Title: Voyage Journey 7: Turn Back The Clock

Author: Carol

wsh2@webtv.net

Pairing: Lee/Harri

Rating: PG; slash

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters; no infringement intended.

Notes: Seventh in the Series


Voyage Journey 7: Turn Back The Clock
by Carol


Admiral Harriman Nelson once again sat behind his desk at the Nelson Institute Of Marine Research. He, the Dennings, and many of the personnel from the Institute and the Seaview had just returned from a memorial service for the two scientists who had lost their lives during the Denning - NIMR project at the Antarctic.

It seemed strange to be talking about these men now, when it had been assumed that they had been lost over nine months ago when the expedition had begun, but the rescue of Jason Kemper had finally resolved most of the mystery about the ill-fated trip. The only survivor proved to be Dr. Denning, who, along with his daughter Carol were now being escorted home by the Captain of the Seaview, Lee Crane.

Nelson felt vaguely uneasy. Carol Denning had been the girlfriend of Jason Kemper before the expedition, but now she was free to see whomever she wanted. Nelson had always liked the young woman who had maintained her poise during the days that her father was missing. In fact, it was primarily because of her that Nelson continued to hope that the expedition had survived. She had clung with an obstinate passion to the idea that her father was still alive, even when all evidence pointed to the contrary. That was one of the reasons that Nelson had asked Lee Crane to stay in contact with the pretty young woman so that if any new evidence was found, Nelson would be able to reach her.

Unfortunately, Lee Crane, being the gung-ho individual that he was, took the assignment up with rather too much enthusiasm - in Nelson's opinion. Although Nelson did not keep a running account of their plans, he knew that Crane and the dark-haired girl had seen each other rather frequently, and frankly, it disturbed him. Not that Carol was not a wonderful person and would make a great wife, but she was seeing Lee Crane and the thought that Crane might decide to settle down with her, terrified the four-star Admiral.

Admiral Harriman Nelson had been in love with his dynamic, energetic Captain for several years. When the young Lieutenant Crane had come on board the Nautilus, the blue eyes of the Admiral had taken one look and fallen for the young, slender body. Over the years that affection had turned into a deep, mature love, but nothing had ever been said between the two men, and now it could certainly be too late.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and Lee Crane entered. "I'm back, sir. Was there something you wanted to see me about before I head for my apartment?"

"Oh, I wasn't sure if you were planning to return to the Institute tonight, or I would have reserved us a table somewhere. Are you hungry?"

Lee Crane smiled his brilliant smile. "To tell the truth, I'm not. Carol and her father treated me to a wonderful meal at a local restaurant. - really great Greek food, so I guess I'll head on home."

"Uh, Lee, I'm planning to go see the wives of the scientists we lost, but I thought in a day or two, we might take the SILVER DREAM out for a sail. We could even go up the coast for a few days."

"Gee, thanks Admiral, but Carol and Dr. Denning have invited me out to their place for a couple of days. I told them that they should have the time to themselves, but they insisted so I guess, I won't be around. I have to call Chip and cancel our golf date so I better get going."

"Of course, Lee. Say hello to the Dennings and enjoy yourself."

After Lee Crane left, the Admiral sat in his chair with his head buried in his upright hands. He suddenly had a tremendous headache behind his eyes, and, if truth be told, a tremendous heartache right in the center of his chest. Oh, Lee. Am I losing you? I know I am a selfish bastard to not want you to find happiness with Carol or someone else, but I do love you so.

Finally, Harriman Nelson lifted his head and made a decision. *** Harriman Nelson, you had a life before Lee Crane entered it, and you can survive without him in it. You may just have to get used to the idea that Lee has someone else in his life. Just because he has spent the last several months being with you and being your constant companion, doesn't mean that's the way that it will always be. So get a life, Nelson!***

Saying that, however, was easier than doing it. Nelson threw himself into his Institute work and met with several important individuals. He even tried to go sailing, but it wasn't the same without his Lee. Looking at his sleek catamaran, he fondly remembered all the good times that he and his friend had spent on board his beloved boat. Lee loved to sail her as much or more than Nelson did and now, probably, it was all gone. What's the use of keeping the boat if I'm too busy to go out on her and . . . Lee won't be around to sail with me, anymore?

In a flash, Nelson made another decision. Resolutely he straightened his shoulders and walked back up the jetty to his car.

On Friday morning, Lee Crane entered the Admiral's outer office where Nelson's secretary was busy typing. "Morning, Angie, is the boss in?"

"Well, you're back and looking very fit."

"Well, this is shore leave. The Dennings and I went up the coast and did some relaxing. It was great, but I guess I just can't stay away from this place."

Angie gave the beautiful man a look like she understood perfectly well, what or rather who drew Lee Crane to the Institute, but said nothing except, "Well, he's not in. He's out at the Silver Dream's jetty with some sort of appraiser."

"Appraiser ? what does he need one of those for? He knows the approximate value of her - after all, he practically built her himself."

"Yes, but when you're going to sell a valuable boat like the Silver Dream, you can't just make an approximate guess."

"What did you say? He's going to sell the SILVER DREAM - that's impossible! He loves her almost as much as the SEAVIEW."

"Well, that's what I thought, but that's where he is right now, and I think he has a buyer."

Without a word, Lee Crane rushed out of the office, jumped into his red convertible and rushed to the SILVER DREAM jetty. Fortunately, the appraiser was long gone because Lee Crane's long legs were carrying him forward like a tidal wave preparing to hit the mainland, full force.

He saw his red-haired friend sitting on the deck, in deep contemplation and looking decidedly forlorn. Without formalities, Crane launched into his attack. "What the heck are you doing, Admiral? Angie told me that you are having SILVER DREAM appraised so that she can be sold. Are you out of your mind? You can't do that."

With a slight sense of humor, but a great deal of hurt, Nelson returned fire. "She's my boat, and I will damn well sell her if I want to."

Both men stood facing each other with postures doing stubborn very well. Neither man spoke for several minutes, but finally their anger cooled down. "Admiral, I'm sorry. I guess I'm just upset. I go away for a few days, and when I return, this (waving his arm around the SILVER DREAM) has happened."

Bringing up Crane's recent trip with the Dennings set the Admiral off again. "Lee, you know I don't get out on the DREAM like I should. I have a buyer, and I just thought this might be the time to make a change."

A degree of hurt entered the beautiful hazel eyes of the man that Nelson loved so well. "Of course, you have the right to sell her, Admiral, but I just kind of thought that you . . .well, you would have talked it over with me, first."

Vaguely surprised, by these words, Nelson was not quite sure what to say. "Lee, uh, you weren't here, remember?" Then when the thought of where Crane was, hit him, Nelson's words came out more harshly than he had originally intended. "You didn't seem interested in going out with me when I asked, so I went out by myself. Slumping slightly, Nelson continued, " It just didn't seem as exciting as it used to. Besides, I'm so busy that I just can't find the time anymore."

"You could if you wanted to. Don't you want you and me to go out sailing anymore? I thought you enjoyed that?"

Quickly, too quickly, Nelson rejoined, "Oh, I did, Lee. I really enjoyed that, but . . .well,
I guess I'm going to have to be blunt. Lee, I have enjoyed your companionship very much on board the DREAM and everything else we've done, but I've come to realize that you might not want to always do those things."

With complete puzzlement on his face, Lee Crane asked, "Why wouldn't I?"

Looking slightly stunned, Nelson explained, "Lee, one of these days you'll want a family, and they'll take your time - as they rightly should. You can't spend time with your boss when you've got a wife and kids."

"Admiral, you've already got me married off. Besides, what makes you think I want a wife and kids. You know how I feel about commanding the SEAVIEW. She is my lady friend right now, and I don't have time for anyone else."

"Lee, I could see how it was with you and Carol Denning. She's a wonderful girl. She's talented and got a brain. You two get along so well, I just thought. . .well."

"Admiral Harriman Nelson, are you trying to play matchmaker for me?"

A blush came to Nelson's face that matched his red hair. I'd love to match-make for you all right, but not with Carol Denning. "Of course not, Lee. You know your own mind, but we have to be realistic. Why would you want to spend your free time with a crusty, bad-tempered, workaholic when you could be with someone like Carol?"

Suddenly, Lee Crane smiled his million-watt smile. He face took on a look as if enlightenment had arrived. "I see, Admiral. You are concerned about my future, is that it?"

Looking faintly nervous, Nelson spoke up, "That's it, Lee. You know you always have a place here at NIMR, but you also have to think about your personal life. I only want your happiness, no matter what else."

Lee Crane's eyes took on an extremely soft, affectionate look. He licked his lips sensuously and smiled again, "That's exactly, what I have been doing, Admiral. Ever since I joined the SEAVIEW I have been thinking about my personal life and my future."

"Oh, that's good and do you have plans?"

"Indeed, I do, my friend. Would you please follow me down to the lower deck so that we can discuss them with a bit more privacy?"

Now Nelson was the puzzled one, but he gladly followed his friend out of the bright sunlight. As soon as he had descended, however, into the gloomier depths of the main cabin, his body was attacked and thrown on the sofa/bunk that had been placed there for guests. His shirt was ripped from his body, and gorgeous, sensual lips began to ravish his pink nipples. "Lee, what are . . . ?"

Nelson got no further, however, because the luscious lips quickly covered his own and a round of kissing ensued,which only stopped when both men were totally out of breath. Since Crane's lithe body lay almost totally on top of the stockier man, Nelson was unable to go anywhere - not that he wanted to.

"Admiral, you have got to be the most blind genius in the world. Here are my future plans in detail:

I am going to send you into ecstasy tonight on board this beautiful boat which you are not going to sell.

I am going to make love to you, every day for the rest of this shore leave.

I am going to screw you into the mattress every night and every day that I can for the next 50 years.

And finally, I am going to tell you that I love you and prove it to you in every way that I can until you tell me that you are tired of me and want a new lover.

Now what do you think of those plans?"

A tingle shot through Nelson's groin, and he felt such laughter well up inside of him that he had to hug his beloved for several moments without expressing any words. Finally, he kissed the glorious lips and said, "My dearest Lee, I apologize for saying that you had been making no future plans. You sound like you've got this well in hand - including, various parts of my anatomy," as Nelson looked at the long, slender fingers caressing his imprisoned cock.

"You better believe it, Admiral. Now, no more jealousy of Carol or anybody else. You are the one I want, and I am going to put part one of my plan into effect immediately, so strip for me love."

Nelson began to remove his trousers, but stopped suddenly. "Lee, maybe you better shut the curtains, we wouldn't want anyone getting a view that might prove embarrassing."

Lee Crane's eyes and face took on a mischievous look. "Oh, I don't know; I was thinking we should go to the upper deck and give everybody a real show. That way, everybody will know that you're mine and that I am making my claim for good and always."

Harriman Nelson reached up and put his arms around his beloved's neck and drew him down into a long, tender embrace. Finally, the two broke apart slightly. Keeping their lips within a breath's distance of each other, Nelson whispered, "Lee, you don't have to worry about announcing that. Anybody, who has ever seen me look at you, has known right away that I'm yours, forever."

Lee Crane, smiled at his friend and lover, "Thank you, Admiral for giving me so much happiness."


THE END