Title: Voyage Journey 9: Hotline

Author: Carol

wsh2@webtv.net

Pairing: Lee/Harri

Rating: G; slash

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters; no infringement intended.

Notes: Ninth in the series.


Voyage Journey 9: Hotline
by Carol

"To our homes; where ever they might be."

With those words Gregori Malinov, Harriman Nelson, Lee Crane, and Chip Morton clicked their champagne glasses together, saluting the country each held dear. The four men chatted for a few more minutes, but the three officers each had vital work to do so the conversation didn't last too long.

Now, it was later in the day, and Nelson had not seen Captain Crane for much of that time. Lee, of course, had been there to welcome and congratulate him when he had returned from successfully neutralized the Soviet-made satellite. In fact, Crane always seemed to be in the missile room to help the Admiral remove his wetsuit, when possible. ***Usually Lee stops by, sometimes just to talk, several times a day. I wonder if there is something wrong?***

Nelson decided to check out the Control Room and see what was going on and if the beautiful man that he had grown to love was there. Walking into the Control Room, he did not immediately see the slender figure of the brunet. "Uh Chip, have you seen the Captain?"

Quietly, Chip Morton turned around and looked at his Admiral. He nodded briefly and pointed to a darkened corner of the Front Porch where a vague shadow of a man could be seen. "Oh, thanks, Chip."

Nelson walked further forward towards the herculite windows, closing the crash doors behind him. He said nothing to Crane for the moment, but took the opportunity to walk to the windows and stare out for awhile.

Finally, in an extremely quiet voice that Nelson could barely hear, Crane asked, "Is there a problem, Admiral?"

Now that his eyes were adjusted to the darkness, Nelson turned around and looked at his friend. "No, no - none that I'm aware of, Lee . . ..unless , . .?"

"Unless what, sir?"

"IS there something wrong, Lee?"

"I don't understand, sir." These words were said with Crane's head virtually laying on his chest and his voice just above a whisper.

"Lee, you seemed in good spirits this morning, but I haven't seen you all day and I just wondered ? well really, I was worried."

"Worried about what, sir?"

"You," Nelson said in a whisper.

"Oh, I'm fine; just a little tired and emotionally drained. After all, the world almost ended today for much of this area of the Pacific. By the way, congratulations again, on the job that you did defusing the bomb. I know of very few men on earth who could have done it."

"Thanks, Lee, but we all did our part ? even the fake Gronski helped, in part."

"Yes well, I'll say goodnight, sir." Lee Crane stood to leave, but Nelson put out his hand and touched his friend's arm.

"Lee, can't you tell me what's wrong? You know that you can tell me anything ? anything at all."

The beautiful hazel eyes looked directly into the blue ones for several lingering seconds, as if weighing the dangers of telling the truth. "I'm just tired, sir. Sorry, I'll be more myself tomorrow."

"Lee, are you angry with me, for something that I've done? Please tell me."

"Angry - why would I be angry? After all, once again, you risked your life, but succeeded above and beyond the call. Your duty has been done and the world is set right again;"

Nelson stood there stunned. "Lee, I don't understand. You know I had to go out there and disarm that bomb. Malinov couldn't have done it. Are you jealous of me doing that?"

Crane put his hand to his forehead and rubbed it as he always did when he was disturbed.
"No, no, of course not. I understand that, but why is it always you? When we were waiting to hear about the disarming process - when you said there was a short ? when we waited to hear if you were successful, all I could think of was, 'What would I do if I lost you'?"

"Oh, Lee - I guess I didn't realize the way the boat must have been feeling waiting for me to report. I am so sorry."

Crane's hazel eyes bore into his friend's. "Admiral, I know I was the one who gave the report to the President, but the only thing I could think of was that I hadn't lost you. I didn't care about you saving California or whatever. Don't you understand, Admiral? I . . . I. . .care about you so much and every time you do something like this, I die a little bit, wondering if you are going to come back."

With those words, Lee Crane was suddenly pulled into the arms of Harriman Nelson. "Oh, Lee; I am so sorry that I've been such a blockhead. I guess I think of you as always in control. You are always so organized, so controlled that I forget that you are so human as well. Lee Crane, I feel the same way when you insist on doing so many dangerous things yourself. Don't you know I love you, my dear Captain?"

For the next several moments the two men embraced, kissed, and laved each other. Suddenly, they both realized that the Front Porch with only the crash doors for privacy was probably not a good idea.

"Lee, I have been so worried about you all day. Why didn't you come and talk to me earlier?"

Crane moved away from his friend although Nelson insisted upon holding his slender hand. "I guess when I heard all those congratulations from the President and others that you earned, I was kind of awestruck by your achievement. When you're here on SEAVIEW I forget that you are the world famous four-star genius, but something like this makes me remember really fast. I guess I just couldn't handle it."

The thought of Lee Crane being shy around him, perplexed and overwhelmed the Admiral. "Now you listen to me, Lee Crane. I am just plain old Harri Nelson, the man who loves you more than anyone on earth. I don't want you ever to be shy around me. I want you with me always. I want you in my bed and in my arms. With us, there are just two men who love each other - that is, if you do love me?"

The insecurity in that question bolstered Lee Crane's morale a great deal. *** Imagine the great scientist isn't actually sure if I love him. As if I could do anything else around his dynamic and charismatic personality. Oh, Harri. I promise I will show you every day of the rest of my life, how much I love you.***

"Harriman Nelson, you need never worry about that. I love you so much that even if you didn't love me, I would have enough love for both of us. In fact, how about I tuck you in your bunk and show you how I feel?"

Harriman Nelson laughed quietly out of sheer joy at hearing those words. "Sounds absolutely wonderful, my dear Lee. But, I believe in equal opportunity, so tomorrow night, I will tuck you in your bunk and show you my very great love. How's that?"

"Admiral, no wonder you are considered to be such a genius. And since we will have shore leave coming up after that, we will have to sit down and plan the strategy and logistics for maintaining this "equal opportunity" loving.

Grinning from ear to ear, Nelson kissed the palm of Crane's hand. "Come on, Captain. Let's start planning our strategy right now."
"Aye, aye, sir."


THE END