FIC: Dukesblade: Not Daisy(gen)

Author: Selena

kennedy_bowman@yahoo.co.uk

Fandoms: Wicthblade and Dukes of Hazzard

Pairing: Luke/Sara

Rating: PG 13

Warning: It gets sillier still

Disclaimer: I still don’t own any of the characters in this story, or any of the ideas from other shows that may appear here.


Not Daisy
By Selena


Ian stood in the shadows and watched as the strange coloured car pulled up outside the ramshackle tavern house. He saw the two cousins’ of the Daisy wench climb out. He scowled. He hated them, he hated being here. The only thing that made this place bearable was the promise of Sara. He could smell her on he wind, still feel the touch of her hand on his skin. Suddenly there she was. The child, Gabriel scraped his way out of the car, falling on the ground, he picked himself up while the blonde goof laughed. Sara slid gracefully out of the window, feet landing out the floor with confidence. She bent down the help Gabriel stand up, even though he had already managed it himself. As always, the concern she had for he friends struck a nerve in him, he smiled slightly. He shrank back a little as they walked passed his hiding place, lifting his head as he caught the subtle scent of Sara’s perfume. He scowled again, and slunk away.

“So, this is the local hangout then” Gabriel said looking around at the semi large sized room.

“Yeah, you got a problem with it?” Bo demanded, leaning threateningly close to him.

“No problem, friend. I was just asking.” Gabriel took a step away from Bo.

Sara followed Luke to the bar, where the both pulled up stools and sat down, leaving Bo and Gabriel to their argument. They had been arguing all the way here.

“So,” Sara began. “Which one of us should go first?”

“Well I recon that you might know a bit more about this then I do. So why don’t you go first. Explain this to me. And to anyone else who may have trouble following this plot.”

Sara sighed and looked at the glass of week beer that the bartender had handed to her.

“Ok, here goes.”

Luke’s mouth almost hit the floor as she told him the story of how she found the blade, and the things she had done to protect it. Of course he had no idea of how she had killed to protect it. She had left out how she had killed Kenneth Irons, twice. She didn’t want to frighten him away.

“That’s some tale you got there.”

“You know I wouldn’t blame you if you thought I was crazy. Hell I’m having some trouble believing my own sanity, especially with this new twist. I have to get the Witchblade back. Ok your turn”

“Um, well it started about two months ago. Daisy was at work, here at the Boars nest. Bo and I were out driving around, because that is all we ever seem to be doing. When she left the farm that morning she was fine, she was normal. But when me and Bo got here that lunchtime, she was different. Cold, distant. And she was being way to friendly with Boss Hogg for it to be good. She wouldn’t even talk to Uncle Jesse. Poor Jesse couldn’t take the change in Daisy, and had a hear attack. He’s now in a hospital in Atlanta.” Luke broke off, trying hard to hold back his tears. Sara put an arm around him and pulled him into a cautious hug.

“Oh Luke, I’m so sorry” She said, “Is he going to be all right?”

“The Doctors are optimistic, but I guess it really depends on the outcome of this story.”

“Tell me, how did Daisy get hold of the Blade?”

“Honestly I don’t know. She had it when we saw her that day, she must have found it on her way to work. But its like the moment she it on, she became a different person. Almost evil.”

Sara nodded. “The blade does have its own personality. It will attempt to control the bearer. It tried it with me, but I am just to strong, it couldn’t control me.”

“But I thought that you said it was good weapon.”

“Good is a relative term, I don’t think the it knows what it wants to be. There are two sides to everything, and the Blade does have its dark side. And will exploit the dark side of the wielder. Does your Daisy have a dark side?”

“Yes, she does. It doesn’t get out much, but when she is angry she can be wildcat. Do you realize that everything that you have just said is a
contradiction?”

“Yes, yes I do.”

“Oh”

“And I do know that what ever has happened to you cousin, whoever she is now, it’s not her. It’s not Daisy.”

“That helps. Not much, but it helps”

A sudden noise made the both turn round. Bo was lying on the floor, the remnants of a broken table spilled around him.

“Oh I’m really gonna get you for that?” he snarled

“It was and accident,” Gabriel protested “I tripped”

“Oh I’ll give you an accident”

Sara and Luke jumped up from their seats and flew over to their respective friends.

“Ok you two.” Luke warned. “We have already told you about this. This is the last time. Either of you start again, you will be sent to farm and be
grounded for the rest of the adventure.” He gave them both a stern look. Bo picked himself up, and dusted himself off.

“Sorry” They mumbled in unison

Sara smiled slyly at him “Hey, I’m impressed”

“Of course you are. I’m all manly, are you going to fall into my arms yet?”

“No, but maybe later”

Meanwhile behind the door of Boss’s office, someone has been listening to everything Luke and Sara had been saying.

“Oh I hate those Duke boys.” Boss Hogg complained, “They always manage to foil all my plans.”

`“It’s not them you have to worry about” The strange business from New York said crisply. “It’s her”



END PART 3