Title: Voyage Journey 2: The City Beneath The Sea

Author: Carol

wsh2@webtv.net

Pairing: Lee/Harri

Rating: G; slash

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters; no infringement intended.

Notes: Second in the series.

 

Voyage Journey 2: The City Beneath The Sea
By Carol


Admiral Harriman Nelson had left a message that Captain Lee Crane was to report to him immediately upon his return from escorting the young woman, Melina to her island. Nelson was vaguely concerned over the friendship that the beautiful young people seemingly had developed in such a short amount of time. Comforted, however, by the fact that soon the Seaview would sail away and Lee Crane would probably never see the dark-eyed beauty again, Nelson waited for his friend to return.

After working for several hours, Nelson was so frustrated that he was prepared to call the Control Room to see if Crane had returned, when suddenly there was a knock on the door. "Come."

The door opened and the gorgeous Lee Crane stuck his head into the cabin. "You wanted to see me, sir?"

"Yes Lee, come in."

Crane entered and took his usual spot on the edge of the desk since this did not seem to be official business. "The boat is ready for departure, sir."

"How did the visit with your mermaid go, Lee?"

"Oh, very well. She insisted on feeding me, and we talked for awhile. I'm kind of concerned about her. She seems to be a very efficient type of person and stubborn enough that she?ll get along all right, but she has had a bad shock and has asked me to write to her."

This news gave Nelson a moment of concern since he had assumed that the two would have little communication. ***Well, at least, she'll be several thousand miles away.***

"I'll think she'll do all right. She really impressed me that she can take care of herself."

Lee nodded and stood up. "Yeah, I guess, but I will enjoy writing to her. She's a great girl; I'm sure she'll be a great correspondent."

Crane stood for a moment; watching the Admiral who seemed to be unsure of himself. "Uh, Admiral, is there something else that you wanted to discuss?"

"No, no, Lee. I just wanted to check about your plans - I mean, I wanted to check that you had successfully delivered the mermaid, so I guess that's it."

Crane turned around to leave then stopped and waited several feet from the Admiral's desk. Crane studied the Admiral's beautiful face. Although he had only been Captain of the Seaview for a few months, he had learned to read the red head's mind pretty well. "Admiral?"

Nelson looked up into the luscious hazel eyes of the man that he had fallen in love with so long ago. Nelson knew that he was unreasonably jealous of anyone who seemed to be close to Lee Crane. Sometimes, he could barely hold in his jealousy when he saw Crane with the blond Exec, but this girl, Melinda, could prove to be a real distraction, what with the correspondence and all. "Yes, Lee; is there a problem?"

"No, no problem on my part, but I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with me in my cabin this evening?"

A smile broke out on the Admiral's face. "That is a good idea. I understand that Cookie is trying some of his Greek recipes; of course, I'm sure they won't be as good as Melina's, but I would enjoy having dinner with you."

Softly Crane whispered, "Great.." Then, instead of leaving, he continued to stand, staring at the stocky man. After a few moments, Nelson became uncomfortable under the steady gaze, but the two men continued to lock gazes. Finally, Lee Crane raised his arms slowly and held them out to the Admiral.

For a moment, both men held their breaths, but finally Nelson stood and within seconds was in the arms of the man he adored. Crane threw his arms around the body of the man he loved and held on for dear life. The beautiful brunet leaned his head over and began to nuzzle and kiss the neck and earlobes of the red-haired man. He left a wet trail of kisses behind and continued a path which led directly to the lips of the waiting Admiral.

For the next few moments, the only sounds in the cabin were moans and groans, but finally the two men broke apart. "Lee, how did you know that's what I've wanted to do since Nautilus?"

"I didn't my dear Admiral, but I knew that that is what I have wanted to do. I could see how concerned you were when I mentioned corresponding with Melina so I figured that maybe you were a little bit jealous and I should test my theory. You were a little bit jealous, weren't you?"

Nelson looked with loving affection into the hazel eyes and slightly shook his head. "No, my dear one; I was not a little bit jealous - I was a lot jealous!"

Crane laughed delightfully and gave his Admiral one of his million dollar smiles. "Thank goodness, you were. I would have felt pretty stupid if you hadn't been jealous, and I had been left standing here with my arms out to you."

"Lee Crane, I have been in love with you for so long; I don't know how you hadn't figured it out already, but I'm glad you made the move. I love you, my dear one, and after dinner, I will prove it to you."

"Why do we have to wait until after dinner? I'm ready right now."

With a twinkle in the blue eyes, Nelson responded, "Because my beautiful Captain, you need to build up your strength."

A mischievous twinkle entered the hazel eyes. "Oh, and why do I need my strength?"

"Because I plan to wear you out with my own form of correspondence, Captain Crane!!!!"

With that response, Nelson went to the phone to ask that dinner for two be sent to his cabin immediately.


THE END