Title: Voyage Journey 6: The Sky is Falling

Author: Carol

wsh2@webtv.net

Pairing: Lee/Harri

Rating: G; slash

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters; no infringement intended.

Notes: Sixth in the series. This is totally PWP.

 

Voyage Journey 6: The Sky is Falling
by Carol


A half-full bottle of champagne sat on Admiral Harriman Nelson's desk. Two men stood drinking a glass of champagne. One was Harriman Nelson, creator of the submarine, SEAVIEW. Although both men had already drunk some champagne, their demeanor still appeared to be sober, but it was clear that the two were enjoying the moment.

"Once again, Captain Crane, I lift my glass to you. Today, you saved the world. I congratulate you on a job well done."

Lee Crane's face sparkled and his grin was enough to light up several city blocks. "Thank you very much, Admiral, but it was really nothing. Of course, for a moment, I thought that Rear Admiral Tobin was going to draw and quarter me, but then he calmed down."

"How could he argue with success, my very dear Captain? I ask you that now, how could he argue with success? Besides, I wouldn't have let him touch one hair on that beautiful body of yours."

Lee Crane swayed slightly, but quickly righted himself. "Did you say that I was beautiful; no, it's you that are beautiful - from your soft, shining red hair to those gorgeous (looking down at the floor) toes that you cover up, for some reason, with those black shoes."

"Oh, Captain - you say the sweetest things; I could just kiss you for that."

"Well, why don't you - if that's what you want?"

Harriman Nelson immediately leaned over slightly and picked up Crane's free hand. Smiling up at the beautiful brunet, Nelson kissed the palm and then each finger carefully.
"Hmmm! You taste so good."

"Sure, I spilled champagne all over myself just a few minutes ago."

"That's not what I meant, but you still taste great and look even better."

Both men tried to look each other in the eye, but somehow their bodies would not align. Crane would sway one way when Nelson would sway the other way. Finally, the two broke out laughing so hard that they both had to sit down on the nearby bunk and chair.

"You know, Lee. I think that you are a wee bit drunk. You better not let old Tobin see you like that; he still might make you walk the plank or something."

"I'm not drunk, Admiral, but it is hot in here so maybe I better go to my cabin and freshen up a little bit."

"Good idea; I think you've got the watch in a few hours."

Crane opened the cabin door and peeked out, but did not leave. Finally, he turned back to look at the Admiral. "Excuse me, sir; but could you tell me which way is my cabin?"

Nelson suddenly got a blank look on his face. "You're the Captain of this vessel; you should know a thing like that."

Suddenly, the Exec, Chip Morton appeared at Nelson's door. Opening it gently because Crane was still hanging onto the door knob, Morton cleared his throat and said, "Excuse me, sir, but you asked me to stop by in exactly one hour and . . .uh, . . .help Captain Crane to his cabin. I am here to do so."

"Excellent, Mr. Morton. Lead him to his cabin, please. I think he needs to get some rest.
After all, he saved the world today, but the rest of our celebrating will wait until later."

As Chip Morton led his friend out the cabin door, Nelson suddenly remembered, "Oh, Mr. Morton, steer the Captain away from Rear Admiral Tobin's guest cabin, and be sure he remembers to report to me at exactly 22 00 hours."

"Aye, aye, sir," as one set of blue eyes winked at the other.


The End