approve of gossip he felt that there were times his team needed to let off some steam and this was one of those times. He just wished he knew where the kid of the team was.

"Jack, I don’t like to cast aspersions on people, but he is a real loser. Look how many cases he had messed up. It won’t be long before he makes a big mistake and it won’t look good for the bureau," Viv said. She was very serious.

"Just drop it, discussion over…and where the hell is the rookie?" Jack snapped. He was stressed out over the confrontation earlier with Fitzsimmons an agent on another FBI team. The guy had almost cost a little boy his life. Thankfully, Martin had been there and saved the day. The boy was really coming into his own. Jack had let Fitzsimmons have it and the guy was so stupid he thought the sarcasm directed at him were actual compliments.

The four people in the room looked up as their fifth member entered. They were immediately concerned as Martin looked a little pale and refused to meet their eyes.

"You okay, partner?" Danny asked his forehead crinkling in concern. Martin seemed fine awhile ago when they finished up the paperwork.

"Yeah, I’m fine…actually Jack if its okay with you I’d like to go home a little early," Martin asked.

Anxiety and worry prevailed in the conference room. Martin had not met any of their eyes as he talked. What the hell was wrong?

"Sure, Martin. Ah…you feel okay? Seem a little pale," Jack said not liking the pallor on the face of his youngest agent.

"Just a little tired, have a bit of a headache. See you tomorrow," Martin hurriedly said as he backed out of the room.

Before he could shut the door, Viv was there. The mother in her was coming out. She reached up and lay her hand gently on Martins forehead.

The older woman became concerned when Martin flinched away from her. He had never done that before. In fact he was very tolerant when it came to her need sometimes to mother him.

"No fever…Viv…just…well see you tomorrow," Martin said in a rush. He shut the door quietly as he left.

"I sure hope he’s not coming down with that flu that’s going around. It’s real nasty stuff," Sam noted. Beside Martin was notorious for not taking the best care of himself. In her opinion he pushed himself way too hard. He was so anxious to please and be accepted on his own merits. It was hard for him to get out of his fathers long shadow.

"I’ll check in on him later," Danny said. Danny felt his protective instincts surge to the front. He cared about his whole team, they were all friends, but Martin was special.

If Danny knew that Martin was leaving a resignation notice on the boss’s desk he would be really upset.

 

ONE HOUR AGO

Jack wandered into his office after meeting with his team minus one sick Martin Fitzgerald.

Sitting down at his desk, he leaned back and rubbed his eyes, sighing deeply.

Just a few more hours then he could go home. Home, to that cold empty apartment he hated. Maybe he did need to get out more and meet someone. Better yet try to make it work out with his wife.

Glancing down he picked up an envelope with his name written on it. Opening it he felt the blood drain from his face.

Hurrying to the door he yelled for his team to get in there now.

Jack sat back down at his desk. When they were all seated and the office door shut Jack picked up the letter.

"What’s up, boss?" Danny asked. He was worried. It was not like Jack to yell for all of them unless it was an emergency.

"This is from Martin, he has given his two weeks notice, he plans on transferring to another department," Jack said. The older man raised his hand for silence as the three people sitting in front of his desk all started talking at once.

"Let me read you his letter, then we need to figure out what the hell is going on in that boys head. Something or someone upset him and we need to figure it out or we’re going to lose a hell of an agent."

Jack cleared his throat and began:

Please consider this letter notification of my intention to transfer to another office. I am planning on relocating to the West Coast and wanted to give you at least a months notice.

I have enjoyed working for your team and learned a lot from the others. I hope to have the opportunity to work with you in future endeavors.

Jack looked up from the letter to gauge his team’s reactions.

"Martin is real upset about something, that letter doesn’t even sound like him," Danny responded his brow wrinkling as he tried to figure out what had his partner spooked.

"No, Martin never talks that way. So stilted and formal," Sam agreed.

Jack looked at Viv. The older lady had not said a word. It was obvious she was deep in thought. No one was surprised when Viv had taken to Martin. She had kinda put him under her wing and when he started to make a misstep would nudge him back on the right track. Viv had confided to Jack that Martin reminded her of her kid brother who was on duty in Iraq.

As Jack opened his mouth, Viv looked up, her eyes wide as she wondered if she had found the key.

"Martin was fine all day, but he was noticeably shook when he entered the conference room. What were we talking about?" Viv looked at the others.

Jack replied, "We were talking about Fitz…Fitzsimmons…shit you don’t think…"

"Yes, I do. I think Martin overheard us and thought we were talking about him. We even brought up Fitz’s father getting him the job. You know how sensitive Martin is about his dad."

"But we don’t call Martin Fitz," Samantha argued. She was upset at the thought that Martin was still insecure about his place with the team and that he thought they still did not accept him.

Danny hung his head and shut his eyes.

"I called him that a couple of times at the beginning of our partnership. He said he didn’t care for it so I stopped. Told him I would have to come up with anther nickname for him," Danny said. It was obvious he was very upset at the thought that Martin was leaving because he thought they did not want him.

Hell, Danny thought, it was just the opposite. He wanted his partner, wanted Martin bad and not just as a teammate. He had desired the younger man for quite sometime. It was no secret that he liked to swing both ways, he just wasn’t sure how Martin would feel another man approached him, especially if that man was his partner. Besides Danny wasn’t out for a one-nighter, he wanted a long time relationship?

Jack sighed, the situation just sucked.

"Okay, the best bet is to talk to him and get it all out in the open. I think Viv is right. I talked to him not ten minutes before he walked into that room and he was fine."

"We need to talk to him one at a time. If we do it all together he might feel we were ganging up on him," Viv suggested.

"I agree, I certainly wouldn’t want a bunch of people in my face at the same time," Samantha said.

"Now we need to figure out where he went?’ Jack said. He picked up the phone to try Martins cell phone number.

"Martin…Martin…where are you. This is Jack, kid…you know your boss. Martin where the hell are you…MARTIN where…"

Jack hung the phone. The look on his face was priceless. It was a combination of shock, irritation and amusement.

"The missing one just hung up on me. He hung up on me after mumbling a few things that I could not understand which is probably a good thing. The boy is drunk. Since he doesn’t do a lot of drinking I highly doubt that he will be at work tomorrow and I worry about where he is right now. He is definitely not home. It was too noisy; he must be a bar. Any ideas?"

Danny laughed a little sadly.

"Yeah, I think I know where he is. There’s a little bar just a block from his apartment. He loves it. The older couple who own it dote on him. He does little odd jobs for them; told me they remind him of his grandparents. Martins not big on crowds especially when he’s by himself."

The other three raised their eyebrows and glanced at each other. Now that was interesting. None of them had figured out that Martin didn’t care for crowds. Danny must be REAL observant when it came to his younger partner.

"Danny, why don’t you go on over and get him home. That way we won’t worry he’s out somewhere getting into trouble. I think if we all go to his apartment at separate times tomorrow, the fact that’s he’s in his own home will make him feel secure. We all clear the air, sound good?" Jack looked around and seeing everyone on the same page dismissed them.

Danny was the last one to leave Jacks office. His boss’s voice caused him to pause.

"Take care of him, Danny. Don’t push him into something he’s not ready for."

"Don’t worry, Jack. I wouldn’t hurt him for anything. I’ll take real good care of him."

CURRENT TIME

Danny strode into the little bar looking around for his wayward partner. He found him in the back booth. Thankfully there were only a handful of people in the bar, it was still early evening.

Lillian one of the owners smiled at him from behind the bar, Andrew her husband was waiting on a couple of customers.

Danny walked over and got a beer.

"How long had my boy been in here," Danny asked.

"A couple of hours. Came in looking like he lost his best friend. Refuses to tell us what the problem is. He’s on his sixth beer. That’s three more than he usually drinks in a whole evening," Lillian said her worried eyes seldom leaving the hunched over figure in the darkness of the back booth.

"Glad to see you Danny. Been worried about the kid. Won’t talk to us. Just tells us not worry," Andrew said coming up behind his wife.

"Well, now I’ll tell you. Don’t worry about him. I’m going to get him home and all tucked in bed. There was a misunderstanding at work and it’ll all be worked out after tomorrow. I promise," Danny smiled as he reassured the older couple.

Seeing their worry ease just a bit, Danny headed towards the back booth.

Danny slid into the booth across from the upset man. He sat there for several minutes before his presence registered with the inebriated man.

Danny reached over and put his fingers under Martins chin. Gently pushing up, he raised the downcast head.

He caught his breath at the look of desolation on his partner’s gorgeous face.

Martins blue eyes were glazed with the booze, but they were so sad and lost, Danny wanted to angrily break something.

"Hey, partner. How about I get you home and tucked into bed. Have a feeling you are going to feel like shit come tomorrow," the older man said smiling as Martins eyes crinkled up. It was obvious he was trying to follow along with what Danny was saying and finding it difficult.

Martin jerked his chin out of Danny gentle grasp.

Swallowing, Martin blinked his eyes. When Danny finally came into focus Martin put his feelings in two words.

"Fuck off," he snarled. Drinking down the last of his beer, Martin raised his hand for another round.

He failed to see his friend shaking his head no at the bartender. Turning around Martin was trying to see why it was taking so long to get served.

The world tilted as he turned to quickly. Suddenly there were strong hands holding onto him urging him to his feet.

"Come on boy, time to go home."

The cold air hit the drunken man in the face. His mind cleared for just a few seconds.

Danny had a grip on him around his waist. Starting to pull away, the young agent decided that he enjoyed the feeling of a strong warm arm around him.

It had been to long since he had the luxury of another man touching him. Besides it was Danny, his partner…someone he had desired for quite some time. At least until today.

Martin started to get angry again as he hazily remembered what he had overheard. Damn Danny…yesterday he had thought it would be wonderful if his partner fucked him and now he just wanted his partner to fuck off.

The older agent anticipated Martin trying to pull away. Since they were in front of the apartment complex where the younger man lived, Danny just leaned down and tipped the drunk over his shoulder.

The breath left his body as his stomach hit the broad shoulder of his partner. It took a minute for Martin to get a little clear-headed.

"Put me the fuck down, Danny," he hissed. Bracing his hand on Danny’s back he raised up as they walked onto the elevator. Thankfully none of his neighbors were around. However being drunk in the next second he couldn’t care less if his neighbors were around.

Danny reached up and smacked the tempting ass. If they were lovers he would have leaned over and sunk his teeth into that ass.

"Hush, Marty boy, we’re almost there."

Getting to Martins door, Danny set him down on his feet and leaned the wobbly body against the wall.

Wiggling his fingers in front of the red face, Danny murmured, "Keys, need keys to get inside."

Martin straightened up the best he could and glared.

"Get em yourself."

Martin smiled; Danny would never have the guts to get the apartment keys. He kept them in his front pants pocket.

Danny heaved a big sigh, "Your choice."

A hand pinned him to the wall as Danny got into his space. Martin was shocked speechless as he felt a hand go into his pocket feeling around for the keys. He flushed even redder this time with embarrassment as he felt his cock harden as Danny inadvertently brushed against it. He let his eyes slide shut and just go with the flow.

Danny was enjoying himself way too much. Part of him felt ashamed as he brushed against his partner’s soft genitals. He caught his breath as he felt the cock harden. Glancing upward he saw that Martins eyes were shut and his breathing was shallow and fast.

Testing Danny let his fingers barely brush across Martins cock as he grasped the keys. The older agent watched as the younger man caught his breath and made a small movement to push his hips closer to Danny.

Danny felt heat pool in his groin. He would like nothing better than to yank the designer pants off Martin and fuck him against the wall. But he couldn’t, his partner was drunk and not in his right mind. However, with the reactions he had witnessed they were definitely going to have a talk tomorrow. In fact he was not leaving Martin alone tonight, the man was way to drunk. A call to Jack and everything would be settled.

Danny finally got them into the apartment and sat Martin down on the side of his bed. After ordering him to stay Danny headed back down the hall to use the phone. He did not want Martin to overhear the whole conversation.

Ten minutes later Danny came back. Martin was in the bathroom getting sick to his stomach. Hurrying inside Danny nearly died.

Martin was kneeling over the stool throwing up whatever was in his stomach and he was naked. Clothes were thrown all around the bathroom.

As Martin shakily stood up and wandered to the sink, Danny groaned. Martin was completely oblivious to the fact that there was someone with him.

He was perfect even when he was drunk. His dark hair mussed up and his eyes were already on their way to being bloodshot, but Danny thought he was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

His partner’s shoulders were wide and tapered down to the slender waist. You could actually count the ab muscles… a six pack of course. The nipples were brown and puckered looking as though they were begging to be kissed. The flat stomach had a little line of hair that ran from the belly button down to the mass of dark curls that surrounded the pale cock and balls.

As Martin bent over the sink to get a drink, the pale globes of his tight ass were presented to his struck dumb partner. Cursing slightly as he dropped the cup on the floor, Martin somehow managed to bend over to pick it up. As he did the puckered entrance to his hot core flickered briefly teasing the older man.

Danny actually took a couple steps forward. His cock was hard and all he wanted was to throw that tempting body to the floor and sink inside that hot ass.

At that moment Martin turned around and stumbled as he saw his partner standing there.

Before Martin could get his confused thoughts together Danny hurriedly put his arm around the slender waist and urged them to the bedroom. Not worrying about bedclothes he just wanted to get Martin into bed.

Talking quietly and soothingly to the drunken man, it did not take long for Martin to fall into a deep sleep.

Danny covered him up and went into the living room. He went over to the wet bar and poured himself a double. After the second drink he had control over his libido.

Fixing himself a quick snack he took a quick shower and found some sweats in Martins drawer. They were a little small but they would do. Jack was bringing some of his clothes over tomorrow. It had been decided that since tomorrow was Friday, Danny would stay with Martin at least until Martin kicked him out. If Danny had anything to say about it that wouldn’t be for quite sometime.

Jack had the key to his teammates apartments in case of an emergency so he could get Danny clothes. It was decided that the team would come over one at a time tomorrow and talk to the upset man. Danny would just disappear to another room while they were there. Then Jack had instructed his agent to talk to Martin and see if the boy felt the same way. If he did then he wished them well together. Jack had no problem with the two men getting together as long as it did not effect work.

After watching a little TV, Danny wandered back down the hall. Since there was only one bedroom and since Martin had a King sized mattress Danny just crawled into the bed. He stayed on his side of the bed and even though he was highly aware of the body lying next to him he eventually went to sleep.

*

The blue eyes opened to mere slits. His mouth felt like it was filled with cotton, and he was hot.

Martin decided that if he moved his head was going to fall off, he had a headache from hell. Squinting he finally was able to focus on the alarm clock. It said 7:00, well fuck it all to hell, he was going to be late to work. Shuffling to the bathroom he relived himself and brushed his teeth then wandered back into the bedroom. Crawling back into bed the events of yesterday came flooding back. He had resigned so who cared if he took a sick day.

As he struggled to sit up a strong arm came around his shoulders helping him and fluffing the pillows behind him.

Martin gasped. What the hell?

He must have said it out loud because Danny sat down next to him on the edge of the bed.

"Hey, partner. No its not hell, but I would imagine you feel like it is," Danny smiled as he spoke softly.

Martin quickly grabbed the glass that was handed to him and drank the water down. It tasted so good.

"What…you…why are you…" Martin finally sputtered to a stop. His mind was a blank. The last thing he could remember was sitting in the bar drinking. Shit this was why he never drank to excess.

"Well, when Jack found that letter of resignation on his desk he called us all in. He was very upset…hell we were all upset, Martin."

Danny frowned at the younger man. Quite frankly if he wasn’t sure that Martin would throw up on him he would flip the kid over his knees and blister that fine ass until it was red. Well that was something he might think about doing later.

Martin rubbed his forehead. Damn his head hurt and how the hell did it get turned around he was the bad guy.

"I did what I had to. Why do you care or anyone else. I figured you’d be happy to get rid of me," Martin snapped his anger obvious in every word he spoke.

Danny leaned forward forcing Martin back against the headboard. He placed a hand on either side of Martins head.

"Now you listen very carefully to what I’m about to say."

After Martin had nodded his head his eyes wide. His breathing sped up. Danny had never gotten in his space like this before. Danny’s scent surrounded him; he could feel himself harden at the close proximity of the man he wanted.

"When Jack read your letter we were all shocked. You’re a part of this team and we all function well together. Granted we had our differences at the beginning, but we’re partners and I don’t want another one. We finally figured out why you were quitting. Now listen…WE WERE NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU. What you overheard was a discussion about Fitzsimmons. You remember the idiot we had to work with this week. His dad is a congressman and that is how the jerk got his job. Damn it Martin, no one calls you Fitz, sure I did when you first started but that was a long time ago."

Martin looked down. Now that he thought it through he realized he had just jumped to conclusions. Twisting his fingers together in his lap he didn’t notice Danny watching him like a hawk.

Danny kept his eyes trained on the suddenly shy man in front of him. He watched as a pink tongue swiped at the dry lips, then looked down the body sitting in front of him. His cock immediately began to sit up and take notice of the picture in front of him.

"I guess I just jumped to the wrong conclusion. I do that sometimes. It’s still kind of hard to realize I actually belong somewhere," Martin whispered keeping his head down.

"Well you do. You’re one of us. In fact you can expect the others to show up at different times today for a one on one talk with you."

Martin groaned and leaned back against the pillows, letting his hands fall out of his lap and onto the bed.

Danny couldn’t help but glance down. A thin sheet only covered the slender body and he figured the fact that he was naked had not registered with his friend.

There was a noticeable bulge at Martins crotch. Danny flashed his eyes up to his partner’s face and found Martin staring right at him.

How it happened neither man could ever figure it out. But they were suddenly in each other’s arms. Danny couldn’t figure out how his clothes disappeared so fast.

Mouths became fused together as the two men grasped each other tightly.

Danny shifted and lay on his back pulling the smaller man on top of him. The older agent kept one hand in the dark hair holding the luscious mouth in place while he plundered its depths. His other hand wandered down until he could grab a handful of his partners ass, he kneaded the tight muscle shoving the younger mans crotch tight against his own.

The first time was not going to last long, both men were to hot and it had been awhile since either one of them had screwed around.

Reaching down Martin lined up their cocks and using their juices held the two shafts together. He kept his other hand behind Danny’s head.

Finally needing air they broke apart. Danny transferred his mouth to the vulnerable neck he sucked until a red mark appeared wanting to see his mark on the soft skin.

Martin jerked in his arms and moaned. It was enough to send Danny over the edge. He pulled Martin tight into his arms as the younger man followed him over the edge.

Panting and moaning they lay in each other’s arms for several minutes.

Danny busted out laughing as a disgruntled voice in his ear said, "I just changed the sheets yesterday."

Turning his head Danny was staring right into the blue eyes of his new and last lover.

"Tell you what blue eyes, I’ll change your sheets while you shower. Jack is not expecting either one us in the office today."

"Why…we can’t be together…damn it Danny, Jack won’t like it."

The blue eyes filled with tears.

Danny pulled his lover into his arms; he rubbed the shaking back.

"Jack already knows how I feel about you. He said if you felt the same way he had no problem with it as long as it did not effect work. We won’t flaunt our relationship, Marty."

Martin sighed in relief, "Thank God, I didn’t want to lose you."

"You won’t. Now a shower for you, I would imagine Jack is going to stop by on his way to work."

Danny smiled as Martin gave him a swift kiss and headed for the bathroom. He couldn’t help but admire the view walking away from him. Licking his lips he figured he had all day to figure out what he wanted to do with his lover tonight.

He had just gotten the bed stripped when the doorbell rang. Quickly he used the sheet to wipe off the drying cum on his stomach. Knocking on the bathroom door he yelled and told Martin that Jack was here. Pulling on clothes he stumbled down the hallway.

Jack started laughing when the door was open.

"Funny, Jack. The kid is smaller that me and these sweats were all I had to put on," Danny laughed, as he knew what he looked like. The navy blue sweats came to his calf and fit his ass and crotch a little tightly. He had given up on the top; it only came down to his belly button.

"Well here you go, I packed everything I thought you would need," Jack was still chuckling as he shoved a suitcase into his agents arms.

Hearing the shower turn off, it was only going to be a few minutes until the younger agent to make an appearance.

"How is he?"

"Doing pretty good. He knows we weren’t talking about him. I explained it to him."

"Good, What about the two of you? You have a look about you that I haven’t seen before?"

"We’re together. I really don’t want to talk about it right now. It’s so new that I want to savor it and enjoy it."

The senior FBI agent nodded and smiled. If Martin looked as relaxed and happy as Danny then Jack was thrilled for the two of them.

"I’ll send the kid in."

"How does he feel about you calling him kid?"

"He hates it. Since I’m only about four years older than him he says I can’t call him kid. I just ignore him," Danny replied as he headed out of the room.

Jack was still chuckling when Martin wandered down the hall. The dark haired man had put on a pair of old jeans and a blue flannel shirt. He was shoeless but had on a pair of thick socks. The younger agent sat on the sofa with his boss.

"Jack, I’m sorry…"

"Martin, I’m sorry…"

Both men spoke at once. They looked at each then laughed.

"I am sorry Martin. We were not talking about you and I should have followed you when you said you weren’t feeling well. I had a feeling there was more to it than that."

"No, Jack I just overheard some stuff and it was my own insecurities that made me react the way I did. I thought I was better about that, but I guess not."

"You’re much better. Besides we should not have been gossiping about another agent even if he is an incompetent boob."

"Hmm…about that letter"

"Don’t worry I tore it up before I left work yesterday. I refuse to lose one of my best agents and that is exactly what you are."

Martin flushed with pleasure. This was turning out to be a good day. Started off shitty with the headache, but then great sex and now his boss was complimenting him. Hopefully, it would continue to be good, ending with his partner’s hard cock sliding deep inside his ass. At least that was how he planned on ending the day and he figured it wouldn’t take much to convince his lover. He was well aware of Danny watching his ass as he walked into the bathroom.

The men heard the shower turn on.

Jack looked over in time to see Martin turn red and look down.

"Don’t be embarrassed, I’ve know for awhile how Danny felt about you. I just told him to not rush you. I take it that everything is okay?"

Meeting his boss’s eyes, the blue eyes told it all.

"It’s all great. I haven’t been this happy in a long time."

"Good, I want my agents happy. Now I have to get to work. I will expect both of you at work on time Monday morning. Got it?"

"Got it boss. Thanks for everything."

After Jack had left Martin leaned against the door heaving a big sigh. He shut his eyes. The headache was much better. A new headache cure. Making love, shower, aspirin and a good talk with the boss. Maybe he could bottle it and make lots of money.

Pushing away from the door he wandered into the kitchen. About twenty minutes later he was putting the bacon, eggs and coffee on the table.

Danny came into the kitchen sniffing the air.

"Smells wonderful, babe. Glad one of us can cook."

"I love to cook, therefore you get to clean up afterwards.’

"You got a deal. How did it go with Jack?"

"It went really well. He wasn’t mad. Said that I was one of his best agents and that he was happy for us," Martin said in a rush.

"You are an excellent agent. I’m glad he’s happy for us, but it wouldn’t have mattered. I’m not giving you up."

The two men exchanged a smile. They were together come hell or high water.

The morning was spent sprawled on the sofa arms and legs wrapped around each other as they watched TV. Danny thought it was hilarious that his clean-cut partner was hooked on the court shows. He loved to tease the younger man. Even if it was only to see the blush on the beautiful face.

Danny was in the kitchen cleaning up after lunch when the doorbell rang. Listening with one ear he heard Martin answer the door, then Viv’s voice.

As Martin was seating the lady agent on the couch Danny wandered out and announced he was going to the back room to watch some TV.

Martin and Viv just looked at each other after the man had left the room.

"He’s not real subtle is he?" Viv asked raising her eyebrow.

"No, subtlety is not one of Danny’s fortes," Martin agreed shaking his head as though sad about his lovers shortcomings.

Viv smiled gently at the younger man. She had adored him from the first time they had met. He was one of the most polite, gentle and intelligent men she had ever met. It did not hurt that he reminded her of the younger brother she had helped raise and missed so terribly.

"I know Jack was here earlier. I just wanted to stop by and say that if you ever try to quit again I will blister your ass."

Martin’s mouth dropped open. He had never heard Viv cuss before and damn she had just threatened to spank him.

"We need agents like you. Someone who cares about people, about justice is being done. You care about the innocents and their families. The compassion shows in everything you say or do."

Shit, he was really getting tired of blushing.

"I don’t know what to say, Viv. I just screwed up and blew everything up out of proportion."

"Yes you did. If I have a problem with you I will talk to you. We should not have been talking about Fitz like that, but the man is so incredibly stupid. Sorry, that was uncalled for. I like you Martin you are a good man."

As Viv stood up, Martin stepped up and pulled her into a bear hug. He felt her arms go around him.

As he felt tears fill his eyes, Martin stepped back.

"You know you can let Sam know that it was all a misunderstanding. She doesn’t have to stop by. Thanks for everything, Viv. You certainly know how to make a man feel better."

Martin walked her to the door.

Viv put her hand to the soft cheek of her friend.

"You just remember that and pass it on. I do know how to make a man feel better and if I were a few years younger and you weren’t already taken I’d show you just what I could do for you and to you."

"VIV!" Martin exclaimed his blue eyes wide with surprise.

"I may be older, but I’m not dead. See you on Monday and tell Danny to behave himself," Viv patted the younger agent’s cheek and left.

Martin just stood there with the door wide open. His mouth was still open.

Danny came up behind his lover and shut the door. He pushed Martin against it and covered the open mouth with his.

After devouring the hot mouth and gripping the hard body tight, Danny pulled back.

"Viv surprised you, huh? Should have warned you she can shock even Jack at times. Viv also adores you, if she could she would take you home and mother you."

"She just shocked the shit out of me. And do you think since…well what she said she knows about us?"

"I think they all know. And they don’t care. So get the worry lines off your face."

As Martin opened his mouth, he found a tongue suddenly dueling with his. Moaning deep in his throat he wrapped his arms around his partner’s shoulders and held on tight deepening the kiss.

Danny put his hands under the ass encased in impossibly snug jeans and lifted. As long legs wrapped around his waist he walked towards the sofa.

The two men never released each other’s mouths. Danny sat on the sofa and moved until he was on the bottom with Martin blanketing him.

"Let’s go to the bedroom…want you to inside me," Martin whispered as he dropped little kisses on Danny’s face.

Danny reached up and took the handsome face in his hands.

"Not right now, babe. Don’t know when Sam is going to get here and she will be here irregardless of what you said to Viv and I sure as hell don’t want to be interrupted when we make love."

The older agent watched in surprise as a pout actually appeared on his lover’s face. He had never seen Martin pout before…what a fucking turn on. And if he ever saw him pout in public so anyone else could see that sweet bottom lip pushed out he would just blow a gasket. This look was his and all his.

Danny pushed himself in the corner of the sofa. He pulled the younger man down until they were resting back to chest. Wrapping his arms around the slender body he dropped a kiss on the side of Martins neck.

"Love the pout. Just don’t do it with anyone else, you won’t like the consequences."

"Really and what on earth would those be?" was the indignant response with just a hint of haughtiness in the tones.

Danny yanked Martins head around and kissed him until he was breathless.

"I am a very jealous lover. You’re mine and I won’t tolerate anyone checking out what is mine."

"Fine, just you remember that you belong to me and I don’t share either."

There was silence as both men decided that they just happened to be on the same page and there was nothing more to be said on the subject.

It wasn’t long before Martin drifted off to sleep held securely in his lover’s arms.

Danny turned on the TV and watched the news channel for awhile then he to drifted off to sleep.

Martin grumbled in his sleep as he wished whoever was pounding on the wall was stop. He suddenly jerked awake as he realized someone was knocking on his door.

Danny came awake as the body in his arms suddenly jerked and got up. As Martin opened the door Danny stood up.

Samantha stood there looking a little uneasy. When the two men smiled at her she relaxed and entered the apartment.

"I’ll just go see what there is for dinner."

When Danny had left the room there was complete silence for a few seconds.

Finally Samantha said, "Viv told me that I didn’t have to stop by, but I wanted to. We didn’t have a real good beginning, but I’d like to think we’ve come a long way since those first days. You’re a good agent, Martin and I’m proud to have you on the team. I’m just sorry about you overhearing that conversation and thinking it was about you."

"Thanks, Sam. I’m proud to work with you. I think we work well together and the next time I overhear something I’ll just ask instead of getting upset."

"Good. I’ll see you on Monday. And tell Danny if he doesn’t treat you right then he’ll have to answer to me."

While Martin was floundering for words, Sam reached up and kissed him on the cheek.

As she opened the door she turned around.

"You know, you’re a very gorgeous man. You’ll be good for Danny, he’ll have to be on his toes to keep you."

The blond agent was laughing as she shut the door. Damn it was always good to get the last word in. Though she was sure she’d get an earful from Danny on Monday.

Martin was laughing as Danny came out of the kitchen. It was obvious from the disgruntled look on his face that he had heard what Sam had said.

"Gonna have to have a long talk with her on Monday. Make sure she understands that I am on my toes and no one is taking you away from me."

Danny stooped and tipped Martin over his shoulder.

"What about dinner. Aren’t you hungry," the younger agent asked as he admired the view.

Danny stroked the jean-covered ass as he replied, "Oh, yeah I’m hungry and I plan on satisfying that hunger in just a few minutes."

As they walked down the hallway, Danny leaned over and bit down on his lover’s ass. Hearing the yelp he smiled in satisfaction.

As the laughing body of his partner bounced on the bed Danny pounced. Kissing his partner senseless, he was surprised when he found himself flat on his back and Martin standing by the bed.

Reaching for his lover, Danny was surprised when his hand was slapped.

Martin took a couple of steps back. He had a very mischievous teasing look on his face.

"Remember earlier when I wanted you to make love to me, but you said we had to wait. Well now you have to wait…and watch."

This side of his lover mesmerized Danny. He watched as Martin licked his lips and the blue eyes closed halfway.

Martin began a slow strip tease. He loved the shocked and lustful look on his partner’s face.

Slowly he began to unbutton his shirt, when it was unbuttoned he slid it off his shoulders to come to rest at his elbows. Gently he pinched and pulled at his nipples moaning a little. Letting the shirt slip to the floor he teasingly unbuttoned his jeans. Jutting one hip out he rubbed the palms of his hands down his crotch opening the jeans up so his light blue boxers could be seen.

Danny nearly choked as his lover put his hands behind his head and swiveled his hips a couple of times, the jeans riding lower on the slim hips.

The snug jeans were worked down the long legs then kicked to the side. The blue boxers clung to the ass and hard cock. Hands stroked the hard cock and squeezed the tight balls. A wet patch appeared on the boxers. Danny slowly raised his eyes to his lover’s face.

Martin blew him a kiss then turned his back. Slowly bending over he pulled one sock off then the other one. Danny could only stare at the tight ass right in front of him encased in thin silk.

Martin stood up then slightly bent at the waist. He put his hands on the waistband of his boxers and pulled them down about two inches.

Pausing he looked over his shoulder. Danny was transfixed; he could see the top of the cleft in his lover’s ass.

Martin stood back up and turned around. Putting his hands on his hips he pouted and said, "Changed my mind, want dinner first."

Danny growled and stalked towards his lover. He swung the aggravating man into his arms and carried him to the bed.

Martin would swear that his partner was growling as he was thrown on the bed face down.

Danny climbed off the bed, when Martin went to rise up a hand came down and slapped his ass a couple of times.

"Stay put or I will not be responsible for my actions."

Martin promptly dropped back down on the bed, figuring he had riled his lover enough for one night.

Danny covered the slender body with his body planting kisses on the back and shoulders. He sucked and bit down on one shoulder blade hard enough to cause a bruise the next day.

"God, Marty I wanted to go slow, but I have to have you. Want to feel you around me like a hot glove, feel you writhing and moaning beneath me. Fucking your ass so deep and hard."

Danny had grabbed lube out of the bedside table when he had undressed; it was lying on the bed.

Ripping off the silk boxers Danny feasted on the white globes under his hands and mouth.

Mouthing the soft skin he bit and sucked never seeming to get enough. He licked his way down the cleft and sucked at the puckered entrance to his lover’s body. Martin had gripped the sheets with his fist and was groaning.

Urging the younger man to his knees, he spread the long legs wide. Using the lube he quickly had two fingers inside still taking time to prepare his lover. He would never hurt Martin; he loved him too much. As one hand prepared the hot passage for his possession the other hand was stroking and tugging at the hard dripping cock and tight balls of his lover.

As a third finger went in, Danny felt the muscle relax. He scissored his fingers to widen it further.

"God, Danny, just put it in. Fuck me hard."

Danny coated up his cock and placed the head at the relaxed entrance. When Martin felt Danny behind him he surged back and impaled himself on the hard cock.

Martin screamed as he was filled. The burning pain sensation almost overwhelming.

Danny froze, he couldn’t believe Martin had done that. He was afraid to move.

Through gritted teeth, Martin said, "Move, Danny…give me the pleasure."

Slowly Danny worked up a smooth rhythm. He slid inside with strong sure strokes hitting the prostate every time. He gripped the hips tightly enough to leave bruises, but he was controlling the movement now not his partner.

Hearing the moans and pants coming from the bent over body, he figured Martin was close.

Reaching around he again grasped the hard cock. Pumping it while fucking his lover’s ass it wasn’t long before Martin screamed Danny’s name as he came.

Danny quickly milked his lover dry then grasped the slender waist. He slid in deeper and harder moaning as Martins muscles tightened and released his cock.

With one powerful surge he sent his juices deep inside the hot tight bowels of his forever love.

Shuddering Danny slipped out of his lover’s body and fell to the bed pulling Martin with him.

Both men lay quietly the only sounds were their heavy breathing.

"That was fantastic," Martin murmured. He felt totally drained.

"Yeah it was. Your ass milked me dry. I’ve never felt anything so tight and hot."

"I have, your hands are very talented."

Danny loomed over Martin and looked down at him.

"You scared me when you pushed back on my cock. I don’t want to hurt you."

"I’m not a virgin and I was ready, but I promise I won’t scare you again."

"Marty, the beds dirty again and it’s your turn to strip it."

"Fine, the you fix dinner."

"You win, I’ll strip the bed again and you fix dinner," Danny surrendered. He truly hated cooking.

"We could fuck again," Martin suggested leering at his lover.

"Oh we’ll do that after dinner. I want to be ready for you to ride my ass this time."

They smiled at each other and headed for the bathroom. Wiping each other down with little kisses along the way they both knew that they had come home.

What had started out as a misunderstanding and could have cost them each other had in fact brought them together…forever.

 

The End