Title: Voyage Journey 3: The Fear Makers

Author: Carol

wsh2@webtv.net

Pairing: Lee/Harri

Rating: PG; slash

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters; no infringement intended.

Notes: Third in the series.

 

Voyage Journey 3: The Fear Makers
by Carol


Admiral Harriman Nelson sat at his desk, looking at the slender, young man who stood before him.. Lee Crane was the love of his life and yet, thanks to the fear gas that Martin Davis had introduced into the ventilation system, they had had an angry confrontation.

It was obvious that Crane was upset by the incident since he was not sitting at his usual position on the edge of the Admiral's desk. "Sir, I just wanted to apologize for the things that I said to you. I hope you know that it was only the gas that made me say that I wouldn't allow myself and my men to die because of you." At that point the beautiful brunet stopped, appearing to be very embarrassed by having to repeat the words again.

Nelson's heart ached for the man he loved so much. "Of course, Lee, I understand. I said a lot of things that I'm not too proud of. In fact, I seem to have been out of control even before Kenner's fear gas was released. The loss of the Polidor really shook me up and then the government insisting that Kenner go along; well, that really disturbed me. It seemed like everybody was questioning my abilities, and I'm afraid that I took it out on you."

Lee Crane gave his friend a sympathetic smile. "Admiral, you are exhausted. You've carried the burden of this whole thing long enough. Why don't you lie down on your bunk for awhile."

Nelson felt a tremendous headache around his eyes and all his muscles were tensed up. ***Lee's right; I really could use some relaxation.*** "Uh, sounds good Lee; why don't you join me?"

Nelson then held out his hand and took the beautiful Captain's hand in his, leading him to the bunk. Both men loosened their clothing slightly, cuddling up to each other. Nelson lay against the strong chest of his friend and lover. "Ah, this hits the spot. You were made to be my back cushion, Captain Crane. Of course, you were made to be a lot more than that, and after I've relaxed for a little while, I will show you some other things that I would like to do with you."

Lee Crane wrapped his arms tightly around the chest of his beloved friend. He leaned over and kissed the left earlobe and red hair that fringed around the nape of his love's neck. Laughing slightly, Crane responded, "Oh, Harri. I've found a whole new vocation in life - being your cushion - among other things!"

"Indeed, you have, sweetheart. I intend to find all kinds of uses for you over the next several years."

"Well, I definitely am ready for that. After all, when I can no longer be a sub driver for the Seaview, I can still be your comforter-cushion-ottoman, whatever."

Both men laughed at that. "My dear Captain, I intend to keep you around for a long time, but it does sound good for you to have an alternative occupation."

Nelson then grew quiet as if he were thinking. Crane leaned over and kissed the temple of his friend and caressed his arm. "Harri, what's the matter?"

"Nothing, sweetheart. I was just thinking about something that Martin Davis asked me."

"What was that?"

"He asked me if I was afraid. I told him I was, but I was more afraid of not accomplishing the mission."

"What's wrong with that? You put your duty above all else; that's one of the thing's that I love about you."

"Well, duty is important to me, but sometimes I go overboard. But that's not what really bothered me about that whole conversation. I realize now that what really frightens me can't be induced by fear gas."

"Harri, I don't understand. What is it that scares you so much?"

"It's very simple, my dear love. What frightens me the most in the world is losing you. If you stopped loving me, I would be lost. I couldn't stand to live. You are my world. I know that you think that I put duty before everything, but I want you to know, Lee Crane that you are the most important person in my life and always will be."

With those words Nelson turned around to look into the hazel eyes of his lover and friend. "That's the way that I feel about you too, Harri. You don't ever have to worry about me not loving you. In fact, when you are 95 and I'm in my 80's, I will still want to jump your bones, so forget that fear of losing me. I wouldn't want to live without you, either."

Nelson gave his friend a small smile; then leaned forward and brushed the luscious lips of his friend. "Thank you, Lee for loving me. Now, let's relax for a few minutes because I definitely don't want to be too tired later this evening."

"Oh, you have plans?"

Grinning from ear to ear, Nelson responded, "Indeed, I do, love. Indeed, I do."

"Sounds good to me. How about a back massage later on? That ought to relax you."

Once again grinning, "Have no fear, Captain. I have a tried and true way to relax, and I will try it on you as soon as we get done with dinner."

"Well, sir. Let's just say that I've been a bad boy and I'm being put to bed without supper."

With that remark the conversation dissolved into a great deal of laughing, kissing, nuzzling, and laving with neither man displaying the remarkable control that they were both known for.

______
The End