Title: Voyage Journey 5: The Price of Doom

Author: Carol

wsh2@webtv.net

Pairing: Lee/Harri

Rating: PG; slash

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters; no infringement intended.

Notes: Fifth in the series.


Voyage Journey 5: The Price of Doom
by Carol


As Dr. Reisner left Harriman Nelson, the Admiral quickly went down to the missile room to see if his beloved friend, Lee Crane had returned from his swim in the cold waters. Once again, Lee Crane had saved the SEAVIEW. Crane's efforts in destroying the plankton had saved all of them. Now, the red-haired genius wanted to check that his lover was all right and welcome him on board the boat.

When Nelson arrived, however, Crane's wetsuit was the only evidence of the handsome Captain. "Uh, where is the Captain?"

One of the crewman replied, "He's already come aboard. He seemed to be in a hurry so he stripped out of his suit and left. He didn't say anymore."

These words vaguely disturbed Nelson, so he decided to check in Crane's cabin. Nelson quickly went to his friend's door and knocked, but there was no answer. Opening the door, he noticed that there were no lights. Hesitating slightly, wondering what had happened to the man he loved, Nelson was suddenly grabbed from behind and quickly turned around. Before he could resist, however, the gorgeous mouth of Lee Crane was pressed upon his own lips, locking them in an ecstasy-filled embrace.

This embrace lasted for several seconds until the two men were out of breath. Then the two broke apart, slightly. The long, slender hand of Lee Crane found the light switch as well as something else of Nelson's anatomy and turned both on. Nelson let out a groan. Looking at the million-dollar smile of Lee Crane, Nelson gasped, "Wow, and I was going to welcome you!"

Lee Crane laughed and hugged his lover again. "Oh, Admiral, didn't you know? I have become the official welcoming committee of the submarine, SEAVIEW?"

"Whaaat? You welcome everybody like you just did me?"

Lee Crane continued to hold his lover in his arms and looked directly into the beautiful blue eyes of his friend. "Oh, no - not at all. I signed up for the job on the basis of one very big stipulation," Crane protested with a very mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

Smiling affectionately, Nelson inquired, "And what might that stipulation be?"

"Oh, sir. Don't you know? I am the welcome wagon for one person and one person only - you and only you."

"Well, you better obey that stipulation to the letter, mister - otherwise, I'll have you court-martialed."

"Oh, I intend to, sir. You don't have to worry, and besides that this position has real job security."

Leaning over and kissing Crane's lips and exposed neck, Nelson looked at his friend. "Oh, and what do you mean by that?"

Crane leaned over and gave his Admiral a devastating kiss which once again left the two men breathless. After several more minutes of laving, nuzzling, and kissing, Crane finally replied.

"Admiral, you know me pretty well. I'm a very practical guy, and I want things spelled out for me."

Nelson nodded briefly, "Go on."

"Well, when I applied for this job, I insisted that it be for forever - so you have to honor that condition." Crane's look turned very soft and slightly sad. "Promise, you'll never leave me. When we got separated while fighting that plankton and then the intercom got cut off, that is as far as I ever want to be separated from you. Promise me, Harri."

Four-star Admiral Harriman Nelson grew misty-eyed and looked with such love into the beautiful hazel eyes of his friend that he could barely speak. With a voice that had rapidly become hoarse, he replied, "My dearest one, I will do my very best; you know that. And as for you, mister - no more letting that plankton grab you, if anybody is going to grab your beautiful body - it is goin to be me!"


THE END