Dukesblade: Daisy shows up (at last)

Author: Selena

kennedy_bowman@yahoo.co.uk

Fandom: Dukes of Hazzard/Witchblade

Series: 5th in the Dukesblade series

Pairing: None in this chapter

Rating: PG13

Summery: Daisy shows up

Warnings: Slight Daisy bashing

Disclaimer: None of them belong to me, darn it.



Daisy Shows Up (At Last)
by Selena


Daisy Duke slammed on the brakes bringing her jeep to a hard stop, just inches away from the hooded figure standing in the middle of the road. She climbed out of the jeep and moved to stand in front of the strange man, her eyes flashing with anger.

“Just what the hell do you thing you is doing?” She spat. The man swiftly brought up a hand to deflect the blow, easily catching Daisy’s hand as she threw her punch. Ian’s gloved fingers lightly traced to edges of the Witchblade.

“She is here now,” Ian all but whispered. Daisy hardly caught the words.“She is here now, and you are going to lose this.”

“No, no I won’t. It’s mine and there is nothing that anyone can do about it.”

“What are you going to do, Daisy? What do you plan to use it for? What are your goals? You are not part of this, you are not real. The Blade was brought here by unhappy accident and my master followed it through time and space. He had to find it and instead he found you.” Ian’s fingers left the blazing red gem and flicked over to stroke the curve of Daisy’s cheek. “You are but half the woman she is, she will beat you.”

“Oh, I don’t think so Buddy. This here is Hazzard County. And around here I’m the best there is.”

“Maybe you were, Daisy Duke. But not anymore.” And then he was gone. Daisy blinked and looked around her, but there was no sign of Iron’s mysterious bodyguard.

“That guy needs some serious help.” She muttered to herself as she climbed back into her jeep, the tires screeched as she tore off towards the Boar’s Nest. Ian stood off to one side of the old dusty road watching the retreating vehicle, his eyes narrowed. He knew where she was going, she was going to him. Ian turned away and began a slow walk in the direction he knew would take him to his beloved Sara.

“I want you to tell your ‘friend’ to stay away from me!” Daisy yelled as she stalked through the door to boss’s office.

“Miss Duke, would you please refrain from raising your voice, ladies do not shout.”

“Sorry, Mr. Irons.” Daisy said meekly as she sat down.

“Now, my dear. What has Ian done?” Irons said, his voice dripping with false concern.

“He said that she was here and she was going to get me.” Daisy sniffed and ran an arm across her face. Irons sighed and reached into his breast pocket for a handkerchief, which he gave to the crying girl.

“You have nothing to worry about, not from Ian and certainly not from Sara Pezzini. Now sit up and show some backbone, girl. That bracelet is on your wrist for a reason it’s about time you did something to show that you deserve it.”

“Yes sir Mr. Irons. I’m sorry. Is there something you would like me to do?”

“Yes, Daisy there is. Oh, Mr. Hogg?” Irons called to the fat little man who sat at his desk, talking on the phone. Irons noted that the vile piglet looked rather pleased with himself. Boss hung up the phone and turned to face the other two.

“Yes, Kenneth. Um I mean Mr. Irons.”

“You look rather happy, good news I trust.”

“Why yes, my loyal sheriff informs me that we have an acquaintance of yours in police custody.”

A slow smile spread across the businessman’s face. “Sara?”

“The girl? Uh no she got away. But we have her little friend along with Bo Duke.”

Iron’s smile vanished and was replaced with a tight scowl.

“I don’t care about the Duke’s. They are but a nuisance compared with Sara.” Iron’s gracefully stood up and began to pace the cramped quarters.

“Well, we got two of them. I’m sure that my men will catch the other two.”

“Your men couldn’t catch a cold. But wait; maybe I can use this to my advantage. You have the boy, you say?”

“Yup, all looked up tight at the sheriff’s office.”

“Then Sara will come for him, and you will be ready for her.”



END PART 5