Title: Look For A Silver Lining

By Wgang

Rating: NC-17

Pairing: Jack/Danny

Disclaimers: Without A Trace does not belong to me. This is for fun only, I make no money.

Summary: Martin discloses to Jack and Danny a horrible secret he had kept since his childhood. The three men follow through with their feelings for each other. This will be a continuing series with all three men as the center point. Just an FYI Samantha is not an overly pleasant person at the beginning; I may allow her to improve down the road.

Authors Note: This is a spoiler for the whole season. Jack has not been married and has no kids. He and Danny have been in an established relationship for a year. Martin’s brother is totally my invention as is his childhood reminisces.

Feedback: Wgang16@aol.com

 

Look For A Silver Lining

By Wgang

 

Martin Fitzgerald was in a state of shock. He had been so close to saving Anwar Samir. How had everything gone wrong in such a short time? He had been talking to Anwar, trying to get him to put the gun down, when the sniper had taken his shot. He had watched in shock as Anwar was shot down.

Martin knew that the Feds shot the Arab National because they thought there were innocent lives at risk including his own.

He walked past his team without acknowledging their sympathetic and worried glances his way. He headed straight for his car. The only plans he had right now were to go home, eat, drink, maybe even get drunk and go to sleep. He didn’t care if it was still daylight out, it was late afternoon and he just didn’t give a shit. It was Friday and he was planning on staying at the apartment all weekend. He had planned on finally unpacking from his move to the city. Now after today, he figured he’d just pack everything up and get out of this city. Get away from these people he had started to trust and like. He just couldn’t do it anymore and of course it would all have to come down on top of his head today, only his birthday was a worse day than today.

As Martin reached the car and started to open it, a hand came around him and held the car door shut.

Turning around the young FBI agent saw that his four teammates had followed him. He guessed they had been talking to him, but he never heard as he had flashed back several years.

"Where are you going, Martin?" Jack asked in a gentle tone. It was as though he were afraid Martin would shatter in a million pieces if he raised his voice.

"I’m going home, Jack. I’ll fill out the paperwork Monday. I need to get away from here. I’m sorry Samir died. Guess I screwed up again the whole thing up again. You can just wait and yell at me on Monday."

Martin was a little surprised when Danny stepped forward and laid a hand on his shoulder. Danny’s hand felt warm on his shoulder and Martin felt a jolt go through him at the contact.

"Hey, partner, why don’t you let me take you home. You look a little shaky."

"NO, I want to be alone. Thanks anyway."

Vivian put her hand up to Martin cheek and softly said, "You did everything you could Martin. He wouldn’t put the gun down; it was just unfortunate that it happened. It wasn’t your fault. Samir could have gotten help when he found out his friend was a terrorist. He choice not to. That set everything in motion."

Martin smiled at the black agent. She reminded him of his mom in many ways. Very efficient, abrupt when need be yet under it all a very kind sweet person.

Looking over at the only person not to have said anything, Martin knew that Samantha probably blamed him for Anwars death.

Martin was partly right. Samantha blamed Jack, Martin and the other Federal agents. She thought they had been narrow minded when it came to dealing with an Arab suspect. Seeing Jack glare at her, Samantha tried to smile and say some appropriate words for her upset teammate.

She had obviously waited to long. Sam was surprised to see Martin shoot a glare her way. Martin had always been so even tempered, even when she had been anything but even tempered.

"Don’t say it, Samantha, I know it’s my fault. They’re just being nice. Tell you what I’ll make your day. You haven’t had much use for me, since I got here. I’ll give you a copy of my resignation when I turn it in to Jack Monday. You can frame it."

Martin shrugged off Danny’s hand and pushed by Jack. Slamming the door shut and locking it, he ignored Jack trying to talk to him through the shut window. Making sure everyone was out of the way; he left never looking back.

Turning on Samantha, Jack snapped "He’s right. You’ve been hard on him since day one. This was NOT his fault. You better make it right, Samantha; I won’t let that boy leave this team. He’s a good agent and getting better every day. He cares about people, sincerely cares about them.

Samantha felt her face turn red. She knew Jack was right. She had been hard on Martin; she tended to be harder on men. Then she resented whom Martins dad was, figuring that was how the young man got the job. Looking back she realized she had been a real bitch, but the others were not without blame.

"I’ll apologize, Jack. I was wrong to blame him for the whole situation, but you’re not innocent. You jumped his butt for bringing up the info to the JTTF. One look at his face and you should have known he didn’t do it to embarrass us, he was trying to help. He already figures that you’re going to ream him again. And you Danny, oh I know the two of you are friends now, but you gave him a harder time than me. Talking about the little rich boy and how his daddy would see that he was settled for life. Viv is the only one who has treated him like a teammate, not someone who has to be monitored. I agree with Martin, I’m going home. I’ll see you Monday."

The blond agent whirled around and headed for her car.

Viv looked at Jack and Danny and said, "You know she’s right. The two of you have been hard on that boy. He can’t help who his father is. Quite frankly from everything I’ve seen he seldom talks about his family. Kinda makes you wonder what kind of life Martin had growing up. Maybe Sam isn’t the only one who needs to apologize. I’ll go with Sam and talk to her. Let her get some of her issues out in the open. I suggest the two of you go to Martins. The boy doesn’t need to be alone right now. He’s really upset."

Vivian hurried off to join Sam in the car. The blond was obviously anxious to leave, but she waited for Viv to join her.

Jack looked at Danny who just shrugged his shoulders. The two men headed off to their car. Once inside with seatbelts on, the two men just sat in silence for several seconds.

"You know, damn if Sam and Viv aren’t right. I could tell by the look on the boy’s face that he brought the information to help us. I have no idea why I gave him such a hard time. We talked about Martin several times at home, Danny. I never really admitted to myself that I was giving him a hard time. With anyone else I would have let it go."

Danny reached over and after carefully looking around and seeing no one close to the car he put his hand over Jacks. When Jack looked at his lover, Danny had to admit his own shortcomings with Martin.

"Yeah, I gave Martin a real hard time at first. I guess I was resentful of who he was or I should say who his father is. I also was jealous. You know, Jack it ought to be illegal for a man to be that gorgeous. The thing about Martin is that he’s totally unaware of his looks. When we went through that airport in California, I swear there were more women and men that turned to look at him. I thought I was walking with a movie star. When I mentioned it to him he just laughed and said it was my imagination or maybe they were looking at me. I could tell he truly did not know just how good looking he is. Made me wonder just how much self-esteem and confidence he really has. My whole attitude changed on that trip. I saw a different side to him and we had good time off duty. He’s a lot of fun when he relaxes. I think he believes he’s on show all the time due to his father," Danny confessed.

"We need to make this right, Danny. Martin is real upset right now. We have to make sure he understands that Anwars death is not his fault. He’s a damn good agent. Then we have the harder job of making sure he knows that we want and need him on our team," Jack said.

While Jack was not the best when it came to heart to heart talks he was determined to open up to Martin and make sure the boy knew that they weren’t just going to let him quit the team.

Jack knew that deep down there was another reason he didn’t want Martin to leave. The older mans feelings towards his newest agent had been getting stronger as time went on. He had tried to fight against his emotions, after all his relationship with Danny was great and they had been together for over a year. Danny was self-sufficient, even cocky sometimes, fun to be around and totally loyal to Jack. Jack loved him so much.

Martin brought out different feelings in Jack. Jack knew that Danny had similar feelings. It was a combination of desire and a strange need to protect or as least look after the young agent. Jack had to admit that it was Martins extraordinary good looks that had caught his attention at first. On their first case together, when he had told Martin that one of the suspects was checking him out, Jack had felt a jolt of possessiveness and jealousy. He didn’t like anyone looking at Martin with that expression of lust and desire on their face. Jack had suppressed his feelings and after talking with Danny, he knew they were on the same wavelength. Though this was the first time both men had admitted they had not treated the new agent the best in the beginning. Its kind of hard for men to admit they are in the wrong, especially if there are other emotions involved.

Danny noticed that Jack said the team needed Martin. Danny’s impression was that Jack needed Martin on the team, the older man was just now admitting it to himself. It had not slipped Danny’s notice that Jack was tending to take Martin on more investigations with him instead of pairing him up with the others. Danny also knew that Jack had given the approval to the JTTF Supervisor for the sharpshooters to go ahead and shoot Anwar. Danny had to wonder if it had been a stranger and not Martin facing an Arab with a gun, if Jack would have given the okay to shoot.

Danny had also seen how Martin would give Jack funny looks periodically, especially after the case with the professor who kidnapped and raped young boys. The whole case was unsettling to everyone, but Jack and Martin seemed to be particularly bothered by the case. Jack had briefly told his team about the conversation in the car when he was trying to get the professor to divulge where he had hidden the boy.

Danny had noticed that Martin seldom raised his eyes from the table during Jacks briefing. Martin seemed a little pale and was very quiet for a few days after that case. Danny had also noticed that Jack glanced at Martin periodically concern crossing his face.

Danny jerked his thoughts back to the here and present as he suggested. "Lets grab something to eat and take it over to Martins. He’s so upset that he probably won’t think of getting something to eat."

The two men grabbed Chinese take out and headed straight to Martins apartment. Neither man had ever been there before. The team really did not do things together outside of the workplace. Jack and Danny were together of course. Sam had her dates, but was not the most sociable person to be around. Viv had her family and circle of friends. Martin, well Martin was still an enigma. He was friendly and liked to tease his friends at work, but never asked for anything outside of the job.

Martin’s apartment was in the better part of the city, which was not surprising since Martins mothers family came from old money.

The doorman stopped both men so he could check their IDs. Dale Connors had been the doorman at the apartment complex for thirty years. He had watched Martin grow up. Mrs. Fitzgerald had liked to bring her youngest son to the city to shop and to give him an appreciation of Broadway. Dale liked to think of himself as something of an institution at his job. He also had a big soft spot for the young FBI agent. Martin never failed to speak to him and always remembered him on his birthday and at the holidays.

Dale hesitated as he handed the badges back to the FBI agents. He hoped he was not overstepping his bounds, but the boy had looked real upset when he came home earlier.

Dale looked up at the two men and quietly said, "I hope the two of you are friends of that boy. He looked real upset earlier and I do hate to see that good boy upset. Not to many kind decent people around this world anymore, but that boy is at the top of the list."

Jack smiled at the elderly man and replied, "We’re his friends and that’s why we’re here. Don’t worry, the next time you see him, he’ll be smiling."

Dale sighed in relief, "Okay, then you can go on up. He’s in number 2001."

A few minutes later standing at Martins apartment door Jack took a deep breath and glanced at Danny. Raising his hand he knocked. Getting no response he knocked again a little louder this time.

As Jack raised his hand again, the door was wrenched open. The two men were struck speechless as Martin stood in front of them glaring out of two big blue eyes.

"What the hell do you want," Martin snarled. The young FBI agent had obviously just gotten out of the shower. He had on a dark blue robe loosely belted around his slim waist. He had on light blue pajama bottoms and was bare chested and barefoot. His dark hair was still damp and looked as though he had just run his fingers through it.

When he got no response Martin started to slam the door shut. Danny had the presence of mind to swing his arm and foot out and stop the door from shutting. He had a feeling if Martin succeeded in getting the door shut then he would not be opening it any time soon.

Jack hurriedly spoke up, "Martin, we need to talk. We brought dinner and we’re not leaving until we’ve talked to you. To put it bluntly I’m not going to let you leave the team, you did nothing wrong out there today."

"Fuck that, Jack. I quit; you can’t stop me from leaving. I thought I was finally fitting in. Danny and I were getting along great, then this whole thing happened with Samir. You thought I gave information to the JTTF behind your back and Sam was being her usual bitch self. I don’t go behind people’s backs and I won’t work where I’m not…not trusted. I won’t be made the…the scapegoat,"

Martin’s voice was starting to break up as his emotions surged to the surface. He always tried to keep everything inside. His father said that he needed to be in control of himself. The problem with that was when Martin let go he exploded. His father had taught him at an early age not to let people know what you were really feeling. He had started to let the walls fall with his new teammates. After today he felt adrift and friendless.

"Just leave me the hell alone. I…I…don’t need any sympathy for the…the poor little rich boy. I’m tired of being…being fucked by everyone in my life…first my father then literally by my brother…now the people that…." Martin’s voice wavered to a stop as he realized what he had just said. Martin’s face drained of color and his eyes rolled back in his head as he slumped towards the floor.

Danny leaped forward and grabbed his partner before he hit the floor. Danny picked Martin up in his arms and carried him into the apartment. Jack followed shutting and locking the door behind him.

Danny swung the unconscious man down to lay on the black leather sofa. He grabbed an afghan off the back and carefully covered his partner up. Danny took the Chinese food from Jack and sat it down on the coffee table.

Danny watched as Jack knelt down and brushed the damp hair off Martins forehead. Jack leaned forward and dropped a soft kiss on Martins forehead.

"Should we call a doctor or something?" Danny asked concern and worry surging through him at how pale Martin was.

"No, he’ll be fine. I think its exhaustion and the whole damn situation with Samir. The whole thing really put him through the ringer."

Jack stood up next to Danny as they both stood there for a minute just looking down at their fallen comrade. Martin looked like he was barely old enough to shave, let alone be a FBI agent.

The two men wandered across the room and stared out at the city. Jack reached over and took Danny’s hand in his.

"If I could get hold of Martins father, I would kill him with my bare hands," Jack said making sure his voice was not loud enough to reach the unconscious man.

Danny’s eyes were stricken as he gazed back at his partner. "Do you think he meant fucked as in raped. His father and his brother. My God, Jack he’s only in his early twenties now."

"I don’t know, Danny. Before we leave here we’re going to know the whole story. The boy has been holding all this in for to long. I think that’s why he exploded at us. He keeps too much inside. The whole thing with Samir just broke everything out in the open. From what I’ve seen of his father, the man is a control freak and must have told Martin that to show any emotion was a weakness. At least that’s the way his father behaves. Unfortunately for his father, it’s pretty obvious that Martin is a caring, sensitive person, which probably pisses his old man off.

"He needs us, Jack. Just from little things he said in California, his childhood was not pleasant and he does not care for his father. He never even mentioned having a brother. I can’t believe the man assaulted his own son, but shit you just never know about people."

"If I find out that old bastard raped that boy, I will do my best to destroy his career. That seems to be the only thing that he cares about," Jack declared his dark eyes flashing with anger.

"That is the only thing he has ever cared about, especially now," Martins soft hesitant voice drifted over to them.

Danny and Jack hurried over to their friend.

Martin was sitting up and had shifted to the middle of the sofa. The afghan had pooled in his lap while Martin leaned his head back to rest on the back of the sofa.

Watching as Martins eyes drifted shut, Jack put his hand on the slightly trembling shoulder.

"You don’t have to talk about it right now if you don’t want to. I do think that you need to get it out soon. If you let it continue to fester then it will eat you alive, kid," Jack said letting his hand massage the tense neck muscles.

"Yeah, partner. You know we’re here for you. We had a lot of misunderstandings in the past, but you and I…hell we make a great team," Danny said with a smile. He let his hand drift down to Martins knee, squeezing gently to show his support.

Jack felt the guilt he had carried since he had chastised the young man in the FBI office for giving information to the JTTF surge to the surface.

Jack reached out his hand and took the firm chin in his hand causing Martins eyes to flash open with something like alarm in their depths.

"Sh…it’s just me and Danny here. No ones going to hurt you or yell at you. I want to apologize for lecturing you at the office today. I know that you would never compromise one of our investigations. The JTTF just rubs me the wrong way and I took it out on you. I’m sorry."

Martins blue eyes locked on Jacks face. He wanted to see if Jack was just saying that to appease him or if Jack just felt pity for poor little Martin.

Martin saw nothing but sincerity on his boss’s face. For the first time in a long time, Martin felt as though he actually had people who cared about him. People who might actually care whether he lived or died. Jack was right; maybe it was time for him to finally get it all off his chest. Tell the secret he had kept for to long at first for his mom’s sake. Then because his dad had threatened him. Oh not physically Martin was to old for that, but letting Martin know that if he told anything about what had happened no one would believe him and Martin would lose what few friends he had. Martin career would be over before it had hardly begun.

Martin glanced over at Danny and saw the same support on his partners face. Taking a deep breath Martin caught a whiff of food. He knew that he had not cooked anything. Well might as well take care of first things first. Hopefully, he would not throw it all up when he finished telling his story.

"I’ve never had anyone to confide in. My father made it clear that no one would believe me and I would be the one ostracized. If…I mean if…well if the two of you don’t mind I think I’d like to tell you what happened and why today I just exploded. It was more than Samir being killed although that was bad enough. First…though I… could we eat. I haven’t had anything since breakfast and I…well I think I need some fortifying to tell you the whole sordid story of the fabulous Fitzgerald family."

Danny let out a sigh of relief. He was so glad Martin was going to open up to them. He grabbed Martin in a big hug whispering to his friend.

"We’re not going anywhere. I’ll get the Chinese food out and bring it in here. You stay put."

Danny got up and hurried into the kitchen carrying the food with him. He wanted to find the plates and utensils.

When Danny had left the room, Jack slid his arm around Martins shoulders and pulled the younger man in close. He kept his arm around the slender shoulders and after hesitating Martin rested his head on the broad shoulder of his boss.

Laughing slightly Martin said "If you had told me this morning that I would end the day in my bosses arms I would have laughed at you."

Jack had to chuckle even as he tightened his grip on the beautiful man he had next to him. He dropped a quick kiss on the top of the dark head nestled so trustingly on his shoulder.

"If you would have told me this morning that I would have my arms around one of my agents and kissed them on the top of the head I would have laughed."

The next words out of Martins mouth froze Jack in place and froze Danny as he put the plates of food on the coffee table.

"I’m sure you and Danny end up like this a lot. I know about the two of you. If I’m going to get everything out in the open then I don’t want any secrets between us. If you’re worried don’t be. I think it wonderful what the two of you have. I have to admit I’m envious of your relationship."

Jack left his arm where it was and motioned with his head for Danny to resume his seat on the sofa.

Jack hesitated; he had to admit he was shocked at Martins revelation. He had thought he and Danny were better at hiding their relationship. However, he had to admit that it looked like Martin was not shocked about same sex relationships or the fact that his boss and his partner were involved. That in its self was surprising since Jack was pretty well convinced that Martin had been assaulted by his brother and maybe even his father when he was a kid. Martin also grew up in a very conservative environment. Looking at it another way, this might actually open the door for Jack and Danny to include Martin in their relationship. It was not like the two men had not discussed it. However, they needed to deal with the situation now not what may be the future.

"How did we slip up? Danny and I are usually better at hiding our feelings." Jack asked. The older man shook his head at Danny when it looked like his lover was going to say something.

"You both do hide it well. Remember about a month ago the two of you were in your office early in the morning. I had to come in early and finish up a report. I saw the two of you kiss. Wasn’t like I hadn’t felt vibes before, I know what to look for and I had been watching the two of you for awhile. If you’ll recall I dropped a stack of books in the hallway, the two of you came running out to see what the noise was. I dropped them to warn you guys that someone else was around. I didn’t want to intrude."

Danny and Jack just looked at each other. Hell, the boy was one step ahead of them. Vibes, they didn’t know they sent out vibes.

"What do you mean that you know what to look for and about these vibes. I’m to old to put out vibes." Jack almost sounded indignant. He was a damn senior FBI agent and he had let a wet behind the ears agent read him like a book.

Danny and Martin just looked at each other and couldn’t help but bust out laughing. Martin felt much better. He was among friends and he wasn’t being judged. That was a good feeling.

"I know what to look for because I…well I don’t think I’m gay because I’ve had sex with women…I guess you’d say I was bisexual. I have to admit that I prefer men. Women tend to be more passive in bed and there are times I like a little rough and tumble and…well other stuff."

Martin turned red as though he was afraid that he had said too much. His head dropped to his chest not really wanting to look at the two men flanking him.

Danny and Jack both felt a jolt as their blood pooled right in their groin. Oh, God the boy only had to talk about sex and they were ready to take him to bed. Had to be careful here. They sure did not want to read Martin wrong and innocently do something that might further hurt the younger man mentally and emotionally.

Danny hesitated then blurted out despite the glare he earned from his lover. Surely Martin wasn’t into the heavy stuff. He and Jack had just played around a little. Neither one of them felt comfortable in the submissive role so it did not work for them. With Martin though that opened up whole world of possibilities.

"What do you mean other stuff?"

Before Martin could respond, Jack blurted out, "Enough, lets eat and relax. Then we can continue this conversation or talk about whatever Martin wants to. Deal?"

When the two younger men vigorously shook their head, Jack sighed in relief. The conversation was getting a little deep to soon. He wanted Martin to unload the burden he had carried for to many years. The boy needed to understand that no matter what he said he and Danny were not going anywhere. In the last few minutes, Jack realized that Martin was theirs. Martin belonged to Danny and Jack and they were going to take care of him. Love him the way he wanted to be loved and to hell with everyone and everything else. Jack could also sense that Martin wanted to belong to them, he was just too insecure to make the first move. Knowing Danny, Jack figured his lover would not let the evening go by without at least tasting that sinful mouth of Martins. Jack could hardly wait to taste the boy himself.

For the next twenty minutes the three men sat and ate. They discussed sports and politics steering clear of the events of the day. They certainly steered clear of anything personal.

Martin divulged that the apartment had belonged to his mom. She had given it to him on his twenty–first birthday. She said that it was a place to escape a place for solitude and peace. She loved to shop in New York and she loved the Broadway shows. The solitude was something that was difficult to come by in the Fitzgerald house. His father had not been pleased that she had given such an expensive piece of real estate to a kid, but she had been adamant. Martin said that the place was really to big for him, but it was home. It had three bedrooms each with their own bathroom. There was a visitor’s bathroom down the hall next to the den. There was an eat in kitchen and a formal dining room. The family room where they were now seated was the room that was used the most. There was a balcony off the family room and off the master bedroom. Martin seemed almost embarrassed as he talked about his place. When his friends said that they’d like a tour later Martin was pleased. His friends did not seem overwhelmed by his place or resentful of where he lived.

Finishing up the meal, the men carried the dishes into the kitchen and popped them into the dishwasher. Martin was insistent that he did not need to be waited on. Going back into the spacious living room, Martin went to the wet bar and fixed each man a whiskey on the rocks. He was not a heavy drinker but decided that he was going to need something for the next few hours. He carried the whiskey bottle back over to the coffee table and sat it down.

"To Samir, I hope he’s in a better place." Martin toasted the dead doctor.

After drinking the whiskey in one gulp Martin fixed everyone another drink. The young man then leaned back into the sofa cushions. Jack followed suit and stretched out an arm behind Martins head resting on the back of the sofa. Danny sat on the edge of the sofa. He found it difficult to relax. He knew that whatever Martin was going to divulge was ugly and horrible. He could already feel himself tensing up. He already felt like he wanted to pound on someone and figured that someone was a member of Martins family. He consciously took a deep breath, knowing he had to keep control if for no other reason than to be there for the young man about to spill a secret he had kept for so many years. Danny rested his hand on Martins knee. He needed the contact, but he wasn’t sure if it was for him or for the pale man sitting in front of him.

Jack took in the pale, tense features of the man sitting next to him. He was worried about Martin. He had not worried this much about anyone in a long time.

"Martin, you don’t have to do this. We can wait until you’re ready or I know someone you can talk to, maybe a stranger would…" Jack broke off as Martin burst out.

"NO, I won’t talk to a stranger. I tried that before, they don’t give a damn about you, and they just want their money. I…I would rather talk to the two of you if…well if you don’t mind."

"We’re you’re friends, Martin. Tell us whatever you need to," Danny assured his partner. He gently patted Martin knee.

Martin glanced over at Jack raising his eyebrow in question.

"Danny’s right, Martin. Nothing you say will ever chase us away. Both of us are here for the long haul."

"Okay, just bear with me. I haven’t talked about this since I was sixteen. That was…was the year my brother’s sexual abuse of me came out into the open. The year that my father decided that I was definitely more trouble than I was worth," Martin whispered as a tear ran down one cheek.

Jack reached out and gently wiped the tear away cupping the soft cheek in the palm of his hand.

"Just go at your speed, baby. Take a sip of your drink and try to relax a little," Jack coaxed. He urged the slightly shaking drink up to Martin lips and waited until Martin had taken a sip.

The FBI agent had not realized that he had used an endearment to Martin until he noticed Danny’s look of surprise and Martins red cheeks.

"What…what?" he sputtered wondering at the funny looks he was getting.

"Jack, I’m twenty-five far from being a baby. Although I have to admit I kinda liked it," Martin confessed shyly.

Jack quickly looked at Danny for confirmation that he had slipped. He also hoped that Danny was not jealous. He would not lose one man for the other one.

Danny smiled and Jack saw that Danny knew exactly what Jack felt because he felt the same way. Relived Jack looked at the red cheeks of his youngest agent.

"Okay, young man that just slipped out. Besides compared to me you are a baby; you don’t even look like you’re old enough to shave. Behave or I might have to turn you over my knee," Jack admonished with a twinkle in his eyes. Good keep it a little light hearted and maybe they could get through this evening.

"Then I guess I’ll have to decide when and where to misbehave. Just to see if you’ll carry out that threat of course," Martin said his own eyes twinkling.

Danny and Jacks mouths fell open. They had suspected earlier that Martin was a little wilder than he let on, but the kid just continued to surprise them. The two men were beginning to suspect that beneath that little boy exterior was a Martin Fitzgerald that was kept well hidden.

Jack shook his head, obviously trying to the conversation back on track. The three men could not go forward until the past was taken care of and only Martin could get the ball rolling.

"I promise you that if you misbehave I will blister your butt and I keep my promises. Just like I promise you that Danny and I right here, we are not leaving. Go ahead Martin. As soon as the past is dealt with we can go forward."

Martin nodded and took another sip of his drink. At this rate he figured his friends would have to pour him into the bed.

"I was thirteen and my brother Derrick was twenty-eight. He was the apple of our father’s eye. A chip off the old block dad used to say. Derrick was a football star in school and an all star wrestler. When he got out of college he went into the military, into special operations. He got out of the military and was a different person. He was moody. He couldn’t hold down a job and his temper was terrible. Now I know a lot of guys who are in special operations and they are just fine, so I couldn’t figure out what happened with my brother. We actually got along pretty well before he entered the military. He used to say it was he and I against the world. He’d call me shrimp because I was a lot smaller than he was. He was about six foot four and weighed about 275 pounds. All of it was muscle. When he would argue with our parents he would come to me and say that I was the only one who understood him, I was the only one who loved him and I was the only person he loved. He was constantly lifting weights. Dad even had a weight room put in the house so Derrick could lift weights all he wanted to. He said he had to keep his body in shape for the bitches. That’s what he called women, even our mother, though he seldom said that to her face. He had one girlfriend, Carolyn Akins. She was real nice but as my father was fond of saying she was from the wrong side of the tracks. I heard my brother and father talking one night and they said women like that were good for only one thing and that was to fuck. They didn’t make good wives or mothers. Dad said that he married mom because of her social status and her money. He said she was a lousy fuck that’s why he had whores on the side to take care of his needs. That night any illusions I had about my family were shattered. Of course I didn’t know that in just a couple of weeks it would get worse."

Martin paused to take a deep breath and took another sip of the whiskey. Jack put his hand on the back of Martins neck and gently squeezed.

"Late one afternoon Derrick came storming home. I was the only one there. He was furious. I had never seen him that mad and he scared me. Mom and Dad had been out for the day and had an engagement that night so I locked myself in my bedroom. I heard him throwing things around in his room then things got real quiet. I tried to stay awake, but I got tired and fell asleep on my bed. The next thing I knew Derrick was in my room sitting on the bed next to me. I had forgotten that the keys to all the rooms were kept in a drawer in the kitchen. Derrick was leaning over me and had placed one hand on the pillow next to my head. His other hand was stroking up and down my chest. He would stop every now and then and pat me on the cheek. I finally got up enough courage to ask him what was wrong. He mumbled something about Carolyn not putting out for him, that she had teased him then left him unsatisfied. He kept staring at me; he had such a weird look on his face. Then…then he grabbed me up into his arms and hugged me real tight. Like I said he was real strong and it was hard to breathe. I was to scared to do anything so I just let him hug me."

Martin stopped and took another drink emptying the glass. He held out his glass out and Danny filled it.

"Derrick started to stroke my back then slipped his hand down to my ass. He kept mumbling that I was the only one who loved me and he wanted to love me back. He wanted me to make him feel good. If I loved him I’d make him happy. I had no idea what he was talking about, but I knew that he was scaring me. I started struggling and he held my hands over my head. He was so much bigger and stronger that he held them down with one hand. With his other hand he ripped open my shirt and yanked my jeans off. I tried to kick out, but he slammed a fist in my stomach and I couldn’t get my breath back. I started screaming and he locked his mouth on mine. I can still remember his tongue in my mouth, I thought I was going to choke. When he took his tongue out of my throat he put his hand over my mouth. He began to kiss my throat and the whole time he was whispering how much he loved me and he wanted it to be good for me. He said that he would make it feel good for me. He said that I was the one person he would never let go. He kept one hand holding my arms down over my head, but the other one he let roam. He was pinching and squeezing any part of me that he could reach. He got his knees between mine and shoved his hand between my legs. God I still remember how it hurt. He shoved a finger inside and moved it around. I was still screaming into his hand. Then he stopped and cocked his head like he was listening for something. The hand he had over my mouth slid up and also covered my nose so I couldn’t breath. I can remember trying to breathe, but not being able to move. I blacked out."

Martin stopped and leaned his head back, shutting his eyes. He had been talking in a monotone, trying to distance himself from the past. He felt Jack stroke his hair, murmuring soothing nonsense in his ear. Danny was rubbing his shoulder trying to help in anyway he could. Unfortunately the worse revelations were yet to come.

Martin began to talk again. He let Jack and Danny continue to sooth him with small pats and strokes on his arms and shoulders.

"When I woke up, I was in my bathroom. I heard my mother talking to Derrick at the door of my bedroom. I noticed my ripped clothes lying on the floor next to me. I was naked and other than some red marks, my sore throat from screaming and the tears on my face, there was no evidence on my body that indicated Derrick had been about to rape me. As I was struggling to get to my feet Derrick came back into the bathroom and shut the door. I shrunk back against the wall. He knelt down next to me and put his hand on my throat. He said I love you little brother, but I won’t go to jail for you. Keep this in mind. You say anything about what happened and I’ll kill mom. You’re her favorite anyway. Besides who do you think dad will believe you or me? Dad thinks you’re a mommy’s boy anyway. And if someone does believe you then I’ll just kill them. I know how to kill real well. You’ll never see mom again. I of course believed him. I never told my parents about that night. Derrick left me alone until the night of my fourteenth birthday. My parents threw a big bash and I was having a good time. What kid wouldn’t have a great time? Mom had bought me a horse. Later that night, Derrick came home. I was getting ready to step into the shower when I heard arguing. I heard mom storm down the hall and slam her bedroom door shut. Dad and Derrick were screaming at each other. I hurried into the shower so I didn’t have to hear all the yelling. I was in there for about ten minutes, when I went into my bedroom Derrick was waiting. He grabbed me around the waist and put his hand over my mouth. He had a put some chloroform on a rag and had that over my mouth and nose. When I woke up he had me on the bed face down. He had used a ripped sheet and tied my wrists together, then tied them to the headboard. He had pulled off my pajamas and used the top to shove in my mouth and tie it like a gag. I couldn’t see him, but I could tell he was sitting between my legs. He had pulled them so far apart that I felt like I was being split open. He put his hands on my ass and pulled the cheeks apart. I felt something slick and then he slid his cold slimy fingers inside me. I found out later it was Vaseline, I guess I should be thankful that he used anything at all. I heard him muttering to himself. He kept saying the same shit he had said the first time about loving me and wanting me to love him. Then he…then he ra…raped me."

Here Martin stopped and swallowed the rest of his drink. As he stood up, the two men with him stood up.

"I just have to go to the bathroom, I’ll be back. I need to finish this, get it all out in the open," Martin said. He went down the hallway, never noticing that his two friends followed him.

They were waiting for him when he came out a couple of minutes later. Martin just shook his head at them, touched that they care enough to stay close.

As the men sat back down, Martin started to get another drink then realized that he had already had three and that was enough. He seemed to collect his thoughts then picked up the story.

"It hurt so bad. I really thought I was dying. Derrick dug his fingers into my hips so he could pull me up as he thrust downward. I was crying and trying to talk through the gag, begging him to stop. It felt like it lasted forever. He shoved in one last time and shuddered. I felt liquid running down my thighs and ass. This time though Derrick was in for a surprise. As soon as he took out that gag out I started screaming. The last thing I remember clearly is his fist heading straight for my face. From the things that my parents and the doctor later let slip I pieced together what happened then. My parents ran in and found Derrick by my bed his groin covered in blood. I was still tied to the bed, the lower half of my body covered in blood. Didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out. My dad had his gun with him and forced Derrick into the closet where he pistol-whipped him to knock him out. My mom had untied me. They carried me back to their room and put me to bed, my mom started cleaning me up. Dad called Dr. Phillips a neighbor to come over to look at me. After all we couldn’t go to a hospital that would be way to embarrassing for the family. Dr. Phillips kept me drugged for three days. He had to sew me up as Derrick had torn me when he raped me. Since there didn’t seem to be any internal damage he agreed with my parents about keeping it hushed up. When I finally came out of the drugged sleep, Derrick was gone; he had been forcibly institutionalized for the criminally insane and has been there ever since. My bedroom had been completely redone; its amazing what you can accomplish with money put in the right hands. Everyone pretended like nothing had happened. When I tried to talk to mom she just cried and hugged me so I quit trying to talk to her because no one likes to see his mom cry. Dad just told me to forget it. He said if I told anyone what had happened, then everyone would think I was lying. He said that I was such a mommy’s boy and since I was way to pretty to be a boy I probably asked for it. He said that it was a shame that the rough tough son was the one that was crazy. He said that he figured I would never amount to anything. That was the last time I talked to my father. It’s been ten years. I did find out that the reason Derrick was so mad that night is that Carolyn broke up with him. He had been going to use the chloroform on her, but her father was leery of Derrick and had sent her to another city to stay with an aunt that same day. I guess I was the next best thing. While he was pounding into me he told me that I was better than all the bitches and whores he’d had. My ass was so much tighter, he knew that I wanted it. My body was telling him to go deep and hard. He thought maybe he would just continue to use me whenever he felt like it. That’s when I decided to not just take it, because I knew that if I didn’t stop it he would try again and one of us would die. Found out later that Dad forced him into the military because he was getting into trouble and dad didn’t want it to reflect on his career. I think he had mental problems even back in high school. Little things he had done growing up that everyone thought was just a phase now made a lot of sense. Guess I just had enough today. Today is the ten year anniversary of the first time Derrick tried to rape me."

There was complete silence as Martin finished his story. Martin had tears on his cheeks, but he was crying silently. Jack wished Martin would jump up and scream and even throw things. It might help, but that wasn’t Martins way. That was not the way he was brought up.

Danny’s sensitive heart that he kept hidden under his cocky, smart-ass attitude felt like it was breaking. At the same time he felt a powerful anger filling him. He could not fathom how anyone could hurt the gentle soul sitting next to him. Danny reached out and grasped Martin to him. He wrapped his arms tightly around the slender body, rocking gently back and forth he soothed.

"Its’ okay, Martin. Damn them to hell anyway. Jack and I are here; we’re your family now. You’re not alone anymore."

Martin sighed as he allowed himself to relax into Danny’s embrace. It had been so long since he had felt safe and felt that he belonged somewhere. Mom had tried but she had been devastated by what happened.

Martin could feel Jack stroking the back of his head. Jack slid his arm around Martins shoulders and pulled the young man away from Danny and into his own arms.

"Don’t be so hard on yourself, Martin. You had no control over what your older brother did. Just as you had no control over what your father said. You were only a child. It was up to your parents to protect you." Jack stated emphatically.

Jack made sure to keep his arm around Martins shoulders. He could feel Martin shake a little and realized this was probably the first time Martin had opened up to anyone about his brother sexually assaulting him. Jack felt rage continue to build in him as he though about what Martin had been subjected to. Looking across at Danny, he saw an identical look on his lover’s face.

Leaning down, Jack started to press a kiss on the top of Martins hair. At that moment, Martin turned his face up to say something to his boss.

Jacks lips pressed against Martins. Both men froze in place. As Jack tried to pull away, Martin slid his arm around Jacks neck holding the older man in place. Martin went on the offensive. He licked at Jacks lip until they opened to him. Delving into the hot wetness, Martin moaned. It had been so long since he had been with a man, with anyone he had cared about. He was starved for affection and for a gentle loving touch. He had seen the glances that Jack and Danny had sent him. He had not been ready to start up a relationship so he ignored them until now.

Jack pressed Martin back until he had the young man lying back against Danny. Martin’s head ended up on Danny shoulder. Danny brushed the robe off Martins shoulders baring the hairless chest. As Jack turned the tables on Martin and took control of the kiss, Danny began to kiss on the side of the neck presented to him.

Jack pulled back and looking into Martins eyes he huskily asked, "Are you sure, Martin? You’ve had a really rough day. Samir then it happening on such a horrible anniversary. You’ve drank more tonight than I have seen you drink in the past. I don’t want to take advantage of you. We can stop. Danny and I won’t be angry and we’ll still be here tomorrow."

Martin his blue eyes sparkling with desire whispered "I’m sure, I want this with the two of you. I want you to make me feel better. I want you to make the day end better than it started, take some of the memories away. After talking about it I feel like his hands are on me. I want them erased by hands touch me with love and care."

Danny licked Martins ear and said "Then you got us, baby. We love you. We are going to make you feel so good. You just remember that you belong to us now, just like we belong to you. But I really think that we need to take this to the bedroom. We’ll all be more comfortable."

Jack stood up and pulled Martin with him. He kissed the young man again as Danny stood up behind his partner. Jack relinquished the sweet mouth as Danny scooped Martin up in his arms.

"I can walk, Danny. I’m not an invalid," Martin gently chided as he planted little kisses on his partner’s face.

"I know that, but I want you close. Beside you’re the rookie and you get to do as you’re told," Danny teased as he followed Jack down the hallway. They entered the bedroom and stopped dead in their tracks.

If they thought the living room was awesome, the bedroom was just as grand. A fireplace dominated one wall; one wall was a large picture window looking out over the New York skyline. A sliding glass door lead to a large balcony where they could see some cushioned patio furniture.

Martin had a king sized bed. The bed was the old fashioned kind with the four posts at the corners and a large headboard. The room was done in earth tone colors, as was most of the rest of the apartment. There was a large entertainment system against one wall. There was even a big screen TV in the room. The bedroom contained more personal items than the front room. There were a few pictures around and some knickknacks.

Martin was divested of his robe, but his pajama bottoms were left on for now. Danny and Jack slipped out of their shirts, shoes and socks followed. They left on their pants, not wanting to startle Martin who still seemed a little skittish.

Jack pulled Martin back against him and began to gently kiss the soft neck of his new lover. Jack kept one hand wrapped around Martins chin tilting the young mans head to give him better access not only to Martins neck but his mouth.

Martin was all but reclining against Jack, Danny pushed Martins legs apart and knelt between them. Danny put his hands on Martins waist and then began to suck, lick and bite the erect nipples. As Martin began to moan into Jacks mouth, Jack glanced at Danny who met his eyes. The two men had already decided that this was for their new lover. Whatever Martin wanted, Martin would get.

As Danny moved down the flat stomach, Jack let his free hand roam over Martins wet and rosy nipples. Jack pulled and pinched the sensitive skin as Martin began to writhe on the bed. The two men were very careful not to make any sudden moves or be rough. They wanted this to start out slow.

Danny carefully slipped the pajama bottoms down over the hard cock. He pulled the on the pajamas until Martin was completely naked. Danny took one look at Martins hard dripping cock and engulfed it completely in his mouth. Martin arched off the bed shoving his cock deeper into Danny’s throat. Jack who had not stopped kissing his young partner swallowed Martins scream.

Jack had began to stroke down the sleek stomach, he was surprised when Martin murmured between kisses.

"Rougher, I need to feel your hands. I don’t want to feel his hands anymore."

Jack shifted and let Martins head slip down his arm, this gave Jack freer access to the delectable neck. Biting and sucking down the arched neck, Jack reached the point where the shoulder blade met the neck. He sucked and as Martin reached up an arm to wrap it around the back of his neck, Jack bit down.

Martin ached up with a yelp that was cut off as Jack covered the luscious mouth with his hand. Danny had hold of the slim hips and was sucking and licking the hard shaft.

Danny used some of Martin s precum and coated his finger. Danny shifted a little and bent Martins legs, placing the slender feet flat on the bed. Pushing the knees further apart, Danny could see his objective. Martin’s entrance to his hot inner core was pulsating with need. Danny gently pushed his finger inside. He looked up to see how Martin handled the penetration.

As Martin moaned into Jacks mouth, Jack let his partner slide even further, until the dark haired beauty was lying flat on the bed.

Jack lay next to Martin and began put his attention back on the tender nipples. Jack would periodically stop and go back for a kiss. He could not seem to get enough of that fantastic mouth. He truly wanted to sink his cock into that hot wet mouth, but was not going to do it unless Martin wanted it. Martin was a little fragile right now and he would do nothing to hurt him.

Danny had slid two fingers into Martin and was pressing on the prostrate gland. Jack glanced at Danny and nodded his head.

Danny sucked on the wet hard cock, as he brushed across the prostrate gland. Jack reached for both nipples and pinched them as he kissed Martin shoving his tongue in deep.

Martin screamed as he felt his cock jerking and emptying down Danny’s throat. Jack swallowed Martins scream, bringing his hands away from the red nipples and wrapping them around his now limp partner.

Danny swallowed Martins load, licking the soft wet cock clean. Danny pulled his fingers out of the hot channel and went to get a towel to clean up.

Danny washed hands and rinsed his mouth out then brought the damp towel back in to the bedroom. He gently wiped Martins stomach and ass; the young man was in a deep sleep.

Standing next to the bed, the two men looked down at their new lover. Martin was a vision. He was sprawled on the bed with his legs still spread apart. He dark hair was tousled. His nipples were red and hard and there was a red mark where Jack had bitten his shoulder. Martins cock lay limp in a nest of golden brown curls.

He never moved as his two friends and new lovers carefully put his pajama bottoms back on and tucked him into the middle of the bed.

"He’ll be out until morning. I really don’t think he should be left alone," Danny said in an undertone to his boss.

"We’re not leaving him alone. It’s Friday night, we’ll be here all weekend unless he kicks us out and with the way he reacted I don’t think that’s a possibility. Although, he’ll probably blush something terrible come morning," Jack replied gazing fondly down at the young man in the bed.

"Shit, Jack look at him, he hardly looks like he’s out of high school let alone an FBI agent. If I didn’t know better I’d think we had just robbed the cradle," Danny laughed.

"At least we know he’s over the age of consent. In fact sounds like the boy is a little more adventuresome than he lets on, we could all have fun with some of that wildness. At least it’s something for all of us to think about. Martin is pretty fragile right now, we’re going to have to treat him with kid gloves," Jack mused glancing at Danny, to see how he took the thought. From the immediate hard one, Jack had to guess that Danny liked the thought real well.

Jack put his hand on the back of Danny’s head and huskily said, "Let’s you and I go to the nice big shower that I’m sure Martin has. We can take care of each other."

Danny willingly followed the older man to the bathroom. The men were flabbergasted. Not only was the shower huge, but there was a bathtub that was big enough for four people. In an adjoining room was a hot tub that would easily fit all three men. The two FBI agents decided that they would leave the bathtub and hot tub until Martin could join them. After all it was his apartment. In no time both men were soaped up and heating up the room. Danny placed his hands on the wall and wiggled his ass at Jack.

"Come on, Jack fill me up. It’s been a couple of days, and I need your hard cock inside filling me up and warming my insides," Danny groaned as Jack tweaked his nipples while biting down on the wet shoulder blade in front of him.

Jack soaped up his fingers and began pushing them in and out of Danny. Danny moved his hips trying to shove his ass deeper on the fingers that felt so good.

Pulling his fingers out Jack whispered, "Ready, Danny? Martin is part of the equation now and our new lover, but you belonged to me first. I won’t let either one of you go."

Jack lunged forward and impaled himself inside the hot passage. The two men had made love so many times that both men knew what the other one could take and what the other man needed.

Jack knew that Danny liked it hard and fast, at times he wanted Jack to claim him, surround him with his scent. While Danny wasn’t as needy as Martin, he had his own demons as did Jack. The men helped each other. Their relationship began as teammates then friends, for the last year since they had become lovers both men felt complete. They were comfortable with each other. With the addition of Martin they figured that there life away from the office was going to spice up real well.

Danny threw his head back to rest on Jacks shoulder. Jack gripped the slim hips tightly as he surged forward, even deeper into his lover.

Both men had been aroused by their earlier encounter with Martin so it was only a matter of minutes before Jack had pumped Danny to completion. Jack followed soon after when Danny’s muscles tightened around Jacks shaft.

The two men leaned against the wall. They were exhausted. It had been a long day. First Samir dying, then Martin confiding in them. The seduction of the young man while wonderful heightened their emotions. Now that they had spent themselves in the shower their fatigue set in. Quickly finishing their shower, they dried themselves off and hurried into the bedroom.

Martin was still sound asleep, only the top of his dark head was visible above the blankets.

After about ten minutes conferring about what they were going to do. Jack sent Danny to pick up clothes for both of them, enough to last over the weekend and to spend the night. He also had Danny pick up clothes for them to change into for work on Monday.

After checking on Martin again, Jack wandered around the apartment. Apartment was too quaint a term; it was more like a luxury suite. The rooms were so large that he figured the suite covered at least half of the 20th floor.

One of the bedrooms was done in different shades of blue. It was the basic guest bedroom. It had a big queen sized bed, with a beautiful quilt thrown over a quilt rack at the foot of the bed. The bed was covered in a soft down comforter. There was an old teddy bear sitting in the middle of the bed. A dresser was across one wall. There was a nineteen-inch TV on a stand in the corner of the room. A couple of pictures were on the wall. They both depicted outdoor scenes of mountains and woods. There were a few knickknacks sitting around and from Jacks viewpoint they all looked expensive. The bathroom was a standard bathroom with a regular shower also done in the same blue tones.

The second bedroom was done in hunter green, black and white. The same pieces of furniture were in this room. There were no knickknacks in this room. This room seemed very cold and austere. The bathroom was the same as the other one only in different colors.

The big difference about this room was the pile of packing boxes that lined one wall at least three deep. It was obvious that Martin had not unpacked the majority of his belongings. Jack felt a deep sense of misgiving when he thought about Martin not being sure of is place on the team. Feeling that he would have to move in the near future so why unpack. Jack resolved that this weekend he and Danny would help Martin unpack and settle in.

The den had a very homey atmosphere. The sofa and lounge were made of soft supple leather in a light brown color. The walls were paneled in a light oak that seemed to set off the whole room. The desk was made of solid oak and the top was neat as a pin. The carpet was done in brown and hunter green. There were a couple of file cabinets behind the desk. A small portable sat in the corner on another oak stand. One wall was filled with bookshelves that were filled to the brim with books. Looking closer Jack noticed that some of the books were very old and some were first editions.

Wandering back into the family room, Jack had to admit that besides Martins bedroom this was his favorite room. He noticed that hunter green seemed to be the predominant color in all the rooms except the blue bedroom. The furniture in the family room consisted of the leather sofa, loveseat and a couple of lounge chairs. There was another big screen TV against one wall next to another entertainment system. There was even a pool table in one corner of the room. Besides the window that covered one wall, there was a sliding glass door that led out onto the balcony. On the balcony were a couple of sets of patio furniture with deep comfortable cushions and a gas grill.

The furniture in the family room was either leather or oak. The two end tables had lamps that were brass. The pictures in this room were also of the outdoors. It was obvious that Martin liked the outdoors. Jack would have to remember that and be sure that the three of them did some camping.

The kitchen was pristine; there was not a thing out of place. There was very little food on the shelves or in the refrigerator. It was obvious that Martin did not spend a lot of time at home. It seemed to be just a place to sleep and clean up, much like a hotel room. Jack felt his heart clench as he again realized that his young agent figured he would not be around long enough to put down permanent roots.

As Jack was heading back down the hallway, Danny entered the apartment. He had a suitcase with him with an overnight case in the other hand.

"Got enough clothes, Danny?" Jack asked smiling. Danny was notorious for overpacking for trips. He said you had to have your necessities no matter where you were.

"Just brought the basics, Jack. Clothes for the weekend, toiletries and anything else I thought we might need. I stopped by the grocery store we use and gave them a list of stuff to deliver. The boy has no food in the kitchen. Figure its time he had some homecooked meals. Plan on pampering him the whole weekend," Danny said. He looked very proud of himself.

Jack led Danny down the hall and they put the luggage in the blue room. They did not think it was good to put the luggage in Martins room, which was presuming a lot.

Jack took Danny into the second bedroom and pointed out the unpacked boxes. The older agent saw the same realization sink into his lover’s eyes.

Jack gave Danny a quick hug.

"It’ll be okay. We’re here for him now. I was thinking that if Martins agreeable we could help him unpack this weekend. Keep his mind occupied."

"That sounds good, Jack. Where do we sleep? Personally I think we need to be close to him. Not just because I want to feel his skin next to ours, but to be there in case he has nightmares."

"I was thinking along the same lines. I don’t know about you, but I’m exhausted. Let’s just get ready for bed. I don’t want to rouse Martin, so we’ll just put him in the middle and that way we’ll know if he has any nightmares."

Twenty minutes later the two FBI agents crawled into bed. Both men had on pajama bottoms; they certainly did not want to shock Martin if the young agent woke up during the night. As soon as Jack was settled on his back, Martin shifted. The young man threw an arm over Jacks waist and put his head on Jacks shoulder.

Jack put his hand on Martins shoulder and stroked it.

"You awake, Martin?’

"Mm…mmm…a little." Martin murmured. He never opened his eyes, just snuggled closer to Jack. Ever since he had come to New York he just couldn’t seem to get warm.

Brushing hair out of the beautiful face, Jack asked, "Danny and I thought we would share your bed tonight. With the talk we had earlier, if you have nightmares we want to be close. Is that okay?"

"Okay. Where’s Danny?" Martin still had his eyes shut as he asked the question.

Danny smiled at Jack. He figured Martin was more asleep than awake. Danny felt a surge of emotion surge through him. He wanted Martin as a lover. He knew Jack felt the same way. He just had a feeling the three of them were going to be wonderful together. He also felt very protective of the younger man.

Danny slid close to Martin until his chest was touching the slender back of his partner.

"I’m right here, partner. I’m not going anywhere. I’m afraid you’re stuck with both of us."

Danny put his arm around Martin and then interlaced his fingers with Jack. Martin was nestled between the two men as Danny lay his leg on top of Martins.

"I like stuck…so tired…night." Martin whispered.

Jack felt Martins body relax and get heavy.

Jack leaned down and kissed Martins on the forehead, then raised up as Danny leaned down. The two men kissed then lay back down, Danny brushing a kiss across Martins cheek.

Jack heard Danny begin to breathe evenly and knew that his lover was sound asleep.

Jack smiled to himself as he realized that he finally had everything he ever wanted. He had people who loved him and he loved them. Life was great and it was going to get better. The day started out like a day from hell, but if you looked hard enough there is a silver lining to every cloud.

Jack shut his eyes and promptly went to sleep. All three men slept dreamlessly secure in the knowledge that they were together and safe in each other’s arms.

 

END PART 1

TBC